'arry For Inglund

scott_jambo

Is it too outrageous to think the NOTW or other red tops are sitting on a massive story about Redknapp until he is England manager.

We are all sure that he has been involved in dodgy dealings and sure the media are aware of it too, think about the money there is to be made in selling papers if Harry has got England firing on all cylinders and boom, the coppers are round lifting the manager of England due to new evidence from the media 'John Higgins' Style.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/8985545.stm

marshallschunkychicken
<br />Is it too outrageous to think the NOTW or other red tops are sitting on a massive story about Redknapp until he is England manager.<br />

<br />

We are all sure that he has been involved in dodgy dealings and sure the media are aware of it too, think about the money there is to be made in selling papers if Harry has got England firing on all cylinders and boom, the coppers are round lifting the manager of England due to new evidence from the media 'John Higgins' Style.<a href='http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/8985545.stm''>http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/8985545.stm' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'><br />

</a><br />

<a href='http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/8985545.stm' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>http://news.bbc.co.u...all/8985545.stm</a><br />

<br /><br /><br />

I think he'd have been done by now, if the police thought they had enough on him. Same with Allardyce.

I'm surprised he's only 6 years younger than Alex Ferguson.

The FA showed years ago that they would take someone on who had a hell of a lot of smoke around him (Venables) - that was quite a few years ago, granted.

Reading this, its ******* nuts.

https://www.amazon.c...84063471&sr=1-1

Any juicy stories so far in the book? Might have to purchase it.

I think the FA would take on Redknapp if Capello doesnt deliver..or even if he does. The England fans demand success and there really is no one else English that can deliver that.

Any juicy stories so far in the book? Might have to purchase it.

I think the FA would take on Redknapp if Capello doesnt deliver..or even if he does. The England fans demand success and there really is no one else English that can deliver that.

EVERY page is something juicy, Scott.

Well worth a punt. There is no doubt that bungs went on. They may still do.

Find it ironic that 2 of the guys noted in recent years as potential England managers (and they would take it)

Harry Redknapp who has recently came out wanting international friendlies banned and

Sam Allardyce who is vociferously against the sqaud capping system and a certain number of players being home grown.

So Harry is going straight into competitive matches unprepared and Big Sam thinks he can put a winning side out with either Championship players, or win the WC with 6 players.

Next England manager? Roy Hodgson I hope. But I suspect either Stuart Pearce (probable) or Alan Shearer (abandon all hope, ye who enter here).

Soho Square won't touch either Bagpuss or BFDSFA with a bargepole, however much Scott might fantasise about it.

Surely Redknapp is damaged goods and too dirty to be employed by the EFA.

I suspect that England will revert to an English manager next and would wager that it will be somebody who is not a candidate today. Two years is a long time in football, I have a sneaky suspicion that an unquoted candidate may sneak in to the reckoning.

As a shot in the dark, but I obviously have no idea, I wonder if McLaren would get a second shot....

Charlie-Brown

Next England manager? Roy Hodgson I hope. But I suspect either Stuart Pearce (probable) or Alan Shearer (abandon all hope, ye who enter here).

Soho Square won't touch either Bagpuss or BFSFA with a bargepole, however much Scott might fantasise about it.

i think & fear it's time for a Lawsonesque exhaustive prediction list of English managers and their likelyhood of being the next England manager? What number is Sean O'Driscoll? :D

Surely Redknapp is damaged goods and too dirty to be employed by the EFA.

I suspect that England will revert to an English manager next and would wager that it will be somebody who is not a candidate today. Two years is a long time in football, I have a sneaky suspicion that an unquoted candidate may sneak in to the reckoning.

As a shot in the dark, but I obviously have no idea, I wonder if McLaren would get a second shot....

That one really intrigues me. Unless he's a big success with a big English club first though, it ain't happening.

i think & fear it's time for a Lawsonesque exhaustive prediction list of English managers and their likelyhood of being the next England manager? What number is Sean O'Driscoll? :D

Isn't he Irish though? :)

Charlie-Brown

That one really intrigues me. Unless he's a big success with a big English club first though, it ain't happening.

Isn't he Irish though? :)

English born!

English born!

But played for the Republic, no? He's a terrific young manager, though: only a matter of time before someone in the EPL gives him a break.

Charlie-Brown

But played for the Republic, no? He's a terrific young manager, though: only a matter of time before someone in the EPL gives him a break.

Born in Wolverhampton - yes he was capped by ROI but he's Irish in the same way that Mick McCarthy, Andy Townsend and Mark Lawrenson are.

Born in Wolverhampton - yes he was capped by ROI but he's Irish in the same way that Mick McCarthy, Andy Townsend and Mark Lawrenson are.

Funny, in the Metro today, Owen Coyle was referred to as Scottish. Felt a little indignant at that if I was being honest.

I can't see for the life of me who England can appoint if they go for an English manager unless they go for Hodgson or 'Arry

The only young English managers of note I can think of are Ince and Pearce and they've both been found wanting a club level not even at the top level

Charlie-Brown

Funny, in the Metro today, Owen Coyle was referred to as Scottish. Felt a little indignant at that if I was being honest.

Well if you are being brutually honest Coyle and Ray Houghton and lesbian-face are all Scottish given they were all born and grew up in Scotland until well into adulthood, Jay McEvely & James Morrison similarly are both well and truly English in my opinion.

I can't see for the life of me who England can appoint if they go for an English manager unless they go for Hodgson or 'Arry

The only young English managers of note I can think of are Ince and Pearce and they've both been found wanting a club level not even at the top level

I think the FA will follow what will be described as the 'German route', and appoint from within: namely, Psycho. But because Psycho isn't good enough, it'll all go tits up pretty quickly.

In all honesty there are plenty at the lower league clubs I know little or nothing about however the overriding thought is - good luck finding an Englishman ! Quite staggering dearth of possibles.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_English_Football_League_managers

If I was the FA I'd try to get Arsene Wenger although I believe he has just signed an extension until 2014 so he may well honour that.

Charlie-Brown

In all honesty there are plenty at the lower league clubs I know little or nothing about however the overriding thought is - good luck finding an Englishman ! Quite staggering dearth of possibles.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_English_Football_League_managers

If I was the FA I'd try to get Arsene Wenger although I believe he has just signed an extension until 2014 so he may well honour that.

McCarthy & O'Driscoll are probably the 2 highest rated / longest serving 'English born' managers on that list although maybe their ROI appearances might deter them for some?

off-topic but didn't feel it needed a new thread however i read in th telegraph yesterday that SEVEN of the 14 players used by England in the recent euro championship matches are Manchester City players!

Archived