The Official JKB What Was The Last Film You Watched...

Guest GhostHunter

rudi must stay
8 hours ago, Tazio said:

Both pretty boys that just mumble their way through films. To be fair to Gosling he’s a lot more versatile. Hardy hasn’t really impressed me in much I’ve seen him in. 

Seen Bronson and Stuart A Life Backwards?

Hector Riva

Paul Newman - Cool hand Luke. Ok but not as good as I remember.  50 hard boiled eggs. The bird washing the car 😉

Shanks said no

Capone

5/10

+Tom Hardy is excellent

- did not like the film, found watching a man, whoever he was, lose his dignity like that frankly wrong. 

2 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Capone

5/10

+Tom Hardy is excellent

- did not like the film, found watching a man, whoever he was, lose his dignity like that frankly wrong. 

I switched if off after 15 minutes. Sounds like I made the right call.

Malinga the Swinga

Stan and Ollie. Was on BBC few days back and finally watched it at weekend. Steve Coogan, who normally I don't really like, was excellent as Stan Laurel but John C Reilly as Oliver Hardy was sensational. They sketches and routines they played out were nigh on perfect. 

The last 10 minutes were so sad as Stan carried Olly through performances when Olly was ill. 

Not one for younger viewers but for those of us who are older and remember them, it was a great way to spend an evening. The best double act ever, even better than Robbo and Clark. 10/10 from me. 

rudi must stay

Cardboard Gangsters

I found this a film full of energy and confidence with a great accompanying soundtrack

8/10

I’ve just watched Soul on Disney+. Thoroughly enjoyed it, the Pixar bunch really do know how to make a film that mixes humour and emotional scripting very well. goes without saying the animation is fantastic. 

On 15/02/2021 at 22:24, The Frenchman Returns said:

Watched it on a boring Sunday afternoon, Mrs F really enjoyed it, pretty standard Buttcake stuff. Agree with your marking.

Thought that said Bukkake and was gutted I'd missed a good bit.

On 01/03/2021 at 18:00, Malinga the Swinga said:

Stan and Ollie. Was on BBC few days back and finally watched it at weekend. Steve Coogan, who normally I don't really like, was excellent as Stan Laurel but John C Reilly as Oliver Hardy was sensational. They sketches and routines they played out were nigh on perfect. 

The last 10 minutes were so sad as Stan carried Olly through performances when Olly was ill. 

Not one for younger viewers but for those of us who are older and remember them, it was a great way to spend an evening. The best double act ever, even better than Robbo and Clark. 10/10 from me. 

Not necessarily. I’m 26 and I saw it at the cinema (so I would’ve been 23/24 at the time I think), only time in I don’t know how long that I’ve managed to go through a film without any kind of distractions whatsoever (my attention span is absolutely pish). Loved every minute of it.

On 01/03/2021 at 18:00, Malinga the Swinga said:

Not necessarily. I’m 26 and I saw it at the cinema (so I would’ve been 23/24 at the time I think), only time in I don’t know how long that I’ve managed to go through a film without any kind of distractions whatsoever (my attention span is absolutely pish). Loved every minute of it.

On 27/02/2021 at 22:11, Furious Styles said:

If you haven’t seen a prophet, watch it ASAP. He is outstanding in it. 

Also the lead in The Serpent on iPlayer.

Shanks said no
14 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

A Hidden Life

Absolutely exceptional

10/10

The trailer looks very promising, so will definitely give it a viewing, available where?

rudi must stay
2 hours ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

The trailer looks very promising, so will definitely give it a viewing, available where?

You'll need to buy it on the play store on your phone or buy the DVD/Blu-ray 

On 03/03/2021 at 21:42, rudi must stay said:

A Hidden Life

Absolutely exceptional

10/10

Must be a contender for slow burner of the decade. It's taken me 2 hours to watch the first hour as I keep falling asleep. That's him off on the train now though so maybe it'll pick up.

ps. Do folk still pay for movies?

Edited by graygo

luckyBatistuta

Dangerous Game,

starring Callum Best. I should have stopped myself knowing he was in it, just as I should have stopped myself watching it all the way to the end.

0.5/10

Some of the worst acting I’ve ever seen, truly horrific stuff.

Shanks said no
1 hour ago, graygo said:

Must be a contender for slow burner of the decade. It's taken me 2 hours to watch the first hour as I keep falling asleep. That's him off on the train now though so maybe it'll pick up.

ps. Do folk still pay for movies?

Mrs F didn’t manage to last the 3 hours and is sound asleep! 

A hidden life

8/10

it is an astonishing film. A beautiful piece of art, cinematography at its finest and probably director Terence Malicks masterpiece. Wish I could have seen it in the cinema and thank you @rudi must stayfor the recommendation. 
However I am glad not all films are as slow and long as it was a trial of endurance. 
As a footnote my grandfathers brother was a Japanese POW and always vowed that he would never under any circumstances fight another war. He would head for the hills and live off the land instead, as a gillie he would probably have survived for quite some time.

I watched it FOC on f2movies

Edited by The Frenchman Returns

William H. Bonney
1 hour ago, Barack said:

Coming To America 2 is on Prime now.

Going to watch it tonight. I've a terrible feeling I'm going to be very underwhelmed. 

What makes you think that? 
Surely it’s not the god awful trailer? 

rudi must stay
15 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

You get through some amount of movies Rudi :lol:

Keep up the reviews posting👍

Will do 👍

Shanks said no

Promising Young Woman

9/10

Decided to watch films nominated for awards, this was up for Best motion picture - drama, at this years Golden Globes.

Stars Carey Mulligan who I thought was excellent. Revenge black comedy with a few twists and a few very obvious turns along the way. I would have given it an 8 but Mrs F really liked it. Great soundtrack and closing with Angel of the Morning was beautiful.

I Care a Lot

8/10

The always-watchable Rosamund Pike plays the part of a nasty, corrupt carer.  Also has Peter Dinklage as an equally nasty competitor.

Shanks said no

Nomadland 

4/10

Carrying on with watching nominees for Best motion picture - drama, at this years Golden Globes, we watched the winner. 

obviously going out on a limb here but I thought it was awful and thoroughly depressing. Would have scored lower but wife felt it was ok. 

had elements of Fargo (which I loved) but lacked the novel quirkiness. Also stars Frances McDormand. 

Will be interested to see if I am alone. 

rudi must stay

Surge

Never seen a film like it. Ben Whishaw is extraordinary. Again watch it on the Glasgow Film Festival website for £10

10/10

Telford_jambo123
On 27/02/2021 at 15:15, 1971fozzy said:

😱.  Have you seen warrior ?

you may change your mind

he was decent in that but he was better in “legend” imo

Shanks said no

Moxie

5/10

Yes we enjoyed it more than the Golden Globe winner! A girls teen movie covering feminism / equality / coming of age. It was fairly standard US teen movie fair but occasionally there was an edge to it. A few funny moments.

Telford_jambo123
On 27/02/2021 at 15:15, 1971fozzy said:

😱.  Have you seen warrior ?

you may change your mind

he was decent in that but he was better in “legend” imo

Shanks said no

Anti-Nowhere League: We Are The League

10/10

I hate people

I was lucky enough to be there at the beginning and this documentary film brought back so many memories. Even if you aren't an old punk its still a hilarious journey and a great down to earth journey.

Amazon Prime

chester copperpot

I opened this thread as not been sleeping great and wanted something to watch.

Ended up going for I care a lot.

Thoroughly decent movie. 7.5/10