The Official JKB What Was The Last Film You Watched...

Guest GhostHunter

Rewatched The Rock and Con Air.

Loved the movies when they came out and still do.

Just got Face Off to complete the trinity

Ps Sean Connery was excellent in the Rock

The Peanut Butter Falcon.

Shia Labeouf, Zack Gottasagen and a very attractive Dakota Johnson.

Interesting film all about a Down syndrome man who runs away with the dream of becoming a pro wrestler. Taken under the wing of a fisherman on the run from some nasties.

The film was apparently written completely for Zack after the team behind it discovered him some time earlier at a summer camp.

It’s very charming in places and does have some very funny moments. The bond between the 2 male leads requires no acting. You can tell they genuinely are mates which is lovely.

Plot is a bit wobbly at times and the ending is just stupid.

7 out of 10.

15 hours ago, Vlad Magic said:

The Peanut Butter Falcon.

Shia Labeouf, Zack Gottasagen and a very attractive Dakota Johnson.

Interesting film all about a Down syndrome man who runs away with the dream of becoming a pro wrestler. Taken under the wing of a fisherman on the run from some nasties.

The film was apparently written completely for Zack after the team behind it discovered him some time earlier at a summer camp.

It’s very charming in places and does have some very funny moments. The bond between the 2 male leads requires no acting. You can tell they genuinely are mates which is lovely.

Plot is a bit wobbly at times and the ending is just stupid.

7 out of 10.

Really liked that film.

Moving at times and great acting by all involved especially zack 👍

Boss Level

Fun action flick starring Frank Grillo (kingdom, Captain America) about a man that keeps reliving the same day of his death over and over (Groundhog day/Edge of tomorrow)

Lots of action with a good few laughs added in.

Also stars Mel Gibson and Naomi Watts

8/10

On 24/11/2020 at 15:41, Vlad Magic said:

Rewatched Local Hero after a long long gap since the first watch.

Persuaded Mrs VM to watch it on my recommendation so no pressure.

What a gorgeous witty and charming film. New the basic plot from previous but it’s all about the characters and the fabulous acting performances that make the film.

The Mark Knopfler soundtrack brings a tear to the eye.

Its interesting watching a film now compared to say 30 years ago as you appreciate different aspects as you get older.

If you haven’t seen this dare I say it “classic” you won’t be disappointed 👍

It’s a great film. The legendary film critic Pauline Kael praised it to the hilt 

“ Diego Maradona “

It’s free on Channel 4 player . Very humble beginnings to being the greatest . Some moving bits about his family esp when he phoned his mum after winning the World Cup . He really lifted Napoli out of the bottom rung of Italian football and restored pride in the city . They were called the “ cholera   of Italy “by the Northern teams like Juventus and AC Milan .  And ofcourse some great football . What a life he led

Bad Words

forty year old uses a loop hole to enter  a national spelling bee for 11 year olds.

Jason Bateman directs and leads.

Available on Amazon prime 

8/10

On 27/11/2020 at 21:04, Judge Fudge said:

Bad Words

forty year old uses a loop hole to enter  a national spelling bee for 11 year olds.

Jason Bateman directs and leads.

Available on Amazon prime 

8/10

I loved that film. 

Tenaciousdandy

Run

A decent enough film, where there is a sick child but all isn't as it seems, has Paulson from AHS and keira allen i pretty much unknown actress both give solid performances, altho type of movie it is makes it obvious whats going to happen 6.5/10 

Tenaciousdandy
On 19/11/2020 at 17:57, ri Alban said:

Just turned jingle jangle of after a small while. Absolutely pish. 

We are going to watch that with the kids, wasn't looking forward to it, even less so now lol 

12 hours ago, Dandyman79 said:

We are going to watch that with the kids, wasn't looking forward to it, even less so now lol 

Don't take my word for it. I hope you enjoy it. 👍

Escape from Pretoria

7/10

True story of three political prisoners who attempt to escape from prison in South Africa in the late 1970s, starring Daniel Radcliffe, who is actually proving to be a very decent actor. I thought he was also good in "Jungle".

rudi must stay

Mid90s

Jonah Hill's directing debut. I thought this was an excellent film with a great soundtrack. Certainly passed the time and the young skateboarders are great. On Netflix

7/10

rudi must stay
2 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

Escape from Pretoria

7/10

True story of three political prisoners who attempt to escape from prison in South Africa in the late 1970s, starring Daniel Radcliffe, who is actually proving to be a very decent actor. I thought he was also good in "Jungle".

Should have won awards for Jungle IMO. 

On 24/11/2020 at 15:46, ri Alban said:

Fat man 10/10 A fantastic take on Santa Claus. 

I watched this tonight and I'd beg to differ. 1hr and 30mins of my life I'll never get back. 🤣

4 hours ago, Cruyff said:

I watched this tonight and I'd beg to differ. 1hr and 30mins of my life I'll never get back. 🤣

Boo!!! 

luckyBatistuta
12 hours ago, Cruyff said:

7 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Boo!!! 

My wife and I watched it together. As much as we laughed, I lost count of how many times we turned to each other and said this is absolute garbage🤪

4 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

My wife and I watched it together. As much as we laughed, I lost count of how many times we turned to each other and said this is absolute garbage🤪

Could have been great, it was a great idea. I thought Mel was good but the wee boy and the cringey 90's hit an stuff was horrendous. 

Run, 7/10.  Sarah Paulson in a film about a mother caring for her premature baby who then grows up with what it seems are expected medical effects of her birth coming too early. 

luckyBatistuta

Maradona...a brilliant watch. The film highlights for me just how he ended up the way he did. Thrust into the spotlight away from his family at a very young and no support like they get nowadays. Everyone used and wanted a piece of him. I think anyone coming from his background in those times, would have went off the rails living in that environment. Still gutted he’s gone, a genius. 

10/10 for the number 10

RIP 

2 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Maradona...a brilliant watch. The film highlights for me just how he ended up the way he did. Thrust into the spotlight away from his family at a very young and no support like they get nowadays. Everyone used and wanted a piece of him. I think anyone coming from his background in those times, would have went off the rails living in that environment. Still gutted he’s gone, a genius. 

10/10 for the number 10

RIP 

Noticed on Netflix there’s a documentary about maradona being in charge of a Mexican team. Looks interesting 

luckyBatistuta
1 hour ago, Muppetboy said:

Noticed on Netflix there’s a documentary about maradona being in charge of a Mexican team. Looks interesting 

Yeah, mentioned it on the tv series thread, a right good watch 

On 27/11/2020 at 00:34, Madjambo21 said:

Boss Level

Fun action flick starring Frank Grillo (kingdom, Captain America) about a man that keeps reliving the same day of his death over and over (Groundhog day/Edge of tomorrow)

Lots of action with a good few laughs added in.

Also stars Mel Gibson and Naomi Watts

8/10

Action was awesome mate, really enjoyable film . Loved edge of tomorrow and this is as good as that, 8/10

Tenaciousdandy
On 30/11/2020 at 23:36, Cruyff said:

I started it but wasn't feeling it so switched it off less than half way through

Currently watching “Pitching Tents”

50 mins in and the signs are bad.

Its a crock of pish.

Unless you hear otherwise assume this pile of breast meat needs giblets shoved up its arse and served for Christmas.

I’ve actually switched this piece of shit off.

Never ever watch “Pitching Tents”

Its easily the worst film I have ever tried to watch.

1 from 10 and that’s 1 because it has a hint of fishing in it.

rudi must stay

Mulan

Didn't expect to like it but I throughly enjoyed it. The girl that stars is a star in the making and is excellent, and there's a good story as well as that Disney magico only they do. One for the family but also if you're after something to watch. On Disney plus 

8/10

I just finished watching Jojo Rabbit a short while ago. 
I’m speechless, an absolute work of genius. One of those films you don’t want to watch anything after it finishes as you just want to sit and let it soak in. 
10/10. 

Tenaciousdandy

Just finished the Christmas chronicles 1 and 2 with the youngest first one was ok second was a pile of dog poo, got gremlins on now absolute classic 

11 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

Good Will Hunting.

10/10, still one of my favourites.

Watched this many times. Wonderful film.

Ive also revisited The Dead Poets Society recently also with Robin Williams. It’s a cracker!!

11 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

Good Will Hunting.

10/10, still one of my favourites.

Watched this many times. Wonderful film.

Ive also revisited The Dead Poets Society recently also with Robin Williams. It’s a cracker!!

Tenaciousdandy
On 04/12/2020 at 21:27, Tazio said:

I just finished watching Jojo Rabbit a short while ago. 
I’m speechless, an absolute work of genius. One of those films you don’t want to watch anything after it finishes as you just want to sit and let it soak in. 
10/10. 

Absolutely amazing film 

Tenaciousdandy

Watched the devil all the time last night, good solid film basically about a young man devoted to protecting his family in a little town full of religous nutjobs and corruption, cracking cast and great acting 

On 07/12/2020 at 16:21, Dandyman79 said:

Watched the devil all the time last night, good solid film basically about a young man devoted to protecting his family in a little town full of religous nutjobs and corruption, cracking cast and great acting 

Thought it was really good as well. Very well made and the way they created such a sinister atmosphere really sucked you in.