The Official JKB What Was The Last Film You Watched...

Guest GhostHunter

chester copperpot
8 hours ago, iantjambo said:

Bohemian Rhapsody 

8/10

Very good, but the ending seemed a bit abrupt. As morbid as it sounds, I expected the story to continue onto his death.

Rami Malek was outstanding and seemed to get Freddie’s mannerisms spot on.

There's apparently talks ongoing about a 2nd movie which takes us from the end of the Wembley concert up till his death in 91.

Cashing in on the success of a movie if I ever saw it!

10 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

There's apparently talks ongoing about a 2nd movie which takes us from the end of the Wembley concert up till his death in 91.

Definitely a cash in, if they go ahead with it.

rudi must stay
4 hours ago, chester copperpot said:

That would be proper Hollywood right now. Bundle of laughs

Carl Fredrickson

Watched Bohemian Rhapsody again last night and the time flew by. I think my son will test to see if a DVD can wear out as he loves it too. 

Out of interest, does anyone know where the Live Aid footage was filmed? Was all of Wembley CGI? Before anyone asks, I am not from Hamilton! 

56 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

Watched Bohemian Rhapsody again last night and the time flew by. I think my son will test to see if a DVD can wear out as he loves it too. 

Out of interest, does anyone know where the Live Aid footage was filmed? Was all of Wembley CGI? Before anyone asks, I am not from Hamilton! 

Stage was real. Wembley was CGI.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/variety.com/2018/film/news/how-bohemian-rhapsody-recreated-live-aid-1203015841/amp/

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/bohemian-rhapsody-live-aid-scene/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.indiewire.com/2018/11/bohemian-rhapsody-live-aid-freddy-mercury-queen-1202016480/amp/

Edited by Mikey1874

17 hours ago, iantjambo said:

Bohemian Rhapsody 

8/10

Very good, but the ending seemed a bit abrupt. As morbid as it sounds, I expected the story to continue onto his death.

Rami Malek was outstanding and seemed to get Freddie’s mannerisms spot on.

**** that. It was already pushing over 2 hours which was a numb arse thanks to the Cineworld seats. Other than the time aspect, kinda glad they ended it at live aid, made for a really uplifting triumphant ending which is what it really deserved imo

23 minutes ago, Thommo414 said:

**** that. It was already pushing over 2 hours which was a numb arse thanks to the Cineworld seats. Other than the time aspect, kinda glad they ended it at live aid, made for a really uplifting triumphant ending which is what it really deserved imo

That’s a fair enough argument. But I personally would’ve sat through longer. I felt they left out a very important stage of the story.

Carl Fredrickson
On 22/02/2019 at 02:29, Ibiza Jambo said:

Free Solo

The National Geographic film about the climber Alex Honnold attempting to be the first person to climb the 3200ft El Capitan’s in Yosemite without any ropes or safety equipment.

Really enjoyed this right up until he actually starts to attempt it, hights have never bothered me but dear god it was almost difficult to watch at times and my hands were actually sweating. Jaw dropping stuff, highly recommend it! 

9/10 

(UK tv premier on March 3rd) 

Watched this tonight. 

Feck me! Last 15 minutes is a complete nightmare to watch. My fingernails are all but gone! Am away for a lie down!

9/10

26 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Watched this tonight. 

Feck me! Last 15 minutes is a complete nightmare to watch. My fingernails are all but gone! Am away for a lie down!

9/10

Just watched it too. The entire final section I was just like:

tenor.gif

Utter madness. Will never understand what drives somebody to do stuff like this. 

John Findlay
On Tuesday, March 05, 2019 at 16:34, Carl Fredrickson said:

The same people that built the original stage, built an exact replica for the film. The live aid scene was the first scene from the film to be filmed. 

Carl Fredrickson
1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

The same people that built the original stage, built an exact replica for the film. The live aid scene was the first scene from the film to be filmed. 

Cheers John. The links previously supplied were a good read. I saw Springsteen at Leeds in July 85 and due to tour commitments he couldnt perform at Live Aid. Instead he left the stage at Wembley for Live aid to use. 

A truly stunning scene in the film.

John Findlay
1 minute ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

Cheers John. The links previously supplied were a good read. I saw Springsteen at Leeds in July 85 and due to tour commitments he couldnt perform at Live Aid. Instead he left the stage at Wembley for Live aid to use. 

A truly stunning scene in the film.

I believe he was  on stage for over 3hrs at the a Wembley concert he gave.?

Carl Fredrickson
11 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I believe he was  on stage for over 3hrs at the a Wembley concert he gave.?

Even in his 60s he still does it. At Leeds he did an afternoon and evening set. By the end of the night I was knackered just watching him!

1 hour ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

Even in his 60s he still does it. At Leeds he did an afternoon and evening set. By the end of the night I was knackered just watching him!

I was there as well, an absolute marathon of a gig but didn't feel it as the set list was so well selected in terms of song choices.

Carl Fredrickson
10 hours ago, Tazio said:

I was there as well, an absolute marathon of a gig but didn't feel it as the set list was so well selected in terms of song choices.

:thumbsup:

Busy week at the cinema. Went to see On The Basis Of Sex today. The story of Ruth Ginsburg and her fight for equal rights in the USA. Is it to my ignorance that I had never heard of her and it is a very good film with Ruth making a wee cameo. 8/10

The third fact based movie of the week - going to see Captain Marvel tomorrow with my boy and will appreciate the escapism it offers. 

rudi must stay

The Bleeder

For me this film didn't do much. Slow, uninteresting and I've seen better efforts from Liev Schreiber

6/10

On 06/03/2019 at 21:21, Ray Gin said:

Just watched it too. The entire final section I was just like:

tenor.gif

Utter madness. Will never understand what drives somebody to do stuff like this. 

:D

Carl Fredrickson

Captain Marvel. My son loved it. It was pretty good. Tells the story of how Marvel Avengers got their name and introduces another character to the film franchise. 7/10

The Favourite 6/10

Less a comedy than I expected. Quite a bit darker. A little art house for my liking too. 

But it is funny. And worth it for Olivia Coleman who is outstanding. Good supporting performances too. 

Mental. 

19 hours ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

Captain Marvel. My son loved it. It was pretty good. Tells the story of how Marvel Avengers got their name and introduces another character to the film franchise. 7/10

My son loved it too.

Not the best film in the series but did like the 90s grunge soundtrack 

Carl Fredrickson
8 minutes ago, Madjambo21 said:

My son loved it too.

Not the best film in the series but did like the 90s grunge soundtrack 

When my son asked what my favourite part was I said the soundtrack :)

Just watched Bohemian Rhapsody.

Outstanding.  10/10 for me.

Incredible performance by Rami Malek.

John Findlay
6 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

Just watched Bohemian Rhapsody.

Outstanding.  10/10 for me.

Incredible performance by Rami Malek.

And my eldest son??

Disser Pointon

Beautiful Boy. 7.5/10. Really difficult viewing but very well acted. Something like this should be compulsory in all secondary schools to show the damage drugs do, not just to the user but to those around them. We don't do enough of it in schools IMO.

Hampden Demolition

Watched Se7en last night for the about the 5th time and it never gets old. Great film and brilliant plot twist at the end. 9/10.

Also watched the Belko Experiment on Saturday. Was ok but nothing to shout about. 6/10.

rudi must stay

England Is Mine

Biopic about Morrissey. Not seen a film like it in a while. It is a proper journey, ups and downs and some great writing. Proper star in the making Jack Lowden too, a real talent

10/10

Dagger Is Back

The Boys From Brazil 8/10

Kept me thoroughly entertained. 1978 film about Nazis in South America trying to resurrect their wee crusade 

rudi must stay
1 hour ago, Mad Dog Logan said:

Sexy Beast 

Not a massive fan of Ray Winstone but he and Ben Kingsley both play great parts.

9/10

Now you're talking mate. 

Everyone should watch this film 

Triple frontier 

Ex military robbing a drug cartel.

Defo worth a watch on Netflix.

Good cast with Oscar Isaac, Charlie Hunnam, Pedro Pascal and Ben Affleck (who was the bomb in phantoms)

Also a good soundtrack.

rudi must stay
3 hours ago, Madjambo21 said:

Triple frontier 

Ex military robbing a drug cartel.

Defo worth a watch on Netflix.

Good cast with Oscar Isaac, Charlie Hunnam, Pedro Pascal and Ben Affleck (who was the bomb in phantoms)

Also a good soundtrack.

Score?

Escape Room

4/10

Interesting idea but could’ve been a lot better.

Seemed to wait ages for something to happen. When it did, it was...Well, boring.

The whole film just seemed lazy, which was a shame, as it was a good concept.

Skeet Ulrich put in a good performance though.

On 08/03/2019 at 21:54, Mikey1874 said:

The Favourite 6/10

Less a comedy than I expected. Quite a bit darker. A little art house for my liking too. 

But it is funny. And worth it for Olivia Coleman who is outstanding. Good supporting performances too. 

Mental. 

Seriously - Olivia Coleman outstanding! I'm bewildered

On 06/03/2019 at 21:44, Carl Fredrickson said:

Fighting With My Family. Entertaining feel good movie 7/10

Good story well told, maybe an 8, I felt good after watching it

Watched Bohemian rhapsody on a long flight recently , acting and sound track were ok but thought the film was a bit cheesy. 5/10 

luckyBatistuta

Watched an old classic with some mates on Monday night. We were in stitches laughing, not as funny watching it now, as it was back in the day, but still brilliant. You have to love stupid humour to appreciate it, so let yourself go and enjoy it for what it is....A Classic

I give you...

Return of the Living Dead

Send More Cops!!! 

On 18/03/2019 at 07:53, Ron Burgundy said:

Mandy.

Was looking forward to it after a good review on here. It was awful IMO. Truly 2 hours wasted.

Completely disagree...Mandy is the epitome of a cult classic in my opinion.

Some people will hate it, whilst others like myself will think it’s a stunning piece of art...the cinematography and imagery are like a moving painting in places.

I knew I was going to enjoy it from the moment the old school titles came up and King Crimson ‘Starless’ played.

Edited by Deviskan

In the past month:

Bohemian Rhapsody  - biggest pile of horse shit I have ever seen.  Was annoyed throughout by the lack of story (it was just bringing Queen events into play every so often) especially the guy who played Freddie.  He tried too hard and his face really annoyed me, as did Roger in it.  Watch the many hundreds of bona fide Queen docus out there – the real Queen and save yourself from this drivel.

Goodfellas – Not seen it in about 20 years, nostalgia makes me like it but in reality it is actually a pretty shite film imo.  So overrated.

Instant Family – Quite funny.  Wahlberg plays this type of character very well.  A good family film about something close to my heart.

luckyBatistuta
2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

In the past month:

Bohemian Rhapsody  - biggest pile of horse shit I have ever seen.  Was annoyed throughout by the lack of story (it was just bringing Queen events into play every so often) especially the guy who played Freddie.  He tried too hard and his face really annoyed me, as did Roger in it.  Watch the many hundreds of bona fide Queen docus out there – the real Queen and save yourself from this drivel.

Goodfellas – Not seen it in about 20 years, nostalgia makes me like it but in reality it is actually a pretty shite film imo.  So overrated.

Instant Family – Quite funny.  Wahlberg plays this type of character very well.  A good family film about something close to my heart.

Goodfellas is shite :bolt:

Thought Rami Malek put in a fantastic performance as Freddie too.

9 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Goodfellas is shite :bolt:

Thought Rami Malek put in a fantastic performance as Freddie too.

For me he over acted and tried too hard.  I guess it comes down to no-one will ever be Freddie so seeing someone impersonate him for 2 hours just irritated me.  They tried to cram significant Queen events into a film almost gratuitously. 

Goodfellows really actually is.  Poor storyline that stays strong by just overhype.  Used to like it but watched it recently and realised it is actually a bit shite.

luckyBatistuta
Just now, i8hibsh said:

For me he over acted and tried too hard.  I guess it comes down to no-one will ever be Freddie so seeing someone impersonate him for 2 hours just irritated me.  They tried to cram significant Queen events into a film almost gratuitously. 

Goodfellows really actually is.  Poor storyline that stays strong by just overhype.  Used to like it but watched it recently and realised it is actually a bit shite.

There are plenty films and tv shows I’ve watched back years later that I’ve thought were really great. Watching them back years later though, I’ve  had a completely different opinion on some and actually thought they were shite, but that’s definitely not one of them. 

Judge Fudge
11 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Watched an old classic with some mates on Monday night. We were in stitches laughing, not as funny watching it now, as it was back in the day, but still brilliant. You have to love stupid humour to appreciate it, so let yourself go and enjoy it for what it is....A Classic

I give you...

Return of the Living Dead

Send More Cops!!! 

BRRRAAAAIIIIIIINSS!!!!