The Official JKB What Was The Last Film You Watched...

Guest GhostHunter

rudi must stay

Restless Natives

Just like Carl Frederickson said it was nice to see Edinburgh again. I think with all its history and mystery it's a great location to put on film/TV

7/10

3 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Good man. Back to movies

I thought it was quite witty for me....

Had Runner Runner (2013) on this afternoon not seen it since it was in the cinema 6.5/10 👌🏻

rudi must stay
24 minutes ago, sadj said:

I thought it was quite witty for me....

Had Runner Runner (2013) on this afternoon not seen it since it was in the cinema 6.5/10 👌🏻

Runner Runner is an excellent film 

Dagger Is Back

Bridge Of Spies

Eventually got round to watching this. Tim Hanks rarely disappoints.

Based in factual events surrounding espionage in the Cold War years.

Netflix 8/10

11 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Bridge Of Spies

Eventually got round to watching this. Tim Hanks rarely disappoints.

Based in factual events surrounding espionage in the Cold War years.

Netflix 8/10

I thought it was a very good film. Mark Raylance excellent in it too as the Soviet spy.

Dagger Is Back
1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

I thought it was a very good film. Mark Raylance excellent in it too as the Soviet spy.

He was indeed. Had the added bonus that that the wife fell asleep during it which saved me having  to continually stop it and explain what was happening 😂

17 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

He was indeed. Had the added bonus that that the wife fell asleep during it which saved me having  to continually stop it and explain what was happening 😂

🤣

Dagger Is Back
1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

1 hour ago, Dagger Is Back said:

10 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

it sounds like you like repeating things

7 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Ha ha. I'm used to having to do that

You mean your wife doesnt accuse you of having selective hearing?

On 02/02/2021 at 23:06, Pans Jambo said:

The Lighthouse.

No completely weird at all.

:cornette:

There's quite afew lighthouse movies released at the moment and probably more to come.    However! 😇 

I think I know the one you are referring to, without asking.  :24_shocked:

One watch was enough for me.    As sick as it was.   The ending was decent, reminded me of the end of project blue book season three. 

If it's not zombie movies it's lighthouses.  

Actually, I got it wrong.    The film I thought you meant was Cold Skin.   Not entirely a sane movie and could easily be described as weird. 

Mental film that deserves a 1/10 but the ending and action makes up for abit of the insanity so I give 7/10 with the hope for a sequel that doesn't involve anymore cringey bits.  ☺  🤒 

PS.   If you meant the William defoe film, I've not seen that one yet. 

Watched the BBC one, the Gérard butler one (the vanishing) , then cold skin.   I took a break after that last one.  ☺ 

Edited by HMFC01

8 hours ago, HMFC01 said:

There's quite afew lighthouse movies released at the moment and probably more to come.    However! 😇 

One watch was enough for me.    As sick as it was.   The ending was decent, reminded me of the end of project blue book season three. 

Actually, I got it wrong.    The film I thought you meant was Cold Skin.   Not entirely a sane movie and could easily be described as weird. 

Mental film that deserves a 1/10 but the ending and action makes up for abit of the insanity so I give 7/10 with the hope for a sequel that doesn't involve anymore cringey bits.  ☺  🤒 

Watched the BBC one, the Gérard butler one (the vanishing) , then cold skin.   I took a break after that last one.  ☺ 

:lol: Aye its the Defoe and Pattinson one I seen.. 

William H. Bonney
12 hours ago, HMFC01 said:

i just started reading this novel yesterday. 

Wonder Woman 84

Bog standard, by-the-numbers, structure-copied-from-disney/marvel, predictable, bad cgi fight scenes superhero movie.

Why 1984 was chosen as the setting eludes me.

The year has absolutely nothing to do with the plot. It could have been set at any time between 1918 and now.

Other than trying to cynically cash in on the current 80's zeitgeist (they even filmed in the same shopping mall as Stranger Things ffs).

4/10

Which is about 3 points more than any of the other DC movies have scored on the Cade Scale so far.

Tell No One , a 2006 French movie that has loads of good reviews.

I quite enjoyed it (even with subtitles) although the plot is a bit convoluted and the ending is schmaltzy.

Solid 7/10.

Tres bonne.

This came up at the start of Amazon Prime movies, probably down  to Christopher  Plummer's passing. I really enjoyed it.

Remember (2015)

With help from a fellow Holocaust survivor (Martin Landau), a widower (Christopher Plummer) who struggles with memory loss embarks on a cross-country odyssey to find the former Nazi responsible for the deaths of their family members.

Hell or High Water

tremendous film. Chris Pine and Jeff Bridges star in a great film about 2 brothers who go on a bank robbing spree. Superb stuff

rudi must stay
14 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Palmer

Well impressed with Timberlake in this one. Very good and the film is a very strong one

10/10

Free on Apple TV 

17 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Hell or High Water

tremendous film. Chris Pine and Jeff Bridges star in a great film about 2 brothers who go on a bank robbing spree. Superb stuff

Watched on disc

On 06/02/2021 at 17:10, NANOJAMBO said:

Tell No One , a 2006 French movie that has loads of good reviews.

I quite enjoyed it (even with subtitles) although the plot is a bit convoluted and the ending is schmaltzy.

Solid 7/10.

Tres bonne.

If your into reading,the book is excellent.

Carl Fredrickson

Scottish Mussel on Amazon Prime. Martin Compston and a host of well kent faces in this "comedy". Very poor with a weak story and some awful acting. 

I normally see good things in Scottish made or Scottish based films but struggled to find any redeeming factors in this other than Talulah Riley in a bikini. 

2/10

Carl Fredrickson

The Three Kings on Prims

Doc about Stein, Busby and Shankly. A great watch and a decent insight into the careers of three great Scottish managers. 

8/10

Just watched this today. It's 2 hours long and the first hour is very, very funny. The latter half less so but still has its moments.

Would recommend as a "lockdown escape" film. 

Edit - go to 1.46. 

Edited by NANOJAMBO

Bad Boys For Life.

I thought Will Smith was called Mike Larry since I seen the original at 16. Lowrie, who knew? 😂

Space Sweepers on Netflix. Don't buy into IMDB's rating of 6.7. I'd give 8/10 this is quite enjoyable. Good Sci Fi effort from Korea. Some good school boy humour too.

Worth a watch.

Space Sweepers on Netflix. Don't buy into IMDB's rating of 6.7. I'd give 8/10 this is quite enjoyable. Good Sci Fi effort from Korea. Some good school boy humour too.

Worth a watch. 

Watched the Nice Guys, this afternoon, which I had recorded off Film4. Stars Russell Crowe and Ryan Gosling as a couple of Private investigators. I enjoyed it.

The female actress that plays Gosling's daughter steals the film.

Some very good laughs in it 7.5/10

5 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Watched the Nice Guys, this afternoon, which I had recorded off Film4. Stars Russell Crowe and Ryan Gosling as a couple of Private investigators. I enjoyed it.

The female actress that plays Gosling's daughter steals the film.

Some very good laughs in it 7.5/10

Underrated film. 

Samuel Camazzola

Greenland. Easy to watch action nonsense with Gérard Butler. 

Some tense scenes when the panic sets in. 

6.5/10 (Amazon Prime) 

William H. Bonney
45 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Greenland. Easy to watch action nonsense with Gérard Butler. 

Some tense scenes when the panic sets in. 

6.5/10 (Amazon Prime) 

I cried. I cried watching a Gerald butler film. 
The shame. 

Samuel Camazzola
57 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

I cried. I cried watching a Gerald butler film. 
The shame. 

Assume this is a relative? 😉