The Official JKB What Was The Last Film You Watched...

Guest GhostHunter

luckyBatistuta
1 hour ago, 1971fozzy said:

brilliant films. Utterly mental but absolutely tremendous. Loved them. In fact I’ll watch them tonight as it’s been too long.

Must take them a very long time to make some of those fight scenes, they’re incredible. Think I might watch the first one again now, never seen it for years either.

Shanks said no
On 11/06/2020 at 12:46, rudi must stay said:

Vox Lux

10 all the way. Give it a shot on Netflix

10/10

Not in our household, put on based on your recommendation, and It bombed. Great start but after that was a bit meh

i will give it 6/10, wife and particularly opinionated son much lower. I am not getting to choose tonight. 

Edited by The Frenchman Returns

On 23/05/2020 at 14:40, milky_26 said:

chronologically according to setting year i think it should be. i got this from an article, the only one i disagree with (but would need to watch again to confirm) i'm sure the end credit scene for the incredible hulk suggests that it is before the first ironman. General Ross says to Stark nice suit when he walks into a bar, i think that is the lead into him becoming ironman

• Captain America: The First Avenger (takes place during WWII)
  • Captain Marvel (takes place in 1995)
  • Iron Man (takes place in 2010)
  • Iron Man 2 (takes place after Iron Man)
  • The Incredible Hulk (time unspecified, pre-Avengers)
  • Thor (takes place six months before Avengers)
  • The Avengers (takes place in 2012)
  • Iron Man 3 (takes place six months after The Avengers)
  • Thor: Dark World (post-Avengers, pre-Ultron)
  • Captain America: Winter Soldier (post-Avengers, pre-Ultron)
  • Guardians of the Galaxy (sometime in 2014)
  • Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (after Guardians)
  • Avengers: Age of Ultron (takes place in 2015)
  • Ant-Man (takes place in 2015)
  • Captain America: Civil War (post-Ultron, pre-Infinity War)
  • Spider-Man: Homecoming (post-Civil War, pre-Infinity War)
  • Doctor Strange (takes place in 2016)
  • Black Panther (takes place in 2017)
  • Thor: Ragnarok (post-Ultron, pre-Infinity War)
  • Avengers: Infinity War (takes place in 2017)
  • Ant-Man and The Wasp (ambiguous, but fits nicely between IW and Endgame)
  • Avengers: Endgame (starts in 2017, finishes in 2022)
  • Spider-Man: Far From Home (post-Endgame)

I had never watched any of these films as I didn't fancy them, started watching the other night on the back of this post and must say I'm glad I have. Iron Man 2 tonight, never realised they had a comedy side to them which appeals to me. 👍

10 hours ago, Madjambo21 said:

DA 5 BLOODS

Spike Lee's latest film on Netflix is about 4 African American war vets going back to Vietnam to find buried gold they left and remember their fallen comrade.

Has a great premise for a film but it's one of the worst films I've seen on Netflix (some Turkey's in there)

Does have some interesting points on Black history but the film is poorly edited and the score just doesn't work.

2.5 hours long

2/10 defo avoid 

5/10 from me. Not terrible but not good either. 

Overweight 60+ year olds with grey hair playing themselves as 20 year olds in the flashbacks was an odd choice. 

8 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

I’ve always loved the movie Raid. 

Just finished watching Raid 2, fantastic film, that kitchen fight scene 🙀🙀🙀

Two brilliant films, definitely recommend them

Great films. Brutal violence. 

Shanks said no

Jo Jo Rabbit

8/10 

I was glad I knew so little about this before watching, all I knew was it was about a kid and Hitler. Black humour just as I like it.

Sorry we missed you

7/10

Well I knew by putting on a Ken Loach film I wouldn't have a feel good feeling. I wasn't disappointed as he exposes the gig economy and in particular white van delivery drivers. Hard watch but good.

2 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

5/10 from me. Not terrible but not good either. 

Overweight 60+ year olds with grey hair playing themselves as 20 year olds in the flashbacks was an odd choice. 

Couldn't believe that instead of getting young actors for flash back scenes they went with the old guys 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

So many flaws in the film its unreal.

Expected better from spike lee

Gone Girl

A few years old now but first time seeing it.

Really good film but the end was a little disappointing.

Moonraker, just now , I can’t be the only one thinking ffs that’s our real-time Elon Musk , dark times ahead?

Seven (1995)

What's in the box?! 

Unbelievably, the studio wanted a happy ending to this, and had to be fought to include one of the greatest endings to any film ever made. 

25 years old (!) and still magnificent. 

10/10

luckyBatistuta
On 07/06/2020 at 05:22, Tommy Brown said:

Thought them of Jarhead, too.

Way overated. (1917 also imo)

I would recommend Kajaki.

Just watched this after your recommendation. A very well made film and such a tragic story. I would definitely recommend watching it. My work have had contracts with the barracks here in Edinburgh over the years and I’ve picked up hundreds of these soldiers. It’s normally in to town for a night out, or the journey back from one. I know it’s their choice to sign up, but these soldiers risk their lives going to war zones, yet on return from them, they are treated disgustingly imo. I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve sat having a great chat with one or more heading up the town, only for the second we’ve pulled up outside the door, I’ve heard the doorman say ‘nae squaddies’. This happens all over the city centre to them, It’s a disgrace. Yes some of them cause trouble, but that’s just the same as anyone in the town centre for a night out. You can’t just go assuming they are all trouble makers. I’ve not had one single problem with any of them, better behaved than your average joe up there. After doing some googling and reading about the film, I came across something that has angered me though.  For years I’ve worn a Help for Heroes band and a Our Local Heroes Foundation band. I’ve just read online that the guy behind the latter was abusing this trust for personal gain😡🤬

I’ve just watched Pale Rider on ITV4, an often overlooked Clint Eastwood western in my opinion. In a lot of ways a follow up to Shane and a precursor to Unforgiven. 

30:30 Lance off BT sport.

2 parter about Lance Armstrong. First time I’ve seen him even remotely remorseful towards anyone involved.

Very complicated and driven guy and still very unlikeable.

Good watch though. 

On 11/06/2020 at 12:46, rudi must stay said:

Vox Lux

10 all the way. Give it a shot on Netflix

10/10

Watched this based on your 10/10. 

I’d give it a 6/10 if I was being generous. I found it generally a bit pointless, meandering,  and paint by numbers. And for some reason was hugely annoyed by the fact that 16 years of stardom seems to mysteriously give you a thick New York accent out of nowhere. 

luckyBatistuta

A Guide to Recognizing Your Saints (2006)

Quite a few stars in this...Robert Downey Jr, Channing Tatum, Shia LaBeouf, Chazz Palmintiri and....Martin Compston

A coming of age film set in New York, I really enjoyed this, some top performances in it. 

8/10

Make sure you continue to watch after the titles

rudi must stay

Night Hunter

Decent thriller. I thought it was well made and had a better script than I expected for really a B movie 

7/10

My Spy

Pretty good.  Fun and entertaining spy comedy, kids and adults will enjoy it equally but don't go in with Vox Lux expectations 

7/10 

Disser Pointon

Cardboard gangsters - can't make my mind up about it, lead actor was decent (ringer for the departed Brad Walsh imo!), dialogue was difficult to follow. 6.5/10.

Lone Survivor - seen it before but decent watch, I like Wahlberg. 8/10.

Ron Burgundy
On ‎11‎/‎06‎/‎2020 at 17:34, rudi must stay said:

Lion

Couldn't give you a detailed score, on in the backround. But this seemed pretty good with a good performance by Dev Patel

7/10

If you don't greet at this film then you are a robot.

It would be helpful if people mentioned in their reviews where the films are available. I realise a lot do but it would be nice if it was an across the board thing. 

Edited by Tazio

Ron Burgundy
2 hours ago, Tazio said:

It would be helpful if people mentioned in their reviews where the films are available. I realise a lot do but it would be nice if it was an across the board thing. 

Thought that many times. Helpful to know whether I have zero chance of watching it before searching Netflix or Amazon.

luckyBatistuta
5 hours ago, Tazio said:

I watch some on Netflix and Amazon, but even though I have a sub with them, I find myself using @jack D and coke  Plex app more...great value for money and also great quality and choice👌

jack D and coke
3 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

I watch some on Netflix and Amazon, but even though I have a sub with them, I find myself using @jack D and coke  Plex app more...great value for money and also great quality and choice👌

Cheers mate. 
Just found that Kajaki movie you mentioned in there. 
If anyone wants a trial of the Plex server just ask. Just need an android device, firestick etc. Over 17k movies and 7k tv shows on it. 
Updated daily. 

rudi must stay
8 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Night Hunter

Decent thriller. I thought it was well made and had a better script than I expected for really a B movie. On Netflix  

8 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

7/10

My Spy

Pretty good.  Fun and entertaining spy comedy, kids and adults will enjoy it equally but don't go in with Vox Lux expectations. On prime 

7/10 

Carl Fredrickson

Stumbled upon this on Amazon. I hadnt heard of it, it is from 2013.

It is about the racial integration of American professional baseball by player Jackie Robinson. True story from the 1940s. 

Really enjoyed it 8/10

William H. Bonney

Coherence- 8/10

watched this on Amazon prime. 
Strange things begin to happen when a group of friends gather for a dinner party on an evening when a comet is passing overhead.

William H. Bonney

Coherence- 8/10

Strange things begin to happen when a group of friends gather for a dinner party on an evening when a comet is passing overhead.

Weakened Offender
On 16/06/2020 at 22:11, Furious Styles said:

Coherence- 8/10

I thought it was really clever and enjoyed it immensely. 

Prisoners. Watched this again with my gf who hadn’t seen it before. Subject matter terrifying to anyone who’s a parent but an excellent film with Hugh Jackman outstanding as the frantic parent driven to do brutal things after his daughter disappears. 

Shanks said no

Tell Me Who I Am

10/10

Now its 24 hours since I watched this and back then I probably would have given it a strong 8, but I just can't get it out of my head. DO NOT RESEARCH BEFORE WATCHING. Its a feature length documentary, available on Netflix. Identical twins, aged 18 and one has a serious motorbike crash. Wakes up only recognising his brother, no one and nothing else. So he starts to piece his life-story together, with his brothers help.

10 hours ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Tell Me Who I Am

10/10

Now its 24 hours since I watched this and back then I probably would have given it a strong 8, but I just can't get it out of my head. DO NOT RESEARCH BEFORE WATCHING. Its a feature length documentary, available on Netflix. Identical twins, aged 18 and one has a serious motorbike crash. Wakes up only recognising his brother, no one and nothing else. So he starts to piece his life-story together, with his brothers help.

Saw this a while back. Incredible and really grim story. 

JudyJudyJudy
On 08/06/2020 at 09:23, Carl Fredrickson said:

Hugh Grant is an actor that I have grown to really like. Paddington 2 he steals the show and as you say,  he is superb in The Gentleman. Makes me wonder why he did so many romcoms when he is so much better than them. Probably down to money or happy earning an easy buck but he has impressed me in more recent films.

Watched Malifecent and the sequal with the kids over the weekend and I enjoyed them far more than a 50 year old should. 

Yes ive grown to really like him too. Paddington 2 was terrific. Hysterical in fact.  He is also great in the tv mini series " A Very British Scandal" about Jeremy Thorpe who tried to bump off an ex lover. Id recommend it as its also very funny in a very British way. 

Shanks said no

Eurovision Song Contest: The Story of Fire Saga 

8/10

I needed this film, I could feel the black dog approaching and this film really helped cheer me up. Its Ferrell, its Eurovision, its Edinburgh being wonderful and its Brosnan being the new Brosnan. I am still smiling.

Available on Netflix

Shanks said no

Freaks

5.5/10

Odd film, some people are developing supernatural powers, the freaks, and their powers are growing unless "controlled". Centring around a 7 year old girl. Interesting enough and a bit different.

Available on Netflix

Watched the Eurovision film last night. It was alright. Funny to see them chuck the Hydro down the bottom of Chamber Street (think it was there). If only.

6/10 easy background viewing. If it wasn't set in Edinburgh that bumps it down to 5.

Also impressive they never had a single Scottish person in the film.

Tommy Brown

An enjoyable football theme film on BBC2 Wed 9pm (1/7/20)

Marvellous.

Toby Jones plays real life Neil Baldwin a limited intelligence Stoke City fan, who Lou Macari takes on as a Kitman. And he actually takes part briefly in Gordon Cowan's testimonial, you'll cry with laughter.

Funny and touching film.

21 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

An enjoyable football theme film on BBC2 Wed 9pm (1/7/20)

Marvellous.

Toby Jones plays real life Neil Baldwin a limited intelligence Stoke City fan, who Lou Macari takes on as a Kitman. And he actually takes part briefly in Gordon Cowan's testimonial, you'll cry with laughter.

Funny and touching film.

It’s a fantastic film. The biggest compliment I can give it is that people I know who hate football all loved it. 

Yesterday

8/10

Wasn’t expecting a great deal but really enjoyed it.

Edited by iantjambo

5 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Den Of Thieves

Excellent film. Best I've seen Butler in anything

7/10

Have you seen Law abiding Citizen? 

Samuel Camazzola
On 29/06/2020 at 16:55, rudi must stay said:

Den Of Thieves

7/10

I enjoyed it too. Good shoot-out scene in it. 

On 29/06/2020 at 20:54, iantjambo said:

Yesterday

8/10

Wasn’t expecting a great deal but really enjoyed it.

thought it was really good. Recommended

Madjambo21
On 29/06/2020 at 16:55, rudi must stay said:

Den Of Thieves

7/10

On 29/06/2020 at 22:50, ri Alban said:

Have you seen Law abiding Citizen? 

Just watched Rock'n'rolla on Netflix.

Always wished they made a sequel.

Can't beat a bit if 300 also