The Official JKB What Was The Last Film You Watched...

Guest GhostHunter

Shanks said no

Army of the dead

5/10

Should have listened to Kermode. The concept was really good and some of the music worked well however....... it was too long and drawn out. Las Vegas is overrun by zombies, fenced off and about to be destroyed. A team of randoms head in. Will be a great video game.

No 1 on Netflix

4 hours ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Army of the dead

5/10

Should have listened to Kermode. The concept was really good and some of the music worked well however....... it was too long and drawn out. Las Vegas is overrun by zombies, fenced off and about to be destroyed. A team of randoms head in. Will be a great video game.

No 1 on Netflix

Loved the Tiger. Other than that, disappointed. And for some reason the picture quality was weird on my telly. Only time it's happened. 

William H. Bonney

The empty man 7/10

horror film about an ex cop searching for a missing girl who stumbles across a group trying to summon a supernatural entity. 
Superbly eerie opening 20 minutes. Pace was a bit slow but a decent film. 

The kid detective 7/10

Adam brody plays a former kid detective asked to investigate a murder.

Dark comedy. Great film. 

rudi must stay
5 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

City Of Tiny Lights

This was decent

7/10

On BBC iPlayer 

Ron Burgundy
5 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

I Saw the Devil

7.5/10

Brutally-violent, Korean, revenge thriller. Some bits are hard to watch. :sick:

Watched that a couple of years ago. Superb.

luckyBatistuta
11 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

I Saw the Devil

7.5/10

Great film, there are quite a lot of really good Korean films out there.

luckyBatistuta
On 25/05/2021 at 00:01, The Frenchman Returns said:

Army of the dead

5/10

No 1 on Netflix

Love a wee zombie film, but fell asleep after about 15 minutes watching it. Not sure whether to revisit it or not😕

luckyBatistuta
On 17/05/2021 at 22:09, Jamhammer said:

Finally got to cinema tonight to see Godzilla v Kong.

You can’t watch Godzilla on telly.

It was stupid

and awesome 

9/10

Went to the Odeon at Westerhailes last night with the wife and kids to see this. The boys and I enjoyed it, but the wife thought it was a bit meh. Special effects were really good, but the sound was incredible. 

37 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Great film, there are quite a lot of really good Korean films out there.

There are indeed. I've also really enjoyed: 

Old Boy

The Man From Nowhere

Parasite

Lady Vengeance

Sympathy for Mr Vengeance

Memories of Murder

William H. Bonney

Oxygen 7/10

A woman wakes in a cryogenic chamber with no recollection of how she got there. As she's running out of oxygen, she must rebuild her memory to find a way out of her nightmare.

luckyBatistuta
27 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Old Boy

The Man From Nowhere

Parasite

Lady Vengeance

Memories of Murder

Don’t forget

Train to Busan

Pandora

Tae Guk Gi (Brotherhood of War)

Carl Fredrickson
2 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Went to the Odeon at Westerhailes last night with the wife and kids to see this. The boys and I enjoyed it, but the wife thought it was a bit meh. Special effects were really good, but the sound was incredible. 

We were there on Sunday to see it and the sound was LOUD

I was at the Odeon tonight to see Sir Alex Ferguson Never Give In. 

The film isnt about football achievements as much as about him as a man. Some amazing old footage especially from his Aberdeen days. At just over two hours long it had a lot to cram in. One of his sons was the driving force behind it and I think he produced and/or edited it so it is very much through Fergie tinted glasses.

Well worth a watch and we are very unlikely to see a manager as successful as him again,

Ron Burgundy
On 25/05/2021 at 04:34, ri Alban said:

Loved the Tiger. Other than that, disappointed. And for some reason the picture quality was weird on my telly. Only time it's happened. 

I started watching in my bed a couple of nights ago and the picture was fine but when I resumed it next day on my good telly in the living room the picture seemed weird.

Almost out of focus and had an underwatery feel to it.

On 27/05/2021 at 08:27, Ray Gin said:

I Saw the Devil

7.5/10

Gonna watch that tonight, sounds like my kind of thing. Generally think Korean films are excellent apart from the wailing, that was guff

luckyBatistuta
19 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

Old Boy

The Man From Nowhere

Parasite

Lady Vengeance

Memories of Murder

15 minutes ago, Muppetboy said:

Gonna watch that tonight, sounds like my kind of thing. Generally think Korean films are excellent apart from the wailing, that was guff

Just finished watching another Korean movie...

Montage

In 1998, a woman loses her daughter in a kidnapping case that was never solved.

Another really good movie imo. I know sometimes they tend to overact in Korean films, but it somehow works, just adds to it. 

luckyBatistuta
17 hours ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

We were there on Sunday to see it and the sound was LOUD

I was at the Odeon tonight to see Sir Alex Ferguson Never Give In. 

The film isnt about football achievements as much as about him as a man. Some amazing old footage especially from his Aberdeen days. At just over two hours long it had a lot to cram in. One of his sons was the driving force behind it and I think he produced and/or edited it so it is very much through Fergie tinted glasses.

Well worth a watch and we are very unlikely to see a manager as successful as him again,

Was definitely loud, probably the loudest I’ve experienced at the cinema.

Will try and get a watch of the Ferguson movie👍

rudi must stay

Creed 2

I thought this was exceptional. A boxing film that has heart and the acting all round is solid. It's on Amazon prime 

10/10

rudi must stay
5 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Creed 2

I thought this was exceptional. A boxing film that has heart and the acting all round is solid. It's on Amazon prime 

10/10

Not only heart it has emotion (that felt believable) and intelligence to it. I also felt it created its own world eg kept up that Rocky Balboa world the other films had and added to it well 

Sultan Of Gorgie

Finally got round to watching El Camino. Good to see some old faces but didn't exactly feel any better for having seen it. 

2.5/5 Bitch!

JudyJudyJudy

The woman in the window “  

Really what can I say about this  ? An impressive cast is the only good thing about it . Amy Adams , Gary Oldman , Julianne Moore and Jennifer Jason Leigh ( whatever happened to her ?) 

This is more like a rip off of “ Rear window “ and “ Vertigo “  than a homage . The director tries old Hitckcockian camera tricks etc but it’s an absolute joke of a film. A totally implausible plot and a waste of outstanding acting talent . None of them can save this stinker . For the Jambos who saw through it and gave it less than it’s running time , well done . I’m watched it to the end to see how bad it could get and since I’m a fan of Hitchcock I even predicted the fight scene at the end would be  Hitch rip off . 

Dire .

If directors want to copy Hitch least do it with style and panache like the great Brian de Palma has done with films like “ Dressed to kill “ “ Body double “ or “ Raising cain “  or Claude Chabrol with “ The butcher” ! or “Blood relatives “

3/10 

Edited by JamesM48

JudyJudyJudy
On 17/05/2021 at 18:39, Tazio said:

It’s been slated by the critics. Not important but apparently the writer of the book it’s based on is a bit of an oddball 

It’s dire 

On 16/05/2021 at 20:20, rudi must stay said:

The Woman In The Window

Decent thriller. Amy Adams is excellent, not amazing but not terrible

7/10

Pure pish. I fast forwarded it. And now I don't know what video they watched and I won't be revisiting it to find out. 

Carl Fredrickson

Took my daughter to see the Tom & Jerry film this morning. Truly awful. She loved it though so that is all that matters.

I Saw the Devil

7.5/10

Brutally-violent, Korean, revenge thriller. Some bits are hard to watch. 

disappointed with this, expected more, 5/10

23 minutes ago, Muppetboy said:

I Saw the Devil

7.5/10

Brutally-violent, Korean, revenge thriller. Some bits are hard to watch. 

disappointed with this, expected more, 5/10

Expand  

I love this movie! 

On 25/05/2021 at 08:16, Furious Styles said:

The empty man 7/10

horror film about an ex cop searching for a missing girl who stumbles across a group trying to summon a supernatural entity. 
Superbly eerie opening 20 minutes. Pace was a bit slow but a decent film. 

The kid detective 7/10

Adam brody plays a former kid detective asked to investigate a murder.

Dark comedy. Great film. 

The empty man, 3/10. Absolutely fell flat after the first 20 mins where the scene was set for an excellent horror. Disappointing and boring 

Savage Vince

The Platform on Netflix. Spanish movie with subtitles. Very clever, well made sci-fi, pretty gory with some excellent scenes. 

8/10

Edited by Savage Vince

JudyJudyJudy

“Doubt “ with Phillip Seymour Hoffman , Meryl Streep and Amy Adams .  2008 

Outstanding film about a priest who may or may not have abused a child . It’s very ambiguous about his guilt or not . It’s left in “ doubt “ . It’s up to the individual viewer to decide if he was or not , based on their own interpreting of the information and perceptions and inner prejudices. 

However the nun played by Meryl Streep believes he is and starts the ball rolling with her own investigation into his potential abuse . She never waivers in her belief despite the fact he may be innocent and she has no evidence . She just “ thinks “ he did it based on her own feelings anc prejudices really. 

If anyone has ever seen it I think she is a complex piece of work in it . She’s Jealous of male dominance in the Catholic Church ( still the same ) and the subjugation of women as mere servants in the church and sees it as way to bring him down ? 

Anyway Hoffman was always a superb actor and real loss to acting when he  died so young . Amy Adams is terrific as the questioning nun who believes he is not guilty . Streep is great  as usual but I’ve never really taken to her as an actress 

rudi must stay

Cruella

Aside from the music I thought this was brilliant. I won't say anything about that but people will understand, if you watch alot of films, why that lost it a point. Other than that, exciting film with brilliant acting. I would love to see Emma Stone and Emma Thompson pick up Oscar Nominations 

9/10

rudi must stay

Army Of The Dead

Fair play to Zack Snyder he makes films with ambition, he knows what he wants, and he did a fine job with the film from a cinematography point of view. He has made a coherent and solid film here IMO.

7/10

Paddy Crossan

Watched Peter Rabbit2 at Omni last week. 8/10 as the bairn liked it and wants to see it again (no way)

Tommy Brown

Danny Boy (iplayer)

Very good true story of British soldiers accused of war crimes in Iraq.

Very good watch

On 06/06/2021 at 08:00, Bleedsmaroon said:

Justice League, directors cut. 10/10 for Gal Gadot alone, woof woof.

Its brilliant. What a difference to the old release 😱  

All Is Lost

Robert Redford, alone, on a sailing boat, against the elements.

Must be about a dozen lines of dialogue in the entire film and it's bloody brilliant.

rudi must stay
On 07/06/2021 at 23:20, 1971fozzy said:

Its brilliant. What a difference to the old release 😱  

3 and a half hours. Not for me 

Disser Pointon
15 hours ago, Cade said:

All Is Lost

Robert Redford, alone, on a sailing boat, against the elements.

Must be about a dozen lines of dialogue in the entire film and it's bloody brilliant.

I saw this at the pics and thought it was awful, and I'm a big Redford fan.

Carl Fredrickson

Dream Horse

Based on the true story of a Welsh community who created a syndicate to breed and train a horse for racing. Not being into racing I was unaware of the story but I enjoyed it. Minded me a bit of Brassed Off. 7/10

Nobody

Totally ridiculous but brilliant film. If you want 90 minutes of pure fantasy escapism then this may be for you. 8/10

5 hours ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

Dream Horse

Based on the true story of a Welsh community who created a syndicate to breed and train a horse for racing. Not being into racing I was unaware of the story but I enjoyed it. Minded me a bit of Brassed Off. 7/10

Nobody

Totally ridiculous but brilliant film. If you want 90 minutes of pure fantasy escapism then this may be for you. 8/10

Went to the pictures to see Dream Horse on Thursday. Really enjoyable film. Agree with the 7/10

William H. Bonney

Spectral 7/10

I’m not a huge sci-fi fan but I really enjoyed this film. Hard to really describe it so I’ll just lift the synopsis from IMDb. I watched it on Netflix 

A sci-fi/thriller story centered on a special-ops team that is dispatched to fight supernatural beings.