Zal New Deal (Merged Threads)

Jambof3tornado

chester copperpot

Zaliukas is shite anyway, far too error prone. If he's holding the club to ransom, he can feck right off. I don't want him here either way, always been a bit of a bombscare IMO.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Charlie-Brown

again you are right but it is up to hearts to force the issue at the right time. now is clearly not the right time CB. come on you can admit that much?

For all we know (and lets face it just now we know nothing definite) Hearts have been trying to persuade him for months to sign a new deal even offering him the captaincy as a sweetener.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

He's a bit of an arse and he's not very bright. Probably not the ideal combination.

I am the same way of thinking as you. I hate when players are condescending about Hearts, terms like 'escaping', 'bigger and better things' etc get right on me nerves.

Yeah sorry guys thousands a week to kick a ball of air about... Please accept my most humble apologies for making your life hell.

One week in my shoes, that's all it would take and the wee lambs would be crying and seeking out mothers skirt-tails. Pah, the modern man eh. :rolleyes:

:lol:

Drylaw Hearts

It wouldn't be the first time that a player or his agent has informed the club very late in a transfer window they won't be intending to sign a new deal (assuming the speculation is true of course)

Now you know this and I know this so we'll assume VR and his footballing experts know this therefore why the hell did they decide to leave it so late to attempt to transfer him from FBK to Hearts on a permanent deal ?

This should have been done months ago to allow JJ more time to pick out another CH if a deal couldn't be agreed.

Drylaw Hearts

For all we know (and lets face it just now we know nothing definite) Hearts have been trying to persuade him for months to sign a new deal even offering him the captaincy as a sweetener.

Then the sweetener should only have been awarded when a deal was signed.

yes thats true and we don`t know and despite the 20 grand figures being talked about on here will probably never know the details.

however to leave it till this late regardless of the circumstances is p1ss poor in my opinion and zal`s hand, should have been forced, one way or another, weeks or possibly months ago.

I am the same way of thinking as you. I hate when players are condescending about Hearts, terms like 'escaping', 'bigger and better things' etc get right on me nerves.

Yeah sorry guys thousands a week to kick a ball of air about... Please accept my most humble apologies for making your life hell.

One week in my shoes, that's all it would take and the wee lambs would be crying and seeking out mothers skirt-tails. Pah, the modern man eh. :rolleyes:

:lol:

does a week in your shoes involve fannying about on here when you should be working? :ninja:

The Treasurer

It wouldn't be the first time that a player or his agent has informed the club very late in a transfer window they won't be intending to sign a new deal (assuming the speculation is true of course)

I seem to think that Zal was quoted as saying he was hoping to stay/get a new contract etc.

Maybe the club on hearing these comments thought that there was no rush to start talks with him and concentrated on bringing in new players.

It's also possible that his agent has had a wee tip that someone might come in for him in January so tried to chance his luck with getting him a bigger deal out of Hearts and made noises about the terms he was looking for and chosen this particular time as it would put the club on the spot for having time to sign a replacement.

On the other hand it could be a lot of classic JKB sweety wife tittle-tattle with no basis of truth in it what so ever.

Until the FACTS are known I will keep an open mind.

How many of those 17 games were under JJ ?

16 ?

Maybe that was a key factor ?

If Jose wasnt available for that start of the season we would of been looking at

Played 15

Lost 15

Hearts bottom of the league.

Yes, Csaba was that bad at the start of that season.

Where can I read the interviews where Zal makes those statements, which paper, magazine or media outlet are they published in.

The Treasurer

Where can I read the interviews where Zal makes those statements, which paper, magazine or media outlet are they published in.

Don't know Bob.

I could be talking pish (it does happen occasionally) but I just seem to remember reading something along those lines.

It was just the usual standard comments that players come out with, nothing more.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

does a week in your shoes involve fannying about on here when you should be working? :ninja:

'Fall apart', John my friend, that's what would happen to my work if I was not on hand to give my professional and experienced overview on matters. Sure we have a few Zali-types here that do not get the way things work but they naturally sink to the bottom like the chaff that they are while cream like me just rises and rises.

In fact you should really be pretty thankfull that I am here to offer you and the guys such direction on here aswell... All out of the goodness of my heart I might add.

Mothy is the gift that just keeps on giving. :thumbsup:

Tiberius Stinkfinger

'Fall apart', John my friend, that's what would happen to my work if I was not on hand to give my professional and experienced overview on matters. Sure we have a few Zali-types here that do not get the way things work but they naturally sink to the bottom like the chaff that they are while cream like me just rises and rises.

In fact you should really be pretty thankfull that I am here to offer you and the guys such direction on here aswell... All out of the goodness of my heart I might add.

Mothy is the gift that just keeps on giving. :thumbsup:

Good grief, you not sobered up yet ??

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Good grief, you not sobered up yet ??

I feel that my professional life is improved with alchohol... Makes those gutsy decisions easier to take.

You should see the rumpus room I got installed in the basement... 'Natty' to say the least, just would not be possible if I had made the decision sober. :thumbsup:

Jam Tarts 1874

surely this all depends on how much is being offered and asked for?

Maybe you should read my post again.

Irrespective of the facts or fiction surrounding this situation, I'd be pleased to see Zaliukas leave Hearts. I do agree with those who have said that the timing is atrocious though.

loveofthegame

Reminds me exactly of the situation with Jose.

Similarly, Zal is a half decent centre back who thinks he is much better than that. A long way from being a class act, and a long long way from being worth ?15k+ a week.

A first 11 player- yes. Irreplaceable- no chance. If he has had the cheek to ask for that kind of money, he can **** right off. Bouzid and Barr coped fine yesterday against last seasons '3rd force.' I'd be happy enough with those 2 through until January.

Maybe you should read my post again.

read it again. point still stands. how much offered and how much he wants are the two main figures.

Well this whole thread is based on nothing more thus far than complete speculation and JKB tittle tattle and it is still perfectly plausible that Zaliukas has gone home for contract negotations and treatment on his injury also the Lithuanian national team squad will be have been due to meet up however IF the speculation and gossip is true that he has refused a new deal and wants to run down his contract then he should be treated exactly the same as previous players that weren't fully committed and have knocked back offers to stay at Hearts.

i think, and this is MHO that at some point during the summer JJ and Zal have sat down and talked about his future. Maybe JJ got the impressing that he would sign a new contract, otherwise i don't think he would have made him Captain. What has happen since, is between, ZAL, Fed And Vlad ! And for the matter of record Jose was in talks for about 6 months before he was eventually frozen out, so i doubt that Zal will be frozen out for knocking back the first contract he gets offered !

winston churchill

Bombscare Zaliukas will never play for a bigger club than Heart of Midlothian, fact. thumbsup.gif

he'll be playing in the EPL soon.

just like the 100 meter dasher and larry the lamb :lol:

The Mighty Thor

i think, and this is MHO that at some point during the summer JJ and Zal have sat down and talked about his future. Maybe JJ got the impressing that he would sign a new contract, otherwise i don't think he would have made him Captain. What has happen since, is between, ZAL, Fed And Vlad ! And for the matter of record Jose was in talks for about 6 months before he was eventually frozen out, so i doubt that Zal will be frozen out for knocking back the first contract he gets offered !

And this is where HMFC in it's current guise get it so very wrong.

Transfer and contract negotiations take an age, usually leaving little or no time for a plan B signing.

For the record i'm not fussed if Zaliukas goes, i'm far more concerned that we are so weak in midfield and we have not rectified it. We've pished about with Bryson as much as we've fecked about with Goncalves and now it appears Zaliukas.

If Jose wasnt available for that start of the season we would of been looking at

Played 15

Lost 15

Hearts bottom of the league.

Yes, Csaba was that bad at the start of that season.

We would have been fine.

Csaba would have eventually figured out a central midfielder and left back were the best two centre halves at the club. :thumbsup:

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

According to EEN Zal is going to be speaking to Fedotovas and Vlad in Lithuania

The EEN went for the dramatic headline of "Zaliukas flies into Lithuania to discuss Hearts Future" completely ignoring the fact he has actually flown there to play against Scotland on Friday

According to EEN Zal is going to be speaking to Fedotovas and Vlad in Lithuania

The EEN went for the dramatic headline of "Zaliukas flies into Lithuania to discuss Hearts Future" completely ignoring the fact he has actually flown there to play against Scotland on Friday

Quality piece of reporting yet again by een lol

Archived