The Official JKB What Was The Last Film You Watched...

Guest GhostHunter

1 hour ago, neilnunb said:

A Quiet Place 2

Really liking this franchise so far.

Yeah I've enjoyed them both too.

Sci-fi/horror/character driven thriller is a good combo and the cast are great.

the son though:levein2:

On 09/01/2022 at 16:04, rudi must stay said:

Encanto

Saw 10 minutes of this. That was enough for me. No score 

My 9yr old daughter says 8/10. 

Carl Fredrickson
31 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

My 9yr old daughter says 8/10. 

My 6 year old daughter loves it. Idont think we adults are the target audience...

Watched Rush Hour with my 11 year old son tonight. He went to bed a very happy boy as he thought it was awesome0

8 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

My 6 year old daughter loves it. Idont think we adults are the target audience...

Watched Rush Hour with my 11 year old son tonight. He went to bed a very happy boy as he thought it was awesome0

He has good taste. When I was 11 year old, I rented Rush Hour from blockbuster every other week. :lol:

Carl Fredrickson
3 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

He has good taste. When I was 11 year old, I rented Rush Hour from blockbuster every other week. :lol:

When it came out I saw a midnight showing of it at multiplex at Dundee (dont ask). Havent seen it in years and struggling for films to watch with him but good old Netflx won me brownie points tonight. 

I recently told my son about the Friday night Blockbusters experience. Going in on the way home from work expecting the latest "blockbuster" release but ending up with some second or third rate film that you wouldnt watch today on streaming services. 

15 hours ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

When it came out I saw a midnight showing of it at multiplex at Dundee (dont ask). Havent seen it in years and struggling for films to watch with him but good old Netflx won me brownie points tonight. 

I recently told my son about the Friday night Blockbusters experience. Going in on the way home from work expecting the latest "blockbuster" release but ending up with some second or third rate film that you wouldnt watch today on streaming services. 

Kids these days will never understand that we had to go to a shop to rent a disc or tape that went in a machine. :lol: 

20 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Kids these days will never understand that we had to go to a shop to rent a disc or tape that went in a machine. :lol: 

yep, you go to the video shop in hope that they had what you wanted in stock. if not you would be disappointed and have to make another selection

rudi must stay
19 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Have you shown him The Prestige 

Shanks said no

How I fell in love with a gangster

8/10

The life and times of Nikos (Nikodem Skotarczak), notorious Polish gangster.  Gave it a couple of extra points for being about a Eastern bloc bloke who bought a football club, Lechia Gdansk. Probably give it a 2nd viewing as there were quite a few WTF moments but recommend if you are into gangster films.

Netflix

Pig

Nicolas Cage. Hyped by the media so thought I pull catch it on Sky Premier tonight.

Wish I hadn’t.

Its rubbish.

Should be called Turkey and not Pig.

Fire_At_The_Disco
23 hours ago, Vlad Magic said:

Pig

Nicolas Cage. Hyped by the media so thought I pull catch it on Sky Premier tonight.

Wish I hadn’t.

Its rubbish.

Ooooft I agree 100% total shite and he’s an absolutely bang average actor. 

The Father - Amazon Prime

Anthony Hopkins plays a father with dementia. Also starts Olivia Coleman as his daughter. A very hard film to watch especially if you have been affected by this.

im sure it won Oscar’s and little wonder. Outstanding performances.  9/10

luckyBatistuta
On 17/01/2022 at 20:57, Fire_At_The_Disco said:

Ooooft I agree 100% total shite and he’s an absolutely bang average actor. 

I wouldn’t even rate him as high as bang average

17 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

The Father - Amazon Prime

Anthony Hopkins plays a father with dementia. Also starts Olivia Coleman as his daughter. A very hard film to watch especially if you have been affected by this.

im sure it won Oscar’s and little wonder. Outstanding performances.  9/10

Yes he deservedly won Best Actor. Outstanding film and his performance was excellent. Very moving. 

The White Cockade

Just watched the old John Mills Great Expectations again

Superb film

So many great character actors in those days

Munich - The Edge of War (Netflix) Excellent film about Neville Chamberlain (Jeremy Irons) and The Munich Agreement where European leaders met in 1939 to discuss German advances into Czechoslovakian territory. The agreement led to the delay of WW2 starting. 8/10

On 16/01/2022 at 21:31, Vlad Magic said:

Pig

Wish I hadn’t.

Its rubbish.

Absolute pish eh lol

On 22/01/2022 at 07:33, Lord BJ said:

Nobody. Pleasantly surprised. Enjoyable passing of 90min.

Literally just watched it. Not too bad. A little like Taken.

In The Name of the Father.

Absolutely brilliant. DDL just doesn’t pick bad films or put on a performance anything other than amazing. He’s managed this through out his career and this is an early indication he f his ability and film choice.

Supported by an equally brilliant Pete Postlethwaite it’s all about the Guildford 4.

Its an acting masterclass.

10/10

On 27/01/2022 at 22:22, Carl Fredrickson said:

Nightmare Alley

Loved this even if it was a bit predictable. 8/10

I really fancy this. I watched the original version from 1947  the other week there and really enjoyed it. I am aware this version is meant to be really good too. Ill give it a bash soon 

Carl Fredrickson
8 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I really fancy this. I watched the original version from 1947  the other week there and really enjoyed it. I am aware this version is meant to be really good too. Ill give it a bash soon 

I hope you enjoy it. I doubt it will win oscars but I would watch it again. 

I was unaware that this was a remake so might try and find the original.

Just now, Carl Fredrickson said:

I hope you enjoy it. I doubt it will win oscars but I would watch it again. 

I was unaware that this was a remake so might try and find the original.

Yes the original was with Tyrone Power who surprisingly was very good in it. 

Carl Fredrickson
1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes the original was with Tyrone Power who surprisingly was very good in it. 

Do you know if it is on a steaming service?

11 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

Do you know if it is on a steaming service?

I got it on my stick which linked to online sites 

Edited by JamesM48

Francis Albert

Seconding a couple of recent recommendations.

The Father. Not a huge fan of Hopkins but he is brilliant. The confusions and twists have you wondering about your own sanity.

Belfast. Some might find it a tad sentimental bit it is Branaghs tribute to his childhood home town. Told from a protestant families perspective and illustrates how that side of the religious divide were as much the victims of their own fanatics as those of the other side.oving and a great soundtrack.

the eternals 6.5/10. i see what they were trying and some of it was good. however i felt it would probably worked better as a tv series. it also reminded me so much of the cancelled netflix show jupiters legacy

Malinga the Swinga

Hitman's Wife Bodyguard. I enjoyed it so 9/10. Yes it is daft but sometimes you just want to relax and have a laugh.

Gold

2 blokes in a pick-up in what looks like the remote desert of the Oz outback, find a mahoosive nugget of gold.

One fecks off the get an excavator leaving the other one with some water and a minimal amount of food to guard their find.

Sounds shit but I found it extremely interesting and horrific at the end.

8/10

On 31/01/2022 at 19:55, milky_26 said:

the eternals 6.5/10. i see what they were trying and some of it was good. however i felt it would probably worked better as a tv series. it also reminded me so much of the cancelled netflix show jupiters legacy

This but 2/10. Utter cack

Carl Fredrickson

Beauty & The Beast (1991) at the Odeon yesterday. 

The Odeon will often have older films for a single screening, which I love as I missed a lot of films on the big screen. My kids and I have went to see older Star Wars films, Jaws, Muppets etc and the latest one is a film that I dont think I have ever watched all the way through, despite it being one of my daughters favourites. 

It was well worth going to see as my daughters face was glowing with joy. 8/10

Belfast -  enjoyed it but felt it ended rather quickly.

The Requin - Wow, just wow. Not a good wow. The special effects were a highlight. Not a good highlight. I stuck with it for longer than I should just to see how bad this could actually get. Avoid.

Both on IPTV.

Carl Fredrickson

Moonfall @ the Odeon. 

The latest disaster blockbuster. This one is so bad it is good. Terribly bad. Loads of storylines, awful lines, outrageous storyline, more plot holes than any film I can think of but I couldnt look away from the screen. 

It should be a 4 or a 5 out of 10 but for it being totally mental, I will give it a 7. 

William H. Bonney
2 hours ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

Moonfall @ the Odeon. 

The latest disaster blockbuster. This one is so bad it is good. Terribly bad. Loads of storylines, awful lines, outrageous storyline, more plot holes than any film I can think of but I couldnt look away from the screen. 

It should be a 4 or a 5 out of 10 but for it being totally mental, I will give it a 7. 

Have you watched mark kemodes review of it? It’s very funny. 

Carl Fredrickson
8 hours ago, William H. Bonney said:

Have you watched mark kemodes review of it? It’s very funny. 

No. Is it on BBC Iplayer? I used to listen to the Mayo/Kermode reviews when I wasnt working at home. If you can point me to it, I will give it a listen. 

21 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

No. Is it on BBC Iplayer? I used to listen to the Mayo/Kermode reviews when I wasnt working at home. If you can point me to it, I will give it a listen.