The Official JKB What Was The Last Film You Watched...

Guest GhostHunter

On 10/10/2018 at 22:24, Barack said:

Just back from watching: A Star Is Born.

Excellent. There are Oscars coming its way.

9/10.

Just seen that. Thought the first half was decent and promised a lot but the 2nd half was a dull drab.

Lady gaga was pretty good as was Cooper however it was a part she was born to play so not sure i could see her shift to other films easily.

5 or 6/10

Edited by hughesie27

12 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

Just seen that. Thought the first half was decent and promised a lot but the 2nd half was a dull drab.

Lady gaga was pretty good as was Cooper however it was a part she was born to play so not sure i could see her shift to other films easily.

5 or 6/10

Well she was in America Horror Story on TV and picked up a Golden Globe for best actress so she must have more than that about her.

3 hours ago, Tazio said:

Well she was in America Horror Story on TV and picked up a Golden Globe for best actress so she must have more than that about her.

Never knew that. She done well in this film.

Some voice.

Mandy - low budget trippy revenge horror with Nicolas Cage. Absolutely brilliant; a proper cult movie of the type that they used to make in the 80s. Like Rolling Thunder meets The Evil Dead on acid. 9/10

On 13/10/2018 at 18:09, Jamhammer said:

Oh I dunno. Wolf of Wall Street won oscars and I thought it was utter pony

Winning Oscars doesn't necessarily mean the film is great art.  Plenty great films have won nothing and are now classics. 

On 17/10/2018 at 12:37, Tazio said:

Yeah she played an odd part in AHS and some people criticised her acting in it, but it was actually the part she was playing which was almost comatosed in it...she has proven with ASIB she can act. 

Dunno if anyone is a fan of Talking Pictures channel? Its on Freeview channel 81. Its brilliant for film buffs like me and I usually tape a film every day from this. Its mainly older films from the 40s 50s but a lot of them are terrific. Its a great channel. 

Watched the skyscraper which was just a cross between die hard and towering inferno 5/10

Latest Avengers film which was alright 7/10.

rudi must stay

Three Kings

A movie you don't really see anymore . No subplots and a billion characters, just one plot that keeps your interest. And the acting is great from everyone, particularly George Clooney. Loses its way I thought perhaps in moments but I really like the way the movie is made too, full of energy, it has some really slick scenes 

8/10

Coco - Latest Pixar/Disney thing.

Me and my 3 year old loved it. Watched it twice back to back.

Also watched The Wall, Iraq war type film about a couple of Americans pinned down by a sniper, quite enjoyed it.

Jonny English Strikes Again. 

7-10

I enjoyed it much more than I expected to, I thought my son was going to wet himself laughing!. 

Special Agent Dale Cooper

Another review for Venom.

Stellar cast trying their best to save a cringeworthy script and half-cooked plot. 

Mildy-enjoyable tripe.

5/10.

14 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

Jonny English Strikes Again. 

7-10

I enjoyed it much more than I expected to, I thought my son was going to wet himself laughing!. 

Ditto. My laddie's laugh at the showing was the loudest I'd ever heard it.

On 15/10/2018 at 23:24, chester copperpot said:

Skyscraper 6/10 meh!

Good effects though. 

That's all what's going for it. Otherwise it's an big budget pile of shite.

rudi must stay

Bohemian Rhapsody

Very strong film. Some great scenes throughout and I felt time flies watching it due to how exciting every scene was. I thought Rami Malik was brilliant as Freddie Mercury, he is an actor I will watch out for in the future

9/10

13 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Bohemian Rhapsody

Very strong film. Some great scenes throughout and I felt time flies watching it due to how exciting every scene was. I thought Rami Malik was brilliant as Freddie Mercury, he is an actor I will watch out for in the future

9/10

Couldnt agree more. Malik was a revelation, as was the guy playing Brian May (Gwilym Lee). 2 hour film that flew past. 

Would see again. 

9/10. 

rudi must stay

Lions For Lambs

2008 political drama starring Robert Redford, Meryl Streep, Andrew Garfield, Tom Cruise and Michael Pena in a small role. This really is an excellent film, absolutely brilliant script some terrific conversations and it really makes you think watching it, terrific acting from all of the above as well

9/10

Edited by rudi must stay

A family man starring Gerrard Buttler.

Bit of a tear jerker.

A big shot headhunter who's life changes when his son gets a life threatening illness. 

7/10

Also mile 22 

But meh but some good fight scenes 6/10

rudi must stay

A Star Is Born

strong film. The music numbers are all done fantastically, Lady Gaga performs them all perfectly. And Bradley Cooper is as always brilliant, he's a very talented actor. I think its a film that should do very well on oscar night

9/10

rudi must stay

Swimming With Men

Excellent fun. Really fun feelgood movie that had me really laughing from the first minute to the last, and Rob Bryson played the Reggie Perrin loveable loser type part very well

8/10

Just watched Bohemian Rhapsody - simply superb 9/10. This film is a must see. As other posters have said Malik's performance was tip top. The 2 hours flew by. Will see again. 

rudi must stay

Knight of Cups

Mixed feelings on this one, it is a very cool film. Visually it's unbelievable, scene after scene, jaw dropping. But the film itself, it just doesn't go anywhere and is full of weird scenes and the usual artistic profound stuff some movies throw in, but yes if you want a nice looking artistic film its worth watching 100%

6/10

MacDonald Jardine
On 02/11/2018 at 22:51, Marvin said:

Just watched Bohemian Rhapsody - simply superb 9/10. This film is a must see. As other posters have said Malik's performance was tip top. The 2 hours flew by. Will see again. 

Saw it last night. Some of the live scenes were fantastic but overall 6/10.

rudi must stay

Peterloo

Visually striking but I found it a dull watch story wise and a slow burner, one dimensional too character wise, but all in all not bad and something different

6/10

Outlaw King

"Working from home today" so sneaked this in this morning. It's on Netflix.

I thought it was excellent. Great scenery throughout. The film is everything that Braveheart should have been. A true story (only the scene when the Bruce sword fights Eddie II at the battle of Louden hill at the end I would question as BS but other than that, I would say its historically accurate).

Chris Pine's accent is actually quite good. You don't really notice it that much in fact, its better than the Irish actors pretending to be Scottish.

Quite gory in a couple of bits but 2 hours passes really quickly.

8.5/10

Edited by Pans Jambo

rudi must stay

Outlaw King

For me, this is one of the best films I have ever seen. Scene after scene gorgeous, relevant and exciting, some fantastic performances too, infact it's full of them. What is fantastic too is the layers in the film, so many subplots and character relationships. I expected alot and it totally exceeded my expectations

10/10

Edited by rudi must stay

Outlaw King

i really enjoyed this film I thought it was fantastic in fact, the only disappointing thing is the film isn’t long enough as there is so much more to the story. They could’ve made a series

I’m still giving it 10/10

Outlaw King.7/10

Beautifully shot spoiled by the ending of Loudoun Hill.

The actor who played the kings son Edward was poor as well.

I was not impressed with the acting of Bruce's wife as well.

Still seen a lot worse.

Watching it on C5 just now.....London Has Fallen

Unbelievably bad......Can we change the tread title to Last movie that you switched off?

It's that bad, I have decided to record the rest :lol:

Edited by Tommy Brown

Outlaw King - 7/10 enjoyed it but what happened at the end of Loudoun hill totally spoiled it for me, worth watching though.

Papillon 2017 remake - 8/10 for me, for a remake it was pretty good, old enough to remember the original which was epic but would recommend this

Really enjoyed outlaw king 9/10

The nun not so much. Really poor horror 3/10

Overlord 7/10 horror set in ww2 I think. Bit daft but worth a watching. 

Samuel Camazzola

David Brent: Life on the Road

9/10

Beautifully written and underplayed by the genius that is Ricky Gervais. 

David Brent takes leave from his sales job and cashes in a couple of pensions to persue his dream of becoming a rock star. Features Andy Burrows (drummer from Razorlight) who also co-wrote the soundtrack which is very clever and funny. Check out the video to Lady Gypsy on YouTube! ? 

It has the right balance of laughs, cringe and humility. 

A special mention to Doc Brown (not from Back to the Future) who is very good again. 

For those who've yet to see this, it's on BBC this weekend. 

rudi must stay

Take the Ball, Pass the ball

Graham Hunter documentary on Barca. Absolutely gold, from the first second to the last. So interesting

10/10

Goon: Last of the Enforcers 4 or 5/10

First Goon movie was great, one of my favourite sports films but this was just a poorly executed sequel that, like many others, lives in the land of mediocrity. 

CavySlaveJambo

Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald. 

8/10

Some good scenes, but needs to be seen more than once to really get what is going on. but continuity errors connecting to Harry Potter, 

Also plenty of Easter eggs for Harry Potter fans,