The Official JKB What Was The Last Film You Watched...

Guest GhostHunter

Minority taste , but I went to see Out of The Ashes, documentary about the Afghan cricket team. Great film, tremendous entertainment. People just trying to have a life, surrounded by horrendous circumstances...a joy!

Commander Harris

district 9? - had high expectations following the hype but was fairly disappointed. ?a decent film but lots of flaws. ?

6.5/10

rudi must stay

The Lovely Bones

Heard bad things but I really enjoyed it. Yes, there are a few plot holes and you have to buy into it abit. But the acting was superb throughout and some of CGI was stunning.

7/10

Valhalla Rising

Started off really well,ultra violent and interesting to see what the film was really going to be all about then it just developed into absolute pish.

4/10

Jambojohnnyboy

AVP Requiem - 4/10 - Badly lit with a Dawn of The Dead rip off story.

The Condemned - 5/10 Could have been better if the camera shots during the fights had remained steady. Re-hash of the Running Man for the Internet generation.

Rock n Rolla

not as great as I remembered it but still a decent film with some very good one liners

6/10

"Dont hit me Archie I'm only little"!!!!

My favourite one liner in a film ever.

This morning I saw The American. 7. Quite a good film. Could have used a bit more imagination with the ending (I haven't read the book it is based on)and a couple of loose ends.

Still, a tapping sound at the front of the cinema, behind the screen, turned out to be workers renovating the Fatness First premises next door. A bit annoying, but they managed to stop it.

Bonus of a free ticket as compensation.

District 9

Enjoyed the film. I'm a big fan of these sci-fi films that take part in an alternative modern day Earth. I thought the story was nice, not something I've seen before and it developed well throughout the film. I felt it was a little rushed at stages, but all in all it's something I'd recommend watching.

7/10

Got given a gift voucher for HMV, so I've bought a few DVDs to watch. Next up is The book of Eli and Green Zone.

Zombie Women of Satan

ZWoSPoster1.jpg

Crap acting, rubbish camera work, bad editing and directing, sh** story, garbage special effects, but it does have loads of topless and near naked busty ladies running around eating each other.

This isnt even worth grading as a b-movie it should be somewhere futher down the alphabet.

7/10 :thumbsup:

district 9 - had high expectations following the hype but was fairly disappointed. a decent film but lots of flaws.

6.5/10

What were the flaws you spotted, out of interest?

Harry Potter 7

Actually thought this was one of the best adaptations from the books. Much darker and goes deeper into the characters. 7/10

Withnail & I

First watch for many years as purchased on blu ray and still simply magnificent. I remember those days well laugh.gif 9/10

Battle Royale

Another blu ray purchase - features two versions of the film. Buy it. Love it. 10/10 thumbsup.gif

Cemetery Junction 6/10

Bit of a non event, if it wasn't set in the seventies & had a top notch soundtrack, i probably wouldn't have remembered seeing it.

Shrek Forever After absolute pish I don't know what went wrong with these films the first two were really good but the last two have been guff. 3/10

Recently joined love film, as my blu ray addiction was costing me too much.

Much cheaper renting them unlimited.

Recently watched

Iron Man. 7/10

Iron Man 2. 6/10

There will Be Blood. 7/10

Sherlock Holmes. 7/10

2012. 6/10

Moon. 8/10

Shutter Island. 9/10

Curious Case of Benjamin Button. 7/10

Spiderman 3 - total pish 2/10

The Outsiders - old school wrong side of the tracks type. Pretty dated, but still arguably a classic. 7/10

Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back - love this pish laugh.gif 7/10

Commander Harris

Deathly Hallows part 1

not a big potter fan so not surprised that i found it pretty boring.

6/10

Carriers - End of the world killer virus outbreak type of thing only they don't turn into zombies they just die.It's ok a solid 6/10

Reservoir Dogs - Still my favourite Tarantino film. 10/10