The Official JKB What Was The Last Film You Watched...

Guest GhostHunter

Ended up watching Schindler's List again this week. He might only have one character in his acting repertoire, but it's a stunning performance from Fiennes. Just the personification of narcissistic, twisted evil.

Jambojohnnyboy

Watched Horsemen on SYFY and it was ok, although it was obvious how it was going to end. 6/10

Sky Blue - South Korean Anime which was stunning to look at. 7/10

My Bodyguard - Early Matt Dillon movie, where he plays the bully at school and the new kid at school won't play ball and pay protection money. Fun with another great turn from Ruth Gordon from Harold and Maude. 7/10

Couples Retreat

A pointless and rarely funny comedy with Vince Vaughn and some other people. Everybody talks too much and try's to be oh so reasonable. Rubbish IMO.

3/10

Edited by Lost Soul

Guest GhostHunter

theres a third one????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah - the second is best forgotten, the third should have been the sequel - Feldman put his own money into this, and it comes over as a kind of tribute to Corey Haim.

Ended up watching Schindler's List again this week. He might only have one character in his acting repertoire, but it's a stunning performance from Fiennes. Just the personification of narcissistic, twisted evil.

To be fair he used that persona to great effect in Maid In Manhattan as well.

Rec.

7.5/10

Only cost me ?3.93 from amazon and was good. Especially good to watch with those of a nervous disposition.

Noticed there's a sequel in the DVD chart at the moment which I will probably procure from somewhere so I guess that means I'd recommend it!

Rec.

7.5/10

Only cost me ?3.93 from amazon and was good. Especially good to watch with those of a nervous disposition.

Noticed there's a sequel in the DVD chart at the moment which I will probably procure from somewhere so I guess that means I'd recommend it!

there`s also a remake of rec called quarantine. it`s exactly the same but in english

Say What Again

A-Team

Been putting off watching it for ages as I thought it'd be rotten. Turns out, it wasn't too bad. :thumbsup:

7/10

ArmiyaRomanova

obviously havent seen it yet but I am keen for this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTgC9vAZmFs&feature=player_embedded

if only because I love Isla Fisher. :thumbsup:

Take a look at this - Burke & Hare - The Musical, made in the 90s by a friend of mine when he was at Edinburgh College of Art. Did pretty well then, and Landis knows about the film and has been in touch with him to commend him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUk7Zo1fQ5A

(two parts)

Amusingly, both this film and Landis' new version feature Ronnie Corbett.

Also amusing to see director Morag McKinnon, whose new pitch black comedy feature film Donkeys is arguably the best film to come out of Scotland in the last few years, playing the role of a prossie.

Edited by ArmiyaRomanova

Leon (Director's Cut)

A definite must watch movie. 10/10 thumbsup.gif

My favourite film; upgraded to the Blu-Ray a couple of days ago. :thumbsup:

Gone Baby Gone

Calling it a "thriller" is a bit misleading, imo. Good film in a "what would you do?" way, if that makes any sense. 7/10.

Dirty Harry

Bad-ass, but not a huge amount to think about. Worth it for the famous line alone. :) 7/10.

Ralphie, Raith would hate that, was brilliant in "In Bruge" a nutter mind you.

kingantti1874

robin hood (the russel crowe version)

excellent-really enjoyed it

8/10

Thought this film was utterly tragic

Watchin Superbad just now - brilliant

Rocky IV..

'Hit the one in the middle.'

'Got him hurt bad....you see, you see, he's not a machine. He's a man.'

'No pain.'

Edited by Arnold

Red

Action comedy, Bruce Willis, Morgan Freeman, John Malcovich and Helen Mirren. What could go wrong with a cast like that. Nothing. Great 1hr 45 minutes. 7.5/10

Haven't read the thread so apologies if already mentioned but just watched(last night) Dead Man's Shoes with Paddy Considine.

Very good!

Sorry......9/10.

Edited by Boab

Hadn't realised quite how old it is, but ....

The Island

A bit OTT in places, but thoroughly enjoyable and a great story. 8/10

Extra point for ...

ScarlettJohanssoninfo.jpg

woot.gif

Edited by Dunks

Also watched ...

The Book of Eli

Still talking about this one - usually a good sign. I really, really enjoyed it.

Noticed that most of the big names put their own money into too and the performances match.

8.5/10 thumbsup.gif

Randle P McMurphy

Red

Action comedy, Bruce Willis, Morgan Freeman, John Malcovich and Helen Mirren. What could go wrong with a cast like that. Nothing. Great 1hr 45 minutes. 7.5/10

nailed it. should i feel bad for thinking that helen mirren looked hot in it?

eraser, not one of arnies best films, but a decent action film with some cheesy lines. Something to watch that doesn't require your brain to be in gear. 6/10

Buried - 8 - My mate thought it was pretty guff while I loved it, but I think it'll be that kind of film. Very different type of claustrophobic race-against time movie. Ryan Reynolds is unquestionably excellent though, and it has a real nasty wit about it that I completely bought into.

Michael Clayton

Excellent performance from George Clooney. A bit slow to get going, but certainly delivers. Solid 8/10

Edge of Darkness

Based on the old BBC mini-series and directed by the same guy. Excellent storyline, but I felt it could have been better. Still very good, but could have been better. 7.5/10

eraser, not one of arnies best films, but a decent action film with some cheesy lines. Something to watch that doesn't require your brain to be in gear. 6/10

Agreed, I gave up after the 80's mostly and I can't recall anything from Eraser. Settling down and not wondering what the hell is going on is good, film wise.

Michael Clayton

Excellent performance from George Clooney. A bit slow to get going, but certainly delivers. Solid 8/10

I'd agree with this, might take another watch which means it's good imo.

...a bit disco

The walking dead pre-air screener !! Awesome. 10/10

Seconded.

nailed it. should i feel bad for thinking that helen mirren looked hot in it?

No she's is one of the sexiest women ever.

The Mighty Thor

Red

I took the wee man to see it Friday. Enjoyed it thoroughly and left thinking that i'd definitely slip Helen Mirren one.