The Official JKB What Was The Last Film You Watched...

Guest GhostHunter

Downsizing 4/10

The plot had so much promise, and after a decent enough first half hour, it all goes to pot after that. For most of the film, you could not even tell they were downsized. Do not waste your time.

10 hours ago, Rab87 said:

Downsizing 4/10

The plot had so much promise, and after a decent enough first half hour, it all goes to pot after that. For most of the film, you could not even tell they were downsized. Do not waste your time.

Came to post more or less exactly this word for word.

Had potential and a couple of amusing moments but loses it's way early, goes on too long and feels a bit "preachy".

4/10 - Pretty pish

The Boss Baby

8/10

Got this for the wee man for his birthday and watched it with him this morning. Enjoyed it a lot more than I probably should’ve.

Great fun.

rudi must stay

Battle of the Sexes

A movie all about the unlikely tennis match between Billy Jean King and ex world number 1 Bobby Riggs. This is the best movie I've seen in quite some time, Stone is very good as Billy Jean King and Steve Carell does as only he can being entertaining but at the same time putting in a very good acting performance and really nailing the character, Andrea Riseborough is excellent too. Really everyone in the movie is good

10/10

Carl Fredrickson

Early Man. Took the kids to see it this morning. I love Wallace & Gromit and Chicken Run but Early Man was a bit of a disappointment. 

It didnt have a strong story line and at no point did I laugh. The kids enjoyed it, they said 8/10 but I would give it 3/10

Saw Fernando last week, so bad I wouldnt give it a score. 

I need go get out and see some movies for grown ups.

Just watching King of Comedy for the first time. De Niro's performance is as unsettling as any of his. Very underated film imo and certainly worth watching.

luckyBatistuta

Mom and Dad

Definitely one of the worst films I’ve ever watched. 

It’s about parents everywhere, who all suddenly want  to kill there children. I’ve never been a fan of Nicholas Cage, but this is a whole new level for him, his acting performance is ridiculously bad.

It’s a seriously bad movie, don’t do it

0/10

William H. Bonney
1 hour ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Mom and Dad

It’s about parents everywhere, who all suddenly want  to kill there children. I’ve never been a fan of Nicholas Cage, but this is a whole new level for him, his acting performance is ridiculously bad.

0/10

It's cages favourite film of his in the last ten years. 

I sometimes wonder if he owes money to the mafia or something because he makes an obscene amount of films. 

On 29/01/2018 at 21:51, LeftBack said:

Just watching King of Comedy for the first time. De Niro's performance is as unsettling as any of his. Very underated film imo and certainly worth watching.

It’s a brilliant film and Scorsese and De Niro’s most underrated. It’s one of his best performances, very nuanced and less ‘showy’. 

luckyBatistuta
2 hours ago, ...a bit disco said:

Death Race 4:Beyond Anarchy

Beyond pish.

1/10

Not seen it, but I could have told you that would be pish, just by the title.

luckyBatistuta
9 hours ago, Jefferson Davis Hogg said:

It's cages favourite film of his in the last ten years. 

I sometimes wonder if he owes money to the mafia or something because he makes an obscene amount of films. 

Haha, maybe. Going by this performance, he shouldn’t even be in the acting profession.

...a bit disco
Just now, luckyBatistuta said:

Not seen it, but I could have told you that would be pish, just by the title.

Utter dugshite mate.

The first 2 were watchable, and Dougray Scott was fecked over in 3. This was a sequel too far though.

...a bit disco
10 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Mom and Dad

0/10

Bet it's got nothing on his seminal classic, Left Behind.

It's basically The Leftovers but pisher.

Much, much pisher.

-5/10

Yes.

Minus 5.

luckyBatistuta
1 minute ago, ...a bit disco said:

Utter dugshite mate.

The first 2 were watchable, and Dougray Scott was fecked over in 3. This was a sequel too far though.

Only seen the first one, you must have been struggling to click play on that. I think that’s how I’ve watched so many crap films myself these days. There are so many films to choose from, you spend all your time going, nope,nope,nope and then click on something shit like this, just to watch something a bit different.

...a bit disco

Only seen the first one, you must have been struggling to click play on that. I think that’s how I’ve watched so many crap films myself these days. There are so many films to choose from, you spend all your time going, nope,nope,nope and then click on something shit like this, just to watch something a bit different.

Jason Statham and the Bros Goss felly weren't too bad really.

Can see why Luke turned this one down though!

luckyBatistuta
3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I'm trying to think of Cage in something good and all I'm getting is Raising Arizona

Giving your age away there Smithee

2 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Bet it's got nothing on his seminal classic, Left Behind.

It's basically The Leftovers but pisher.

Much, much pisher.

-5/10

Yes.

Minus 5.

-5, bloody hell...I now want to watch it though, just to see how bad it actually is :raging:

...a bit disco

Giving your age away there Smithee

-5, bloody hell...I now want to watch it though, just to see how bad it actually is :raging:

It's kicking about on Netflix.

Enjoy.

luckyBatistuta
1 minute ago, ...a bit disco said:

Jason Statham and the Bros Goss felly weren't too bad really.

Can see why Luke turned this one down though!

Love Jason Statham films, but had to turn off his Mechanic: Resurrection...terrible film.

...a bit disco
2 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Love Jason Statham films, but had to turn off his Mechanic: Resurrection...terrible film.

1st one was good too.

Resurrection well, not his best work.

luckyBatistuta
6 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

1st one was good too.

Resurrection well, not his best work.

Crank is one of my favourite films, just superb. Just read that the co-director of Crank is the man behind the film Mom and Dad, which I just gave 0 out of 10 :wtf:

...a bit disco
1 minute ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Crank is one of my favourite films, just superb. Just read that the co-director of Crank is the man behind the film Mom and Dad, which I just gave 0 out of 10 :wtf:

:lol:

Hummingbird is my favourite Statham movie.

luckyBatistuta
4 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

:lol:

Hummingbird is my favourite Statham movie.

Yup, another belter :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

I'm trying to think of Cage in something good and all I'm getting is Raising Arizona

Birdy, Leaving Las Vegas, Wild At Heart, The Rock, Con Air, Kick Ass, and Joe which is a fantastic, underrated and horribly bleak low budget film. 

luckyBatistuta
1 hour ago, Tazio said:

Birdy, Leaving Las Vegas, Wild At Heart, The Rock, Con Air, Kick Ass, and Joe which is a fantastic, underrated and horribly bleak low budget film. 

Seen most of them and I personally think he’s shit, but i’ll admit he’s brilliant in Kick Ass.

rudi must stay
8 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Seen most of them and I personally think he’s shit, but i’ll admit he’s brilliant in Kick Ass.

He was alright, he suits zany films. I saw him in one the other day called Snake Eyes, didn't see it all but I was impressed with his performance fair play to him he really goes for it, and he's quite good in an absolutely mad film called Bad Lieutenant 

Edited by rudi must stay

10 hours ago, Tazio said:

All of these and Rumble Fish, Peggy Sue Got Married, Red Rock West and 8mm. And while not as good as the original, the Bad Lieutenant remake was good too. Admittedly, he’s not made many good films in the last ten years. 

1 hour ago, Zico said:

All of these and Rumble Fish, Peggy Sue Got Married, Red Rock West and 8mm. And while not as good as the original, the Bad Lieutenant remake was good too. Admittedly, he’s not made many good films in the last ten years. 

Think it shows it takes good direction to draw a performance out of a lot of actors.

rudi must stay
1 hour ago, vegas-voss said:

Think it shows it takes good direction to draw a performance out of a lot of actors.

Definately, acting seems like the more you put into a performance the better you'll be

17 hours ago, Smithee said:

Knowing and Face Off aren't too bad. Seems to be turning up in a new honker every week these days tho.

7 minutes ago, Judge Fudge said:

Knowing and Face Off aren't too bad. Seems to be turning up in a new honker every week these days tho.

Probably so he can pay all his massive debts to the IRS. 

12 minutes ago, Judge Fudge said:

I went to the pictures to see Face Off, fell asleep.

I forgot about Con Air though, that was pretty good

18 hours ago, Smithee said:

He was alright in Face Off but as previously mentioned alot of his films are pish.

26 minutes ago, Judge Fudge said:

for me knowing was one of the biggest steaming pile of craps i have had the misfortune to watch.

face/off, con air and the rock were good. as was matchstick men

On 17/01/2018 at 00:21, hughesie27 said:

Nobody seen The Greatest Showman yet?

I went tonight as I had heard good things from folk on Facebook and the trailer looked good when I went to see Star Wars.

I never realised it was a musical.

That said it was pretty decent.

7/10

The Greatest Showman 8/10

A real bravura performance. A film that just lands on the senses and its story is a side show to being a show. It is a feel good story but stands on its own. 

There are some very attractive performances notably Zendaya and (probably) Zac Efron and others. It is a musical but as well the stock songs (and Hugh Jackman does sing! which takes a bit of getting used to) there are some brilliant singing performances. 

The film it reminded me of was Moulin Rouge. While it won't be everyone's taste I found it highly enjoyable and I thank the quoted review for encouraging me to see it. 

Samuel Camazzola
On 01/02/2018 at 23:49, Smithee said:

Leaving Las Vegas? 

11 hours ago, neilnunb said:

Watched that CHiPS movie. What a way to shit all over ones childhood.

Bad.

Starsky&Hutch did that also a few years back, unforgivable. 

28 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

The Ghost in the Shell

3/10

Pish.

Thanks for the heads up, love the original version. Had my doubts about this one??

rudi must stay

Full Metal Jacket

First time I've watched this. Expected alot due to it being a Stanley Kubrick film and it didn't disappoint: such an interesting film, can't fault it

10/10

Carl Fredrickson

Coco - the latest offering from Disney Pixar. After 2 recent disappointing kids movies, this one was far, far better. 

Really enjoyed it, good story with plenty of humour and a tear jerking moment. Up their with Pixars UP. 

9/10