The Official JKB What Was The Last Film You Watched...

Guest GhostHunter

The Ballad of Buster Scruggs. 

10/10.

Superb Cohen Brothers film, 6 short films with a fantastic cast, I'll definitely be watching this again. 

On 16/11/2018 at 21:25, Dawnrazor said:

10/10.

Superb Cohen Brothers film, 6 short films with a fantastic cast, I'll definitely be watching this again. 

Brilliant.

Just watched it on Netflix.

My favourite film of the year so far.

27 minutes ago, benny said:

Brilliant.

Just watched it on Netflix.

My favourite film of the year so far.

The Liam Neeson one nearly had me in tears!!! 

Carl Fredrickson

Finally got round to watching Three Bollboards. Really enjoyed it. 9/10

Also watched Darkest Hour. Gary Oldman does a very good Churchill. Another 9/10

Carl Fredrickson

To avoid getting in a bad routine this winter of getting home from work and not going back out, I have purchased a years Odeon limitless membership. Plan to go at least once a week on the way home from work so I should be able to contribute a bit more to this thread.

Tonight was the first time I used the card and I went to see the new Fantastic Beasts movie. My son is going to see it with his mum this week so I want to be able to chat about the movie when he is here at the weekend. 

I am not a great HP fan and the first FB movie bored me to the point I havent seen it all the way through. The new one is a decent movie and the effects are impressive. Johnny Depp wasnt at his best though that may be due to the story. I think my son and other HP/FB fans will love it and no doubt it will make huge amounts at the box office. 

Not my cup of tea 6/10

On ‎16‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 21:25, Dawnrazor said:

10/10.

Watched it last night.

I can't decide if I liked it or not.

Although the first story with Buster I definitely liked a lot.

Really enjoyed Overlord. Group of American soldiers go to fight nazis and discover they're creating supersoldiers of the undead. Sounds cheesy as hell but somehow it works. 7/10. 

rudi must stay

Allied

Not the film I expected and that was a disappointment, but I think Marion Cotillard is wonderful as usual and it is worth watching. Just not as good as it could have been in my opinion

7/10

Went to the flicks a couple of times in the last week.

Overlord 8/10  Really enjoyed this,  was a little cheesy but that added to the enjoyment.

Robin Hood 1.5/10 easily the worst Robin hood film ever, None of the characters seemed suited to the roles they play, some were way to PC, all seemed cardboard, for someone who had spent at least 4 years crusading in the middle east Robin looked like he had just left school (maybe I getting old). Most had the odd funny line or one liner that all of them failed to make funny. The steam punk modern take added nothing to the movie, well it added to the confusion of when this movie was actually meant to be taking place. Could go on but its really wasted enough of my time already 

I, Tonya

8/10

Margot Robbie is excellent as disgraced 90s Olympic figure skater, Tonya Harding.

22 July

7.5/10

Dramatisation of the right-wing terrorist attack at a youth camp in Norway in 2011.

Edited by Ray Gin

rudi must stay

Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom

It was ok. Felt some parts of it were lazy and unoriginal though. It did however have some great dramatic scenes as you expect in Jurassic Park. It's quite a jumpy film I must admit and the new dinosaur is pretty scary

Spoiler

The ending is utterly mad and unexpected. I liked it though

7/10

Edited by rudi must stay

10/10.

Thought that was brilliant. 

Hangman.  3/10. 

Al Pacino. Utter shite. Pacino obviously taking on films purely for the money or to keep himself busy. He’s lost it. 

The Sixth Sense: 8/10

I hadn't seen it for a long time but it definitely hadn't lost its fear factor; I was terrified for a good part of the film!!

rudi must stay
On 27/11/2018 at 21:55, Pans Jambo said:

Hangman.  3/10. 

Al Pacino. Utter shite. Pacino obviously taking on films purely for the money or to keep himself busy. He’s lost it. 

Sad to see but obviously not getting the parts. Hopefully turns it around like De Niro did, two amazing actors

The Girl in the Spider's Web 9/10

I haven't really seen the original films (Stieg Larsson stories) and I don't read books. And I see the reviews are generally lukewarm.

But I enjoyed it. It moves along quickly with some very clever scenes. Main actor is good though support is a bit formulaic (bit of the Tomb Raider). Maybe because I'm not a fan of the originals. 

Not in cinemas much longer but shouldn't be long before it's on tv. 

HAPPYTIME MURDERS

Bit like who framed Roger rabbit but definitely not for kids.

Had a few laughs in it.

If you like Ted and Sausage party this is a film for you. 

7/10

Green Book.. shown several months early for an unlimited screening at Cineworld. 

Had no idea what to expect but really enjoyed this true story, buddy/my fair lady  movie about a coloured musician and his driver as they tour the deep South in America in 1962.  Very funny and very emotional and doesn't shirk from the racist viewpoints and traditions of the time. 

Oscars? 

9/10

Edited by Bigsmak

WRECK IT RALPH 2 

7/10 not as good as the first but my son loved it

PEPPERMINT 

Revenge action film with Jennifer Gardner.

Gardner is good but the film brings nothing new to the genre.

Still enjoyed it though 6/10

Edited by Madjambo21

10/10.

I'm a massive Coen Brothers fan and this didn't dissapoint. Everything good about them. Funny/Sad/Beautiful/Ugly. One of their best IMO

jack D and coke
On 16/10/2018 at 00:10, Madjambo21 said:

The Meg

Don't bother with this one. Poor effects story and acting. 

2/10

Ooooft so bad eh :lol: 

Just watched it, a steaming pile of horseshit! 

4 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Ooooft so bad eh :lol: 

Just watched it, a steaming pile of horseshit! 

? not even that good unfortunately.

90 mins of my life I'll never get back I felt.

Must be how Hibs fans feel every weekend 

Saw Bohemian Rhapsody on Friday. Great film and some fine acting especially Rami Malek playing Freddie and the guys playing Brian May and John Deacon. 

Had to hold back the tears a couple of times and tapping my feet to the music. 

luckyBatistuta

Aquaman

Just back from the cinema watching this and it’s straight in to my top 10

of the worst films I’ve ever seen

0/10

i’m off now to the ‘seethe thread’

41 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Aquaman

0/10

??

Before I go - 7/10

On Amazon Prime

About a guy who considers himself to be a bit of a loser & who's wife leaves him so he decides to do himself in but first needs to confront all the people who were horrible to him growing up before he commits suicide.

He goes back to his home town to confront his Brother, the school bully, the teacher who was rotten to him & the girl who was really nice to him.

Its a bit of a low budget comedy but well worth the watch. A few good laughs & some serious topics tackled at the same time. Quite enjoyed it.

Carl Fredrickson

Spiderman. The new animated one. My son gives it 10/10. He really liked that for a large chunk of the movie it was very much like a comic rather than normal animation. The recliners at the Odeon are too comfy and I missed part of the first half of the movie. What I saw was decent.

Placid Casual

Free Solo

Saw this documentary film about Alex Honnold at the Cameo last night.

I’ve little knowledge of climbing and I found this documentary jaw-dropping. Perfection or death. On the most imposing rock face of all. Would recommend.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2018/dec/13/free-solo-review-alex-honnold-el-capitan-yosemite

Samuel Camazzola
3 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

A Monster Calls. 

A kids film but it had the wife in ? ? 

7/10.

Is your missus, Felicity Jones? ?

On 12/12/2018 at 20:28, luckyBatistuta said:

Aquaman

0/10

Took my boy to this today of the back of this recommendation.

I agree, total nonsense. It's like Thor, mixed with the mummy, mixed with SpongeBob.

luckyBatistuta
3 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Took my boy to this today of the back of this recommendation.

I agree, total nonsense. It's like Thor, mixed with the mummy, mixed with SpongeBob.

Spongebob :lol:

Just watched " Forbidden games  ;  The Justin Fashanu story" on Netflix.   It was excellent.  It details his struggles  of him and his brother John being abandoned by their birth parents then adopted by a white couple being accepted for being the first out gay player and issues related to his race.   Some startling  homophobic comments from the 1980s in archive footage.  He is being interviewed  on a Scottish chat show and a white working class middle aged man condemns his " vile homosexual lifestyle".   It details his " romps" with MPs and with Bet Lynch ( Julie Goodyear) !!! He also became a Born again Christian which again was not the best move to help him with his internalised homophobia.  His brother is interviewed a lot and he seems to regret ( slightly) how he didn't want his brother to come ( again which made Justin feel more self loathing ). He also condemned his lifestyle.  Hes got a lot to answer to.  There is a fake scene at the end where he sheds a tear talking about Justin.  It doesn't gloss over the allegation of rape either.

rudi must stay

All The Money In The World

The most I've enjoyed a film in a while. I enjoy a good thriller and this is one in my opinion, keeps your attention with strong exciting scenes. And there's alot of great performances: Michelle Williams seems to disappear into films acting wise and Christopher Plummer is fantastic in every scene, plus Mark Wahlberg is solid as well, I thought he was a good casting choice. Recommend it

8/10

Edited by rudi must stay

9 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

All The Money In The World

The most I've enjoyed a film in a while. I enjoy a good thriller and this is one in my opinion, keeps your attention with strong exciting scenes. And there's alot of great performances: Michelle Williams seems to disappear into films acting wise and Christopher Plummer is fantastic in every scene, plus Mark Wahlberg is solid as well, I thought he was a good casting choice. Recommend it

8/10

Yes i thought this too. Kept one on the edge of the seat. Really good film and Plummer was excellent. Did you know he replaced Kevin Spacey who was cut out from the original edit of the film due to his scandals?   Michelle Williams is a very good actress and even Wahlberg was fine ( not much a fan of his)

rudi must stay
1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes i thought this too. Kept one on the edge of the seat. Really good film and Plummer was excellent. Did you know he replaced Kevin Spacey who was cut out from the original edit of the film due to his scandals?   Michelle Williams is a very good actress and even Wahlberg was fine ( not much a fan of his)

Agree totally on Wahlberg, he was fine. He was used sparingly and didn't have particularly tough scenes

Ye I knew that. Inspired choice, I couldn't imagine Spacey in that part. And infact him there the film wouldn't be anywhere near as strong in my opinion

BAD TIMES AT THE EL ROYAL

Really liked this thriller about several strangers who end up at a hotel with a shady past.

Film jumps around a bit from each guests perspective and back story.

Jeff Bridges is excellent in this.

Also has Dakota Johnson, John Hamm and Chris Hemsworth.

8/10