The Official JKB What Was The Last Film You Watched...

Guest GhostHunter

Carl Fredrickson
3 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

7 for Jurassic Park. Cmon I hope that's a high 7

I was swithering between a 7 and an 8 but it is a film that we watch A LOT so it may be that familiarity caused me to mark it down. 

Todays film was Unhinged. Booked a ticket without knowing what it was about (desperate to get out today). Russell Crowe is the big name in it and I would liken it to a cross between Fallen Down & Carrie but without the humour and a lot more violence. 

Its predictability means it gets a 5/10

William H. Bonney

Host. 
 8/10

I watched this on shudder, an amazon prime Channel. 

six friends take part in a seance on zoom. 
It’s less than an hour long but it’s Very good. Easily the most effective horror I’ve seem in a good while. 

Wonderful Losers. 
Documentary on Amazon about racing cyclists. Not the glamorous ones, the domestiques or gragarios who are in the team to support the leaders. Great as there was no real voice over just the stories of the riders. Non cycling fans don’t realise just how hard these riders are, amazing footage from inside the doctors car of riders getting patched up as they ride holding onto the door of a car at 30mph getting fed painkillers so they can keep going. One amazing bit of footage of a rider getting back on after a crash clearly with a broken collarbone and riding the rest of the stage one handed. 
10/10 if you’re a cycling fan

8/10 if you’re not just to see what they go through and get an insight to a strange world. 

The Internet

Unhinged. It's exactly what you expect but could've been better. Hit on a couple of societal issues early on but didn't go any deeper whatsoever and then just went all 'indestructible mad man is out to get you' type thriller with a hilariously cheesy line near the end. Decent violence though. 

Rising Phoenix on Netflix, documentary about the paralympics. Great viewing and pushing home what disabled sports can be and are. Not ashamed to say I got tears quite a few times during it. 

rudi must stay

Upgrade

Really impressed with how gutsy this film is, really bold and inventive. If you like Sci-fi give it a go

7/10

Carl Fredrickson

Tenet

Pile of poo. Lots of action but the screen I was in the background volume was so loud I struggled to make out what folk were saying. Dont think it would have made a difference. 

Tenet, meh 5/10, so many twists it actually became boring, lost interest half way through. But, much like football matches, I never leave the cinema early. Self torture sometimes.

15 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Upgrade

Really impressed with how gutsy this film is, really bold and inventive. If you like Sci-fi give it a go

7/10

Watched it a couple of nights ago, enjoyed it more than I thought I would, 7/10 a fair score.

Ron Burgundy
16 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Upgrade

7/10

What did you watch this on? Netflix? Amazon?

16 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

looks like it is on netflix, i watched it on sky. i thought it was a good concept but could have been better. i would give it 5.5/10

rudi must stay
29 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Yes Netflix. Now watching Colossal on netflix, score later but I'm enjoying it 

Ron Burgundy

I watched Jellyfish a couple of nights ago. Watched it on IPTV but think it's also on Sky Cinema.

Really enjoyed it.

7/10.

Cheers Rudi and Milky.

Edited by Ron Burgundy

rudi must stay

Tenet

Knew I wouldn't get it at all, that's the fun with Nolan and when it hits form wow. Fans of his will love it

10/10

rudi must stay

Colossal

Majorly ran out of steam. Some good stuff in there though, if you're after an easy watch this is one 

6.5/10

rudi must stay
1 hour ago, rudi must stay said:

Colossal

Majorly ran out of steam. Some good stuff in there though, if you're after an easy watch this is one

6.5/10

On Netflix 

Got the 4K disc of Star Wars Ep IV : A New Hope - just released. Looked fantastic they did a great job remastering it.  Only shit bit was the much maligned scene of Jaba and Solo which is shocking. Don’t know what Lucas was thinking tinkering with adding that scene in

The Internet
3 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

Just watch L’Immortel. 

It’s the film around Ciro from Gamorah. 

It was not what I was expecting. I assumed it was his story before Gamorah. Whilst, it does contain a element of that, it actually commences from the end of Series 3 in a parallel to series 4 of Gamorah. 

If you like Gamorah you will enjoy. The last scene, ohh my boy. Can’t wait for series 5 when they do it. 

They better ****ing do it. Gamorah is outstanding TV and the film was very much in the same vain with a major twist for series watchers. 

:glorious:

Didn't know about that - will definitely be checking it out 👍

Went and seen Tenet today. Kind of managed to grasp the story but had little idea of who folk were and why they were there. Needed to be a tv show or something to give them more time to explain wtf is going on. Top action though. 

Eva

Film staring Jessica Chastain as a deadly hit woman.

Job goes bad and suddenly she is the target.

It's like a poor John Wick.

Also stars John Malkovich and Colin Farrell.

Give it 6/10 and that's being generous 

rudi must stay

The new mutants

Scary stuff this one but it is a good film that adds something to the trilogy. Horror fans it's worth checking out I was pretty scared I have to admit 

8/10

On 27/08/2020 at 01:02, Tazio said:

Rising Phoenix on Netflix, documentary about the paralympics. Great viewing and pushing home what disabled sports can be and are. Not ashamed to say I got tears quite a few times during it. 

An unashamed bump for this one, it really is one of the best documentaries I’ve seen for a very long time. 

Carl Fredrickson
17 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

The new mutants

Scary stuff this one but it is a good film that adds something to the trilogy. Horror fans it's worth checking out I was pretty scared I have to admit 

8/10

I watched a trailer for it and it put me off as I am a bag of nerves with horror films. My old boy would call me a big jessie. 

rudi must stay
37 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

I watched a trailer for it and it put me off as I am a bag of nerves with horror films. My old boy would call me a big jessie. 

I didn't even make it through the trailer. You can imagine my dread when I heard my brother had bought tickets. It's not as scary as the trailer, it's a wee bit teenager friendly. I'd say it's a tame horror film 

Carl Fredrickson
10 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

I didn't even make it through the trailer. You can imagine my dread when I heard my brother had bought tickets. It's not as scary as the trailer, it's a wee bit teenager friendly. I'd say it's a tame horror film 

I might pop along and see it tomorrow. I have Limitless so if I am not enjoying it I dont feel i should stay to get my moneys worth.

On 30/08/2020 at 03:47, Madjambo21 said:

Eva

Film staring Jessica Chastain as a deadly hit woman.

Job goes bad and suddenly she is the target.

It's like a poor John Wick.

Also stars John Malkovich and Colin Farrell.

Give it 6/10 and that's being generous 

I watched this the other night , it was decent with some good effects, lot's of car chases and gore but the comedy saved it for me a bit like the Marvel films. 7/10

ps. If anyone is looking for it it's actually called Ava not Eva. 👍

rudi must stay

The Meg

Bad CGI and a film that takes itself too seriously for what it is. And that's a score after seeing only half of it

5/10

luckyBatistuta
15 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

The Meg

Bad CGI and a film that takes itself too seriously for what it is. And that's a score after seeing only half of it

5/10

So would have been 10/10 then, got to see it now.

rudi must stay
46 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

So would have been 10/10 then, got to see it now.

I don't give out 10s very often in this case 5

luckyBatistuta
6 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

I don't give out 10s very often in this case 5

Well watch the rest of it and let us know

7289FA99-E78E-4774-BA29-8F63DAC72376.gif

3 hours ago, graygo said:

I watched this the other night , it was decent with some good effects, lot's of car chases and gore but the comedy saved it for me a bit like the Marvel films. 7/10

ps. If anyone is looking for it it's actually called Ava not Eva. 👍

Oops never noticed I called it the wrong name 🤦‍♂️

Also watched Peninsula (sequel to train to Busan, Korean zombie horror with subtitles) not a patch on the original.

5/10

luckyBatistuta
6 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

The Meg

What an ending 

6 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

The Meg

What an ending 

5 hours ago, Alex said:

😂

Beat me to it!

I’m gonna watch this tonight, two 10/10

a classic

1B509E21-8D38-40E1-96EE-A7053FC340AB.gif

You cannot kill David Arquette 

Mental documentary following Arquette getting back into the world of wrestling (never knew he was in WCW in 2000ish)

Not something I'd normally watch but it shows what an emotional guy he is from his family life, alcoholism and faltering career.

Not a big wrestling fan but 7/10 for me.

Carl Fredrickson

Compliance

A 2012 film that I missed. A spoof phone call to a fast food joint sets in motion one of the staff being accused of theft. The "cop" on the line is manipulative and gets people to impose authority on the accused. 

I found it quite disturbing and the fact that it is based on a true story makes it very frightening..  8/10

The Business, few years old typical gangsters in Spain thingy with Danny Geezer Dyer. Cracking 80's soundtrack.

Blue Story, about black gang life in London fighting simply because they lived in different postcodes. Wasn't too bad and didn't do down the expected excuse route of being in a gang due to lack of opportunities etc.

rudi must stay

21 Bridges

Bought and re watched this in light of Chadwick Boseman's death, RIP, incredible to think he was acting his socks of so Ill. I think I was unkind to it, it's nice to look at and he's brilliant. So it's not Oscar worthy or anything particularly new it does the job and certainly beats some of the stuff that's in cinemas at the moment

6/10

William H. Bonney

Summer of 84. 6/10

i watched this on shudder. 
4 boys become convinced their neighbour , a cop, is a serial killer. 
It has a stranger things vibe going on. Massive tonal shift in the last 20 minutes though. 

William H. Bonney

Ready or not. 8/10 

I watched this on now tv. 

A bride plays a terrifying game of hide and seek on her wedding night with her new family. 
Very funny, dark horror. 

William H. Bonney

Villain.  6/10

Now tv again. 

Craig fairbrass plays a recently released convict returning to his old ways. 
Surprisingly it’s actually pretty decent.