The Official JKB What Was The Last Film You Watched...

Guest GhostHunter

On 28/12/2020 at 17:35, Madjambo21 said:

Oft that was all over the place as a movie.

Just seemed like they had no clear direction for the film.

Read the director Patty Jenkins said there will be a 3rd movie 🤦‍♂️

On 26/12/2020 at 10:48, Barack said:

Wonder Woman 84.

So, so bad. Up there with one of the worst comic film's there's ever been.

If I'd paid money at the cinema for that, I'd have been tempted to press charges for robbery.

On 27/12/2020 at 23:59, Tenaciousdandy said:

I withdraw the its ok so far, its utter horseshit 

WW84 because Gal Gadot and Lynda Carter , but seriously , that seemed more of a social commentary on the selfish nature of society than a WW or comic book film. Very disappointed is an understatement 😞 

Prior to that Attenborough and the Giant Dinosaur , that is very much worth a watch

rudi must stay

It's Kind Of A Funny Story

Again it passed the time, my standard review at the moment. Some funny bits, Zach Giafannakis treading the line of funny and serious brilliantly as he always does

6/10

War for the planet of the apes.

really good film . Woody Harrelson from cheers plays a thoroughly detestable anti ape dictator.  Great CGI 

rudi must stay

I'm Thinking Of Ending Things

A film I just didn't get, lots of artistic license. Well acted, but it annoyed me, not to a huge extent just a little bit

5/10

White Riot.....Great documentary about the rock against racism protests against the national front.

Clapton,Stewart and Bowie really had different views then.

Clapton was lucky his statement was not a career ending one back then.

Edited by benny

rudi must stay

Bad Day For The Cut

Had this one on mainly in the background. Seems a decent film, nicely shot and well acted. On Netflix

6/10

Tenaciousdandy

Just stuck on Russel Crowe's new film

Unhinged (2020)

After a confrontation with an unstable man at an intersection, a woman becomes the target of his rage.

Seems pretty good so far 

luckyBatistuta
5 minutes ago, Tenaciousdandy said:

Just stuck on Russel Crowe's new film

Unhinged (2020)

After a confrontation with an unstable man at an intersection, a woman becomes the target of his rage.

Seems pretty good so far 

👍 will have a little watch if this tonight.

Watched The Frozen Ground last night. Based on a true story of a serial killer in Alaska. He hunts his victims like animals before killing them. Pretty sad stuff once you start reading about it afterwards. Thought it was not bad, always better when it’s based on a true story.

rudi must stay

Mogul Mowgli

An hour and a half of strong cinema. Well acted, nice visually and it has a powerful performance by Riz Ahmed. 

8/10

Tenaciousdandy
14 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

👍 will have a little watch if this tonight.

Watched The Frozen Ground last night. Based on a true story of a serial killer in Alaska. He hunts his victims like animals before killing them. Pretty sad stuff once you start reading about it afterwards. Thought it was not bad, always better when it’s based on a true story.

It's pretty far fetched, but make you think that you  just don't know who your beeping/gesturing/shouting at lol 

Seen the frozen ground years ago, was really good from what I remember 

luckyBatistuta
11 minutes ago, Tenaciousdandy said:

It's pretty far fetched, but make you think that you  just don't know who your beeping/gesturing/shouting at lol 

Seen the frozen ground years ago, was really good from what I remember 

Yeah, think it’s been out a while. I’m not a big fan of Nicholas Cage films, so probably explains why it’s taken me so long to get around to it. I know from personal experience just how quickly beeping and gesturing can quickly escalate. Try to count to 10 these days, not easy sometimes.

Tenaciousdandy
4 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Yeah, think it’s been out a while. I’m not a big fan of Nicholas Cage films, so probably explains why it’s taken me so long to get around to it. I know from personal experience just how quickly beeping and gesturing can quickly escalate. Try to count to 10 these days, not easy sometimes.

Yeah most of cages stuf is pretty wacky lol does have some absolute gems tho. Yeah same, we've all been there, I'm not as bad as I used to be, calmed down a lot as I've got older, altho still occasionally have the look at me while I'm overtaking you and shaking my head moments, mostly while overtaking

someone on a 60 doing 20 lol

On unhinged it was a entertaining yet predictable action thriiler, interesting seeing Crowe as the bad guy (he looks more like John goodman in this lol) 

6.5/10

Adam_the_legend

Watched The Gentleman last night. Latest Guy Ritchie movie with an all star cast. Started off quite good but by the end just got ridiculous 6/10. 

luckyBatistuta
3 hours ago, Tenaciousdandy said:

Yeah most of cages stuf is pretty wacky lol does have some absolute gems tho. Yeah same, we've all been there, I'm not as bad as I used to be, calmed down a lot as I've got older, altho still occasionally have the look at me while I'm overtaking you and shaking my head moments, mostly while overtaking

someone on a 60 doing 20 lol

On unhinged it was a entertaining yet predictable action thriiler, interesting seeing Crowe as the bad guy (he looks more like John goodman in this lol) 

6.5/10

Cheers for the recommendation Td, the wife and I just finished watching it and we both enjoyed it. As you say, what the heck has happened to Crowe, he’s massive and did look more like John Goodman🤣.

Will give it  7.5/10, a decent watch. 

Tenaciousdandy
12 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Cheers for the recommendation Td, the wife and I just finished watching it and we both enjoyed it. As you say, what the heck has happened to Crowe, he’s massive and did look more like John Goodman🤣.

Will give it  7.5/10, a decent watch. 

No probs LB, glad you both enjoyed it, it was entertaining, yeah he's twice the man he was in gladiator 😂

On 26/12/2020 at 10:48, Barack said:

Wonder Woman 84.

So, so bad. Up there with one of the worst comic film's there's ever been.

If I'd paid money at the cinema for that, I'd have been tempted to press charges for robbery.

Its that bad I'm actually scared to admit I watched it to the end...Absolutely HOWLING movie.

Of course I would say that the only reason I did actually watch all of it is because Gal Gadot is pure perfection...she IS a wonder woman :clumshot:

On 05/01/2021 at 05:56, ri Alban said:

The Australian dream 10/10 

Exposes the real Australia. 

Whats that on?

Parasite - Didnt really know anything about it before watching just that it won loads of Oscars. Last half hour or so was not what I was expecting and a bit mental but really enjoyed it overall. Forced me to actually pay attention with the subtitles too 😂 9/10. 

Watched Olympus and London has fallen the past couple of nights as well...  Not my choice and very cheesy but entertaining enough with lots of explosions 😂 Easy mindless watching 6/10 

luckyBatistuta

Finally got around to watching Hotel Mumbai....what a fekd up world we live in. Sad viewing, but would still recommend watching it if you haven’t seen it. 8/10

Dagger Is Back

Resistance 7/10

The true story of Marcel Marceau who worked with the Jewish Boy Scouts and the French Resistance to save the lives of hundreds of Jewish orphans.

A story which I was shamefully unaware of.

9 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Whats that on?

Iplayer. Great doc about the aboriginal people but mainly Adam Goodes. Emotional. 

8 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Tag :D Good distraction and fun too. 

Jeremy Renner is great in it. I also like the fact it is loosely based on a true story

Adam_the_legend
On 07/01/2021 at 18:24, Pans Jambo said:

Its that bad I'm actually scared to admit I watched it to the end...Absolutely HOWLING movie.

Of course I would say that the only reason I did actually watch all of it is because Gal Gadot is pure perfection...she IS a wonder woman :clumshot:

Same reason I stayed with it to the end. She’s incredible but the movie was terrible. 

Dead Man’s Shoes is on Film 4 at 11.05pm tonight. If you’ve never seen then treat yourself. Incredible film with Paddy Considine giving a performance of a lifetime. 

1 hour ago, Tazio said:

Dead Man’s Shoes is on Film 4 at 11.05pm tonight. If you’ve never seen then treat yourself. Incredible film with Paddy Considine giving a performance of a lifetime. 

Don't, it's murder. 

Tenaciousdandy

Songbird - thriller, drama Love story about a covid pandemic where only a handful of people are immune, not a film I would recommend, it does have a great cast but pretty poor story line 

Songbird (2020)

In 2024 a pandemic ravages the world and its cities. Centering on a handful of people as they navigate the obstacles currently hindering society: disease, martial law, quarantine, and vigilantes.

5/10 from me 

Tenuous to the thread but I’m watching a documentary about the history of comic book movies. 
And just discovered that hilariously Dougray Scott was cast as Wolverine in the original X-Men film but had to drop out as he was signed up to another film and couldn’t get out of it. Then they offered it to Russell Crowe but he wasn’t available so suggested his mate Hugh even though he was mainly a stage actor in musicals. And the rest was history. 
Nae luck Dougray. 

Edited by Tazio

On 28/12/2020 at 00:27, 1971fozzy said:

Tenet . Genuinely no idea what the fek that was all about. Looked good and sounded good but completely at a loss with the plot ???  

I went and seen that at the cinema. 

Thought it was terrible. People who make these kind of films mustn’t be right 

On 28/12/2020 at 00:27, 1971fozzy said:

Tenet . Genuinely no idea what the fek that was all about. Looked good and sounded good but completely at a loss with the plot ???  

I went and seen that at the cinema. 

Thought it was terrible. People who make these kind of films mustn’t be right 

Watched Terminator 1 and 2 for the first times yesterday 😂😳

Both excellent and Arnie was cool as fk 😎😂 Heard not to bother with the rest though... 

alwaysthereinspirit
2 hours ago, Simo said:

Watched Terminator 1 and 2 for the first times yesterday 😂😳

Both excellent and Arnie was cool as fk 😎😂 Heard not to bother with the rest though... 

never watched Terminator 1 but love the second movie. 

41 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

never watched Terminator 1 but love the second movie. 

If you watch them back to back it’s a classic case of the first one doing well so they throw a big budget at the second. 

alwaysthereinspirit
1 hour ago, Tazio said:

If you watch them back to back it’s a classic case of the first one doing well so they throw a big budget at the second. 

I’ve seen bits of 1 and always thought it looked a bit meh. I should give it another go.