The Official JKB What Was The Last Film You Watched...

Guest GhostHunter

rudi must stay

Polar

Mad action film on Netflix (think Tarantino)

Liked the humour at times, Mikkelson is excellent and cool (one of the best him IMO). Matt Lucas is dreadful though and I wouldn't watch it again

6/10

Edited by rudi must stay

Godzilla King of Monsters last night. Wish there had been more paggers but well worth a watch. Glad I saw it at the pictures. You gotta love the big fella 7/10

On 14/06/2019 at 08:57, Jamhammer said:

Godzilla King of Monsters last night. Wish there had been more paggers but well worth a watch. Glad I saw it at the pictures. You gotta love the big fella 7/10

Does Godzuki appear in it ?

10 hours ago, Vlad Magic said:

Does Godzuki appear in it ?

The Scrappy Doo of monsters? He does not

John Wick 1&2

Really enjoyed them both.

They are what they are:  Turn your brain off action films.

The Internet

BrightBurn. Doesn't seem to be getting a good write-up but I really enjoyed it. Dark, bit gory at times, cool storyline. Ruined slightly by the scenes during the credits, felt a bit unnecessary. 7/10.

Disser Pointon

Number 3, the best so far, total nonsense but entertaining all the same!

On 19/06/2019 at 22:37, Lovecraft said:

John Wick 1&2

Really enjoyed them both.

They are what they are:  Turn your brain off action films.

14 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

BrightBurn. Doesn't seem to be getting a good write-up but I really enjoyed it. Dark, bit gory at times, cool storyline. Ruined slightly by the scenes during the credits, felt a bit unnecessary. 7/10.

Looking forward to seeing this on Sunday.

Went to see Toy Story 4 with my boy.

Really good and a few good laughs.

Great addition to the series 

8/10

Francis Albert

Deadwood the Movie. Loved the TV series. This doesn't match it but is a must see if you are a Deadwood fan for the sake of "closure" after the frustration of the premature ending of the series.. Doubt it would make much sense to anyone not familiar with the TV series.

Rocketman. OK as biopics of stars go but I didn't think it was as exceptional as  most reviews claimed.

rudi must stay

The Mule

Not the film I expected. But a very good one, Clint Eastwood plays an interesting character and plays him well. Good acting aside from that too, worth watching

7/10

On 21/06/2019 at 07:41, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Quality wee film.

Basically if Superman came to earth as a baby and was a dick

8/10

rudi must stay

Spiderman : into the Spider verse

What a brilliant animated film. Unlike a lot of animated films it works as a film too with a strong storyline (plenty of twists and turns) and you do forget at times it's animated. Would recommend it for anyone

10/10 

rudi must stay

Maradona 

I couldn't find the words for this film. Any football fan should see it. Amazing soundtrack too, always a bonus

10/10

Judge Fudge

Sorcerer 

Four separate characters with shady back stories find themselves hiding out in a South American jungle town.  Desperate to make some money to get back on track, they take a job driving two trucks of unstable nitro glycerin through the jungle. 

Roy Shceider plays the lead and William friedkin directs an early eighties hidden gem.

9/10

tokyowalnut
4 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Maradona 

I couldn't find the words for this film. Any football fan should see it. Amazing soundtrack too, always a bonus

10/10

Disappointed to have missed this in the cinema, such a limited release! 

Yesterday.

Wish it was actually yesterday and I’d tell myself to tell Mrs JH to go on her own.

Not my cup of tea at all.

If I tell you Ed Sheerin is the best thing in it that tells you pretty much all you need to know.

On 30/06/2019 at 21:01, Ray Gin said:

The short film "Anima" on Netflix is a must for any Radiohead/Thom Yorke fans.

Thanks for that

5 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

Thanks for that

Check out the full album of the same name if you haven't already done so. It's up on Spotify. :thumbsup: 

4 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

Check out the full album of the same name if you haven't already done so. It's up on Spotify. :thumbsup: 

I'm old skool. Be buying the CD

rudi must stay

Yesterday

I'd watch anything Danny Boyle directs. Absolutely brilliant creative director (some of the scenes are very cool camera work wise) and he gets the acting spot on too IMO. Hilarious film and I recommend it 100% 

10/10

William H. Bonney

Slaughterhouse rulez.   2/10

terrible film. Absolutely no redeeming qualities 

the house that jack built 9/10

one of the best films I’ve seen in recent years. Matt Dillon is utterly superb. 

Toy Story 4 - absolutely pointless cash-in that 100% wasn't needed but not actually that bad - 7/10

Snowpiercer - Random Netflix find. Train carrying the last of civilization careers through a snowy world whilst the inhabitants fight amongst themselves. Not too shabby if you're not wanting to think - 6/10

Francis Albert
On 05/07/2019 at 15:11, rudi must stay said:

Yesterday

I'd watch anything Danny Boyle directs. Absolutely brilliant creative director (some of the scenes are very cool camera work wise) and he gets the acting spot on too IMO. Hilarious film and I recommend it 100% 

10/10

I'd only go as far as 8 or 9 but it is a hugely enjoyable film well acted despite the odd cheesy moment. A must for any Beatles fan. 

rudi must stay
25 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I'd only go as far as 8 or 9 but it is a hugely enjoyable film well acted despite the odd cheesy moment. A must for any Beatles fan. 

8's a fair score yes. Would agree with that

Carl Fredrickson

Robert The Bruce. 

Was looking forward to this but left disappointed. It reminded me of some western movies when I was wee with settlers defending their land. 

As much as Braveheart was historically inaccurate, it was a far better film than RTB

4/10

rudi must stay

Life of Brian

Not watched it since I was a kid. Hilarious, so many good lines and scenes. My personal favourite the one in the space ship

10/10

Edited by rudi must stay

Hellboy 5/10 Verging on Rotten

Rocket Man 8/10 Excellent

See you yesterday 8/10 V G

rudi must stay

Aquaman

Quite enjoyed this one. They found the right guy with Jason Momoa and I liked the look of it as well as the soundtrack

7/10

William H. Bonney

Midsommar.  7/10

visually stunning. Beautiful cinematography. Weird as ****. 

Too long as well. It’s an interesting horror film but certainly not for everyone’s taste. 

Dagger Is Back
On 07/07/2019 at 16:44, The Brow said:

Toy Story 4 - absolutely pointless cash-in that 100% wasn't needed but not actually that bad - 7/10

Snowpiercer - Random Netflix find. Train carrying the last of civilization careers through a snowy world whilst the inhabitants fight amongst themselves. Not too shabby if you're not wanting to think - 6/10

Just showed you how tastes vary widely. Watched SP and thought it was complete crap.

0/10

Dagger Is Back
On 07/07/2019 at 16:44, The Brow said:

Just showed you how tastes vary widely. Watched SP and thought it was complete crap.

0/10

Tommy Brown
14 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

0/10

Being fair, poster did say 

Not too shabby if you're not wanting to think - 6/10

👍

Carl Fredrickson

Going to see Jaws on the big screen on Monday. Saw it at the cinema when i was wee and I am quote excited. Could probably give it a 9/10 already. 

William H. Bonney
57 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

Going to see Jaws on the big screen on Monday. Saw it at the cinema when i was wee and I am quote excited. Could probably give it a 9/10 already. 

Where is it on? 

Edited by Dino Velvet

Carl Fredrickson
3 hours ago, Dino Velvet said:

Where is it on? 

Odeons as far as I am aware. Wester Hailes has it on Monday - only one showing. Others may have it on other days. My son wants to go and he is a similar age of when I first saw it. He has watched it on TV but I think the big screen experience will be amazing

William H. Bonney
1 minute ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

Odeons as far as I am aware. Wester Hailes has it on Monday - only one showing. Others may have it on other days. My son wants to go and he is a similar age of when I first saw it. He has watched it on TV but I think the big screen experience will be amazing

I’ve never seen it on the big screen. Would be an experience 

Carl Fredrickson
6 minutes ago, Dino Velvet said:

I’ve never seen it on the big screen. Would be an experience 

I am very excited and looking forward to it more than an adult should for a film.

Scared me so much when I was wee that I wouldnt go into a bath if there were bubbles in case a shark was in the water :)

On 08/07/2019 at 02:43, rudi must stay said:

Life of Brian

Not watched it since I was a kid. Hilarious, so many good lines and scenes. My personal favourite the one in the space ship

10/10

LoB never ages. Fantastic film.

On 13/07/2019 at 20:13, iantjambo said:

LoB never ages. Fantastic film.

Cracking film 😂😂 

Always liked the Holy Grail better though.

Recently I’ve watched two films 

Uprising  8/10

found it really funny 

The Green Book 10/10 for me.

It’s now probably my favourite film. 

It was funny sad disgusting beautiful. Just a barry film