The Official JKB What Was The Last Film You Watched...

Guest GhostHunter

Talking of Gérard Butler.   I think Hunter Killer is on film four on thursday.    I've not seen it yet, so iam excited.   It's a submarine movie.   I like das boot and red October also older classic ww2 films.   Hoping this new one is decent. 

rudi must stay
43 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Talking of Gérard Butler.   I think Hunter Killer is on film four on thursday.    I've not seen it yet, so iam excited.   It's a submarine movie.   I like das boot and red October also older classic ww2 films.   Hoping this new one is decent. 

You should watch Black Sea

1 hour ago, rudi must stay said:

You should watch Black Sea

Yeah it's OK.    Its a different take with having mercenaries having to trust each other.    Wouldn't be me 😁.    Espeacily in a sub.   Total paranoia ☺   not watched it for awhile though, might give it another watch.   

Carl Fredrickson

News of the World on Netflix. 

Tom Hanks stars in this new release as he plays a news reader in the wild west. In the days before mass produced papers and an education for all, men would go round towns reading bits from papers. 

I will not spoil it but fair to say it is worth a watch if you like Tom Hanks or westerns

8/10

On 09/02/2021 at 18:28, John Findlay said:

Watched the Nice Guys, this afternoon, which I had recorded off Film4. Stars Russell Crowe and Ryan Gosling as a couple of Private investigators. I enjoyed it.

The female actress that plays Gosling's daughter steals the film.

Some very good laughs in it 7.5/10

Bloody hilarious. 

Thanks for reminding me. 

Carl Fredrickson
5 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Journeyman

On 4OD

10/10

I had never heard of this one. Watched it this evening and thought it was very well made. Thanks for the recommendation. 

rudi must stay
11 hours ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

I had never heard of this one. Watched it this evening and thought it was very well made. Thanks for the recommendation. 

No problem 👍

rudi must stay
On 10/02/2021 at 18:14, Muppetboy said:

Fear of rain, 6/10. Schizophrenic teen thinks her neighbour has kidnapped someone. Not bad

Is it on a streaming app? Sounds alright 

Fear of rain, 6/10. Schizophrenic teen thinks her neighbour has kidnapped someone. Not bad

43 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Is it on a streaming app? Sounds alright 

Found it on mobilevids I’m sure

The clovehitch killer, 7/10. Dylan McDermott as a serial killer whose son suspects him and sets out to prove he is the killer. 
mcdermott is excellent in it 

20 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Journeyman

On 4OD

10/10

I started watching this yesterday but was feeling so fed up in general I stopped watching as it would probably have finished me off. It looks good though, just wasn't in the mood for something like that.

Dagger Is Back
On 10/02/2021 at 08:57, Furious Styles said:

I cried. I cried watching a Gerald butler film. 
The shame. 

Me too. Anyway, back to the film. Entertaining enough nonsense if you don't think too hard. 7/10

Disser Pointon
On 12/02/2021 at 20:06, Muppetboy said:

Watched boss level, excellent action film with Mel Gibson. 8/10

Watched this also, poor ending but enjoyed it. 7/10.

Passengers (Amazon Prime) 

7/10

Decent Sci fi film with Chris Pratt and Jennifer Lawrence on a malfunctioning ship heading to colonise a new planet. 

Disser Pointon

The Terminal. Despite being a massive Tom Hanks fan I had never watched this for some reason, perhaps the storyline didn't appeal. I should have known that it would be a great watch, made even better with Ms Zeta-Jones being in it. 8/10.

On 12/02/2021 at 20:06, Muppetboy said:

Watched boss level, excellent action film with Mel Gibson. 8/10

Loved that film.

Great action and a good story.

CGI was maybe a bit poor in parts but Frank Grillo was great as the lead.

Also a sneaky cameo from Superbowl winner Rob Gronkowski 

Shanks said no
On 10/02/2021 at 08:11, Samuel Camazzola said:

Greenland. Easy to watch action nonsense with Gérard Butler. 

Some tense scenes when the panic sets in. 

6.5/10 (Amazon Prime) 

Watched it on a boring Sunday afternoon, Mrs F really enjoyed it, pretty standard Buttcake stuff. Agree with your marking.

Shanks said no

News of the World

8/10

There was a novelty value to it that was rather sweet but some parts, gunfight in particular, felt drawn out. Helena Zengel deserves a mention or two, some performance from a 11/12 year old.

On 09/02/2021 at 18:28, John Findlay said:

Watched the Nice Guys, this afternoon, which I had recorded off Film4. Stars Russell Crowe and Ryan Gosling as a couple of Private investigators. I enjoyed it.

The female actress that plays Gosling's daughter steals the film.

Some very good laughs in it 7.5/10

Yes a good film, Crowe is a really good actor . So commanding on screen . Always reminds me of Brando 

Hunter Killer 8/10 

Watched it twice.  With speakers then headphones.    Better on headphones.    Good action scenes, gripping drama, thrills.    Some crap acting.  Some scenes I thought could have went a different way.   Didn't spoil it though.    I expected different but was delighted with some scenes I didn't expect.   Some stuff I've not seen before.   It wasn't entirely about the submarine but was a good gobetween with what else happens. 

I think it could be beaten if another submarine movie was made, if it was more about the sub'.   

Monster hunter

Movie from Paul Anderson (resident evil franchise) that is another popular game made into a movie starring his wife Mila Jovovich.

Never heard of the game and wish I never seen this film.

The CGI is horrific for a Hollywood movie. Characters are non existent and the film sucks overall.

2/10 really like Mila Jovovich but this is on par with Ultraviolet 

rudi must stay

The Red Sea Diving Resort

This one came up on Netflix and I thought sounds interesting. Won't say  too much but a number of big names: Ben Kingsley, Chris Evans, Alessandro Nivolo (the guy in goal that's a playboy) put in creditable performances in an intriguing film that kept my attention.

7/10

Shanks said no
3 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

The Red Sea Diving Resort

This one came up on Netflix and I thought sounds interesting. Won't say  too much but a number of big names: Ben Kingsley, Chris Evans, Alessandro Nivolo (the guy in goal that's a playboy) put in creditable performances in an intriguing film that kept my attention.

7/10

Good recommendation rudi

Kept both Mrs F and I interested until the end and would give it 7.5/10, my only criticism would be the final titles, I would have liked more information on numbers and the people involved. Worth a watch.

William H. Bonney
1 hour ago, Weakened Offender said:

The Borderlands. 

The ending is unreal. 😳

Very average film but the ending stayed with me for days.
Honestly, I haven’t seen an ending to a horror film that good since Blair witch project. 

Weakened Offender
2 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

Honestly, I haven’t seen an ending to a horror film that good since Blair witch project. 

It was an average horror film I agree but I liked the two main characters, which made the ending more horrific. I was physically affected by it. 😐

William H. Bonney
1 hour ago, Weakened Offender said:

The Borderlands. 

The ending is unreal. 😳

Shanks said no

Songbird

5/10

Don't watch this to be cheered up, its Covid 23 and its much worse than now............... A few people are immune, you get sick and you go to the Q zone, basically a concentration camp. Peter Stormare plays the "bad cop" with an element of the child catcher from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. Demi Moore is also present but not as alluring as her younger self.

Available on Amazon Prime

23 hours ago, Furious Styles said:

What platform is this on?

I just seen this recently.

Stan & Ollie is on BBC2 tonight

I'm a huge fan, so was a bit unsure it wouln't work, it was terrific.

Performance of John C Reilly as Ollie is fantastic and Coogan does a great Stan.

18 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

I just seen this recently.

Stan & Ollie is on BBC2 tonight

I'm a huge fan, so was a bit unsure it wouln't work, it was terrific.

Performance of John C Reilly as Ollie is fantastic and Coogan does a great Stan.

Haven't seen it but I love L&H. The only thing is I can't stand Steve Coogan - for no rational reason I may add.