Guest GhostHunter

The Official JKB What Was The Last Film You Watched...

Dagger Is Back

American Animals 5/10

The true story of 4 US fellas who plan the theft of some very rare and valuable books from a University.

Lots of flashbacks and fast forwards and had lots of potential, but it dragged for me.

Maple Leaf

The Hitman's Bodyguard, with Ryan Reynolds and Samuel L.Jackson.

Very entertaining and worth watching.  8/10

rudi must stay

American Animals

I will agree with the above poster with his comments, but I enjoyed the acting, the main guy Evan Peters is a total natural and very good here. Lots of exciting scenes too. I enjoyed it

8/10

Carl Fredrickson

Vice. 

Like Michael Moores films this is viewing things from one side but if half what the film say sis true, then Dick Cheney is aptly named. 

8/10

rudi must stay

Split

Mad mad film. But more like it from Shamalyan, McAvoy is very good

7/10

Carl Fredrickson

The Lego Movie 2 

Loved it. Very clever movie. Probably bias as the kids and I love Lego.

Laughed out loud at one point 8/10

The Frenchman Returns

Mad to be normal

4/10

An odd one. David Tennant plays R.D. Laing the sixties Scottish psychiatrist who had very different methods of treating the mentally ill and in particular Schizophrenia. He was either a visionary or an utter mentalist. Mrs F hated it whilst I found it quite interesting.

One let down was not knowing what happened to some of the characters.

Kalamazoo Jambo

BlacKkKlansman. Fantastic stuff although (as mentioned above) a lot of the drama in the second half of the movie is a major departure from actual events. In parts funny, in parts horrifying. Set in the 70s but lot of deliberate nods to racism in the Trump era and the ending is particularly poignant. Great acting all around, and maybe Spike Lee gets that Oscar.

9/10

ri Alban
22 minutes ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

BlacKkKlansman. Fantastic stuff although (as mentioned above) a lot of the drama in the second half of the movie is a major departure from actual events. In parts funny, in parts horrifying. Set in the 70s but lot of deliberate nods to racism in the Trump era and the ending is particularly poignant. Great acting all around, and maybe Spike Lee gets that Oscar.

9/10

Fantastic film.

ri Alban

Aquaman 9/10

Brilliant, by far the best D.C film and up there with Marvel.

Carl Fredrickson
19 hours ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Mad to be normal

4/10

An odd one. David Tennant plays R.D. Laing the sixties Scottish psychiatrist who had very different methods of treating the mentally ill and in particular Schizophrenia. He was either a visionary or an utter mentalist. Mrs F hated it whilst I found it quite interesting.

One let down was not knowing what happened to some of the characters.

I watched this on Wednesday and liked the idea of the film but not the film itself. (Hope that makes sense)

Carl Fredrickson

The Kid Who Would Be King. 6/10

My 8 year old boy gave it 10/10

A cross between Lord of the Rings, Home Alone and the Goonies. 

It was the first time the Odeon at WH showed this film and after the trailers the film didnt start. Lights went out and background music started playing. We went and told the staff and as a result I learnt a lot of how cinemas work.

The films are available for them to download from a secure sight and they are meant to be checked by a manager prior to the first showing. In this instance, the manager was late in arriving and the staff assumed all was well with the download. When it didnt work, they then had to download it again.

There was about a 59 minute delay but the staff were really nice and we got whatever refreshments we wanted for free plus vouchers for free entry to the cinema for our next visit. 

rudi must stay

Heat

What a film. Acting masterclass, some of the best acting I've ever seen

10/10

chester copperpot

Watched The Green Book today on my day off.

8/10

Really enjoyed it and the acting was really good. 

rudi must stay

Happy New Year, Colin Burstread

An excellent film with great characters and great performances. Typical Ben Wheatley, he is a clever director the way he makes films, always well edited and inventive, and I liked the humour in this too. Recommend it

8/10

Tazio

I've just finished watching Blackkklansman, only £1.99 on Amazon just now. 

Very good film, probably Spike Lee's most accomplished film so far. Excellent performances from all the cast with special mention to Adam Driver. The last few minutes in particular are incredibly powerful. I thoroughly recommend it. 

The Frenchman Returns

Life of the party

0/10

Melissa  McCarthy stars in this utter pile of crap. I hated it but my wife wanted to watch it. Supposedly a comedy about a wife who has a divorce sprung on her so joins her daughter at university. 

Carl Fredrickson

Shock and Awe

Decent movie about the press in the USA that tried to expose the lies after 9/11 that led to the war in Iraq. 7/10

tokyowalnut
2 hours ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Life of the party

0/10

Melissa  McCarthy stars in this utter pile of crap. I hated it but my wife wanted to watch it. Supposedly a comedy about a wife who has a divorce sprung on her so joins her daughter at university. 

She is painfully unfunny.