*** Official 2010-2011 Betting Thread ***

Acey

I had a beer and a chat with Paul Mulrooney a few months ago...well he had a bottle of water and I was reeking...

I met Robbo when he was Caley Thistle manager and he opened a medical centre in the village I grew up in.

I gave Dave Mackay a Vodka & Tonic that someone had bought him once...on the same night Drew Busby bought a pint off me.

Csaba gave me a hug once...

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw Dave MacPherson arguing with a bouncer outside Platform 1 bar in the early 90s, Gary Mackay out of his box at the hertz v rangers cup final and found myself standing next to Nade outside tynecastle not realising he was Nade (due to physical appearance).

Cardiac Rucksack

I think I may just win this thread.

I have abused David Hagen for being pish whilst reeking in a pub in Stirling. In the same said establishment I have stood next to the legend Stevie Boyack whilst at the bar.

I thank you.

Have added Blackpool to be bottom of EPL at Christmas @ evens and Bolton to finish above Blackburn @ 11/8 (both Paddy Power) to my antepost bets.

I have far too many antepost bets. :ermm:

shaun.lawson

Have added Blackpool to be bottom of EPL at Christmas @ evens and Bolton to finish above Blackburn @ 11/8 (both Paddy Power) to my antepost bets.

I have far too many antepost bets. :ermm:

But they're both good ones. The latter is a cert imo.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Found my first winner of the season.

Hearts

Rangers

Lay Blackpool

Lay Man City

20 returns 60

I once sat at the table next to Craig Gordon and his bird (chubby wee thing) in tastes good Chinese at Shandon just before he moved from Hearts. Massive shoulders on the lad.

The latter is a cert imo.

Blackburn are 8/15 to win that one...I'm convinced that I must be missing something.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Decent bet on Willie Hills this weekend.

Rangers v Sellick mythical match. Rangers are at evens to do better than Sellick against an AWFUL Killie side at home. I take it that it comes down to goals scored if they both win?

shaun.lawson

Blackburn are 8/15 to win that one...I'm convinced that I must be missing something.

Because people are still stuck viewing Bolton as strugglers, and Blackburn as the more established club. Personally, I think Blackburn will go down in the next two or three years, and may not return; and that Coyle can make Bolton a top ten side. Possibly even top eight if Villa get O'Neill's replacement wrong.

Looking forward to parting with my first scabby fiver of the season tomorrow. Between January and May last season I must have won about 6/7 coupons, including three in a row in late January.

Last week a ?2 bet was undone by a second half collapse from East Fife, when poised to bring in ?50.

I'm just getting warmed up. thumbsup.gif

Decent bet on Willie Hills this weekend.

Rangers v Sellick mythical match. Rangers are at evens to do better than Sellick against an AWFUL Killie side at home. I take it that it comes down to goals scored if they both win?

Think it's based entirely on goals. For example, Celtic win 2-1, and Rangers win 4-0 = Rangers win the "mythical match" 4-2. Celtic draw 4-4 (I know) and Rangers win 3-0 = Celtic win the "mythical match" 4-3.

Great bet if Rangers are even money...

Malcolm Tucker

I gave David Obua a gangster-ish handshake outside Shanghai just after he moved to Hearts. He was with Cesnauskis who also shook my hand.

Also there were Ksanavicius and Zaliukas who is, quite frankly, a bear of a human being.

I never once met Robbie Neilson, though :(

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I gave David Obua a gangster-ish handshake outside Shanghai just after he moved to Hearts. He was with Cesnauskis who also shook my hand.

Also there were Ksanavicius and Zaliukas who is, quite frankly, a bear of a human being.

I never once met Robbie Neilson, though :(

You never hung out much in lumberjack social clubs then I reckon. Robbie is bound to have only frequented places where beards were truly appreciated and he could feel relaxed.

Malcolm Tucker

You never hung out much in lumberjack social clubs then I reckon. Robbie is bound to have only frequented places where beards were truly appreciated and he could feel relaxed.

I'm quite often seen on the Cowgate. :(

I saw Velicka in Tesco at Corstorphine once. He was looking at cereals and drinking from a bottle of coke. My son recognised him and stood staring in that way 6yr old boys do at football players and he asked my son "Frosties or Weetabix?" My son told him he preferred Frosties and that's what Velicka bought.

Ha ha, class. :thumbsup:

I was taking money out at the cash machine at Morrisons in the Gyle 3 or 4 years ago, and a tall overshadowing figure stood next to me at the other machine. I looked up and it was the one and only Craig Gordon!! God I'd love to know what his balance was!

took the little one to the juniour jambos signing session and Driver remebered my face from facebook and the england shirt i had on in a pic for a laugh for my english mate(fyi my english mate had a scotland top on)

I don't want to be bettered on my own thread so....

When I worked in ASDA Chesser on the entertainment desk I had several separate Hearts player incidents:

1. Mark de Vries was buying ALL his Christmas shopping in one go and came up to collect the discs for a Star Wars box set. I gave him the chat, he was injured at the time and I felt I'd built up a rapport with him. So after finishing my conversation with my new pal at the desk I went to the back to get his DVDs and they were missing. It was the last copy. i then spent about 6 minutes weasling my way out of why they were missing etc. and why he couldn't buy them. It was really grim. He also bought a massive remote control car.

2. Calum Elliot bought a Playstation 3 from me, he'd scored a good free kick for the reserves vs Hibs the previous day so I gave him the chat. He seemed like a lost wee boy, asking what leads he needed to set it up etc. I just wanted to pat him on the back and say "it's ok". He then returned a few hours later saying his pal told him he needed another lead. He was wrong.

3. Bruno Aguiar bought a Nintendo Wii from me. I had to give him advice on what games to get despite the fact his English was really poor. He tried to explain a game that his friend had that was really good. It took about 10 minutes. It was Mario Kart and after all that, was out of stock. The next time he came in I asked him if he was enjoying the Wii and he looked at me like I'd just punched his wife in the face. I presume he didn't understand me.

I think I'm done.

(In the same store i also overheard Chris Hogg on the phone moaning because he only got a 4 in the paper the day after a Hibs game. Yass.)

Johanes de Silentio

Ooh - forgot this one: our band played the Bonnyrigg Hearts Player Of The Year Thing a few years back - Crabbo was there on Pressley's behalf, but Skacel and Brellier were the main attractions.

The place erupted when we played Seven Nation Army, but the best bit was when we played the "Julien Brellier" theme - he turned and gave us a :thumbsup:

In know - cool story, bro! :rolleyes:

(In the same store i also overheard Chris Hogg on the phone moaning because he only got a 4 in the paper the day after a Hibs game. Yass.)

:lol::lol::lol:

I once served Rob Jones at sainsburys whilst he was hibs captain, he bought an EEN which had his picture on the back, and a shedload of Dog food.

R Fuller almost ran me over in Gorgie Road, Julien Brellier & Micheal pospsil gave me a ?16 tip went i was working in Le Monde, Gary Mackay lives up the road from my parents and knows me by first name as he helped train the primary football team and my dad plays golf with and against Robbo and i sold Neil Berry electrical gadgets went he left football and went back to his original trade.

didn't want to put on previous post as i colud look like a winker

Ray Winstone

Larry Kingston, Richard Kingson, David Obua and Christian Nade were at my 21st.

Wage thievery was in full flow that night.

I did my work experience at the HMFC admin office about 13 yrs ago. Chatted daily with Robbo and Gary Mackay when they came in to read the papers and stuff. Also saw Darren Jackson and JC on the same flight down to London one day, served Steven Pressley at the bathroom shop I used to work at (he was very dour) and I just saw Robbie Fowler walking down my street in the centre of Perth a few days ago (he plays for Perth Glory in the A league now).

My dad tells me that while watching Hearts train at saughton with him when I was a toddler I ran on the park and attemped to tackle Willie Johnston(?) and he tripped over me.

Oh and I once saw Alan McLaren in Harrys bar and he was really fat.

Thats all the player spotting I have done.

I saw Dave MacPherson arguing with a bouncer outside Platform 1 bar in the early 90s, Gary Mackay out of his box at the hertz v rangers cup final and found myself standing next to Nade outside tynecastle not realising he was Nade (due to physical appearance).

It is highly unlikely but nevertheless possible that he was upset with the sharp contrast in service he was receiving compared to the Rutland which he had just left, where one night in the early 90s he was served immediately despite being about 4 back from the front of a very thirsty crowd by yours truly. Bought me a pint too the gent.

Also been on the same easyjet plane to Amsterdam with MDV, JC and tangoman.

Stood next to a highly inebriated Mike Galloway at the bar in what may have been The Amphitheatre at the time while he unsuccessfully begged some bursd to go to Munich for the 2nd leg of the UEFA cup game with him.

Ok think I'm gonna win this 1 hands down as i've thrown that wee clown Riordan out a nightclub (the days before he was banned), and he said to me do u know who I am and I said yeah a tosspot hibs player im a jambo now P off :D

Ok think I'm gonna win this 1 hands down as i've thrown that wee clown Riordan out a nightclub (the days before he was banned), and he said to me do u know who I am and I said yeah a tosspot hibs player im a jambo now P off :D

Shit, that beats my, I used to be Dave Mackay's dads juice man and he answered the door and paid one day. Dave that is. Also I wouldn't let Robbo in to the boozer that is now the Fantasy Bar when my mate, hibee, asked to look after the door while he went for a slash. He came back and let Robbo in. I was drunk, didn't recognise him and a power hungry KNOB for the 5 mins I was a bouncer.

heartsfc_fan

Used to work at the Holiday Inn bar/cafe at Costorphine and 5 years ago (the start of THAT season) we had all the new signings staying in the hotel. Skacel, Pospisil, Jankauskas, Brellier etc.

Brellier ordered a chocolate cake and Jankauskas ordered a bottle of Coors :thumbsup:

Later on that season when Goncalves and Beslijia (remember him?) came to the club I gave them a free drink...Both had vodka and red bull incidentally :thumbsup: I remember I was also working on a Sunday after a match and they signed my season ticket as I had it in my pocket. The same two players also asked me where they could find "some ladies" :rolleyes:

Stopped working there about 2 years ago now, and I was also told that Hearts players who are either on trial/just signed don't stay there anymore because apparently we paid our bills late (there's a surprise) <_<

Saw Csaba in the street once at Fountain Park, 2 years ago now. Said "alright shabba" and he said "hello" back. Also seen David Obua countless times driving around Slateford in his White Range Rover and bumped into him a couple of times at Cav.

Finally I was in WhyNot (not my choice, it was someones birthday) about a year ago and started chatting to Jamie Mole. Told him he was a legend (LMAO) and he was the best striker at the club (I was peshed). He told me how much he earned (only around ?500 a wee iirc).

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Used to work at the Holiday Inn bar/cafe at Costorphine and 5 years ago (the start of THAT season) we had all the new signings staying in the hotel. Skacel, Pospisil, Jankauskas, Brellier etc.

Brellier ordered a chocolate cake and Jankauskas ordered a bottle of Coors :thumbsup:

Later on that season when Goncalves and Beslijia (remember him?) came to the club I gave them a free drink...Both had vodka and red bull incidentally :thumbsup: I remember I was also working on a Sunday after a match and they signed my season ticket as I had it in my pocket. The same two players also asked me where they could find "some ladies" :rolleyes:

Stopped working there about 2 years ago now, and I was also told that Hearts players who are either on trail/just signed don't stay there anymore because apparently we paid our bills late (there's a surprise) <_<

Saw Csaba in the street once at Fountain Park, 2 years ago now. Said "alright shabba" and he said "hello" back. Also seen David Obua countless times driving around Slateford in his White Range Rover and bumped into him a couple of times at Cav.

Finally I was in WhyNot (not my choice, it was someones birthday) about a year ago and started chatting to Jamie Mole. Told him he was a legend (LMAO) and he was the best striker at the club (I was peshed). He told me how much he earned (only around ?500 a wee iirc).

That's how 'The Bullet' got his wings! ;)

The Comedian

Met Neil Pointon and Paul Ritchie when they took my school team, managed to chip Ritchie anaw. Robbo was supposed to go.

Spoke with Craig Levein when he was Cowdenbeath manager.

Got talking to George Foulkes while having a slash in Diggers. And no I didn't look at his welt.

My Mrs & I are very friendly with Craig Thomson's Mum and Stepdad

He came to the house a few weeks ago to pick up his folks after a BBQ at my house in his red VW Sirrocco

Nice guy always has time for the wee ones wanting photo's & autographs

Eggert Jonsson nearly hit my pal with a golf ball on the 4th hole at the Melville the other week.

Source: me!

Ryan Giggs hit me with a golf ball (honest) Carden Park GC around 2001, he also returned my putter that I left on the previous green, great guy by the way.

Was on a stagg do in Manchester a few years back, group of us walking along the road at about 5pm half canned and someone said "That's Wayne Foster at that bus stop"! Half of us who were jambos ran over and sang "wayne wayne super wayne" and the other half of the group who were hibbies stood on the other side of the road shouting abuse at us!

Woke up the next day and I'm not even sure it was him!!??!

On a side note the guy that won big brother that year (geordie boy Hutton?) was staying in the same hotel and we made him drink a pint out his cowboy boot at about 4 in the morning!..........Good time!

Shabba and his wife were at their daughter's ballet school show last year where I was working cos my wife is the ballet teacher. That burd that wrote the Harry Potter books was there too cos her daughter goes to the same ballet school.

My missus once back heeled Wayne Foster in the leg after watching him snog the face of a girl in the Rutland knowing full well that he was married with kids. :woot:

He stopped, looked around with that glaikit expression of his and carried on. :o

We went to another pub before she moved her backheelers any further up his leg to the groin area. :woot:

I told her we didnt want him injured for the next week so she then fell out with me :lol: although she didnt backheel me. :D:D

Snake Plissken

My first stint in Edinburgh was in 2005 and I saw a few players:

I worked at the petrol station in Dalry road for a few months during my student days and met a handful of players. I've sold Michael Stewart, Kenny Miller, Rais M'Bohli (Algeria's No.1) petrol. I also sold Chris Robinson an economy car wash.

I once saw Miko in GAME in the St James centre.

Less surprising is the revelation that I saw both Andy Webster and Robbie Neilson at Riccarton when I was up for a game of 7s. I was wearing a Hearts shirt and Robbie looked at me expectantly, I simply gave him a nod. 'cos that's how I roll.

More recently I saw David Witteveen in St Andrews square with his bird who was pretty meh.

Glad I could share :)

?5 on pays about ?80

Hearts

Falkirk

Livingston

East Stirling

?5 on pays about ?240

Everton

Sheff Utd

Ipswich

Stirling Albion

Arbroath

Good luck all :thumbsup:

Malcolm Tucker

I also saw Nerijius Barasa in River Island wearing a white polo neck and brown cords.

Met Sol Bamba too. Genuinely really nice guy, said he 'actually doesn't mind Hearts'. Bought me a drink. Might have been grooming me. Don't think so though.

Jamie Mole is an arrogant little shit from the times I've seen him. Met Calum Elliot a couple of times.

Met Kenny Miller when I was monged at City one time. He was wearing a **** load of fake tan, a string vest, a scarf thing and ripped jeans. And his bird was a ride. I said Hello, he shook my hand etc. Nice guy.

Steven Whittaker is sound enough too.

Celebrity spotting is FUN.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I also saw Nerijius Barasa in River Island wearing a white polo neck and brown cords.

Met Sol Bamba too. Genuinely really nice guy, said he 'actually doesn't mind Hearts'. Bought me a drink. Might have been grooming me. Don't think so though.

Jamie Mole is an arrogant little shit from the times I've seen him. Met Calum Elliot a couple of times.

Met Kenny Miller when I was monged at City one time. He was wearing a **** load of fake tan, a string vest, a scarf thing and ripped jeans. And his bird was a ride. I said Hello, he shook my hand etc. Nice guy.

Steven Whittaker is sound enough too.

Celebrity spotting is FUN.

laugh.gif

Malcolm Tucker

laugh.gif

I know, right?

Barasa's outfit was definitely the winner though. Like one of they old fishermen.

Six home wins for me this weekend :

Aston Villa

Sunderland

Derby

Huddersfield

Hearts

Rangers

?5 brings returns of ?180ish :thumbsup:

Archived