The Official JKB What Was The Last Film You Watched...

Guest GhostHunter

Weakened Offender
On 04/09/2020 at 21:53, Furious Styles said:

Ready or not. 8/10 

I watched this on now tv. 

A bride plays a terrifying game of hide and seek on her wedding night with her new family. 
Very funny, dark horror. 

It's hilarious. Very silly but very funny. 

jack D and coke
On 02/09/2020 at 13:17, luckyBatistuta said:

Fantasy Island

thought it would be dross

it was😞

What a pile of dung that was aye. 

On 02/09/2020 at 13:19, luckyBatistuta said:

Villain...Craig Fairbrass

5/10

Didn’t mind Villain tbh. 6.5/10 for me. 
Fairbrass is quite a good cockney w***er gangster. 

5 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Watching dark phoenix again. I've e just noticed the chair Professor X is using. Well played James Mcavoy. :D

?

1 minute ago, Tazio said:

I’d imagine he’s spotted the wheels have X shape spokes. Everyone else would see an X, he would see a saltire cross...

Cheers. 

3 hours ago, Tazio said:

I’d imagine he’s spotted the wheels have X shape spokes. Everyone else would see an X, he would see a saltire cross...

No, the back actually. 

L'Immortale

Anyone who's watched Gommorrah would enjoy this IMO, it's a full length film of Ciro's upbringing and stuff. I will say no more as to not spoil it.

I loved it.

3 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

L'Immortale

Anyone who's watched Gommorrah would enjoy this IMO, it's a full length film of Ciro's upbringing and stuff. I will say no more as to not spoil it.

I loved it.

Where did you watch this?

1 hour ago, Furious Styles said:

sky Atlantic 

1 hour ago, Ron Burgundy said:

It was in the Box Sets section of Sky for some reason.

Cheers guys, I've got Sky Boxsets so I'll be watching this soon  :thumbsup: 

Carl Fredrickson

Watched a couple of classics yesterday - Glory  and The Shawshank Redemption. Both tremendous and whatever I watch tonight will not be as good. 

1 hour ago, rudi must stay said:

John Wick

You know what I'll give it a 10. Easy to follow, funny, stylish at hell. A good find on Amazon Prime 

10/10

it’s brilliant. The 2 sequels are good shouts too

rudi must stay

Sonic The Hedgehog 

I had a brief moment to myself this morning, "it can't be that bad, I'll give it a shot" well it is that bad, that bad that I have no intention of finishing it. It's a shame because Sonic as a character is cool and there's a movie there. But not live action and not like this

2/10 and the second point is for Jim Carrey putting in not a bad shift as Robotnik

21 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

John Wick

You know what I'll give it a 10. Easy to follow, funny, stylish at hell. A good find on Amazon Prime 

10/10

Part 3 is on Netflix. Brilliant! 

Gangs of New York (Amazon Prime)

7.5/10

Not quite as good as I remember it being but still holds up pretty well. Day Lewis and Di Caprio both put in great performances.

On 01/09/2020 at 02:42, Madjambo21 said:

You cannot kill David Arquette 

Mental documentary following Arquette getting back into the world of wrestling (never knew he was in WCW in 2000ish)

Not something I'd normally watch but it shows what an emotional guy he is from his family life, alcoholism and faltering career.

Not a big wrestling fan but 7/10 for me.

There is an old Howard Stern ep on youtube with Arquette and Courtney Cox after she left him and he's trying to win her back but she she isn't having it because he's a womanizer, quite funny

Has anybody seen Berberian Sound Studio?

It's on 4od it's about this mild man (Toby Jones) who goes to Italy to do the sound effects for film (which turns out to be a giallo) and everyone around him is strange and there is a very sinister undertone

It's got a poor imdb score and not many forums about it but a few intellectual types love it and say it's awesome but majority don't like it because it ends ambiguously and it's very vague in what it was really all about

Personally i liked it even though i can't truly figure it out either, its very cryptic

If anyone has seen it and can break it down then fair play because there isn't much out there on it

15 hours ago, Dirkdiggler77 said:

It's on 4od it's about this mild man (Toby Jones) who goes to Italy to do the sound effects for film (which turns out to be a giallo) and everyone around him is strange and there is a very sinister undertone

It's got a poor imdb score and not many forums about it but a few intellectual types love it and say it's awesome but majority don't like it because it ends ambiguously and it's very vague in what it was really all about

Personally i liked it even though i can't truly figure it out either, its very cryptic

If anyone has seen it and can break it down then fair play because there isn't much out there on it

Saw this at the cinema. A proper WTF film. I enjoyed it though.

I watched Kingsmen The Golden Circle last night. It was a decent enough way to waste a couple of hours but based on it compared to the first one I hope they don’t make a 3rd as the law of diminishing returns say it will be a honker. 

38 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I watched Kingsmen The Golden Circle last night. It was a decent enough way to waste a couple of hours but based on it compared to the first one I hope they don’t make a 3rd as the law of diminishing returns say it will be a honker. 

a third is planned along with a prequel

rudi must stay
On 12/09/2020 at 22:13, Dirkdiggler77 said:

Just ordered it

Not a horror fan but remember Mark Kermode rating this and Tobey Jones at that time. There's another good films where Jones plays Hitchcock filming the film the birds  

Edited by rudi must stay

1 hour ago, rudi must stay said:

Just ordered it

Not a horror fan but remember Mark Kermode rating this and Tobey Jones at that time. There's another good films where Jones plays Hitchcock filming the film the birds  

Im a big Hitchcock fan. What film is Toby Jones in regarding Hitch?.  In the mid 1990s i went to see a " Screen by screen" talk at the Filmhouse where the actress Theresa Wright discussed  working with Hitch on his brilliant " Shadow of a doubt".  They played scenes from the film and she discussed her experiences with the audience. It was a great night. She was in her mid 70s by then and it was quite moving seeing her younger self on screen behind her.  She was probably mid 20s when she made it. 

rudi must stay
4 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Im a big Hitchcock fan. What film is Toby Jones in regarding Hitch?.  In the mid 1990s i went to see a " Screen by screen" talk at the Filmhouse where the actress Theresa Wright discussed  working with Hitch on his brilliant " Shadow of a doubt".  They played scenes from the film and she discussed her experiences with the audience. It was a great night. She was in her mid 70s by then and it was quite moving seeing her younger self on screen behind her.  She was probably mid 20s when she made it. 

The Girl it's called. Sure you could find it online it's pretty good, especially if you are a Hitchcock fan

2 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

The Girl it's called. Sure you could find it online it's pretty good, especially if you are a Hitchcock fan

Oh ive seen it. ! lol.  Yeah it was quite good but people were slightly critical of the depiction of Hitch as predatory and cruel to Hedren i recall. 

On 10/09/2020 at 09:17, Ron Burgundy said:

L'Immortale

I loved it.

Watched this last night. Absolutely fantastic. 

10/10 for sure.

Echo In The Canyon. Documentary with lots of concert footage made by Jakob Dylan about the LA music scene in the mid sixties. Great interviews with all the main players in the movement and top notch archive footage. Highly recommended if that type of thing interests you. 
currently available on amazon Prime for £1.99

11 hours ago, Tazio said:

Echo In The Canyon. Documentary with lots of concert footage made by Jakob Dylan about the LA music scene in the mid sixties. Great interviews with all the main players in the movement and top notch archive footage. Highly recommended if that type of thing interests you. 
currently available on amazon Prime for £1.99

there is a two part documentary called laurel canyon on sky documentary so will be on demand covering the same topic

jack D and coke

Watched The Acid House again last night. First time I’ve watched it for years, since it maybe came out in late 90’s. Forgot how funny it was actually pissing myself laughing all the way through it. 
It’s Irvine Welsh I know I know. Genuinely funny stuff :lol: 

rudi must stay

Snowpiercer

What an original piece of work. Absolutely brilliant, never seen anything like it but it works and I was never bored. On Amazon 

10/10

Edited by rudi must stay

2 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Snowpiercer

What an original piece of work. Absolutely brilliant, never seen anything like it but it works and I was never bored. On Amazon 

10/10

There’s a series now based on the same premise on Netflix. 

Carl Fredrickson

Bill & Ted Face The Music. Truly awful.

Trying to get into my pre-lockdown routine of a Monday afternoon trip to the cinema but there isnt a lot of choice at the moment. Hopefully we dont go in to lockdown v2 and that some decent films are released soon.

Disser Pointon
18 hours ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

Bill & Ted Face The Music. Truly awful.

Trying to get into my pre-lockdown routine of a Monday afternoon trip to the cinema but there isnt a lot of choice at the moment. Hopefully we dont go in to lockdown v2 and that some decent films are released soon.

Don't think it was ever going to be a classic mate. 🤣

Carl Fredrickson
26 minutes ago, Bleedsmaroon said:

Don't think it was ever going to be a classic mate. 🤣

I didnt have high hopes for it and with limited films out it looked the best of a very bad bunch. 

rudi must stay

Bloodshot

Totally got what this film was trying to do and I quite enjoyed it. Vin Diesel is pretty good and if you go along with it and accept it's flaws and farfetchedness it's not bad at all

7/10

Started watching the gentlemen yesterday, I don't know if I can be bothered watching the rest of it or if I just wasn't in the mood for it. 

9 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Started watching the gentlemen yesterday, I don't know if I can be bothered watching the rest of it or if I just wasn't in the mood for it. 

I enjoyed it, some funny bits and Hugh Grant is excellent.