The Official JKB What Was The Last Film You Watched...

Guest GhostHunter

Shanks said no

Jellyfish (on sky movies)

9/10

powerful and brutal portrayal of a family in Tory Britain. Had to check it wasn’t a Ken Loach film. 

Liv Hill is astonishing in it. 

Edited by The Frenchman Returns
If a star is born is an 8 then this is a 9

Wounds (Netflix)

Horror film with Armie Hammer, Dakota Johnson and zazie beatz. 

One of the worst films I think I have ever watched.

Good cast but absolutely pish. Would love to know other peoples opinions on it.

2/10

The Deer Hunter. 1978

Its available to rent on demand on Sky.

In my opinion probably the greatest film ever made? If you haven’t seen it baring in mind it’s over 40 years old I strongly suggest you do.

Cinematic and acting perfection. 

10/10 

1 hour ago, Vlad Magic said:

The Deer Hunter. 1978

Its available to rent on demand on Sky.

In my opinion probably the greatest film ever made? If you haven’t seen it baring in mind it’s over 40 years old I strongly suggest you do.

Cinematic and acting perfection. 

10/10 

there is some very good performances in the deer hunter. john cazale was dying of cancer during the filming and he has the interesting fact of being in 5 films (6 if you include archive footage after his death) and all of them being nominated for best picture oscar. the 6th was also nominated for best picture oscar

37 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

there is some very good performances in the deer hunter. john cazale was dying of cancer during the filming and he has the interesting fact of being in 5 films (6 if you include archive footage after his death) and all of them being nominated for best picture oscar. the 6th was also nominated for best picture oscar

Didn't know that. He plays his role so well when going up against some incredible performances.

The guy you want to hate but feel sorry for?

18 hours ago, Madjambo21 said:

Wounds (Netflix)

Horror film with Armie Hammer, Dakota Johnson and zazie beatz. 

One of the worst films I think I have ever watched.

Good cast but absolutely pish. Would love to know other peoples opinions on it.

2/10

Watched it last week, it was awful. I seen I through to the end as I thought something reletivly exciting/scary, but no. 90 mins of nothing.

El Camino - 8/10

but....... I wish I watched the last episode of Breaking bad again so I knew what was going on.

Got there tho.

The Hangover 2.  5.5/10

Basically The Hangover 1 in a different city.

Sicario 2  7.5/10

Not quite as good as the first one but still a good watch.

Watched The King and Arctic on Netflix over the weekend.

Really enjoyed the first, 8/10, the scenes at the Battle of Agincourt were fantastic.

Arctic a 6/10, very watchable and I really like Mads Mikkelson.

rudi must stay
31 minutes ago, Iconic Idiot said:

Watched The King and Arctic on Netflix over the weekend.

Really enjoyed the first, 8/10, the scenes at the Battle of Agincourt were fantastic.

Arctic a 6/10, very watchable and I really like Mads Mikkelson.

The Kings sombre but a beautiful watch.

10/10 for me

Doctor sleep - really good. Not overly scary or as unsettling as the shining but a really entertaining horror. 8/10.

Carl Fredrickson

Three recent visits to the cinema, two with my kids

Addams Family. OK as far as kid films go, a couple of chuckles 5/10

Farmageddon - the latest Shaun The Sheep film. Found this a lot more funnier than I expected 7/10

The Aeronauts. Decent but not a great film. Interesting story 7/10

William H. Bonney

Beats 7/10

story set in West Lothian 1994 about 2 best friends from different backgrounds seeking out an illegal rave. 

Shanks said no
On 04/11/2019 at 20:13, Dino Velvet said:

Beats 7/10

story set in West Lothian 1994 about 2 best friends from different backgrounds seeking out an illegal rave. 

Where did you see this, my lad wants to see it, born in 94 in WL ! and he can only see it available on dvd?

William H. Bonney
22 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Where did you see this, my lad wants to see it, born in 94 in WL ! and he can only see it available on dvd?

I watched it on amazon

33 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

It’s on iTunes as well. 

Shanks said no
1 minute ago, Tazio said:

It’s on iTunes as well. 

12 minutes ago, Dino Velvet said:

I watched it on amazon

thanks guys

rudi must stay

The King

Spoiler

My extended review having now seen all of the film. Visually strong, I enjoyed Chalamat as King Henry V he puts in a very strong performance, as everyone knows he is one to watch, he is on fire in some scenes. Saying that Pattinson is comical and it makes the decision to make him the new Batman a questionable one for me

8/10 as another poster said is a fair score

Shanks said no

Anna and the Apocalypse

If I had known I was about to watch a Scottish zombie all singing and dancing musical comedy I wouldn't have believed it. It is utter nonsense but its redeeming feature was a fair bit of it is set in West Lothian, probably to save on the make up for the female parts.

The highlight was the scenes shot around the vacant Freeport Shopping Village near Blackburn. Seeing Zombies there wasn't too surprising.

3/10 only for the location

Carl Fredrickson
On 04/11/2019 at 15:59, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Doctor sleep - really good. Not overly scary or as unsettling as the shining but a really entertaining horror. 8/10.

Went to see it tonight and I agree 100% with this

13 hours ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Anna and the Apocalypse

If I had known I was about to watch a Scottish zombie all singing and dancing musical comedy I wouldn't have believed it. It is utter nonsense but its redeeming feature was a fair bit of it is set in West Lothian, probably to save on the make up for the female parts.

The highlight was the scenes shot around the vacant Freeport Shopping Village near Blackburn. Seeing Zombies there wasn't too surprising.

3/10 only for the location

This sounds like the worst film ever. 😄

15 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

This sounds like the worst film ever. 😄

I watched it not knowing it was a musical :vrface:

Had only heard it was a shaun of the dead type but set at Christmas which sounded fun. It's so bad :lol: might have worked if it was funny but it's not. 

I saw Joker a couple of days ago. Very uncomfortable viewing in places. I'm not sure how much of it happened and how much of it was in the Joker's head...

rudi must stay

Gangster No. 1

A British gangster film from 2000. Thought I'd give it a go as it's on the film section on 4OD

Really enjoyed it: a very stylish film with great acting (McDowell and Bettany are both outrageously talented actors IMO) 

Very underrated film that I'd actually give 10/10 

Aquaman

Felt a bit fishy about watching this as the trailers didn't do anything for me.

Jumped the shark half way through for me when they stole a boat.  A boat!  The 2 main characters that live and swim super fast underwater stole a crappy old boat to travel.

Some good action scenes in it, but ultimately it was a damp squid.

5/10

momentum - 7/10 violent action film with olga kurylenko, james purefoy and morgan freeman. good amount of action, decent watch but dont expect too much from it

Fracture (a Netflix original) 

6.5/10

Had potential, was ok. Not a long movie, I'd say worth a watch.

Drive 9/10 

Maybe not everyone's cup of tea, but one I've watched countless times, excellent. Great sound track too. 

luckyBatistuta

Just finished the Joker, what a film. Very uncomfortable watch really, but it does give you a fascinating insight in to the mind of someone who is mentally unstable. I can’t see how anyone is going to better that performance and deny Joaquin an Oscar for best actor, absolutely brilliant.

Carl Fredrickson

Spent an afternoon at Odeon yesterday and saw 2 films. 

Medway - very good film about the battle of Medway not long after Pearl Harbour. A couple of lines didnt sit well with me in that they veered towards a kind of "USA, USA, USA!" kind of nationalistic stuff. A far, far better film than the awful Pearl Harbour. Read a bit about the battle last night and the film is a decent portrayal of events (ready to be shot down for saying that) 7/10

The Good Liar - the opening half hour or so was good and i thought upto that point it was decent but then things changed and it really ended up quite disappointing. Promised much but failed to deliver 5/10 

1 hour ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

Spent an afternoon at Odeon yesterday and saw 2 films. 

Medway - very good film about the battle of Medway not long after Pearl Harbour. A couple of lines didnt sit well with me in that they veered towards a kind of "USA, USA, USA!" kind of nationalistic stuff. A far, far better film than the awful Pearl Harbour. Read a bit about the battle last night and the film is a decent portrayal of events (ready to be shot down for saying that) 7/10

The Good Liar - the opening half hour or so was good and i thought upto that point it was decent but then things changed and it really ended up quite disappointing. Promised much but failed to deliver 5/10 

Midway. It is about the battle of Midway. Remake of the 1970s film which starred Henry Fonda, Robert Mitchum, Glenn Ford, Charlton Heston and Hal Holbrook.

Both very good films in their own right.

Carl Fredrickson
5 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Midway. It is about the battle of Midway. Remake of the 1970s film which starred Henry Fonda, Robert Mitchum, Glenn Ford, Charlton Heston and Hal Holbrook.

Both very good films in their own right.

I didnt know there was another film - might see if i can trace it. The bravery of the pilots and crew was frightening. I know I couldnt do there job. 

Just now, Carl Fredrickson said:

I didnt know there was another film - might see if i can trace it. The bravery of the pilots and crew was frightening. I know I couldnt do there job. 

Agreed. On both sides.

26 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

The 1970s film is called. The battle of the Midway. 1976.

Edited by John Findlay

luckyBatistuta

The Kitchen...

Between 8th Ave. and the Hudson River, the Irish mafia runs 20 blocks of a tough New York City neighborhood known as Hell's Kitchen. But for mob wives Kathy, Ruby and Claire, things are about to take a dramatic and radical turn.

Poor recipe, poor ingredients, should have been put in the garbage.

On ‎13‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 15:18, luckyBatistuta said:

The Kitchen...

Between 8th Ave. and the Hudson River, the Irish mafia runs 20 blocks of a tough New York City neighborhood known as Hell's Kitchen. But for mob wives Kathy, Ruby and Claire, things are about to take a dramatic and radical turn.

Poor recipe, poor ingredients, should have been put in the garbage.

I see what you did there in your review.

Little Monsters

Totally daft but quite good fun. Could have done with a couple of the annoying kids getting the chop mind you.

7/10

Once upon a time in Hollywood.

absolutely brilliant. Loved it. 10/10 

Brad Pitt and DiCaprio were brilliant. Some standout hilarious scenes and brilliant ending. Defo getting it on Blu-ray. Out on the 9th Dec

rudi must stay

Spiderman Far From Home

More like it IMO. I enjoyed Avengers at times but this is back to what comic book films should be: fun. And Tom Holland is quite brilliant in this film, extremely talented actor. And Jake Gyllenhall, absolute star quality turn from a brilliant actor

8/10

Edited by rudi must stay

chester copperpot
13 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Spiderman Far From Home

More like it IMO. I enjoyed Avengers at times but this is back to what comic book films should be: fun. And Tom Holland is quite brilliant in this film, extremely talented actor. And Jake Gyllenhall, absolute star quality turn from a brilliant actor

8/10

Yeah I really liked it too.

Enjoy them for what they are and you cant go wrong with spiderman movie

rudi must stay
1 hour ago, chester copperpot said:

Yeah I really liked it too.

Enjoy them for what they are and you cant go wrong with spiderman movie

Totally right

It ain't Oscar worthy. But these movies keep my interest better than some artistic profound bit of nonsense from some angry old man with abit of money

I saw " The Good liar" today.  It was disappointing. There were too many plot holes. Certain things didn't make sense, but I dont want to spoil it for others. Only positive was the fine acting from two of our great screen and stage actors Ian Mckellan and Helen Mirren. 

11 hours ago, AndyNic said:

Joker. Thought it was going to be shite because everyone kept saying how good it was but wow! Loved it. 

Me too 8/10