The Official JKB What Was The Last Film You Watched...

Guest GhostHunter

Ted

Soo funny. Went in blind, only knew there was an animated teddy in it. Had this bizarre but brilliant love story to the cheesy but fantastic 80s film Flash Gordon in it, as well as Mila Kunis. 8/10

Dredd

Saw the 3D showing. Urban IS Dredd, Olivia Thirlby is fantastic as the rookie Anderson. Grounding the film in one place for the most part grounds the character. The visuals of Mega-City one at times look like Carlos Ezquerra's ink has sprung to life. Budget shows at times but the slo-mo aesthetic is really quite striking and tied into the plot, and the action/violence is totally uncompromising. also 8/10

Sterling Archer

Mi : Ghost Protocal - enjoyable popcorn movie 6/10

21 jump st - best comedy ive seen in a long time 7/10

Lawless 7/10

Not as good as i wanted it to be or maybe i am just spoiled by watching Boardwalk Empire.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Once Upon A Time In The West

On remastered blu ray.

An absolute masterpiece.

11/10 thumbsup.gif

Simply the greatest Western ever made. Great choice.

west1.jpg

What's the mastering like on the Blu Ray?

What's the mastering like on the Blu Ray?

Visuals are stunning, music amazing, dialogue iffy in places. Some of the original was dubbed, so this doesn't carry too well, although it is very clear.

Comprehensive review here: Remastered Review thumbsup.gif

Edited by Dunks

Just watched Inception after a mate kept telling me to get it watched.

Bit of a mind fecker. Enjoyed it though. :thumbsup:

9/10.

Plus it has Marion Cotillard in it who is stunning. :woot:

Victor Mancini

premium rush 3/10

watched it on the strength of Joseph Gordon-Levitt playing the lead after his performance in the dark knight rises, its about a bicycle courier who has to make a drop in new york city whilst being chased by a corrupt cop, the idea is actually quite good but could've been done a lot better imo,

I haven't checked but when watching it I was pretty sure Danny McAskill was involved in a couple of the bike stunt scenes

22 Bullets. 6.5/10

Not exactly original, but enjoyable enough French movie about a retired mob boss.

Incendies 7/10

About Canadian-French twins who travel to the middle-east to discover their roots to fulfill their mother's dying wish. What they discover is pretty f***** up to say the least.

dobmisterdobster

Devil.

Don't bother. No wonder M Night Shyamalan's career is in the toilet. 2/10

The Village was a decent film. Unbreakable was good too.

The Last Airbender was the last straw for many people and probably ended his career.

Warriors of the Rainbow 7/10

Indigenous Taiwanese tribes rise up against their Japanese oppressors. Some of the dialog was a bit cringey - not sure how much of that was down to how it was translated into English. Decent watch none the less.

Edited by Ray Gin

The Last Airbender was the last straw for many people and probably ended his career.

Looking at this just as afilm, it's utter garbage.

When comparing it to the source material, it's even worse than utter garbage.

Victor Mancini

Red Lights 5/10

Maybe deserves a 6, but as I've been looking forward to seeing this for ages I felt it was a let down and couldve been much more interesting

Victor Mancini

The Sound Of My Voice 1/10

I normally watch at least 1 or 2 films a week, and this is one of the worst films I've ever watched, don't waste your time

Cleanskin - Sean Bean tracks a terrorist cell in uk. Decent, believable action movie 7.5/10

Just finished watching and it was a very enjoyable movie. I'd probably rate it the same.

Savages...........Shyte ending spoiled a good movie.6/10.

3/10. Shyte ending to fit in with the rest of the flic. Just Shyte.

Watched a few recently...

Intouchables - enjoyable although a bit cheesy, based on the true story of a French paraplegic who hires a black carer from the schemes. 7/10

Hunger Games - great cast and while it was decent enough, it just reminded me of a less good, kids version of the superb Battle Royale. 6/10 (BR is a 9/10).

The Pelican Brief - average John Grisham thriller. 6/10

Benny's Video - another Micharl Haneke film about observation/filming and the media's impact on desensitising. Hard going. 7/10

the hunger games 5.5/10 far to watered down, as someone already said your better watching battle royale

the raid 9/10 great martial arts film with some cracking fight scenes (subtitles tho)