The Official JKB What Was The Last Film You Watched...

Guest GhostHunter

rudi must stay
6 hours ago, Marvin said:

The Kings Speech. This film is as good as Jigsaw is poor.  Colin Firth was excellent. 10/10.

Ye, one of the best films of the 00's IMO. Something in it for everyone

2 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Ye, one of the best films of the 00's IMO. Something in it for everyone

Timothy Spall makes for a very good Winston Churchill.

rudi must stay
44 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Timothy Spall makes for a very good Winston Churchill.

His performance wasn't for everyone. But ye I liked his performance

On 30/08/2018 at 20:47, Dino Velvet said:

Calibre 8/10

Scottish film about 2 friends hunting deer when one accidentally shoots a boy. They bury the body and cover their tracks hoping the less than friendly locals don't find out. 

I thought it was guff, who ever did their research into stalking and rifles wants sacking?

*edit* 

Being a bit of an anorak there but that sort of thing really boils my piss?

Edited by Dawnrazor

rudi must stay

Journeys End

Have a lot of time for this film and these sorts of films in general. It is done in a very low-key way, instead of easy things like action and tons of CGI it focuses on really developing the characters. All the top British names are there (Toby Stephens, Stephen Graham and Paul Bettany) and Sam Clafin, who is quite extraordinary in this film. It is also visually excellent

8/10

Edited by rudi must stay

rudi must stay

Night Moves

Hard to put this movie into any category. Its a very inventive and excellently acted film, everyone strolls it. Eisenberg is brilliant, he has had some great performances but this is the best I've seen from him

9/10

The Spy Who Dumped Me

Used as a bargaining tool to appease the girlfriend. It was okay. As good as you could expect.

6/10

rudi must stay

Inside Out

Another great film from Pixar. So well thought through and absolutely hilarious, so many great moments

10/10

Edited by rudi must stay

Shanks said no

While since I saw something worthy of posting

The Little Hours

7/10

A surprising adult US rom com concerning evil nuns

The Bank Job (2008) 8/10

Jason Stratham plays his usual role in a comedic story set around a true event in the early 70's.

Written by Clement & Le Frenais

I was convinced after it started, it was Guy Ritchie, lock Stock/snatch. Very similar and enjoyable.

On 6 September 2018 at 21:07, Carl Fredrickson said:

I mentioned Only The Brave a couple of weeks ago - it is now on Netflix.

Caught this last night and with not giving too much away, it's a great feel gd movie that would bring a tear to a glass eye. 

9/10

rudi must stay

The Town

Strong film, felt it lost its way after a great start though. Brought in too many characters and it lost something. Still, I liked alot of the film

7/10

19 hours ago, Judge Fudge said:

Caught this last night and with not giving too much away, it's a great feel gd movie that would bring a tear to a glass eye. 

9/10

I'm not sure I'd describe it as a feel-good movie. :lol:

...a bit disco

Skyscraper

The Rock running around, being heroic while his family is close to being barbecued in a burny building.

Meh.

5/10

2 hours ago, tokyowalnut said:

The Predator

3/10 

3 marks for a couple of funny moments, but it was absolute drivel.

Maybe 2/10.

Is it that bad. 

Been looking forward to this film for ages. 

Off to see it Saturday night 

2 hours ago, Madjambo21 said:

Is it that bad. 

Been looking forward to this film for ages. 

Off to see it Saturday night 

Stick a review up. I was quite gutted, I was really looking forward to it. Had the feel of a black comedy with 90's CGI. It was entertaining, but I went in with certain expectations hence the low score. 

My cookie was a solid 6/10.

I've just watched The Legend Of Tarzan. 

Further proof that Samuel L Jackson has joined Morgan Freeman in the anything for a pay cheque stage of his career. 

Edited by Tazio

10 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Further proof that Samuel L Jackson has joined Morgan Freeman in the anything for a pay cheque stage of his career. 

He was never the most discerning to start with, it always seemed to me he would appear in any old crap that paid enough. 

As Ted Clubberlang said, "Ever see any movie ever? He was the black guy"

Watched My Friend Dahmer. 

Told the story of the last few months before his first murder. Was ok, but defo something missing...oh yes, the killings!

rudi must stay
20 hours ago, Tazio said:

Him and Gary Oldman are both there. He's even in Gerard Butler's new film

rudi must stay

Entebbe

Some artistic ideas I didn't care for and did seem way out of place. But that aside I think it is a very interesting film, really keeps your interest the way it's made and put together like a thriller should.

9/10

Dagger Is Back

A Quiet Place - 7/10

Not quite sure what to make of it. Great idea to impregnate the Mrs whilst a bunch of noise attracted aliens skulk around the neighbourhood. Entertaining enough but hated the ending

On 13/09/2018 at 22:44, tokyowalnut said:

Stick a review up. I was quite gutted, I was really looking forward to it. Had the feel of a black comedy with 90's CGI. It was entertaining, but I went in with certain expectations hence the low score. 

My cookie was a solid 6/10.

Defo not what I expected but the banter was good.

Bit of a silly Predator movie.

6/10 popcorn movie. 

32 minutes ago, Madjambo21 said:

Defo not what I expected but the banter was good.

Bit of a silly Predator movie.

6/10 popcorn movie. 

It's pretty funny! It was entertaining, just not what I was expecting. 

On 10/09/2018 at 15:24, rudi must stay said:

The Town

Strong film, felt it lost its way after a great start though. Brought in too many characters and it lost something. Still, I liked alot of the film

7/10

Was a great book, but they changed quite a bit in the film including the ending which annoyed me. 

Recorded spotlight the other night on BBC2. Sat down to watch it Sunday afternoon and was really enjoying it. Good cast and good acting by all. The bloody recording ended 5 minutes before the film did. Seething with a capital S.

8 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Recorded spotlight the other night on BBC2. Sat down to watch it Sunday afternoon and was really enjoying it. Good cast and good acting by all. The bloody recording ended 5 minutes before the film did. Seething with a capital S.

:leveinproblem:

Masterclass in trolling by Auntie Beeb.

9 hours ago, John Findlay said:

People still record stuff on BBC? iPlayer is the way. 

Only the brave

8/10. Enjoyed it. True story movie about wild fire fighters in USA. 

Prison Break 2

1/10

Sly Stallone. Utter shit. 

On 12/09/2018 at 13:04, Madjambo21 said:

Unfriended.

Don't bother, poor horror

I thought it was ok. I liked the idea behind it. A different take on social media based film. 

Edited by Marvin

rudi must stay
2 hours ago, Marvin said:

I thought it was ok. I liked the idea behind it. A different take on social media based film. 

You may like the film The Circle. I'm not if it's there anymore but it was on Netflix

1 hour ago, Angus Ogg said:

My Cousin Vinny

First time I’ve seen this film in nearly 20 years, I think it’s hilarious if you haven’t seen it give it a try

two what? what was that word

23 hours ago, Angus Ogg said:

My Cousin Vinny

First time I’ve seen this film in nearly 20 years, I think it’s hilarious if you haven’t seen it give it a try

Marissa Tomei WOOF! Fantastic performance and hot. I could watch the bit where he falls on his arse in the field on repeat. A great underrated film. 

9 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Marissa Tomei WOOF! Fantastic performance and hot. I could watch the bit where he falls on his arse in the field on repeat. A great underrated film. 

she won the best supporting actress oscar for that performance

18 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

she won the best supporting actress oscar for that performance

Correct, and there has been that ridiculous rumour she got it by accident ever since. 

William H. Bonney

Climax  9/10

The latest offering from gasper noe is absolutely stunning. The opening dance sequence is mesmerising. 

Not everyone's cup of tea due to the themes portrayed, some of which are horrific, but it's impossible to avert your eyes from the screen. 

rudi must stay

Three Billboards outside Ebbing, Missouri

A fantastic film. Brilliantly made, I love the start and from there it keeps it going with a brilliant script. Parts of it reminded of The Guard, which I think is a brilliant film, McDonagh is a superb writer and he manages to link it altogether wonderfully.

9.5/10

Spoiler

The only bit I didnt like was the dwarfs role, for me that didn't work as well as the rest of the film