The Official JKB What Was The Last Film You Watched...

Guest GhostHunter

Dagger Is Back

Mission Impossible Fallout 

9/10

The usual mix of car chases, shoot ups etc. Long film at 147 minutes but it’s take your brain out stuff, sit back and enjoy the ride.

Kept me entertained and I have a tendency to fall asleep when I’m in those comfy chairs at the Odeon Wester Hailes

Carl Fredrickson

Monsters Inc. My 3 year old wanted to watch this and I havent watched it for a long time and forgot how funny it was. 

Two of us sitting giggling along. 7/10

rudi must stay

Extinction 

To me it felt a really flat and dull movie. There's some good things there and Pena is pretty good but it just felt really low budget and slow IMO

6/10

Edited by rudi must stay

jurassic world - fallen kingdom - 6/10 decent film that you dont need to think about. the story was a bit thin and very generic for this type of film

jack D and coke

Death Wish 7/10

Bruce Willis stars in this one and nothing to do with the old Charles Bronson movies. 

Bit daft and predictable but decent romp and some nice gory killings. 

rudi must stay

Avengers : Infinity War

Honestly can't believe the movies Marvel are making, they are like epics, this one felt like alot of different films. You hear they're brilliant and they are everytime. The look of this movie is great too

Spoiler

I love the ending too, no it isn't happy but it leaves it on a great cliffhanger. Thanos is one of the best villains I've seen in a movie

10/10

56 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Avengers : Infinity War

Honestly can't believe the movies Marvel are making, they are like epics, this one felt like alot of different films. You hear they're brilliant and they are everytime. The look of this movie is great too

Reveal hidden contents

I love the ending too, no it isn't happy but it leaves it on a great cliffhanger. Thanos is one of the best villains I've seen in a movie

10/10

Just watched it myself. Good film.

Nostalga night for me

Fallen (1998) - Denzel Washington, Donald Sutherland and a few other decent actors

Cracking movie, if you ever bored and fancy something thats a little diffrent, then this is one i recommend.

20 hours ago, MadJock said:

Nostalga night for me

Fallen (1998) - Denzel Washington, Donald Sutherland and a few other decent actors

Cracking movie, if you ever bored and fancy something thats a little diffrent, then this is one i recommend.

Tiiiiiime is on my side 

Yes it is 

rudi must stay

Like Father

Found it abit schmaltzy to be honest. Way too much people changing messages and not enough comedy or exciting moments. Although I did like the music and Kelsey Grammar is his usual classy self, gave it his all and he was alot better than Kristen Bell IMO but she's not bad in it either. I also liked Seth Rogen's character, different for him and he's superb in the short time he's there.

6/10

'A Prayer Before Dawn'

Based on the true story of drug addict boxer Billy Moore, locked up in a brutal Thai Prison.

Unflinching would be the best word...extremely gritty, and decent performances throughout.

rudi must stay
On 06/08/2018 at 20:55, MadJock said:

Nostalga night for me

Very interesting. On wiki it says it didn't get many positive reviews, but that's quite a cast. Will be watching this one, cheers :thumbsup:

On 7/16/2018 at 16:19, chester copperpot said:

Have had a bit of a Denzil day what with the Mrs working and having a bit of spare time

Remember the Titans. Loved it. Love sports movies in general but this was great 8/10

The Siege. Another fine performance from him in this aided by Annette Benning. 7/10

Fallen. Just couldn't get in to it at all. Didn't enjoy it at all 5/10

Watched Geostorm this morning as well as a starter. Woeful and last on screen movie I will watch with Butler as the main star. 3/10

if you are a fan of denzil and if you have sky movies from 18th aug they are putting on a denzil channel

chester copperpot
41 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

if you are a fan of denzil and if you have sky movies from 18th aug they are putting on a denzil channel

???

rudi must stay
7 hours ago, chester copperpot said:

???

Have you seen 2 Guns? Him and Mark Wahlberg. Not amazing but a decent action film IMO

Carl Fredrickson
16 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Have you seen 2 Guns? Him and Mark Wahlberg. Not amazing but a decent action film IMO

I love it - an easy watch with a bit of action and humour

rudi must stay

The Party

A black comedy which these days means a few laughs and a very serious film. I liked Bruno Ganz part but that aside a waste of such a cast I thought, although the acting is of a high standard

5/10

rudi must stay

The Polka King

Really recommend this one on Netflix. Jack Black as Polka singer Jan Lewan is one of the most inspired bits of casting I've ever seen. Zanny film and Jason Schwartzmann always seems at his best in these and Animal Kingdom actress Jacki Weaver is absolutely brilliant too

8/10

Edited by rudi must stay

On ‎11‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 16:20, milky_26 said:

They are also doing a Denzel channel on the same day.;)

Watched 'Eye in the Sky' again the other night. Gripping movie with fantastic performances from Rickman (sadly his last film) and Mirren.

9/10

Edited by Escobar PHM

On 04/08/2018 at 19:51, Dawnrazor said:

Now You See Me 2.

2/10.

Utter tripe. 

I didn’t think it was that bad tbh. No where near as good as the first one but decent all the same.

No Isla Fisher was a negative though :ruiner:

2 hours ago, iantjambo said:

No Isla Fisher was a negative though :ruiner:

Agreed?

The Incredibles 2.

8\10.

Much better than I thought it'd be, some follow ups are crap but this is a really good one. 

First Reformed - brilliant existential drama with Ethan Hawke playing a minister questioning his faith while he tries to help a young couple. 9/10

Forbidden Games: The Justin Fashanu Story - decent doc about Fash, who didn’t have his troubles to seek. I feel sorry for him, despite his (alleged) crime before his death. I still cannot stand his brother. 7/10

On 25/07/2018 at 22:33, rudi must stay said:

Mama Mia 2

Decent enough movie. Better than the first story wise probably. Some funny moments but some stuff I wasn't too keen on

6/10

Mama Mia 2???

You are dead to me...

rudi must stay
3 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Mama Mia 2???

You are dead to me...

Cinema has got so depressing it's a decent watch. And it's not getting happier anytime soon

Dagger Is Back
On ‎28‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 17:36, Carl Fredrickson said:

Only The Brave. Based on the true story of a bush fire fighting crew in the USA. I vaguely remember hearing about this on the news but the movie brings home the reality of the guys who fight wildfires on the ground. 

Best movie I have watched in a very long time 10/10

Watched it last night after reading your post. Very very good film

Carl Fredrickson

The Equaliser. Heard a review of the sequel on the radio and realised I hadnt seen the first one. A decent movie, lots of violence and DW plays the Edward Woodward role well. 7/10

Christopher Robin. Took the kids to see this yesterday and I was surprised at how much I enjoyed it. My youngest wasnt too impressed with it but my 8 year old son (surprisingly) loved it. Lots of funny bits with a few sad moments. Another solid 7/10

Upgrade was an ok film.

Set in the future and after a man's wife is killed and he is left paralysed he is offered some sort of A I chip that will help him walk again and helps him track down the killers

rudi must stay

Pacific Rim Uprising

Some good things, it is a good sequel to the first and carries on the story well. I felt it moved way too fast as a film though, you miss a minute and you're absolutely lost, there are moments it could have done with a bit of dialogue to explain and it would have improved the film a great deal. But much better than I expected

7/10

The Purge on Netflix. An insight to what may happen when any and all crime is allowed in a 12 hour period albeit once every year. 

It's ok 5/10.

Thanks to you lot, I have seen.

Jungle

Pirates Of Somalia

Denial

all great movies. This is where I come for recommendations.

Dagger Is Back

The Post 9/10

Really enjoyed this story about The Washington Post and The New York Times   and the race to expose cover ups by the US Government 

On 23/08/2018 at 12:37, Muppetboy said:

Hereditary, 8/10. Creepy film with some excellent performances especially by Toni Collette 

Just watched it.

Not sure if I liked it or not.

Agree with Toni Collette being brilliant and it was creepy in parts. 

luckyBatistuta

Watched Project X again, the 2012 movie. The Matthew Broderick one (need tissues for that ?) is a great movie too. Would give the 1987 version 8/10

Project X (2012)…9/10 brilliant movie

12313DCB-4990-495D-805C-820E49F12DFE.png

7E4EB6B2-4785-4F72-B775-EE94F154691B.jpeg

I Will Be Murdered - fascinating documentary about a Guatemalan lawyer foretelling his murder and naming the culprits. 8/10

Incredibles 2 - not as good as the first one but still great fun. 8/10

BlacKkKlansman - I’m a big fan of a lot of Spike Lee’s films but this was poor. The story should be interesting but he tries way too hard to make comparisons to the present day: KKK/alt right, David Duke/Trump, Black Panthers/BLM etc and forgets about the story, characters, acting etc. Zero tension and the KKK are right out of Blazing Saddles. Will probably win loads of awards because racism etc but it’s a poor film. Do The Right Thing has much more to say about race in America and is a much, much better film.  4/10

maroondevo52
10 hours ago, Zico said:

BlacKkKlansman - I’m a big fan of a lot of Spike Lee’s films but this was poor. The story should be interesting but he tries way too hard to make comparisons to the present day: KKK/alt right, David Duke/Trump, Black Panthers/BLM etc and forgets about the story, characters, acting etc. Zero tension and the KKK are right out of Blazing Saddles. Will probably win loads of awards because racism etc but it’s a poor film. Do The Right Thing has much more to say about race in America and is a much, much better film.  4/10

I nodded off watching BlacKkKlansman, agree with everything you've said about it, seemed to stay at the same level all the way through the movie no up's or down's really.

William H. Bonney

Calibre 8/10

Scottish film about 2 friends hunting deer when one accidentally shoots a boy. They bury the body and cover their tracks hoping the less than friendly locals don't find out.