The Official JKB What Was The Last Film You Watched...

Guest GhostHunter

On 26/07/2022 at 10:29, luckyBatistuta said:

Ambulance

Really like Jake Gyllenhaal as an actor, so was looking forward to this and wasn’t disappointed. Watched it with the family and everyone really enjoyed it

8/10

quality film

John Findlay

Watched the Dig the other night on Netflix, its what I term a gentle film, but I personally thought all the acting was superb. From the maincast to the supporting cast. 

9/10.

Mr Gray (netflix)

6/10

Run of the mill, secret agent gone rogue action thriller, with Ryan Gosling. 

Edited by Ray Gin

11 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

Mr Gray (netflix)

6/10

I don't know where I got Mr Gray from  it's called The Gray Man. :lol:

10 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

I don't know where I got Mr Gray from  it's called The Gray Man. :lol:

Watching to much 50 shades

thor love and thunder 5/10 most of those points are for the soundtrack and christian bale who was the only one not to ham it up and overact

Weakened Offender
On 29/07/2022 at 23:39, Ray Gin said:

Mr Gray (netflix)

6/10

Watched that tonight. Fairly enjoyable romp. 

Weakened Offender
3 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Enjoyed it too.

Amanda de Armas always a pleasant addition to any cast.

She is tidy AF. 

John Findlay
15 hours ago, mcdougg said:

Along came a spider. 7/10

A bit classic Morgan Freeman

Good film, he plays Alex Cross in it, I think he did two of these films. Both good films.

29 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Good film, he plays Alex Cross in it, I think he did two of these films. Both good films.

Kiss the girls was the other one

7 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Yeah, kiss the girls is the other. Also an excellent series of crime novels 👏🏻

Carl Fredrickson

Bullet Train

Latest Brad Pitt film. Ridiculous but very enjoyable. Something about the way it was produced made me think of Lock Stock & 2SBs. Load of quirky and gruesome deaths and a few funny bits. 8/10

Disser Pointon
15 hours ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

Bullet Train

Latest Brad Pitt film. Ridiculous but very enjoyable. Something about the way it was produced made me think of Lock Stock & 2SBs. Load of quirky and gruesome deaths and a few funny bits. 8/10

On my radar to watch.

On 31/07/2022 at 18:11, jonesy said:

Enjoyed it too.

Amanda de Armas always a pleasant addition to any cast.

Those Latinas ... you gotta love 'em.

Watched the new Predator movie, Prey. Thought it was really good, much better than expected from the trailers. Think it might only be on Disney+ (?).

Prey 8/10

Enjoyed it definitely one of the better Predator movies.I liked how it was just stripped right back to a simply hunt

Prey 0/10 absolute pish. Especially the French speaking french and the Comanche speaking English. :rofl: If they spoke in their own tongue, with subtitles, it would have been a far better film. 

"If it bleeds we can kill it" Where have I heard that before.

luckyBatistuta
On 06/08/2022 at 00:15, neilnunb said:

Watched the new Predator movie, Prey. Thought it was really good, much better than expected from the trailers. Think it might only be on Disney+ (?).

On 07/08/2022 at 11:13, vegas-voss said:

Prey 8/10

Enjoyed it definitely one of the better Predator movies.I liked how it was just stripped right back to a simply hunt

On 08/08/2022 at 08:37, ri Alban said:

Prey 0/10 absolute pish. Especially the French speaking french and the Comanche speaking English. :rofl: If they spoke in their own tongue, with subtitles, it would have been a far better film. 

23 hours ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

Prey - quite enjoyed it if a bit cheesy and predictable at times 7/10

Two 8’s, a 7 and a 0...wtf🤣🤣🤣

About to watch this, no idea what to expect now.

I will agree subtitles would have been better but they are selling it to the masses

luckyBatistuta
On 06/08/2022 at 00:15, neilnunb said:

Prey 8/10

On 08/08/2022 at 20:50, Carl Fredrickson said:

Prey - quite enjoyed it if a bit cheesy and predictable at times 7/10

Just finished it. My wife thought the acting was awful, as did i. It all seemed a bit slow and lacking any real drama. When it ended, my lad said “is that it, that was rubbish” 🤣

Pretty much sums it up

4/10 from the Batistutas

Telford_jambo123
3 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Two 8’s, a 7 and a 0...wtf🤣🤣🤣

About to watch this, no idea what to expect now.

It is really good mate. 8 out of 10 is a fair score. Much better then the last predator film in 2018

luckyBatistuta
1 minute ago, Telford_jambo123 said:

It is really good mate. 8 out of 10 is a fair score. Much better then the last predator film in 2018

Just finished it, thoughts above ⬆️

The predators are shitebags for turning invisible when shit gets tricky. At least the one in this didn’t do it as often. 

Edited by Tazio

10 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

I will agree subtitles would have been better but they are selling it to the masses

I've now found out , there's a Comanche dubbed version, so I might give it a go. Don't know why, but the Mel Gibson films Passion of the Christ and Apocalyptico wouldn't be the same, in plain English. Just an observation. The might be better :D

Dunkirk. I know it's been out for a long time but I've just got around to watching it. Very well made and almost like a fly on the wall documentary in parts. Helps a lot if you have a good audio set up at home though. 

18 hours ago, Cade said:

Prey.

Far from shite.

Far from great.

6/10.

Thinking about it afterwards it felt like a single episode from a big budget TV series made for streaming. 

Thirteen lives. Based on the Thai football team who got trapped in a cave. Thoroughly enjoyed it and so fascinating and suspenseful with Colin Farrell and viggo mortensen 

Just now, Muppetboy said:

Thirteen lives. Based on the Thai football team who got trapped in a cave. Thoroughly enjoyed it and so fascinating and suspenseful with Colin Farrell and viggo mortensen 

9/10

On 11/08/2022 at 12:40, ri Alban said:

Looking forward to watching Day shift tomorrow. Jamie Foxx as a vampire hunter. Looks good.

Enjoyed it.

Phantom of the open.7/10.

Knew of him but never knew that he tried to qualify a few times in different guises.

Got better after a slow start.

Amateur golfer Maurice Flitcroft achieves his late-in-life goal of participating in the British Open Golf Championship, much to the ire of the staid golfing community.

Prey, turned it off after 40 mins, my own fault for thinking anything could come close to the original. B movie feel about it

Elvis really good movie and the boy playing him is absolute class.Tom Hanks is dreadful though only bad thing in the movie really. 9/10

Disser Pointon
On 12/08/2022 at 20:11, benny said:

Phantom of the open.7/10.

Knew of him but never knew that he tried to qualify a few times in different guises.

Got better after a slow start.

Amateur golfer Maurice Flitcroft achieves his late-in-life goal of participating in the British Open Golf Championship, much to the ire of the staid golfing community.

Was a stress free watch, laughed out loud with his dressing up, especially at the end when the two R&A guys just let him get on with it. Even more bizarre with the two disco dancing sons! 🤣🤣🤣

Carl Fredrickson

Nope

The first couple of trailers I saw I thought this was a comedy but then the last one I saw was a bit darker. 

Not sure what to make of this film. I liked the story but some of the acting wasnt great at all. A couple of scenes werent great and special effects werent the best.

However, I did enjoy it and may need to view it again to see if I have been too critical of it. 6/10

JudyJudyJudy

" Theatre of Blood"  1972 

I watched this on council telly last night.  Its an old classic horror with Vincent Price camping it up as a serial murderer of critics who ravaged his acting performances on stage. He murders them one by one , its very grisly for its time but also very funny too and for a film fan like me it has a great British cast of everyone and anyone .

Arthur Lowe

Joan Hickson

Diana Dors

Denis Price

Milo Oshea 

Jack Hawkins

Harry Andrews

Ian Hendry

Robert Morley 

and Diana Rigg.  Price serving more ham than the local butchers. Hes superb. Very underrated actor. 

William H. Bonney
1 hour ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

" Theatre of Blood"  1972 

I watched this on council telly last night.  Its an old classic horror with Vincent Price camping it up as a serial murderer of critics who ravaged his acting performances on stage. He murders them one by one , its very grisly for its time but also very funny too and for a film fan like me it has a great British cast of everyone and anyone .

Arthur Lowe

Joan Hickson

Diana Dors

Denis Price

Milo Oshea 

Jack Hawkins

Harry Andrews

Ian Hendry

Robert Morley 

and Diana Rigg.  Price serving more ham than the local butchers. Hes superb. Very underrated actor. 

Although different years but vincent price and Christopher Lee were born on the 27th May. 

Peter cushing was born on 26th May.

Quite a cool fact. 

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, William H. Bonney said:

Although different years but vincent price and Christopher Lee were born on the 27th May. 

Quite a cool fact. 

it is that 

Bank Robbers: The Last Great Heist (Netflix)

Documentary about an ingenious bank robbery in Argentina in 2006, as described and re-enacted by the robbers themselves along with the hostages and police.
Subtitled

7.5/10

Edited by Ray Gin

Carl Fredrickson
1 hour ago, William H. Bonney said:

Quite a cool fact. 

I was born on 25th May

Hustle, 8/10

adam sandler is excellent as a basketball scout who discovers the next big thing whilst in Spain.

basketball lovers will love this

Day Shift.

2 / 10.

Pish, not scary, not funny, terrible acting, shit action, shit car chases and NO boobage.

The good dinosaur.8/10

Think this was the first flop from Pixar but I loved watching it with my 3 year old grandson.

The adventures of Arlo and Spot trying to find their way home and reunite Arlo with his family.

Prey 8/10

I watched this last night really enjoyed it.

The bear scene was excellent.

8/10