The Official JKB What Was The Last Film You Watched...

Guest GhostHunter

Guest GhostHunter

Simple thread..

Post the last film you rented/downloaded or saw at the cinema and give the score...

Feel free to post an opinion if the urge takes you :D

I'll kick off on the next post....

Watched Terminator Salvation last night and it's better than I remembered but still a massive let down. 5/10

Also bought Empire Records from asda for a fiver and it's as good as I remember with Renee Zelweger <sp> looking good from before she got fat 7.5/10

Edited by Dr Sam Beckett

Dog Pound - An America version of S cum but without the real sense of brutality that you got from watching S cum for the first time.As a movie itself it's alright to pass an hour and a half but it's no classic.6/10

Edited by vegas-voss

Watched Terminator Salvation last night and it's better than I remembered but still a massive let down. 5/10

Also bought Empire Records from asda for a fiver and it's as good as I remember with Renee Zelweger <sp> looking good from before she got fat 7.5/10

Thought first half of Salvation was great 2nd half utter rubbish and there was really no need for the Arnie double to appear.

Thought first half of Salvation was great 2nd half utter rubbish and there was really no need for the Arnie double to appear.

Agree just found myself getting irritated with all the little in jokes but I'm sure the fanboys loved them. :down:

Kalamazoo Jambo

Inception.

Good cast but completely over the top and, to be honest, didn't really catch my attention in the way I expected it to.

The score... was by Hans Zimmer.

OK, then, 6 out of 10.

White Oak - a William S Hart (and, yes, I chuckled when I noticed that his initial and last name made a funny word) silent Western from 1921 accompanied live by the music of the Dodge Brothers. Mark Kermode played a fairly decent harmonica amongst it all.

Or, not one I paid for, but one of the classes I was in today had a showing of Death on the Wagon Train (or similar) about the Donner party who were heading for California and got stuck due to an early snowfall in the Sierra Nevada. Anyway...my point is that partway through it there was a bit of banjo and fiddle music and, lo and behold, it was The Hearts Song though I guess it wasn't called that in 1846.:D

Chaos.

I recorded it thinking it was Blade, as it was listed wrong on the TV Guide. It's an alright film, and a little predictable. There's a couple of twists which were worked into quite a poor plot, which made it watchable. I thought the characters lacked any depth, and Jason Statham's New York accent was nothing short of horrific. The story could have been better, it was too driven towards the twists and I didn't think it worked that well.

Wouldn't recommend it, but if you came across it with nothing else to watch, might be worth a go.

Guest GhostHunter

The Bleeding (iplayer) with Vinnie Jones. Lasted about 20 minutes before I gave up, the script the narrative the acting the everything were just abysmal ... 1/10

Salt - yeah not bad - enjoyable 90 mins 6/10

Randle P McMurphy

watched 2 films last night:

Hot Tub Time Machine - escapist nonsense but quite funny in places 7/10

The Crazies - virus ridden horror(ish), not bad but don't go out your way 6.5/10

Say What Again

bought Kick Ass from Morrisons on wed, brilliant movie, kids love it also

9/10 no movie is perfect.

Same for me - going to be harsh and give it 8/10

loved it.

The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas 9/10

Very moving film and deals well with a difficult subject. Having never read the book I cant compare the two, but well worth a watch, keeps your attention and at times i found myself shouting at the telly while watching it.

How to Lose Friends and Alienate people 3/10

I just didnt get this film and while there was one or two laugh out louds moments, it was too predictable and not very good at all. Quite like Simon Pegg's work so was disappointed with this. Allows you to switch off for 90mins though.

Watched them both on the same night, and its the first time ive sat and watched films for ages.

Cinema - The Incredibles - Violent, loud and with great action scenes.

This movie surprised me as I was expecting horror but it's very enjoyable and the cast is terrific. Sly might be old but he knows how to make these kind of films, none of your weedy PG-13 nonsense. Cliche story but a team of merceneries target a bad guy in a south american state.

7/10

TV - District 9 - Interesting Sci-fi, bloody and well made.

For me the best movie of 2009, it's now on Sky. Filmed in a documentary style, the story about follows MNU employee Wikus as he serves eviction notices to the alien refugees in District 9. Brilliant story, amazing alien weaponry and technology and lot's of people explode. Brilliant movie.

9/10

Edited by Lost Soul

Commander Harris

The Runaways

true story of some shitty girl band in the 70s. ?

bland, seen-it-all-before, rise-and-fall band picture with feminist man-hating undertones. ?

3/10

Edited by Commander Harris

Watched The Killing Room last night. High concept stuff, which generally works. A terse psychological thriller, worth a watch. It's free to watch online on Lovefilm if you have a package.

Bad point - I had to rewind it a couple of times to decipher Peter Stormare's accent.

7/10.

The Runaways

true story of some shitty girl band in the 70s. ?

bland, seen-it-all-before, rise-and-fall band picture with feminist man-hating undertones. ?

3/10

Joan Jett dude. Joan Jett!

I do agree though, it was not good.

Last film I watched was Going the Distance.

Rom-com type with Drew Barrymore and Justin Long but instead of the usual mushy crap, it was actually a pretty funny, dark humoured comedy with some filthy language.

7/10 or something.

Randle P McMurphy

scott pilgrim vs the world. do yourself a favour and just watch the trailer. there is really nothing much beyond this in the film. its like a hollywoodised Spaced with special effects and the humour removed. 3/10 only because knives chau is a wee hotty

Date night 6/10 got exactly what you expected and only marked higher because I like Tina Fey and Steve Carrel, without them it would have been a lot worse

Legion 5/10 some good bits some poor bits and some annoyingly preachy bits, marked up because of the highly amusing frying pan of the face moment

...a bit disco

Unthinkable DVD -Good psychological thriller with a great performance from Samuel L Jackson.

Only letdown was Martin Sheens 'American' accent.

8/10

Cinema - The Expendables - Violent, loud and with great action scenes.

This movie surprised me as I was expecting horror but it's very enjoyable and the cast is terrific. Sly might be old but he knows how to make these kind of films, none of your weedy PG-13 nonsense. Cliche story but a team of merceneries target a bad guy in a south american state.

7/10

TV - District 9 - Interesting Sci-fi, bloody and well made.

For me the best movie of 2009, it's now on Sky. Filmed in a documentary style, the story about follows MNU employee Wikus as he serves eviction notices to the alien refugees in District 9. Brilliant story, amazing alien weaponry and technology and lot's of people explode. Brilliant movie.

9/10

Obviously the first one was sposed to be The Expendables.

Is 25 too young for alzheimers?

Edited by Lost Soul

marshallschunkychicken

Watched 'In Bruges' for the second time. Still a very good film second time round, even though I know what's going to happen.

7/10

Shutter Island : A wee bit slow and almost gave up on it after an hour, glad I stuck with it though so overall I'll give it 7/10

Watched 'In Bruges' for the second time. Still a very good film second time round, even though I know what's going to happen.

7/10

You don't know how much shit I've had to take off of black midgets, man

I almost wet myself at this. And that was before the karate chop :D

Just back from "The Girl who played with Fire". 8/10 and I can see the lead-in to the 3rd film.(I haven't read the last 2 books, as the 1st film was much better (imo) than the book)

10/10 to the make-up people!

Kick Ass. Very good film. I love dark comedies and this certainly falls under that category.

8/10

High Fidelity. Watched it again the other day having not seen it in a couple of years. It's a brilliant film. The characters are engaging and realistic while some of the one-liners are hilarious. Also the whole 'Top 5' thing is something that I love to do.

9/10

Jambojohnnyboy

Days Of Glory - 7/10. Interesting war movie about the role that Algerian soldiers played in the Second World War and the second class treatment and lack of recognition they received right up until 2006.

Just back from "The Girl who played with Fire". 8/10

Was the last film I saw at the cinema too. Not quite as good as the "dragon tattoo" but still excellent :thumbsup:

Had a couch day yesterday - Sky+ rerun of "Tomorrow Never Dies" . One of Brosnan's best. :)