The Official JKB What Was The Last Film You Watched...

Guest GhostHunter

dobmisterdobster

Saw Skyfall today. Here are my immediate thoughts.

1. "Welcome to Scotland!"
  2. I used to live in London and whoever choreographed the fight scene on the tube has no idea what the District line looks like. A scene that is guaranteed to infuriate trainspotters.

Great film go see it.

Edited by dobmisterdobster

rudi must stay

Skyfall

Shame they couldnt get Sam Mendes to direct a couple of movies, hes left James Bond in a much better place though

8/10

Sterling Archer

Midnight in Paris - 7/10

Enjoyable film about a struggling writer who is transported to previous eras and meets famous people from history.

Victor Mancini

Total Recall 6/10 not a big fan of colin farrell but this was alright.

Savages 6/10 far fetched but enjoyable all the same

rudi must stay

Skyfall....Good start and ending,not much else inbetween.Add in a crap bad guy.Nowhere near the best Bond film ever.6/10

Crap bad guy? An oscar winning actor? Who won it for being a bad guy in another movie. I know he wasnt in it very much but he certainly wasnt crap

Room 237

I'm too new to start threads but could someone else do one about this movie? It's about the, possible, multiple/hidden meanings of Kubrick's "THE SHINING".

Winter's Bone

Tough drama set in really small town USA (Ozark Mountains).

Really impressed at the performances in this - a few Oscar nominations at the time.

7.5/10 :thumbsup:

rudi must stay

Dr No

dont know what somebody saw in James Bond to give it even 1 more movie. Of course, im glad they did see it though

3/10

21 Jump Street= 9/10- surprised me as that guy from Superbad just annoys me and I was shocked he played the role did well

Traitor=6/0- Loses the plot half way through the film and I just got bored by it and vastly stupid ending

TED=8/10- Some parts of the film are pure genious rest is just samey overall but very good movie overall

Victor Mancini

the sweeney 6/10 ive seen worse

end of watch 4/10 - was very excited about this movie and it turned out to be quite a let down

Looper - was really looking forward to this and the first hour was great. Lost its way in the middle and ended up being pretty dull. Disappointing. 6/10

Saw that at the Omni,my feckin ears were shot to ribbons after watching it,1000 decibels at least.

As for the film,expected better. 6/10.

Argo 8/10 superb film, tense and engaging.

The film looks like it genuinely could have been shot in 1980 a testiment to the production crew, set designers and costume department.

Watch the credits at the end and you'll see how amazingly casted the film was.

skyfall 9/10 - very good film,

the only thing i didn't like was when introduced to bardems character, he IMO overacted initially and it reminded me of the roger moore type bond films.

Werner Herzog

Had a double-header yesterday.

Amour

Stunning, emotionally-harrowing yet completely unsentimental portrayal of an elderly couple coming to terms with the reality of a situation far too many of us will come to experience in later life & the many issues that correspond with dementia & debilitation. Haneke's cold, analytical approach has never been more appropriate. My film of the year.

9/10

The Master

Far & away the least accessible PT Anderson film to date, with a pair of towering performances by Hoffman & Phoenix who convey a "story" about the powers & fragilities of beliefs, brain-washing & the process of seeking answers to the questions one cannot ever hope to successfully respond to - something which no doubt resonates with any person or society (particularly of those in the states) dealing with the immediate aftermath of the trials & tribulations of the Second World War. Extremely impressive if a difficult watch. By no means for everyone.

8/10

Been travelling a lot over the last few months and have seen some pretty forgettable stuff that passes for "in flight entertainment" ie the latest Batman movie that I gave up on after an hour of nothing of interest happening.

I did happen upon Seeking a Friend for the End of the World, in desperation - I thought it was quite good <expects to get slaughtered>.

You don't have to think too much , the plot is original and there are a few laughs along the way. I know it's a chickflick - but I was desperate.

rudi must stay

Blue Valentine

both Gosling and Williams are excellent. There's a few scenes in there I wouldn't have put in, as they're pretty graphic and some are actually abit distastful, but I suppose they just add to the film and the fact the two characters are abit strange.

7/10

North Berwick Jambo

Flight

Robert Zemeckis new film starring Denzel Washington as an airline pilot who saves a flight from crashing, but an investigation into the malfunctions reveals something else. Worth a watch!

7/10

The Master - very impressive character study about a WWII veteran looking for salvation, who gets involved with a pseudo-religious cult. It doesn't follow a standard narrative so wont appeal to everyone (one of the people I went with who likes Andersons other films, thought it was crap) but I thought it was very good. Hoffman was excellent as always but Joaquin Phoenix was outstanding. 8/10

End Of Watch 6/10

Pretty decent acting but not much story to it.Basically like watching the tv show Cops turned into a movie.

Edited by vegas-voss