The Official JKB What Was The Last Film You Watched...

Guest GhostHunter

Hyde Park on Hudson - 6/10 Bill Murray (as FDR) was pretty good, and ain't it amazing what a hot dog can do for a film ... :D

The Angel's Share - 5.5/10 - Weegie low-life malt whisky caper. Starts off awrite, but soon descends into shite patter.

Rudolf's Mate

Lone Survivor - Agree with the above 8-10.

Very good film and touching bit at the end. Interesting re the villagers (won't spoil it)

The Mrs turned to me and said about halfway through, "do you think they'll all get out alive" :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted in the main thread:

The Wolf of Wall Street - Assuming that it was a comedy, it was good - it was very funny. I was expecting a serious drama though, which it wasn't. A good film and an enjoyable few hours but not a great film. It also bears little or no resemblance to the investment industry, it's just the story of a total prick who's made to look a lot more sympathetic than he should've been. Di Caprio and Jonah Hill were both very good though. 7/10

Lone Survivor - Agree with the above 8-10.

Very good film and touching bit at the end. Interesting re the villagers (won't spoil it)

The Mrs turned to me and said about halfway through, "do you think they'll all get out alive" :lol:

Yup had a tear in my eye watching the last 5 mins

Bullhead

8/10

Where to start? Belgium film with subtitles that was nominated for an Oscar in best foreign film category. Story is around a steroid injecting young farmer. Matthias Schoenaerts gives a great performance but I have to disagree with reviewers who compared it to De Niro in Raging Bull, great but not that great. You have to concentrate and its a long one but I think its worth it in the end.

Just watched that today.

So grim and so bleak but what a film. The main actor is quite incredible.

Shanks said no

Passion

3/10

Poor effort by Brian de Palma that went straight to DVD. Good cast but was too pretentious for my liking.

Shanks said no

Any Day Now

8/10

I thought this would not be for me but I was wrong. Story of a male gay couple in the USA starting around 79 who want to adopt a boy with Downs. Alan Cummings was excellent and the end really caught me unaware.

Watched Black Hawk Down this morning. Must have seen it 10 times before but I still absolutely love it.

Probably the best war film since Platoon and Full Metal Jacket.

Unbelievable cast as well. So many talented people involved.

Ridley Scott's 2nd masterpiece.

10/10

Killing Them Softly

Most people seem to dislike this one but I rather liked it. It's also got Tony Soprano, Benny Fazzi and Johnny Sack from the Sopranos in it.

It's kind of a simple and pointless plot and all of the characters are scumbags. It just depicts a few criminal enterprises and some reprisals without actually saying anything or going anywhere.

It was quite short too.

Still, 7/10.

FAO whoever uses this thread - Should I move it back onto the main shed forum? Pinned threads generate a whole lot less views than unpinned threads. Most people tend to never look at pinned threads so if you want more posters to get involved then let me know.

FAO whoever uses this thread - Should I move it back onto the main shed forum? Pinned threads generate a whole lot less views than unpinned threads. Most people tend to never look at pinned threads so if you want more posters to get involved then let me know.

Keep it pinned IMO. Handy not having to trawl through pages to find it.

Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back

I like Kevin Smith's films but this is not great. A couple of funny parts but poor mostly.

4/10

The only parts that were unfunny were the parts with Will Ferrell but even he couldn't spoil that film

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Watched Sideways today.

Quite funny character drama that was nominated for a load of Oscars a few years back but only won one for it's screenplay.

Some top acting and some very funny moments even the characters are kind of tragic.

Liked it. 7/10

Watched Black Hawk Down this morning. Must have seen it 10 times before but I still absolutely love it.

Probably the best war film since Platoon and Full Metal Jacket.

Unbelievable cast as well. So many talented people involved.

Ridley Scott's 2nd masterpiece.

Not sure why Ive never seen this. Adding to my watch list now.

Cannot endorse it highly enough.

It's absolutely amazing. One of those films that I never tire of watching.

Parts of it are filmed in real time and it's so intense and threatening. You really get the sense of being surrounded and attacked by an entire city of people.

Watch it.

Rudolf's Mate
47 Ronan

Good 7/10

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Really want to see this. Is it due on DVD soon?

Edit: Just seen March

Edited by Rudolf's Mate

Cannot endorse it highly enough.

It's absolutely amazing. One of those films that I never tire of watching.

Parts of it are filmed in real time and it's so intense and threatening. You really get the sense of being surrounded and attacked by an entire city of people.

Watch it.

I always felt the last 10 minutes was so intense that it felt as if you were there at every move and turn. Great film with a great cast even with Orlando Bloom.

I always felt the last 10 minutes was so intense that it felt as if you were there at every move and turn. Great film with a great cast even with Orlando Bloom.

Ewan MacGregor

Eric Bana

Josh Hartnett

Tom Sizemore

Tom Hardy

Orlando Bloom

Ewen Bremner (Spud from Trainspotting)

Kim Coates (Tig from Sons of Anarchy)

Sam Shepard

William Fichtner

Ioan Gruffud

Jeremy Piven (Ari Gold from Entourage)

Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (Jaime Lannister from Game of Thrones)

Quite an incredible cast.

12 Years A Slave - absolutely outstanding. A difficult watch although not too graphic, but shows the dehumanisation of slavery in full. Wonderfully acted by a great cast, excellent score and sound with some superb shots. I don't often give films too marks but this is the best film I've seen since The White Ribbon and is fully deserving of 10/10.

Shanks said no

The Lone Ranger

6/10

Wasn't expecting too much so it wasn't the let down that a lot of people seemed to think for me. Yes too long, yes too Pirates of the C, yes a marketting tool for Disney but a its a cowboy and indian film and as such wasn't too bad.

Shanks said no

Jeff, who lives at home

3/10

Film that tries to be quirky for the sake of being quirky and just irritated me. Story of two odd brothers who spend a day tracking one of their wifes. In the same style as Cyrus, directed by the Duplass bros.

The Lone Ranger

6/10

Wasn't expecting too much so it wasn't the let down that a lot of people seemed to think for me. Yes too long, yes too Pirates of the C, yes a marketting tool for Disney but a its a cowboy and indian film and as such wasn't too bad.

That was one of the worst films I've seen in ages. It was so boring I struggled to stay interested.

I'd give it 1/10.

Another Earth 8/10

Really enjoyed this - pretty thought-provoking. Ultra-low-budget, but shows what you can do with a bit of imagination and a good cast.

Rudolf's Mate

The Book Thief - 8/10 Despite being a bit slow I really enjoyed this.

Brilliant performances from Geoffrey Rush, Emily Watson & the young female main character.

Primer - I didn't really like Upstream Colour but I quite enjoyed his first film, even though it is a bit up its own arse. Clever though and a great achievement making it for $7k. 7/10

The Company you Keep 5/10

There was a great film in here fighting to get out. Impressive cast and intriguing premise, but it just didn't hold together for me. Was also left with the lingering feeling that Robert Redford is really getting too old for this kind of stuff.

rudi must stay

Inside Llewyn Davis

Didn't build on an interesting start for me. Still it has some nice easy listening music and i'm sure Oscar Isaac's career will take off after this.

7/10

Prince Buaben

Scary Movie 5 4/10 Pretty Shite!

Pitch Perfect 5/10 Standard chick film but enjoyed the sing along ::troll:::'>

I've never posted on this thread but I use it for reference regularly, I would prefer it pinned :thumbsup:

Edit: Should have read the rest of the thread first :facepalm:

Edited by graygo

Sexton Hardcastle

Filth 7/10

Always like films where you can relate to the locations its shot. I'm sure I was stuck in traffic when they were filming the bits in the Grassmarket and Victoria Street. I was a bit unsure when it was meant to be set though. Doesnt really matter I suppose.