The Official JKB What Was The Last Film You Watched...

Guest GhostHunter

Jambojohnnyboy

The Hitcher - 6/10 - It's ok, Sean Bean is under used as John Ryder. But the remake is unnecessary when the original version still stands up today.

Jambojohnnyboy

The Beyond - 6/10 - Strange horror film that feels as though there are chunks missing, special effects might have improved since the early 80's but you can see why it was once banned.

The next three days.

9/10 not my kind of film but that didn't stop it from being great. Beautifully written and directed. There's always something happening. :thumbsup:

Edited by wright1989

Shutter Island

Wife hated it and stopped watching. I really enjoyed it and have been working stuff out ever since.

Solid 7/10 for me thumbsup.gif

rudi must stay

The Social Network

Brilliant. Was worried it would be slow, as the writer apparently wrote the West Wing which I found incredibly dull. Not the case though..

9/10

Exhibit A - quite possibly on of the most disturbing and frightening films I've seen. It's filmed from a camcorder, but that's the only way it could've been done - and when you watch it, you realise it could very well be a true story happening next door to you. I was drained after watching it.

8/10

I em 'purchased' it last night. :thumbsup: Going to watch it later on.

Guest GhostHunter

Stranded (French) - had potential, let down by effects - 5/10

Exorcismus - still waiting on a decent Exorcist flick - decent performances though...Trivia - the lead in this played the little girl, the daughter of the wheelchair bound scientist in Resident Evil 2... 6/10

Paul 5/10

Really thought it would be much better.There is a few chuckles in it but not nearly enough.The alien is cool in it though.

Is there ice-cream in it?

Jambojohnnyboy

Just saw Despicable Me with the kids today and it was really entertaining. This along with How To Train Your Dragon show there are films out there that the whole family can enjoy. 7/10

At the other end of the scale last night I saw the low budget and extremely silly One-Eyed Monster where Ron Jeremy gets detached from his 'fame' and it goes on a killing spree. Wrong on so many levels. 4/10

Revolutionary Road

Well, it was pretty slow for the first hour, then began to move along at a better pace. Still pretty turgid though, despite the excellent performance from Kate. I'll give it a generous 6/10, although Mrs Dunks thought it was great unsure.gif

Say What Again

Clash of the Titans (new) 6/10

Not too bad a film if you take it for what it is. Bleating about it 'not being as good as the original' is pointless. They're eras apart in cinema and you were probably 10 when you watched the original. :lol:

Little Fockers 4/10

Her choice. Granted I laughed a couple of times, but they need to stop these now.

300 - 8/10

Have seen it many times vefore, but it's a great boys movie. One of my recent favourites.

EDIT: Have *cough* bought *cough* The Troll Hunter, based on this thread.

Edited by Jack of Hearts

Clash of the Titans (new) 6/10

Not too bad a film if you take it for what it is. Bleating about it 'not being as good as the original' is pointless. They're eras apart in cinema and you were probably 10 when you watched the original. :lol:

Little Fockers 4/10

Her choice. Granted I laughed a couple of times, but they need to stop these now.

300 - 8/10

Have seen it many times vefore, but it's a great boys movie. One of my recent favourites.

EDIT: Have *cough* bought *cough* The Troll Hunter, based on this thread.

couldn't agree more with all of these.. watched clash of the titans last night and thought it was pretty decent but not much more.

300 is excellent.. seen it loads of times and never get bored of watching it

(thanks to ur goodself)

little fockers... ok at best.

NEDS

Thought this was pretty good. A dark and rather bleak film about a bright lad who screws up his life after falling in with the wrong crowd due to his family background and social issues.

7/10

The Day the Earth Stood Still 6/10

Alright but not a patch on the original but to be fair you couldn't make a true remake in the present day due to the advance in technology.

Not too bad a time waster though

My last few from LoveFilm;

The Social Network - 7/10

Shooter - 5/10

Valkyrie - 6/10

No Country for Old Men - 8/10

Changeling - 8/10

Tropic Thunder - 2/10

Rocknrolla - 7/10

Crouching Tiger,Hidden Dragon 8/10

Got The Mechanic,Green Hornet,The Tourist,Faster,Daylight Robbery and Burke & Hare to watch over the next few days.

Edited by vegas-voss

Commander Harris

Demolition Man

7/10

Be Well! :thumbsup:

quality film, and about 56% fulfilled so far!

just need the constitution amended for Arnie now :)

Amanda Knox: Murder on trial in Italy - 4/10

The four points are for a reasonable performance from Pannettiere and some really lovely background shots in beautiful Perugia. Otherwise I wouldn't bother, it's like the film version of reading the Daily Record's version of events.

Love and Other Drugs - 8/10

I liked this film. Gyllenhaal and Hathaway are a convincing couple, the script is interesting and the story is believable. It also gave me a warm and fuzzy feeling. :)

Guest GhostHunter

Hereafter - WTF. Eastwood must have been on acid when he was making this. Disjointed garbage for the first 70mins, then a rushed "get them all together" for the last part. 4/10

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

True Grit - 7/10 - really enjoyed it and loved the dialogue. The wee girl was excellent.

The Fighter - 7/10 - Nothing out of the ordinary really, your typical boxing film. Bale was unreal as the brother.

Shutter Island - 8/10 - I would pump Leo Di Caprio.

Restrepo - a doco about a US Platoon in Afghanistan. Well worth a watch as its very interesting. You can have all the equipment and training in the world, but when you are fighting in someone else's terrain, a lot of it goes out the window. From watching it, the feeling that some of the soldiers will struggle to adapt to "normal" society when their tour is over came through.

Edited by Gigalo-Aunt

Amanda Knox: Murder on trial in Italy - 4/10

The four points are for a reasonable performance from Pannettiere and some really lovely background shots in beautiful Perugia. Otherwise I wouldn't bother, it's like the film version of reading the Daily Record's version of events.

Love and Other Drugs - 8/10

I liked this film. Gyllenhaal and Hathaway are a convincing couple, the script is interesting and the story is believable. It also gave me a warm and fuzzy feeling. :)

:stantoned::thumbsup:

Does Hathaway get her baps out as she seems to do with pleasing regularity?

Last 2 watched:

At cinema: Dave. Doesn't have the knowing smarts of the Edgar Wright directed films, but Seth Rogen as Paul adds a nice bit of banter to the Pegg/Frost double-act. As a geek remake of E.T. it works fairly well, and as always for a Pegg/Wright vehicle it has plenty of in-jokes and movie references to keep the fans happy - and I love anything with the brilliant Bill Hader in it. 7/10

On bluray: The Disappearance of Alice Creed. Nice taut British thriller in which two apparently very professional crooks kidnap Gemma Arterton's Creed with a view to blackmailing her rich Father. The crooks are careful only to take in newly bought clothing and accessories to do the job - yet the baggage all 3 bring in personally sees a psychological and physical battle of wits ensue. Perhaps the script over-stretches itself towards the end, but writer/director J Blakeson skillfully preserves the tone of the movie to the end. Also, Miss Arterton reveals both her capablities as a very promising young actress AND lots of flesh. 8/10

Sterling Archer

:stantoned::thumbsup:

Does Hathaway get her baps out as she seems to do with pleasing regularity?

Oh yes!