Guest GhostHunter

The Official JKB What Was The Last Film You Watched...

luckyBatistuta
3 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

The Girl on the Train. 

1-10.

Utter drivle, as dull a film as I've seen. 

Way too high a score imo

chester copperpot

Watched the remake of Pet Semetary yesterday, pretty dull

5/10 and that was only for the wee girl in it's superb acting. Was expecting a lot lot more!

Cory McNamara

A Ghost Story (2017)

Deep and sorrowful stuff. Will stay with you forever.

MV5BMGM5ZWY1YzQtZTkwOC00MGUxLTkzYTItMWY5

Leave a note and thank me later.

rudi must stay
Posted (edited)

Final Score

Decent action film with Dave Bautista. As a film, it's not Oscar worthy, but it does the job as an hour and a half entertaining not have to think too much film. Plus being set at West Ham's old Boleyn Ground it has some nice inside the stadium shots and some nice visuals actually

6/10

Edited by rudi must stay

Vlad Magic

Watched Dune last night. Not seen it in many a year. Visually it still looks amazing albeit a bit messy in places but that’s understandable with it being over 30 years old!

Story is still confusing and patchy especially at the beginning but it flows well.

Worth a watch again if you are into SciFi.

Theres a remake coming out in 2020 which I’m sure il see in the cinema.

Gavman81

The Similars on Netflix - nuts!!!

Horror about a bunch of folk holed up in a bus station and then odd shenanigans happen...

Good watch if slightly like an extended episode of Twillight Zone. 

Cory McNamara
On 14/05/2019 at 11:33, chester copperpot said:

Watched the remake of Pet Semetary yesterday, pretty dull

Does it worth watching?

Original is such a classic. Friday 13th series, Elm Street series, From Beyond (1986), Critters and others - one great movie after another.

chester copperpot
1 hour ago, Cory McNamara said:

Does it worth watching?

Original is such a classic. Friday 13th series, Elm Street series, From Beyond (1986), Critters and others - one great movie after another.

I was really disappointed mate. Wanted it to be better. Not really into my horrors though so some may love it

Madjambo21
3 hours ago, Cory McNamara said:

Does it worth watching?

Its pants to be honest

Cory McNamara
3 hours ago, chester copperpot said:

I was really disappointed mate. Wanted it to be better. Not really into my horrors though so some may love it

15 minutes ago, Madjambo21 said:

Its pants to be honest

Thanks, that's sad. What was the last good remake? The Thing 2011?

It was about the first expedition.

Madjambo21
7 hours ago, Cory McNamara said:

I liked the Friday the 13th remake with Jared Padaleki.

Not as good as the original but was a good popcorn movie with some cool deaths in it.

Cory McNamara
7 hours ago, Madjambo21 said:

I liked the Friday the 13th remake with Jared Padaleki.

Not as good as the original but was a good popcorn movie with some cool deaths in it.

I still don't know what to do with this film. Jason Voorhees was outstanding, though I prefer Kane Hodder as an Actor. In this movie he is fast, furious and absolutely lethal.

But other characters are flat. Actors from the 80's are so much better. They even can laugh from the top at the modern ones.

MV5BM2U4MzU5OTUtOWMxYi00NWM1LWFhYmUtOGNi

I agree - some killings are good, but Jason is a silent killer, he is not a sadist. Seems like the makers of this motion picture don't understand that. He kills fast and unexpectedly. There are a lot of psychological things that could have been shown.

Jason takes a captive? Why we should concentrate on sister if she is doomed anyway? Jason like a Friday 13th is a mystery, but in this film - not so much.

Madjambo21
12 minutes ago, Cory McNamara said:

I still don't know what to do with this film. Jason Voorhees was outstanding, though I prefer Kane Hodder as an Actor. In this movie he is fast, furious and absolutely lethal.

But other characters are flat. Actors from the 80's are so much better. They even can laugh from the top at the modern ones.

MV5BM2U4MzU5OTUtOWMxYi00NWM1LWFhYmUtOGNi

I agree - some killings are good, but Jason is a silent killer, he is not a sadist. Seems like the makers of this motion picture don't understand that. He kills fast and unexpectedly. There are a lot of psychological things that could have been shown.

Jason takes a captive? Why we should concentrate on sister if she is doomed anyway? Jason like a Friday 13th is a mystery, but in this film - not so much.

I liked the start where you thought you were meeting the characters just for them to all killed off (apart from the sister)

Do agree that he just kills without the suspense in this film.

Was looking forward to the Evil Dead remake when it came out but it wasn't a patch on the original 

Some graphic deaths but like Friday 13th characters were poor

Madjambo21

John Wick 3 Parabellum

If you like the first 2 installments you will love this one.

John Wick on the run from the Continental and high table.

As you can imagine lots of hard action.

Numerous ways people get off'd and some funny moments too.

9.5/10

Hope people enjoy this as much as me.

Deviskan
On 16/05/2019 at 12:06, Vlad Magic said:

Watched Dune last night. Not seen it in many a year. Visually it still looks amazing albeit a bit messy in places but that’s understandable with it being over 30 years old!

Story is still confusing and patchy especially at the beginning but it flows well.

Worth a watch again if you are into SciFi.

Theres a remake coming out in 2020 which I’m sure il see in the cinema.

Dune is a cult classic in my opinion, such a shame Lynch never got to realise his true vision for the film though (as what he did manage is visually outstanding).

Seriously looking forward to the remake!

Judge Fudge
On 17 May 2019 at 01:09, Cory McNamara said:

The 82 version was a remake of the 51 version, the 2011 movie had elements of both. But tried way too hard with the shit cgi. The 82 version imo is the best remake of any sci- fi horror movie . 

rudi must stay

Hateful Eight

Didn't have the usual zip you get from Tarantino for me. Still an interesting watch with some brilliant acting and I liked the soundtrack too,  recommended if you're a fan of his and haven't seen it

7/10

CavySlaveJambo

Just seen Rocketman and I’d give it 7.5/10. I don’t feel the need to see it again this week, it is also a very much in your face account of drink and drugs and sometimes subtlety tells a story in a more powerful way.  Mind you I like how they told the story. It is much more a musical about a person than biopic. 

iantjambo

Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile.

7/10

Zac Efron was really good as Ted Bundy. It really showed how charismatic and manipulative Bundy was.

It was quite weird seeing Jim Parsons in a serious role though.

Edited by iantjambo