The Official JKB What Was The Last Film You Watched...

Guest GhostHunter

20 minutes ago, JDK2020 said:

Haven't seen it but I love L&H. The only thing is I can't stand Steve Coogan - for no rational reason I may add.

He does a very decent Stan.

Love Coogan.

John C Reilly is immense as Ollie.

Hard boiled eggs and nuts, hmmmmpt:lol:

rudi must stay
4 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

I Care Alot

Loved it. Great characters, great story, great music, nice cinematography. Brilliant film in my opinion

10/10

Shanks said no

I still believe

3/10

OK, need to say I didn't realise this was a Christian movie before I put it on. So it was absolutely not my cup of tea. Its a love story and I thought Mrs F might like it. Talk about depressing, boy meets girl, girl get cancer, lets pray, etc etc

Probably should have switched it off.

Available on Amazon Prime

Carl Fredrickson

Snakes On A Plane is on Netflix. Watched it last night. Awful acting, scrip is poor and it isnt the best produced. The view through the snakes eyes is laughable. 

Having said that, I loved it. So silly and stupid but very watchable. 

Wrong turn(2020) the first one had flaws,but I thought it was decent. This actually starts well and is quite menacing in tone but then it just goes south in a big way. 3/10

luckyBatistuta
1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

News of the World (Netflix) 

7.5/10

Enjoyed this. Good turns by Hanks and the wee lassie. 

It’s not his best, but still another top performance from him. Wee lassie was very good.

I’m watching Framing Britney Spears just now. If you didn’t already intensely dislike the media and paparazzi watch this. Some people are absolute scum. People totally aware of what they were doing to her continuing to harass her as if she isn’t even a person. 

luckyBatistuta
On 20/02/2021 at 22:15, rudi must stay said:

I Care Alot

Loved it. Great characters, great story, great music, nice cinematography. Brilliant film in my opinion

I’ve just started watching this and I’m only 24 minutes in...OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I’m watching Framing Britney Spears just now. If you didn’t already intensely dislike the media and paparazzi watch this. Some people are absolute scum. People totally aware of what they were doing to her continuing to harass her as if she isn’t even a person. 

Going to have to be some incredible level of scum to be worse than those in the above movie. I’ll try and get a watch of the Britney one after this👍

Carl Fredrickson

I Care Alot

A very enjoyable watch. Hard to like any of the characters but compulsive viewing.

rudi must stay

Lost Girls

A mother searches for her missing daughter. Better than your usual Netflix films I thought, it kept my attention and has an above average performance from Amy Ryan (The US Office)

7/10

rudi must stay

Her

Weird premise but I found the film riveting. Joaquin Phoenix is excellent and the movie plods along at a good pace with good characters and good dialogue. It was a nice change from the miserable stuff on Netflix and Amazon

10/10

On 21/02/2021 at 23:08, Tazio said:

watched this the other night. Horrendous what that girl had to put up with. Tragic .  
never understood why folk want to be famous when you look at what it can do to you. What a hellish life having all the paparazzi crowd you like that every single day. Hope she recovers but very sad

I Care Alot

Reading some rubbish user reviews on IMDb, it sounds good though

rudi must stay

Da 5 Bloods

Absolutely brilliant film. Great acting, great music, well edited, what you expect from in my opinion a genius of a filmmaker Spike Lee

10/10

Shanks said no

I Care Alot

Yet another excellent recommendation rudi, thank you

I Care a Lot

10/10

A rare perfect score but 3 days later this film and the concept behind it is still in my head. Rosamund Pike is wonderfully callous as she plays a legal guardian and has rightly been nominated for a Golden Globe. An intelligent film that shocks and amuses at the same time. Suberb.

1 hour ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Yet another excellent recommendation rudi, thank you

I Care a Lot

10/10

A rare perfect score but 3 days later this film and the concept behind it is still in my head. Rosamund Pike is wonderfully callous as she plays a legal guardian and has rightly been nominated for a Golden Globe. An intelligent film that shocks and amuses at the same time. Suberb.

It’s very odd, the IMDB reviews are either scathing or showering praise on it. Obviously quite a polarising film. 

Shanks said no

Da 5 Bloods

7/10

OK but very long, 2 1/2 hours. Found parts of it very interesting, black US soldiers in Vietnam war and their return many years later. Liked that they used the same actors flashing back and didn't try to make them younger, easier to follow. However it was way too far fetched and frankly ridiculous in places. 

Pelé on Netflix, pretty much what you title promises, a documentary about the man himself. Worth a watch if you enjoy football history and seeing some great footage and interviews with legends on borrowed time. 

On 18/02/2021 at 11:34, Weakened Offender said:

It was an average horror film I agree but I liked the two main characters, which made the ending more horrific. I was physically affected by it. 😐

Really? The ending divided me a bit. It was unexpected and very anxiety inducing definitely. Kennedy was really good in this

Weakened Offender
3 minutes ago, Muppetboy said:

Really? The ending divided me a bit. It was unexpected and very anxiety inducing definitely. Kennedy was really good in this

I thought he was very good in it. 

Someone I know watched it and didn't like the ending. It still gives me the heebiejeebies though. 😀

On 10/02/2021 at 08:11, Samuel Camazzola said:

Greenland. Easy to watch action nonsense with Gérard Butler. 

Some tense scenes when the panic sets in. 

6.5/10 (Amazon Prime) 

Same score from me. Decent as far as disaster movies go. First half was better. 

Butler's accent was all over the place at the start. Scottish one sentence. American the next. Then kinda Irish before slipping back to sounding mostly Scottish for the remainder. 

luckyBatistuta

I Care Alot

I think I might have missed out on this movie if it hadn’t been recommended by you rudi. So glad you did, as I thought it was a cracking watch.👏

On 18/02/2021 at 11:34, Weakened Offender said:

It was an average horror film I agree but I liked the two main characters, which made the ending more horrific. I was physically affected by it. 😐

I Care Alot

Watched it on recommendation and I agree. Really good film

I Care Alot

Watched it on recommendation and I agree. Really good film

1 minute ago, Ray Gin said:

Bohemian Rhapsody (Amazon Prime)

6/10

A bit bland. Not enough debauchery and too much Live Aid at the end.

I'm a Queen fan, got a painting of Freddie and everything. The musical performances were impressive but the film was basically pretty shit.

rudi must stay

Capone

I thought this was very good. Kept my interest and kept me thinking and Tom Hardy is outrageously good, what a talented actor

9/10

Shanks said no
2 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Capone

I thought this was very good. Kept my interest and kept me thinking and Tom Hardy is outrageously good, what a talented actor

9/10

available where?

2 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

No he's just the best 

Great guy, and a good actor at times. Just not what they say he is. 

Incidentally, my niece and her man are good friends with Tom. He trained him for some film he was in. Can't mind. But he was a Marine at the time, pre SBS(I think). 

16 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Tom Hardy is most overrated actor from the last 20 years. 

1 hour ago, jim747 said:

Ryan Gosling

Both pretty boys that just mumble their way through films. To be fair to Gosling he’s a lot more versatile. Hardy hasn’t really impressed me in much I’ve seen him in. 

17 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Tom Hardy is most overrated actor from the last 20 years. 

😱.  Have you seen warrior ?

you may change your mind

36 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

you may change your mind

Just looked that up, looks excellent. Will try find it

53 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

you may change your mind

Yes. Good, but not great. 

RocknRolla is his best film. 

Edited by ri Alban

rudi must stay

The Mauritanian

Saw this in the Glasgow film festival. Google it you can buy all the films for £10

Exceptional film, great characters, great script. And I'll be looking out for Tahar Rahim who is brilliant in every scene

10/10

William H. Bonney
1 minute ago, rudi must stay said:

The Mauritanian

Saw this in the Glasgow film festival. Google it you can buy all the films for £10

Exceptional film, great characters, great script. And I'll be looking out for Tahar Rahim who is brilliant in every scene

10/10

If you haven’t seen a prophet, watch it ASAP. He is outstanding in it. 

rudi must stay
8 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

If you haven’t seen a prophet, watch it ASAP. He is outstanding in it. 

A Prophet! That's what he's from. Ye he was great in that too