The Official JKB What Was The Last Film You Watched...

Guest GhostHunter

rudi must stay
2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

For me he over acted and tried too hard.  I guess it comes down to no-one will ever be Freddie so seeing someone impersonate him for 2 hours just irritated me.  They tried to cram significant Queen events into a film almost gratuitously. 

Goodfellows really actually is.  Poor storyline that stays strong by just overhype.  Used to like it but watched it recently and realised it is actually a bit shite.

Goodfellows? You mean Goodfellas

Fantastic film. I like film editing and that movie is edited fantastically. The way the music goes with the film is incredible and spot on. Scorcese is a genius at times

BR pulled the wool over my eyes, I will admit that. Perhaps it was the music and the upbeat tone, a rare thing these days but yes he does overact and actually plays Freddie Mercury as if he was a total oddball, obviously not the case

Just now, rudi must stay said:

Goodfellows? You mean Goodfellas

Fantastic film. I like film editing and that movie is edited fantastically. The way the music goes with the film is incredible and spot on. Scorcese is a genius at times

BR pulled the wool over my eyes, I will admit that. Perhaps it was the music and the upbeat tone, a rare thing these days but yes he does overact and actually plays Freddie Mercury as if he was a total oddball, obviously not the case

Yeah, obviously I do.

Soundtrack is good, especially because it plays a George Harrison track which is always nice.

The BR hype leaves me incredulous.  I genuinely believe people are just telling themselves they liked it due to the fact it is Queen.  When it came out people were competing to see who liked it more as if a case of keeping up with the Joneses.  It is social media I tell you, hyped it up and the humanbots just nod acceptingly.

I know I am a miserable ******* but the film was diabolically bad.  It was a complete cringefest from them clapping to we will rock you in the studio, to Freddie talking about Live Aid (pre concert) to them sitting in the studio with the record exec.

If I was to rate Bohemian Rhapsody out of a trillion I’d give it 5.

rudi must stay
6 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Yeah, obviously I do.

Soundtrack is good, especially because it plays a George Harrison track which is always nice.

The BR hype leaves me incredulous.  I genuinely believe people are just telling themselves they liked it due to the fact it is Queen.  When it came out people were competing to see who liked it more as if a case of keeping up with the Joneses.  It is social media I tell you, hyped it up and the humanbots just nod acceptingly.

I know I am a miserable ******* but the film was diabolically bad.  It was a complete cringefest from them clapping to we will rock you in the studio, to Freddie talking about Live Aid (pre concert) to them sitting in the studio with the record exec.

Ye I'd hated it too. 'i always liked queen' I heard tons

Especially younger people. Bet they didn't bother with queen's last album, I compare it in a way to Dunkirk. Dunkirk's better but people went mad for it just due to the camera angles and sound, that could have been better too

1 minute ago, rudi must stay said:

Ye I'd hated it too. 'i always liked queen' I heard tons

Especially younger people. Bet they didn't bother with queen's last album, I compare it in a way to Dunkirk. Dunkirk's better but people went mad for it just due to the camera angles and sound, that could have been better too

Yup, all the sheep would have left the cinema and went right on to spotify.  Can't wait to go through it all again with 'Rocket Man'

The Danish Girl should be eternally grateful for Bohemian Rhapsody as until the moment BR came out the Danish Girl was the biggest pile of cimematic excrement there has ever been (imo).  It is now the second.

rudi must stay
3 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Yup, all the sheep would have left the cinema and went right on to spotify.  Can't wait to go through it all again with 'Rocket Man'

Wouldn't be suprise if people dress up for that.

Could be some screenings of Mamma Mia all over again

Judge Fudge
3 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

:rofl:somebody gets it :thumb:

Great movie and banging theme tune, the sequel takes the cheese factor to a whole new level?

luckyBatistuta
2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Yeah, obviously I do.

I constantly go on about the sheep culture...oh, this movie is amazing’, oh yes, isn’t it just fantastic, when it’s just a totally bang average movie experience. It’s also the same with things like restaurants...oh, this restaurant is to die for, oh yes, it’s my favourite, just fabulous...nauseating stuff at times, etc. I feel that way about movies like Trainspotting and Reservoir Dogs, two seriously overrated films imo. I’m not a big Queen fan and never have been, but i do like some of their music. I might not have enjoyed the film as much, if it hadn’t been for the soundtrack, but as a whole, I enjoyed it. I was impressed with the portrayal of Freddie by Rami, as I think Freddie was a bit of a quirky extrovert type character.

luckyBatistuta
6 minutes ago, Judge Fudge said:

Great movie and banging theme tune, the sequel takes the cheese factor to a whole new level?

:notworthy:

On 20/03/2019 at 18:43, luckyBatistuta said:

I constantly go on about the sheep culture...oh, this movie is amazing’, oh yes, isn’t it just fantastic, when it’s just a totally bang average movie experience. It’s also the same with things like restaurants...oh, this restaurant is to die for, oh yes, it’s my favourite, just fabulous...nauseating stuff at times, etc. I feel that way about movies like Trainspotting and Reservoir Dogs, two seriously overrated films imo. I’m not a big Queen fan and never have been, but i do like some of their music. I might not have enjoyed the film as much, if it hadn’t been for the soundtrack, but as a whole, I enjoyed it. I was impressed with the portrayal of Freddie by Rami, as I think Freddie was a bit of a quirky extrovert type character.

Excuse me? Reservoir Dogs is brilliant, as is most of Tarantinos work. Pulp Fiction however, now there is an overrated film. Watched it once, have no intention to do so again although some clips do get the YouTube treatment now and then. 

Agree pretty much word for word with your summary of Bohemian Rhapsody though for whatever that's worth 

Unknown user
15 minutes ago, Thommo414 said:

Excuse me? Reservoir Dogs is brilliant, as is most of Tarantinos work. Pulp Fiction however, now there is an overrated film. Watched it once, have no intention to do so again although some clips do get the YouTube treatment now and then. 

Agree pretty much word for word with your summary of Bohemian Rhapsody though for whatever that's worth 

Tarantino's ridiculously over rated for me, he goes out of his way to shock and to show how clever he is but his dialogue's generally awful and unnatural, and his story lines are very one dimensional. Irvine Welsh is the same, popular beyond his abilities IMO.

Tommy Brown
On 20/03/2019 at 15:53, i8hibsh said:

The Danish Girl should be eternally grateful for Bohemian Rhapsody as until the moment BR came out the Danish Girl was the biggest pile of cimematic excrement there has ever been (imo).  It is now the second.

:lol:

On 21/03/2019 at 22:19, Smithee said:

Tarantino's ridiculously over rated for me, he goes out of his way to shock and to show how clever he is but his dialogue's generally awful and unnatural, and his story lines are very one dimensional. Irvine Welsh is the same, popular beyond his abilities IMO.

THIS in spades. I will however give the exception of Pulp Fiction which I think is a really good film. As for Irvine Welsh, since when was "Aye, ah ken ya radg" and "I glessed the *****" literature?

chester copperpot

I8's film critiquing is a bit like his Hearts analysis.

Good fellas is an amazing film and stands the test of time perfectly.

I agree about Malik. I didn't like his performance and thought the guy who played Brian May was way better than him.

Anyway I digress. Watched Stan and Ollie yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed it. 7/10 and the acting by both leads was superp IMO.

Disser Pointon

Alita Battle Angel. Don't know what to make of it, visually very good but the story was a bit all over the place and it was a poor ending. 7/10. 

On 20/03/2019 at 12:51, luckyBatistuta said:

Goodfellas is shite :bolt:

Thought Rami Malek put in a fantastic performance as Freddie too.

I put it on a couple of weeks ago and turned it off. Loved back in the 90s. Now, well...

On 20/03/2019 at 12:43, i8hibsh said:

Goodfellas – Not seen it in about 20 years, nostalgia makes me like it but in reality it is actually a pretty shite film imo.  So overrated.

4ee.gif

The Changeling (1980)

8/10

Not seen this one in years, still freaks me out though.

Really good psychological horror, that’s aged pretty well.

The Dirt. 10/10. If you’re a Motley fan you’ll love it. By way of contrast Rise of the Krays. Right up there with the very worst films Ive ever seen. Terrible

Edited by Jamhammer

Just a heads up that Under The Skin is on Film 4 tonight at 11.25pm.

While it does have some competition, even with Scarlett Johansson naked at various times it's the worst film I've ever seen.

0/10

Carl Fredrickson
18 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

The Dirt. 10/10. If you’re a Motley fan you’ll love it. By way of contrast Rise of the Krays. Right up there with the very worst films Ive ever seen. Terrible

Not familiar with MC but watched it and really enjoyed it. Dont know how much was true but it is well worth a watch. 

Carl Fredrickson

Get Out. Watched this on Netflix as I was thinking of going to see Us tomorrow. Another good watch which has encouraged me to go to see Us. 7/10

William H. Bonney
2 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

Get Out. Watched this on Netflix as I was thinking of going to see Us tomorrow. Another good watch which has encouraged me to go to see Us. 7/10

Don't be fooled. Us was average at best. A great build up but a disappointing finale. 

Carl Fredrickson
2 minutes ago, Dino Velvet said:

Don't be fooled. Us was average at best. A great build up but a disappointing finale. 

Argh! I have Odeon Limitless so might go anyway. 

William H. Bonney
Just now, Carl Fredrickson said:

Argh! I have Odeon Limitless so might go anyway. 

Still go and see it. It has some great moments. I just felt let down with the 2nd half. 

I do like the films Jordan peele is doing though. A different take on the horror genre. 

4 hours ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

Not familiar with MC but watched it and really enjoyed it. Dont know how much was true but it is well worth a watch. 

The book is brilliant. Would recommend. One of the most honest books about a rock band I've ever read

Carl Fredrickson
11 hours ago, Dino Velvet said:

Still go and see it. It has some great moments. I just felt let down with the 2nd half. 

I do like the films Jordan peele is doing though. A different take on the horror genre. 

Not a huge fan of horror but Get Out felt like a Hitchcock movie. Will give Us a go (might be Monday before I get to see it) as i liked the way Get Out was done. 

Judge Fudge

Dragged over Concrete. Mel Gibson and Vince Vaughn play two suspended cops that receive a tip off about a heist and decide to take it down themselves. Great understated performances from Gibson and Vaughn 9/10

luckyBatistuta

Watched Clint Eastwood in The Mule last night. It’s a slow film that never picks up the pace, but it does have some funny moments. I thought it was alright, nothing really great about it. 

7/10

luckyBatistuta
1 hour ago, Judge Fudge said:

Dragged over Concrete. Mel Gibson and Vince Vaughn play two suspended cops that receive a tip off about a heist and decide to take it down themselves. Great understated performances from Gibson and Vaughn 9/10

Was between this, Laurel and Hardy and the film above last night. Sounds like I might have made the wrong choice.

William H. Bonney
2 hours ago, Judge Fudge said:

Where did you see this? 

Judge Fudge
1 hour ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Was between this, Laurel and Hardy and the film above last night. Sounds like I might have made the wrong choice.

Its more dialogue driven rather than all out action and has a quirky feel to it .Directed by the same guy that did Bone Tomahawk

luckyBatistuta
Just now, Judge Fudge said:

Its more dialogue driven rather than all out action and has a quirky feel to it .Directed by the same guy that did Bone Tomahawk

Never seen that either.

Disser Pointon
On 28/03/2019 at 11:52, Judge Fudge said:

Plan to watch this tonight. Was between that and the Mule but reviews above would suggest this is the one to go with.

Carl Fredrickson

The Highwayman on Netflix. Kevin Costner and Woody Harlson play two former Texas Rangers who are tasked with trying to stop Bonny & Clyde. Very good film which I enjoyed a lot 9/10

Ideal Home - Steve Coogan and Paul Rudd are a not so happy couple but the unexpected arrival of Coogans grandson to stay with them changes things. Not worth the time to watch  2/10

Going to see Dumbo today - will report back later

Carl Fredrickson

Dumbo. Watched it with the kids today and it was spectacular (might not be that if I were to watch it on my own). 9/10

rudi must stay

Red Eye

Decent thriller starring Rachel McAdams and Cillian Murphy. Gets abit daft but they are both excellent

7/10

On 31/03/2019 at 23:42, rudi must stay said:

Red Eye

Decent thriller starring Rachel McAdams and Cillian Murphy. Gets abit daft but they are both excellent

7/10

Really liked it when it came out in cinema.

Didn't know the plot and thought it was a romantic film.

Was pleased with the twist, Mrs wasn't to keen though

rudi must stay
2 hours ago, Madjambo21 said:

Really liked it when it came out in cinema.

Didn't know the plot and thought it was a romantic film.

Was pleased with the twist, Mrs wasn't to keen though

I would have kept it as a romantic drama tbh. Had its best moments as one

2 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

I would have kept it as a romantic drama tbh. Had its best moments as one

Did like the pen in the throat part even if it is a bit silly.

Seen a few Cillian Murphy films now and never disappointed at his performance.

Really enjoyed Sunshine and his current show Peaky Blinders

rudi must stay
16 minutes ago, Madjambo21 said:

Did like the pen in the throat part even if it is a bit silly.

Seen a few Cillian Murphy films now and never disappointed at his performance.

Really enjoyed Sunshine and his current show Peaky Blinders

Sunshine I like ye

Underrated. Seen Transcendence? (underrated too), cool sci-fi

2 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Sunshine I like ye

Underrated. Seen Transcendence? (underrated too), cool sci-fi

That the one with Johnny Depp?

Thought it was ok to be fair.

Do like a good sci-fi movie.

Event horizon 

Not seen it in a while but still enjoyed it.

Sci-fi horror.

A rescue crew investigate a spaceship that has mysteriously reappeared after going into a black hole.

Good cast in it including Sam Neil, Lawrence fishburne, Sean pertwee.

7.5/10