The Official JKB What Was The Last Film You Watched...

Guest GhostHunter

I Care a Lot (Prime) 

6.5/10

A couple of eye-rollingly stupid bits but otherwise decent despite no likeable characters in the entire film. 

Japan Jambo

A United Kingdom - interesting watch particularly in the context of current events... (BBC iPlayer)

Edited by Japan Jambo
adding where to find

Japan Jambo
5 hours ago, GinRummy said:

The sequel to Coming to America on Amazon Prime. Wasn't me that wanted to watch it.

Utter shite 0/10

Oh no, junior is at me to watch this...

7 hours ago, GinRummy said:

The sequel to Coming to America on Amazon Prime. Wasn't me that wanted to watch it.

Utter shite 0/10

I think I actually shuddered with horror watching the trailer. 

Unknown user
10 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Utter shite 0/10

Nooooooo, say it ain't so

4 hours ago, Japan Jambo said:

Oh no, junior is at me to watch this...

2 hours ago, Furious Styles said:

Eddie Murphy should never be allowed to make another movie again. 

18 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Nooooooo, say it ain't so

Whole point of the first one, which I loved was he was a pampered African prince in New York. This one he’s an African king in Africa. The jokes just weren’t there. 

Unknown user
13 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Whole point of the first one, which I loved was he was a pampered African prince in New York. This one he’s an African king in Africa. The jokes just weren’t there. 

😢

15 hours ago, Furious Styles said:

Eddie Murphy should never be allowed to make another movie again. 

And compensate every unfortunate soul who sat through this shite.  One of the worst films in history and that’s saying something  

chester copperpot
7 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

And compensate every unfortunate soul who sat through this shite.  One of the worst films in history and that’s saying something  

I genuinely loved it.

Had to disengage my brain to do so but thought it was magic.

rudi must stay

Berlin Calling

Excellent German film on Netflix. Going to give it a 10 as it's kept my attention and had an intelligent storyline

10/10

Becky 8/10

Thought provoking, dramatic, disturbing.   I think you could watch it afew times just to see the bits you might have missed upon reflection.   There is definitely something to take from it.   Not for everyone if you're easily disturbed by graphic scenes.   Although it still comes out as a family movie, just not for kids. 

Stars Kevin James in an unusual role. 

Buffaloed 7/10

Another thought provoking film.   Some entertaining bits.   Suppose to be a comedy as well.   More drama than comedy.   Little laughs.  Still decent though.   

Edited by HMFC01

On 06/03/2021 at 00:34, The Frenchman Returns said:

Promising Young Woman

9/10

Decided to watch films nominated for awards, this was up for Best motion picture - drama, at this years Golden Globes.

Stars Carey Mulligan who I thought was excellent. Revenge black comedy with a few twists and a few very obvious turns along the way. I would have given it an 8 but Mrs F really liked it. Great soundtrack and closing with Angel of the Morning was beautiful.

Thanks TFR, cool movie , Mrs B liked it too , another 9/10

On 06/03/2021 at 00:34, The Frenchman Returns said:

Promising Young Woman

9/10

Decided to watch films nominated for awards, this was up for Best motion picture - drama, at this years Golden Globes.

Stars Carey Mulligan who I thought was excellent. Revenge black comedy with a few twists and a few very obvious turns along the way. I would have given it an 8 but Mrs F really liked it. Great soundtrack and closing with Angel of the Morning was beautiful.

Thanks TFR, cool movie , Mrs B liked it too , another 9/10 

Shanks said no

A Rainy Day in New York

3/10

One for the Woody Allen fans, unfortunately I’m not one and didn’t like it. Typical romcom by him set in NY

More of a recommendation post. I’ve just spotted the The Sisters Brothers is on Netflix now. Very good gritty modern style wester with Joaquin Phoenix and John C Reilly. Well worth a watch if you enjoy westerns. 

William H. Bonney
12 minutes ago, Tazio said:

More of a recommendation post. I’ve just spotted the The Sisters Brothers is on Netflix now. Very good gritty modern style wester with Joaquin Phoenix and John C Reilly. Well worth a watch if you enjoy westerns. 

Maybe avoid if you don’t like spiders. 

Shanks said no

Life in a year

5/10

One for the teens and ladies. Jaden Smith stars and he gets a girlfriend. He's going to Harvard and she's going to .......

My biggest problem was that Smith looked about 14.

Available on Prime

Edited by The Frenchman Returns

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri. I’ve been meaning to watch this since it came out and eventually got around to it. Excellent film I wish I’d watched sooner. Frances McDormand rightly got huge amounts of praise but in truth every one in the film is great. And another film with a great performance from Sam Rockwell. 
A solid 9/10 from me. 

Three billboards is a very good movie indeed. 

I recently watched Adventures of Rufus: The Fantastic Pet thinking it was going to be some spectacular animation movie for the majority wider viewers.   Turned out it is a kids movie ☺. Probably age seven under.   Although it wasn't too bad for some entertainment.    There was a scene that was very good I will post on the scenes thread.  Although you're best to watch it from the start to get the best of it, no cutting through.    7/10. 

Watched Ice Age 1 and 2 Recently again.    10/10 for both.   Brilliant stuff.   

Unknown user
On 10/03/2021 at 15:28, chester copperpot said:

I genuinely loved it.

Had to disengage my brain to do so but thought it was magic.

Interesting. When blues brothers 2000 came out everyone hated it but I enjoyed it. I don't know if people were expecting the ghost of John Belushi or for it to be less stupid than the first one, but I enjoyed it. I treated it as a new film, and like you say disengaged my brain and went along for the ride. 

Maybe I need to see this after all.

Edited by Smithee

Unknown user
1 hour ago, Tazio said:

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri. I’ve been meaning to watch this since it came out and eventually got around to it. Excellent film I wish I’d watched sooner. Frances McDormand rightly got huge amounts of praise but in truth every one in the film is great. And another film with a great performance from Sam Rockwell. 
A solid 9/10 from me. 

Yeah, superb

Just finished One Night In Miami on Amazon Prime. 
Based on a stage play it’s a fictional story of Malcolm X, Cassius Clay (as he is in the film), Sam Cooke, and Jim Brown in a hotel room in Miami the night Clay beat Sonny Liston to the title. X has called them together to discuss as the most successful black men in their fields he can use them to influence people. Interesting film with great acting from all the cast. 
7/10 it would have been an 8 if they’d got them in the hotel room quicker and made the set up a bit shorter but that a minor point. 

The Bad Samaritan on Prime is worth a watch. David Tennant plays a good part and I can see why he was the ideal choice to play Dennis Neilson in the recent true crime drama on tv. It had the Mrs jumping out her seat a  few times. A solid 7.5/10 from me 

luckyBatistuta

Just Before I Go

Directed by Courtney Cox (Friends) and starring Seann William Scott (Stifler)

After reading that combination I was debating whether to watch it or not. I like stupid humour, so I gave it a go and was quite surprised, I actually found it quite funny. I would recommend it as an easy watch and a good little laugh here and there. Also worth a watch for the fact it stars Olivia Thirlby (Goliath TV Series) She’s not normally my type, but the more I see her, the more she grows on me, gorgeous.

7/10

4 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Just Before I Go

Directed by Courtney Cox (Friends) and starring Seann William Scott (Stifler)

After reading that combination I was debating whether to watch it or not. I like stupid humour, so I gave it a go and was quite surprised, I actually found it quite funny. I would recommend it as an easy watch and a good little laugh here and there. Also worth a watch for the fact it stars Olivia Thirlby (Goliath TV Series) She’s not normally my type, but the more I see her, the more she grows on me, gorgeous.

7/10

You should check out Dredd if you like her 🥰

Warning this film is very violent if that's not your thing

luckyBatistuta
24 minutes ago, Madjambo21 said:

You should check out Dredd if you like her 🥰

Warning this film is very violent if that's not your thing

Cheers, I’m all over that. Will let you know😁

rudi must stay

Fractured

I recommend this one to those with Netflix. Good psychological thriller and I'm going to give it a 10 as in my opinion it didn't put a foot wrong and was solidly acted

10/10

Carl Fredrickson
13 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Fractured

I recommend this one to those with Netflix. Good psychological thriller and I'm going to give it a 10 as in my opinion it didn't put a foot wrong and was solidly acted

10/10

Thanks for this one. Watched it last night and it is well worth a watch

rudi must stay

Buster's Mal Heart

Recommend this one too to those with Netflix. Very interesting filmmaking, Rami Malek is very good as a man on the run from the police

10/10

Shanks said no

Ma Rainey's Black Bottom

6/10

Up for 5 Oscars including best actor and actress. A black movie and cast with a posthumous award possible for Chadwick.

Love blues but felt like a stage show rather than film, almost switched it off and probably would have if I wasn't trying to watch Oscar nominees.

Would have licked the sweat off Viola Davis though.

Edited by The Frenchman Returns
on netflix

Hector Riva

Hi.

If your into climbing watch this 'Valley Uprising' 

Even if your not into climbing this is mental. 10. 

Edited by Hector Riva

rudi must stay
5 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

The Night Clerk

Average film, great performance from Tye Sheridan

5/10

On Netflix 

I just re-watched (is that a word ?) That Sinking Feeling on BBC iPlayer after what must be 40 years. It's funnier than I remember and when you consider the 4 main "actors" were all unpaid amateurs , Bill Paterson did a great job.  Some genuinely LOL moments  and a depressing reminder of how bad Glasgow was back in the 70s.  Solid 7/10.

PS The film had terrific critical acclaim on it's release but when released in USA it was dubbed in Edinburgh accents  😄 -  some of the stuff is really hard to understand. 

Carl Fredrickson
10 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

I just re-watched (is that a word ?) That Sinking Feeling on BBC iPlayer after what must be 40 years. It's funnier than I remember and when you consider the 4 main "actors" were all unpaid amateurs , Bill Paterson did a great job.  Some genuinely LOL moments  and a depressing reminder of how bad Glasgow was back in the 70s.  Solid 7/10.

PS The film had terrific critical acclaim on it's release but when released in USA it was dubbed in Edinburgh accents  😄 -  some of the stuff is really hard to understand. 

I watched that a few weeks ago and agree with what you say. A great film that I appreciate all the more now than I did when I last saw it 20+ years ago

JudyJudyJudy

I rewatched “Psycho 2 “

earlier . I remember watching it for the first time years ago and  thinking it might be just ok and it would be a rip off of “ Psycho “ but it’s not . It’s brilliant , so many twists and turns in the plot and great performances from Anthony Perkins . Vera Miles and Meg Tilley . It’s a great homage to Hitchcock and has some set pieces the old master would be proud of . The ending is brilliant too .  9/10 

William H. Bonney
30 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I rewatched “Psycho 2 “

earlier . I remember watching it for the first time years ago and  thinking it might be just ok and it would be a rip off of “ Psycho “ but it’s not . It’s brilliant , so many twists and turns in the plot and great performances from Anthony Perkins . Vera Miles and Meg Tilley . It’s a great homage to Hitchcock and has some set pieces the old master would be proud of . The ending is brilliant too .  9/10 

The first film to give me nightmares, although I did watch it when I was 10.