The Official JKB What Was The Last Film You Watched...

Guest GhostHunter

Carl Fredrickson

A Beautiful Day In The Neighbourhood. A wonderful feel good film with Tom Hanks excellent as Fred Rogers. Based on a true story, I had to Google to find out who Fred Rogers was. A very enjoyable film that may fly under the radar of many 

Rhythm Section

Started brightly and promised much BUT about half an hour in it started to deteriorate. 5/10

Watched the BAFTAs last night. 
possibly the unfunniest jokes cracked by everyone in the earths history. WTF was Graham Norton smoking ? Crucified The Irishman in his opening ramblings when Pacino and DeNiro were there positively raging. As for Gillian Anderson’s attempt at humour 😂😂😂

Joaquim Phoenix deservedly winning best actor but fek me what a rambling speech. Think I’m done with these award shows tbh.

only saving grace was Scarlett Johansson who looked edible

rudi must stay

Ladybird

Excellent film. Kept my attention from start to finish and had a very good script. Worth watching on Netflix 

8/10

Ordered Joker on amazon a few weeks ago and it got delivered this afternoon by courier for some reason (meant to be out the morn). Nice surprise. So watched it tonight (saw it at the cinema and loved it). Even better second time round. Utterly fascinating but  a dark dark film. Loved it.

** For anyone who has a 4k telly and player your in for a treat if you get the 4k disc.  Looks amazing

Edited by 1971fozzy

chester copperpot
46 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Ordered Joker on amazon a few weeks ago and it got delivered this afternoon by courier for some reason (meant to be out the morn). Nice surprise. So watched it tonight (saw it at the cinema and loved it). Even better second time round. Utterly fascinating but  a dark dark film. Loved it.

** For anyone who has a 4k telly and player your in for a treat if you get the 4k disc.  Looks amazing

I saw it the first time when I was on honeymoon with the wife :lol:

watched it 4 times now and it just gets better and better

luckyBatistuta
31 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

The Joker on your honeymoon🙀

you still married😬

chester copperpot
2 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

The Joker on your honeymoon🙀

you still married😬

Haha, it was the Mrs who wanted to go see it.

We only went to Aberdeen as had ran out of money saving for the wedding :)

luckyBatistuta
3 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

Haha, it was the Mrs who wanted to go see it.

We only went to Aberdeen as had ran out of money saving for the wedding :)

😀

so it was cost cutting why I never received my invitation 🤬

luckyBatistuta
On 15/01/2020 at 16:23, AndyNic said:

Uncut Gems. Loved it! Great acting (believe it or not) from Adam Sandler.

I'd give it a solid 8/10.

Just watched this. Thought it was brilliant and a top notch performance from Adam Sandler in a role completely different from any other I’ve seen him in. I know some folk don’t like him or his movies, but don’t be put off. Give it a watch, you’ll not be disappointed.

9/10

Edited by luckyBatistuta

Carl Fredrickson
3 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Just watched this. Thought it was brilliant and a top notch performance from Adam Sandler in a role completely different from any other I’ve seen him in. I know some folk don’t like him or his movies, but don’t be put off. Give it a watch, you’ll not be disappointed.

9/10

I would agree with this. 

Birds of Prey - Funny, violent, Margot Robbie - what isnt to like about this? Not a huge fan of comic book films but I much prefer DCs most recent ones to the Marvel ones 7/10

rudi must stay

Birds of Prey

Decent watch. Something different DC wise and it worked better than Suicide Squad, I thought Margot Robbie put in a good shift acting wise as well (full of energy) not the take the money flat performance I expected. Ewan McGregor not bad either as Black Mask

7/10

rudi must stay

Gemini Man

Good looking movie, I felt that was Will Smith's best effort and that was great to watch but it's an odd script and I found the humour unnecessary and it didn't always hit the mark. By the way want a drinking game watch Gemini Man, and have a drink any time Will Smith does

6/10

rudi must stay
On 10/02/2020 at 00:30, chester copperpot said:

I agree and there's things I notice every time that change it dramatically. It's a film that makes you think

chester copperpot
9 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

I agree and there's things I notice every time that change it dramatically. It's a film that makes you think

Watched it with my lad 2 nights ago and it seems to get darker every time I watch it.

The scene with his 2 work colleagues when they come to visit just gets better and better (tho wont spoil it for those who havent seen it) 

Carl Fredrickson
2 hours ago, chester copperpot said:

Watched it with my lad 2 nights ago and it seems to get darker every time I watch it.

The scene with his 2 work colleagues when they come to visit just gets better and better (tho wont spoil it for those who havent seen it) 

Loved it. Lot of tension in a small area. 

How old is your son CC? My son is desperate to watch it but my gut feeling is "no". Loads of his pals have seen it and I feel a bit sad for him. 

rudi must stay
8 hours ago, chester copperpot said:

Spoiler

Also love De Niro's line "what do you want to be a leader of a movement" "no not at all"

2 mins later he shoots him and is a leader of an uprising

Great part of the film 

chester copperpot
6 hours ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

Loved it. Lot of tension in a small area. 

How old is your son CC? My son is desperate to watch it but my gut feeling is "no". Loads of his pals have seen it and I feel a bit sad for him. 

18 mate. 

Carl Fredrickson

Sonic The Hedgehog. Kids have been looking forward to this for a while and to be honest, it was a lot better than I feared. Jim Carrey is very good as the baddie. 5/10

Really struggling for what to go to see this week at the Odeon. First time in 18 months that there hasnt been something I want to see. 

Carl Fredrickson
15 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

He loved the joker lol

My son would too. He has seen bits of it on Youtube at his mums and knows most of the story but theres a couple of scenes that make me want to say "no" to him until he is at least 12. 

rudi must stay

The Goldfinch

This film was a decent suprise as I didn't expect much. Decent thriller with a good soundtrack, good pacing I thought and had some decent performances, the lead kid is pretty good. Not bad

7/10 

8 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

What an achievement. It is above a mark, gorgeous. It's what Dunkirk should have been imo

I saw "1917" this evening and thoroughly enjoyed it.  Good acting, plenty of suspense, great cinematography. The story line was a bit improbable a couple of times, but that didn't detract from the film.

"Dunkirk"  was a disappointment to me, and is not in the same league.

6 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

The Goldfinch

This film was a decent suprise as I didn't expect much. Decent thriller with a good soundtrack, good pacing I thought and had some decent performances, the lead kid is pretty good. Not bad

7/10 

Just read the book last year. I had no idea there was a film out. 

rudi must stay

Jojo Rabbit

Love History and love this film. It is hilarious and very inventive and creative, it is also very nicely shot 

10/10

Dragged Across Concrete

7.5/10

"Police partners descend into the criminal underworld after they are suspended for assaulting a suspect on video." 

Dark, long and very violent crime thriller from the director of Bone Tomahawk. Enjoyed this and, despite not usually being in a fan of his, I must say Mel Gibson was excellent in it. 

2 hours ago, LeftBack said:

Just watched joker. Stunning. What a performance. 

Just what I came on to post. A truly remarkable piece of film making and Joaquin Phoenix is astonishingly good in it. 

rudi must stay
3 hours ago, Tazio said:

Just what I came on to post. A truly remarkable piece of film making and Joaquin Phoenix is astonishingly good in it. 

Spoiler

Ledger beats him for me, acting wise Ledger was something else. But when he has to pull it out the bag he does

3 hours ago, rudi must stay said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Ledger beats him for me, acting wise Ledger was something else. But when he has to pull it out the bag he does

I disagree entirely. It was a good performance by Ledger but a lot more one dimensional. It’s an unpopular statement but people’s opinions are swayed by his death and a lot of the myths that have built up about the part and his approach to it. 

rudi must stay
6 hours ago, Tazio said:

I disagree entirely. It was a good performance by Ledger but a lot more one dimensional. It’s an unpopular statement but people’s opinions are swayed by his death and a lot of the myths that have built up about the part and his approach to it. 

There's no myths, he worked hard for it. He was unbelievable in it, incredible every scene every second. One dimensional because he was evil, perhaps, but actings acting and it's all about not breaking character and he never did that. Just my opinion, it's up there with Ben Kingsley in Sexy Beast. 

I’ve just watched Hitting The Apex a documentary about MotoGP racing. Very well made with some great footage and access to the riders featured. There is a very moving segment about Marco Simoncelli but I have to say I was a bit shocked that they actually showed his fatal crash and the camera shots of him lying dead on the track after his helmet had been ripped off in the impact. I remember how shocked I was watching it live and didn’t feel any need to ever see it again. 

Disser Pointon

A Beautiful Day in the Neighbourhood.

You would flick past this based on the blurb other than the fact it has Tom Hanks and someone recommended it in this thread. Have to admit I enjoyed it, Hanks, as per usual, is very wathcable. 8/10.

21 BRIDGES

Decent film about a drug heist that ends up with numerous dead cops with the suspects on the run and trapped on Manhattan island while the cops close in on them.

Chadwick Boseman (Black panther)

Sienna Miller

Jk Simmons and Taylor kitsch all star

7.5/10

Carl Fredrickson
1 hour ago, Bleedsmaroon said:

A Beautiful Day in the Neighbourhood.

You would flick past this based on the blurb other than the fact it has Tom Hanks and someone recommended it in this thread. Have to admit I enjoyed it, Hanks, as per usual, is very wathcable. 8/10.

I think it might have been me that recommended it. 

The part with the LOOOOOOOONG silence - most unusual in a film. 

chester copperpot
On 02/12/2019 at 08:54, Lovecraft said:

Copied from my post on the Once Upon a Time in Hollywood thread, so it was Once Upon a Time in Hollywood

Just finished watching it.

Meh!

Could quite easily have never watched it and not missed out on anything.  I mean it was fine, I enjoyed it, but it's still meh!

6/10

Watched it yesterday for the first time.

Though DiCaprio and Pitt were good but defo not one of Tarantinos best. Bit too slow and awffy long for me.

6/10 also

chester copperpot

Dark Waters.

About a guy who takes on a large pharmaceutical company who has been poisoning local residents.

Wont spoil the rest but was pretty decent

7/10

Also watched Jumanji, the next level. A few laughs but not great. 6/10

Rock was good in it tho. As was Kevin Hart

Carl Fredrickson

The Call of the Wild. Very good family movie though the CGI was a bit strange at times as the animals seemed to show human emotions. 7/10

rudi must stay
On 21/02/2020 at 19:09, chester copperpot said:

Jexi - about a guy who has a phone that can think for itself.

Yip, it was as shite as it sounded 4/10

Michael Pena's in that too. Good actor but he's picking lots of duds these days 

Carl Fredrickson

Parasite

I loved this film. It will not be to everyones taste but i thought it was great. It is over 2 hours long, has subtitles (which I struggle with) but I didnt want it to end. 

Well directed with a good story and a bit of an emotional roller coaster. 

9/10