The Official JKB What Was The Last Film You Watched...

Guest GhostHunter

On 05/01/2022 at 13:10, sadj said:

Ghosbusters: Afterlife , different , nice tie ins , some funny throwbacks , not going to be everyone’s cup of Spectral Goo but i enjoyed it 6.5-7/10

Watched that tonight.

Great cast.

Spot-on visual and sound effects.

Comedy in the right amount.

Nice throwbacks and in-jokes.

A sensitively done sequel/reboot and a damned fine evening's entertainment.

9/10

Malinga the Swinga

Horrible Histories, The Romans. Recorded it over Christmas and watched it last night.

Most enjoyable, a few laugh out loud bits and featured loads of well known faces.

Maybe one for kids, but **** it, I'm 58 and a kid at heart.

8/10.

Malinga the Swinga
On 30/12/2021 at 15:00, luckyBatistuta said:

The Big Short

We also watched this, a great cast.

Some utter scumbags in this world, a good watch though

8/10

You'd have thought that perhaps, we would have learned lesson from what happened, but nope, shorting still taking place in markets. 

I worked for company that came under pressure from shorted, and they are so difficult to defend from. Leaked stories, false rumours and outright lies all weapons they will use.

It should have been outlawed, there is no beneficial reason for it industry wise, but such is the greed of the hedgers, they won't hesitate for a second to destroy an entire business, running hundreds if not thousands of people's lives, if it makes them even a slight profit.

People lose jobs, homes and families while nameless organisations deliberately try and sabotage businesses.

It's sickening.

luckyBatistuta
12 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

You'd have thought that perhaps, we would have learned lesson from what happened, but nope, shorting still taking place in markets. 

I worked for company that came under pressure from shorted, and they are so difficult to defend from. Leaked stories, false rumours and outright lies all weapons they will use.

It should have been outlawed, there is no beneficial reason for it industry wise, but such is the greed of the hedgers, they won't hesitate for a second to destroy an entire business, running hundreds if not thousands of people's lives, if it makes them even a slight profit.

People lose jobs, homes and families while nameless organisations deliberately try and sabotage businesses.

It's sickening.

It really is, but as long as humans walk this planet, there will be greed and misery.

On 24/12/2021 at 23:41, Tazio said:

Having my annual watch of El Camino Christmas on Netflix. Film about a bunch of people stuck in a siege in a diner on the lead up to Christmas. Excellent performance from Tim Allen in a very un-Tim Allen role. 
Underrated film for some reason. Oh, and it’s nothing to do with Breaking Bad. 

Finally watched it last night.

Enjoyed it, lol moments.

Good shout Tazio

19 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

It really is, but as long as humans walk this planet, there will be *greed and misery.

*Psychopaths.

luckyBatistuta

Sat down with the wife, kids and nephew, nobody agreeing with what we should watch. I put my foot down snd told them we are watching a comedy. I chose the new Bruce Campbell (Evil Dead) film called ‘Black Friday’... a comedy set in a department store where the Black Friday shoppers turn zombie like. Utter garbage, they all hated it, but I enjoyed it🤣 love a terrible stupid humour film.

Carl Fredrickson

Sat down to watch a film with the kids last night. Wasnt sure what to put on and stumbled across Marley & Me. 

I wish someone had warned me. 😭

I renewed my Disney+ for the Christmas and new year period of sitting on my arse and I’ve been very pleasantly surprised at how much stuff they’ve added now it has the Star channel on it. Good selection of films and TV series. 

Savage Vince
2 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Sat down with the wife, kids and nephew, nobody agreeing with what we should watch. I put my foot down snd told them we are watching a comedy. I chose the new Bruce Campbell (Evil Dead) film called ‘Black Friday’... a comedy set in a department store where the Black Friday shoppers turn zombie like. Utter garbage, they all hated it, but I enjoyed it🤣 love a terrible stupid humour film.

I remember years ago goung to see Napoleon Dynamite at the cinema with the family. They absolutely hated it. I was in bits throughout, I thought it was hilarious 😃

luckyBatistuta
26 minutes ago, Savage Vince said:

I remember years ago goung to see Napoleon Dynamite at the cinema with the family. They absolutely hated it. I was in bits throughout, I thought it was hilarious 😃

Just need to let yourself go and enjoy it for what it is 😁

3 hours ago, Savage Vince said:

Napoleon Dynamite is a work of genius.

On 05/01/2022 at 13:10, sadj said:

Ghosbusters: Afterlife , different , nice tie ins , some funny throwbacks , not going to be everyone’s cup of Spectral Goo but i enjoyed it 6.5-7/10

Really enjoyed it...9/10 for me.  Bypass the last Gohstbusters film and this is a brilliant sequel....got so emotional at the end and had some great ties to the first two films.

Unknown user
6 hours ago, Savage Vince said:

I wouldn't blame you if you had a second family on the go.

Savage Vince
47 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I wouldn't blame you if you had a second family on the go.

I have a second telly on the go. 😉

Mother/Android on Netflix, starring Chloe Grace Moritz as a college student who finds out she's pregnant just as an android uprising begins.

5/10 - gets an extra point for Moritz's acting, but it's far too slow and the story says nothing new. 

On 08/01/2022 at 17:28, Savage Vince said:

Totally quality👌…I think it takes a certain type of humour to enjoy. I loved every minute! John Heder is fantastic!

Vote Pedro!✌️

On 08/01/2022 at 20:59, The White Cockade said:

9/10 for me

Ok TWC, I’ll upgrade to 5/10 for some of the action stuff, expected though with the big budget , still guff 👎🏻

Spider-Man (No Way Home)

8/10 really enjoyed it.

Wish I hadn’t bothered waiting for the 2 post credits bits.

Disser Pointon

Ghostbusters Afterlife. Loved it, 8/10, like a cross between the Goonies and Ghostbusters, took me right back to my childhood. Paul Rudd is great in these roles as well and the cameos from the original cast was just enough.

14 hours ago, Muppetboy said:

The lost daughter. Pretentious crap 3/10

I cant see to take a liking to Olivia Coleman. I know she has won numerous awards etc and she is a fine actress but just something about her. I find her very dull on screen. I may miss this then despite it generally having good reviews. 

On 08/01/2022 at 17:28, Savage Vince said:

Agreed 

16 hours ago, Muppetboy said:

The lost daughter. Pretentious crap 3/10

Abandoned her bairns because she was randy then developed a doll fixation. One of the worst films I have ever seen. 0/10

Samuel Camazzola
2 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

What film is this? I have no idea but from that 5 second clip I reckon it's my cup of tea.

tenor.gif

Silver Linings Playbook (Netflix)

6/10

I was expecting more of a drama about mental health but it steered more towards rom com territory. Not really my bag but the leads were decent enough (Bradley Cooper & Jennifer Lawrence).

3 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

What film is this? I have no idea but from that 5 second clip I reckon it's my cup of tea.

Napoleon Dynamite

3 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Abandoned her bairns because she was randy then developed a doll fixation. One of the worst films I have ever seen. 0/10

phew, nearly watched it on Saturday night. Looks like I had a close escape.

Watched The Tender Bar instead

meh, thankfully fell asleep

5 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Watched The Tender Bar on Sunday afternoon. Nothing really happens 😂. At the end I was just like…is that it?

On 08/01/2022 at 21:02, Gards said:

Really enjoyed it...9/10 for me.  Bypass the last Gohstbusters film and this is a brilliant sequel....got so emotional at the end and had some great ties to the first two films.

Agree. Thought it was a brilliant pop orn movie 9/10

19 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Watched The Tender Bar on Sunday afternoon. Nothing really happens 😂. At the end I was just like…is that it?

Watched The Tender Bar last night. Enjoyed up until the shite ending. Had to look on the web to see what became of the guy as I didnt know who he was. 7/10 for the film 3/10 for the way it ended. 

Ghostbusters: Afterlife is a good study in critics vs filmgoers.

Critics say it's crap and nothing but fan service.

Film fans absolutely love it.

Apparently, giving the audience what they want is now a bad thing.

luckyBatistuta
On 10/01/2022 at 15:51, Tommy Brown said:

On 10/01/2022 at 15:59, GinRummy said:

10 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Watched The Tender Bar last night. Enjoyed up until the shite ending. Had to look on the web to see what became of the guy as I didnt know who he was. 7/10 for the film 3/10 for the way it ended. 

Watched this a couple of days ago. It was one of those films you kind of knew it would have an ending something like that. I thought it was an alright movie, good to watch something like this, something that goes along at a quite sedate pace and gets you away from the relentless action movies.

7/10 from me 

Edited by luckyBatistuta

12 hours ago, Cade said:

Marvel's Eternals.

I'm convinced that this is a parody.

Just finished it and have to say I quite enjoyed it. Didn’t feel like the usual Marvel type of thing. 

The Theory Of Everything.

Its quintessentially English so let’s get that out the way in case it’s a problem when it shouldn’t be.

Croquet on the lawns of Cambridge. High T. Bravo boys! Just put that all to one side. 

What the film encapsulates perfectly is the mind of a genius. A genius brain we might never have the benefit of again. A brain so far ahead of its time it rewrote just about everything written before it. And then carried on writing. A brain that defied religion.

The film is incredible and Eddie Redmayne deservedly won awards for his portrayal of Prof Hawking.

10/10

On 11/01/2022 at 20:59, Cade said:

Agreed and have to admit I got a bit emotional at the end, which I thought they handled well.

On 11/01/2022 at 20:59, Cade said:

I would give it an 8/10. I enjoyed it probably because it felt like the originals.