The Official JKB What Was The Last Film You Watched...

Guest GhostHunter

18 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Bloodshot

Totally got what this film was trying to do and I quite enjoyed it. Vin Diesel is pretty good and if you go along with it and accept it's flaws and farfetchedness it's not bad at all

7/10

i liked it as well. hopefully they do commission the proposed sequel and the harbinger movie that would share its comic book universe

rudi must stay
15 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Started watching the gentlemen yesterday, I don't know if I can be bothered watching the rest of it or if I just wasn't in the mood for it. 

Very much a film that improves with every watch 

rudi must stay
15 hours ago, milky_26 said:

i liked it as well. hopefully they do commission the proposed sequel and the harbinger movie that would share its comic book universe

Ones enough I think 

rudi must stay

Shaun The Sheep Farmageddon

Very good sequal to Shaun The Sheep. Plenty of laughs, usual Aardman gags and a good story. Also very kid friendly, not on Amazon or Netflix currently

8/10

L'Immortale

7/10

Decent but not as good as I hoped. Ciro spends most of the film walking around looking moody and saying nothing. He says about 5 sentences in the whole film. :lol:

Edited by Ray Gin

Enola Holmes on Netflix. 
The story of Sherlock Holmes’ younger sister searching for her missing mother and getting involved in other stuff. Enjoyable fluff and an easy enough way to spend a couple of hours. 
7/10. 

Get Duked!  on Amazon. Comedy about 4 misfit Scottish big city boys getting taken to the highlands to do their Duke Of Edinburgh award hike. Fair to say it goes a bit mental from then on with being hunted around the landscape. Very funny surreal comedy with good performances from the young actors in it. 
I only watched it a friend has a main role but ended up thoroughly enjoying it. 
8/10

Edited by Tazio

4 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Hugh is magic, tho it took me a while. Colin, :D pure Irish 

Hugh Grant's performance was almost as much of a surprise as Adam Sander's in Uncut Gems. Superb. 

Reservoir Dogs: 9/10. Absolutely amazing!! Brilliant acting. The scene where Buscemi and Keitel are in the back going over the robbery is just absolutely superb.

The Two Escobars

8/10

Been meaning to watch this for years. Excellent documentary about the rise of Columbian football in early 90s, fuelled by drug money, culminating in the infamous murder of their national team's captain after the '94 world cup. Currently on iPlayer.

On 26/09/2020 at 03:57, ri Alban said:

Hugh is magic, tho it took me a while. Colin, :D pure Irish 

Yeah I’m Gettin more impressed with Hugh grant now . He’s terrific in “ Paddington 2” it’s a right laugh and he plays the baddie . He was also great in “ a very British scandal “ playing through disgraced Jeremy Thorpe . It’s a bawdy almost carry on type of comedy to it for such a serous subject .😂

On 25/09/2020 at 22:46, Tazio said:

Get Duked!  on Amazon. Comedy about 4 misfit Scottish big city boys getting taken to the highlands to do their Duke Of Edinburgh award hike. Fair to say it goes a bit mental from then on with being hunted around the landscape. Very funny surreal comedy with good performances from the young actors in it. 
I only watched it a friend has a main role but ended up thoroughly enjoying it. 
8/10

Cheers for the recommendation, I enjoyed it and recommended it to my nephew (currently doing his Duke of Edinburgh) so I have about a week of 'cool Auntie' before reverting to normal 'old person' status.

I'm intreagued which character your friend played, I'm going to guess Mr Carlisle or PC Hamish.

10 minutes ago, Alex said:

Cheers for the recommendation, I enjoyed it and recommended it to my nephew (currently doing his Duke of Edinburgh) so I have about a week of 'cool Auntie' before reverting to normal 'old person' status.

I'm intreagued which character your friend played, I'm going to guess Mr Carlisle or PC Hamish.

Glad to be of help. 
oh, and it’s Sergeant Morag. 

Carl Fredrickson
2 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Yeah I’m Gettin more impressed with Hugh grant now . He’s terrific in “ Paddington 2” it’s a right laugh and he plays the baddie . He was also great in “ a very British scandal “ playing through disgraced Jeremy Thorpe . It’s a bawdy almost carry on type of comedy to it for such a serous subject .😂

I think you have copied a post of mine from a few months back when I saw The Gentlemen at the cinema. HG is a VERY impressive actor. 

20 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Cheeky. 

😁Only because you downplayed it, I'd have been more 'I only watched it as my A list friend who is a massive celebrity is in it.'

Carl Fredrickson

The Odeon had The Empire Strikes Back on last night. Went with the kids and it was great to see it on the big screen. I loved the fact that the special effects were limited and it wasnt all CGI like a lot of modern films. Fantastic film. 

Dagger Is Back
On 04/07/2020 at 23:07, Dagger Is Back said:

Just Mercy 10/10

Story of a Harvard law graduate representing death row prisoners in Alabama. Made me greet and criminal that this represents a modern day reality

Has anyone seen this yet?

Dagger Is Back
On 04/07/2020 at 23:07, Dagger Is Back said:

Just Mercy 10/10

Story of a Harvard law graduate representing death row prisoners in Alabama. Made me greet and criminal that this represents a modern day reality

Carl Fredrickson
11 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

I saw it at the cinema months ago and loved it. Sure I gave it a 9/10 on this thread. 

Dagger Is Back
19 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

I saw it at the cinema months ago and loved it. Sure I gave it a 9/10 on this thread. 

Sorry I must have missed that. Glad you enjoyed it. A film that didn't get the recognition I think it deserved

Carl Fredrickson
1 hour ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Sorry I must have missed that. Glad you enjoyed it. A film that didn't get the recognition I think it deserved

It didnt have a long cinema release either. Hopefully streaming services will make it popular as it deserves a wider audience. 

Dagger Is Back
13 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

It didnt have a long cinema release either. Hopefully streaming services will make it popular as it deserves a wider audience. 

Hope so too. 

6 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Nice wee 2nd prize at Muckhart seniors on Thursday. £125 voucher.

More importantly, 0.7 cut, back to 12

Open at Saturday at Harburn.

Pars at 17 & 18 would have given me another 0.8 cut.

Double bogeyed both:sob:

Demoralised.

i think you have posted on the wrong thread

Carl Fredrickson
7 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Nice wee 2nd prize at Muckhart seniors on Thursday. £125 voucher.

More importantly, 0.7 cut, back to 12

Open at Saturday at Harburn.

Pars at 17 & 18 would have given me another 0.8 cut.

Double bogeyed both:sob:

Demoralised.

Is this on Netflix?

On 14/09/2020 at 18:29, rudi must stay said:

Just ordered it

Not a horror fan but remember Mark Kermode rating this and Tobey Jones at that time. There's another good films where Jones plays Hitchcock filming the film the birds  

Let us know what you think because the film message board i went on is pure crickets

rudi must stay
19 minutes ago, Dirkdiggler77 said:

Let us know what you think because the film message board i went on is pure crickets

I didn't think much of it. Odd and slow 

Battle of the sexes. Tennis/biopic re match between Billie Jean King & Bobby Riggs.

Quite interesting & good cast

31 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Murder on the Orient Express (2017) on C4 now. Put it on record.

Have seen the original, is it worth watching this one?

Aye, I thought it was very good.

4 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Aye, I thought it was very good.

Aye, but had you seen the original?

Just yes or no answer to not give anything away.:thumbsup:

Edited by Tommy Brown

4 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Aye, but had you seen the original?

Just yes or no answer to not give anything away.:thumbsup:

Yes👍

Ron Burgundy

The gentlemen, thought it was great.

Yardie, chronic, should have had sub-titles as I could hardly understand a word of it.

Watched “Beats” last night.

Indy film based on the early 90’s illegal rave scene in Scotland.

Its filmed almost entirely in black and white for reasons I couldn’t work out? There was no real reason to do this other than to make the one scene filmed in colour stand out. 

As a nostalgic trip back to your teens (if you are of a certain vintage) it’s really enjoyable. The 2 lead actors have genuine chemistry as best pals on a massive night out. Some very funny moments. 

The soundtrack is brilliant. One of the best. Opens with a bit of UltraSonic and goes through some of the best early 90’s techno.

Would be best watched with you and your old raving mates as a trip down memory lane. 

7 out of 10