The Official JKB What Was The Last Film You Watched...

Guest GhostHunter

18 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

Hostiles. 

8/10.

A real good Western with Christian Bale and Rosamund Pike. 

Watched that on Sunday, quite enjoyed it. Bit of a grim start with the three young uns.

Carl Fredrickson

Went to see The House With The Clock In Its Walls with my son yesterday

My son loved it. Decent film in a similar feel to Goosebumps. 6/10 from me 

2 hours ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

Went to see The House With The Clock In Its Walls with my son yesterday

My son loved it. Decent film in a similar feel to Goosebumps. 6/10 from me 

I saw that too. Not as good as Goosebumps but still a decent watch. I’d agree with 6/10. 

Last Flag Flying - good old man’s road movie with three Vietnam vets - Bryan Cranston, Steve Carrell and Laurence Fishburne - travelling the north east US to bring home the body of Carrell’s son, who was killed in Iraq. Directed by Richard Linklater who made dazed and confused, boyhood etc. Love the way he films small town America. 7/10

Gimme Danger - quality music doc by Jim Jarmusch about The Stooges. Great interviews with Iggy and a must watch if you like the band. 8/10

On 27/09/2018 at 08:17, MadJock said:

The Preditor

7/10  for me

Decent action flick but not a patch on the first movie, glad i watched it on big screen

Was it a remake or a new film? 

William H. Bonney

Hold the dark. 6/10

Jeremy saulnier (blue ruin, green room) directs this moody film noir. 

A man comes to a small Alaskan town to help track wolves that have taken a small child. 

All is not as it seems though and he finds himself embroiled in a different mystery. 

It's very violent, beautifully shot and superbly acted, but it is slow. 

4 minutes ago, MadJock said:

Its a new film, its more similar to the 2nd film but has a diifrent plot

Ta, I love the first two. 

rudi must stay

Tomb Raider

Quite a slick film. Excellent intriguing story throughout I thought, Alicia Vikander does the action stuff and plays Lara very well, I hope there's more, far better than the other films that were messes

7/10

Solo

7/10

Prefer Star Wars films without going full steam with the daft Jedi magic stuff, so I enjoyed this more than The Last Jedi. Not quite as good as Rogue One though.

Ron Burgundy
On ‎30‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 08:24, Dino Velvet said:

Hold the dark. 6/10

Jeremy saulnier (blue ruin, green room) directs this moody film noir. 

A man comes to a small Alaskan town to help track wolves that have taken a small child. 

All is not as it seems though and he finds himself embroiled in a different mystery. 

It's very violent, beautifully shot and superbly acted, but it is slow. 

Watched it last night.

Good film and the scenery is magnificent, thought I'd like it as I loved Blue Ruin. Not seen Green Room, any good?

William H. Bonney
2 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Watched it last night.

Good film and the scenery is magnificent, thought I'd like it as I loved Blue Ruin. Not seen Green Room, any good?

Green room is great. Patrick Stewart is superb in it. 

The Shape of Water.

I saw only the last 30-40 minutes so I won't give it a rating, but not my cup of tea.

All the Money in the World. 

8/10.

A really good watch, Mark Wahlberg is as close to a passable actor as he's been in anything, Michelle Williams is fantastic in it. 

Ron Burgundy
12 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

All the Money in the World. 

8/10.

A really good watch, Mark Wahlberg is as close to a passable actor as he's been in anything, Michelle Williams is fantastic in it. 

Watched it on Friday night. Hard to believe how greedy and power hungry Getty Snr was.

7 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Watched it on Friday night. Hard to believe how greedy and power hungry Getty Snr was.

Totally mental?

JudyJudyJudy
On 22/09/2018 at 20:04, Tazio said:

Marissa Tomei WOOF! Fantastic performance and hot. I could watch the bit where he falls on his arse in the field on repeat. A great underrated film. 

Yes thats one of the great comic performances of all time.  In fact she won an Oscar for it against the likes of Joan Plowright and Vanessa Redgrave which was fairly astonishing. Even to this day there is rumours that Jack Palance read out the wrong name when he opened the envelope...( he didnt ).  Just a urban myth as comedy performances rarely win awards. 

JudyJudyJudy

" A star is born" was very good. Terrific performanes from Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper. 

William H. Bonney

Cardboard gangsters.  6/10

Watched this on Netflix. Four young men from Ireland look to take over the local heroin trade. 

Decent performances if a little cliched at times. 

Still worth a watch though. The lead actor/writer was impressive. 

Black Kklansman 7/10

It is good. The acting is very good with some really good performances by the lead actors. 

True story of the infiltration of the KKK by police. Black policeman builds up a good relationship on the phone. Then white colleague joins. It is political with some strong real footage and atrocities mentioned. Still a good film. 

John Findlay

Watched Bridget Jone's baby this afternoon on Netflix . Not as good as the first two but, did have its funny moments  6/10. 

Not been feeling well so went for a couple of oldies 

The warriors - can see why it is a cult classic but shows how much improvement there is nowadays in character development. All the main players are so one dimensional and I live jow they pitch up at the same train station where e one of their mates has gone under a train and its like nothing has happened. 

Unforgiven - Clint Eastwood at his best, great cast, though Richard Harris was wasted 

Carl Fredrickson

Hotel Transylvania 3

I fell asleep (damn those recliners at the Vue), my daughter fell asleep, my son loved it. 

3/10 for the movie

9/10 for the sleep 

rudi must stay

22 July

Paul Greengrass is the best at these sort of films, he makes them absolutely right IMO. And the two young guys in the central roles are terrific finds, as is everyone that appears in this film

10/10

Fort Apache the Bronx...Early 80's movie with Paul Newman,Pam Grier and Ed Asner.

Last watched over 35 years ago.

Stood the test of time in my opinion.

Edited by benny

rudi must stay

Four Weddings and a Funeral

Thought it was a load of rubbish, hasn't aged well at all and I decided to give up on it. The woman in it is absolutely awful

5/10

Carl Fredrickson

22 July - cant add anything to what has already been said. 9/10

The Girl on a train - decent but felt as if I had seen other films of similar ilk. 7/10

On 04/10/2018 at 20:03, Maple Leaf said:

The Shape of Water.

I saw only the last 30-40 minutes so I won't give it a rating, but not my cup of tea.

I watched it flying to Canada funny enough in May. I was greeting on the plane. Thought it was one of the most beautiful films I’ve ever seen 

1 hour ago, Jamhammer said:

I watched it flying to Canada funny enough in May. I was greeting on the plane. Thought it was one of the most beautiful films I’ve ever seen 

It won four Oscars including Best Picture, so your tastes are clearly superior to mine.  

Maybe if I had watched it from the start.

35 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

It won four Oscars including Best Picture, so your tastes are clearly superior to mine.  

Maybe if I had watched it from the start.

Oh I dunno. Wolf of Wall Street won oscars and I thought it was utter pony

Watched The Foreigner on Netflix a couple of nights ago. Really enjoyed it. Based on a Stephen Leather novel (The Chinaman), about a Chinese man whose daughter us killed in a bombing. Won't say any more. Well worth a watch. 

6 minutes ago, dougal said:

Watched The Foreigner on Netflix a couple of nights ago. Really enjoyed it. Based on a Stephen Leather novel (The Chinaman), about a Chinese man whose daughter us killed in a bombing. Won't say any more. Well worth a watch. 

Watched it last night, a good 8/10.

18 hours ago, dougal said:

I watched it last night based on your comment.  Good entertainment.

rudi must stay

First Man

For me this is a strong film. Gosling is quite terrific as Neil Armstrong, as is Claire Foy as his wife. There are some strong scenes visually too, Chazelle has a real eye for a film and that spreads through the whole thing. Recommend it

8/10

17 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

I watched it last night based on your comment.  Good entertainment.

?

Carl Fredrickson
19 hours ago, Dino Velvet said:

Apostle 9/10. 

Superb. Dan Stevens travels to a remote island to rescue his kidnapped sister from a commune. 

Came on to say I had watched this on Saturday, I wasnt impressed. Hoped for better but didnt watch it to the end.