The Official JKB What Was The Last Film You Watched...

Guest GhostHunter

Carl Fredrickson

The Invisible Man. Very good watch. Lots of tension in the first half with the second part more enjoyable for me. 7/10

rudi must stay

True Story

Rubbish. So slow and a film lacking any warmth at all. Obviously not cheery material but that underlines a poor film in my opinion 

5/10

The Platform

New film on Netflix, Spanish language with subtitles. Thought it was really good, a prison movie of sorts featuring cannibalism amongst other delights. The ending didnt quite match the punch of the rest of the film but, overall, i really enjoyed it. 

8/10. 

luckyBatistuta

The Hunt

12 people awake unaware of their whereabouts and being hunted by some rich folks.

A couple of decent wipeout scenes and some early promise (also on the Bristol front)  but everything ended up in a big letdown 😞

rudi must stay
Just now, hughesie27 said:

It Follows.

Thought it was great on the first viewing years ago. 

Pretty shit now.

Tame horror.

Agree it is nothing special 

rudi must stay

Hobbs and Shaw

The Idris Elba show as usual, what an actor. Fresh and energetic film too with plenty of humour and a nice soundtrack

8/10 (I didn't expect a fast and furious to be this good)

rudi must stay
On 03/03/2020 at 11:59, Judge Fudge said:

Gemini Man - Absolutely honking Will Smith effort   1/10                                                                                                                                                     

In hindsight I'd say 5

On 12/03/2020 at 23:21, Madjambo21 said:

I will save you 90 mins and tell you the latest GRUDGE movie is so.

Loved the original and the Sarah Michelle Gellar one

I loved the Sarah Michelle Gellar version. Saw it in the cinema with the then gf. She spent half the film holding on to me. We both must have jumped at least half a dozen times during the film. Needless to say I scored in the end because she didn't want to go home on her own. :dribble:

6 hours ago, Marvin said:

I loved the Sarah Michelle Gellar version. Saw it in the cinema with the then gf. She spent half the film holding on to me. We both must have jumped at least half a dozen times during the film. Needless to say I scored in the end because she didn't want to go home on her own. :dribble:

That must have put the Willie's right up her 

Le Mans 66. Really good film and a couple of fantastic performances from Damon and Bale, Bale in particular. A few historical inaccuracies that only geek like me would notice but not enough to spoil it for me.

Spoiler

I have to admit as a historic motorsports nut I watched the whole thing with a slight feeling of dread knowing what happened to Ken Miles.

rudi must stay

Cool Runnings - upbeat sports film. Big American comedian impressed me with his acting

7/10

Remember the Titans

Quite a meh film, very serious and nothing new as a film. Always like Denzel though, fantastic actor

6/10

Carl Fredrickson
6 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Cool Runnings - upbeat sports film. Big American comedian impressed me with his acting

7/10

Remember the Titans

Quite a meh film, very serious and nothing new as a film. Always like Denzel though, fantastic actor

6/10

Have you got Disney+?

Carl Fredrickson
30 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Top notch

Recommend it

Great value for £50 for the year. Kids love it and I am watching stuff too.

Just finished Up! Best animated film iI have seen 10/10

rudi must stay
7 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

Great value for £50 for the year. Kids love it and I am watching stuff too.

Just finished Up! Best animated film iI have seen 10/10

Cool

Yes Up is faultless

I liked the film Brave starring Kelly McDonald if you haven't seen it, not many people did 

Carl Fredrickson
3 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Cool

Yes Up is faultless

I liked the film Brave starring Kelly McDonald if you haven't seen it, not many people did 

Brave is quite underrated. So many funny bits. My daughter loves it. Since the early Pixar movies there arent many animations that we havent seen. Coco is another favourite. I am always in bits at the end of it. 

Im enjoying some of the docs on it and look forward to watching a lot of the older Disney stuff I saw when I was young or havent seen. 

24 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Cool

Yes Up is faultless

Brave is a good laugh. I attended the world premiere (flash bassa) and everybody loved it, I was surprised it didn’t do better. 

rudi must stay
39 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Brave is a good laugh. I attended the world premiere (flash bassa) and everybody loved it, I was surprised it didn’t do better. 

IIRC it felt like a B movie compared to other Pixar releases marketing wise 

Edited by rudi must stay

Le Mans 66 

what a great film. Really enjoyed watching it. Anyone got a decent sound set up is in for a treat as well as it sounds incredible in 7.1

jack D and coke

Watched a couple last few days. 
The Hunt. Starts well and fades a little but decent enough way to kill an hour and half 7/10

The Gentlemen. Really enjoyed, good cast Hugh Grant really good in it 9/10

ps Anybody looking for a Video on demand service to help pass the time gives a shout. Works on any device. Thousands of movies, new and classic. Loads of tv shows too. 

bloodshot 6/10 reasonable film that passed the time. but seemed to rehash old storylines. i have heard it is valiant comics trying to start their own cinematic universe

Mark of the Devil

New to Netflix, this Mexico based possession/exorcism fiasco is bad, really bad. 

2/10 (cinematography was good) 

jack D and coke

Villain 7/10

Craig Fairbrass of Rise of Footsoldier fame. 
You know what to expect I’d imagine but it’s decent enough. 

Anna. Another Luc Benson film based around a glamorous but deadly female main character. 

He really has jumped the shark and his films now are just the same themes rehashed and are all about how they look and not really decent content. 
5/10 it would be lower but the action sequences are very well done. 

luckyBatistuta
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

True Romance is on Sony Movies Channel at 9pm tonight. 

9/10

Great cast and plucky story. 

Best film …EVER!!!

Capernaum

7/10

Really bleak film about a 12 year old kid living in extreme poverty in Beirut and how he wound up in prison. 

The Last Full Measure

Wonderful true story about Airman William H. Pitsenbarger, his heroics during the Vietnam war and why he wasnt awarded a posthumous medal of honour. 

Well acted and treated sensitively, not only about the airman himself, but the effect on those he touched, saved and on their lives beyond the war. 

Loved it. 9/10. 

luckyBatistuta

Animator

A man finds out he can change the past and the future just by drawing it.

Quite possibly the worst film I’ve ever seen.

1/10

Unknown user
On 27/03/2020 at 02:16, rudi must stay said:

7/10

Remember the Titans

6/10

1769143012-tumblr_m133uaMzfa1qkgky8o1_50

On 30/03/2020 at 18:19, Mikey1874 said:

True Romance is on Sony Movies Channel at 9pm tonight. 

9/10

Great cast and plucky story. 

One of my very favourite films, just glorious!

I like you Clarence, always have, always will.

Shanks said no

I, Tonya

7/10

Excellent black comedy about the Tonya Harding story on Netflix. Gave it a very strong 7 as unusually all the family liked it and the black humour was just what we needed. Also brutal and sad at the same time.

Ford v Ferrari - 9/10 Excellent (esp. Christian Bale)

21 Bridges - 6.5/10 Nothing new, but entertaining enough

15 hours ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

I, Tonya

7/10

Excellent black comedy about the Tonya Harding story on Netflix. Gave it a very strong 7 as unusually all the family liked it and the black humour was just what we needed. Also brutal and sad at the same time.

Watched it a while back not expecting much but really enjoyed it. Margot Robbie was excellent as Harding.