*** Official 2010-2011 Betting Thread ***

Acey

How much would you pay to see Hearts in Europe? I don't mean travelling to get there, I mean to see us qualify, finish 3rd.

I've spotted a good bet for Hearts fans, Dundee United 12/1 to beat Rangers, doubled with Celtic at 4/9 = 160/9 (17.78/1) (skybet). If this bet wins, lump it on Dundee United next Sunday who will be priced around EVS-5/4, say EVS. This = 320/9 (35.56/1).

Either Hearts get into Europe or you multiply your initial stake by 35 times.

I've placed ?30 on the Dundee United/Celtic double (next Sunday's games not available yet) meaning Hearts qualify for Europe and I lose ?30 or I make a personal financial gain of about ?1,000 - compensation you could call it.

The only possibility that you lose both ways is if Dundee United win their last two games, we draw with Celtic and lose the six goals difference. If Dundee United beat Rangers by one, Dundee United would need to beat us by three or more (if we draw with Celtic).

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sexton Hardcastle

Juve done me for ?230 last night.

2-0 up and conceeded twice in a minute. And Aberdeen done me for similar on sat.

Will be happy to see the back of this seasons efforts.

Say What Again

I've never recovered from HANS horse tip :(

Put 4 coupons on over the weekend and all 4 of them were beaten by one team. Even my feckin goal rush. :angry:

johndawgylt

I've quit lads, cancelled all my online accounts in disgust after I had ?100 on Higgins to win the snooker at 2/1 before he played Williams in the snooker then proceeded to wax the whole lot on horses.

How much would you pay to see Hearts in Europe? I don't mean travelling to get there, I mean to see us qualify, finish 3rd.

I've spotted a good bet for Hearts fans, Dundee United 12/1 to beat Rangers, doubled with Celtic at 4/9 = 160/9 (17.78/1) (skybet). If this bet wins, lump it on Dundee United next Sunday who will be priced around EVS-5/4, say EVS. This = 320/9 (35.56/1).

Either Hearts get into Europe or you multiply your initial stake by 35 times.

I've placed ?30 on the Dundee United/Celtic double (next Sunday's games not available yet) meaning Hearts qualify for Europe and I lose ?30 or I make a personal financial gain of about ?1,000 - compensation you could call it.

The only possibility that you lose both ways is if Dundee United win their last two games, we draw with Celtic and lose the six goals difference. If Dundee United beat Rangers by one, Dundee United would need to beat us by three or more (if we draw with Celtic).

I also put a ?10 single on Dundee United, if it wins (hopefully not) I'll take my ?40 out and put ?90 on Hearts-Celtic DRAW at 7/2, if we draw with Celtic, the majority of the ?405 will go on Dundee United either -1.5 or -2.5 depending how many goals they need to beat us by.

This covers all of the worst case scenarios.

I've also had a second thought about betting the full winnings from the Dundee United/Celtic double, I'd probably keep a couple of hundred then put the rest on Dundee U next week.

Hopefully it doesn't come to this and it's all over by tonight!!!

The Future's Maroon

Tonights bet...

Man City

Aberdeen

Rangers

St. Johnstone

four homes....9/1 (skybet)

Sexton Hardcastle

City Draw

Dons

Deportivo

Dont know why im bothering but thats that.

The Future's Maroon

Dont know why im bothering but thats that.

Pretty much sums up my attitude towards betting this season!!

Say What Again

Marseille

Anderlecht

Valladolid

Real Betis

Videoton FC

NK Domzale

San Jose

7/1

:lol:

Say What Again

Marseille

Anderlecht (3-0)

Valladolid (5-1)

Real Betis (3-1)

Videoton FC (3-1)

NK Domzale (2-0)

San Jose (0-1) :angry:

7/1

:lol:

And that's the 5th coupon on the bounce beaten by 1 team.

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Sexton Hardcastle

I went for one last shot at glory.

ICT

over 1.5 fhg in Valencia game

and both to score in hearts game.

done for 250 ish yet again.

Should really give it up

Anyone see anything of interest over the weekend?

Really dont fancy touching most of the prem games, think a coupons out the window.

Newcastle at 14s might be worth a 5er, league tied up, can't see much heart going into the game on Sunday.

Also, who does the goals galore coupons? I've only heard of Betfred doing them, but can't seam to find it on the website.

Say What Again

Also, who does the goals galore coupons? I've only heard of Betfred doing them, but can't seam to find it on the website.

I think all the big bookies do, mate. Ladbrokes and Coral (though there's is called Goals, Goals, Goals) definitely do.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Got ?2 on a Both Teams to Score coupon to keep up some interest this weekend.

Blackpool v Bolton - Currently 4-3

West Brom v Everton - Currently 1-0

Bournemouth v Huddersfield - Currently 1-1

Hibs v Aberdeen

Birmingham v Fulham

An Everton goal would set me up nicely for the two remaining games. Only ?29 return if it comes in but better than nothing.

I think all the big bookies do, mate. Ladbrokes and Coral (though there's is called Goals, Goals, Goals) definitely do.

Aye I found it on bet365 aswell, didn't end up doing it in the end which is a bit sheet as all prem games would have been up.

Say What Again

Aye I found it on bet365 aswell, didn't end up doing it in the end which is a bit sheet as all prem games would have been up.

Except Everton bud. They're losing 1-0

Except Everton bud. They're losing 1-0

I talk sh*te. Probably wouldn't of taken them to be fair.

Newcy tomorrow though.

A penalty to be awarded in the Celtic v Motherwell match and the Kilmarnock v Rangers match, both 5/2, ?4 on the singles, ?2 on the double (just over 11/1).

Say What Again

Tki Tavsanli Linyitspor

Dundee United

Ajax

De Graafschap

Sevilla

Liverpool

37/1 :lol:

Some weird odds floating about today.

Sporting Gijon 1/3 to beat Racing Santander.

Santander are 9/1 to win - Santander are above Gijon in the table. Apparently Santander are going to let Gijon win as they want them to stay up?

Also Cesena, a team sitting 15th in Serie A were 1/5 to win a match against 19th placed Brescia? Not sure I've ever seen such a low placed team in the league at such short odds.

Same with Sampdoria - 4/11 to beat Palermo. Sampdoria are 18th and Palermo 8th?

Something fishy going on I think!

I've stuck them all in a coupon so we'll see what happens.

Very strange.

Decided to stick a stream up of the Sampdoria v Palermo match for the last few mins to see what was going on.

The live betting had Sampdoria at evens to win and Palermo at 18/1 with just 5 minutes to go.

Palermo scored just with a couple of mins to go to go 2-1 up.

WTF is that all about?

Sexton Hardcastle

Samp had to win to stay up and didnt.

The only reason i know of as to why they would be such short odds/

Tommy Wiseau

The ref and Pinilla hadn't read the script - disallowed goals aplenty. Some of the Palermo players looked like they didn't know what to do when Pinilla scored the winner. :lol:

Had heard it was a carve up and was on it, along with Udinese, Cesena and Napoli/Inter draw. The other three all came in safely so it may have just been the red herring. Either that or Samp were supposed to win and were just so bad they couldn't manage it! :lol:

billyboy38

What would you do?? I have a twelve team accumulator and eleven have won :) just waiting on the Tic to win the cup..returns ?92 if Celtic win. Would you stick money on a draw or well win to cover your bet or let it all run on smeltic winning???

Draw 3/1 and well 7/1 bb :thumbsup:

Say What Again

Motherwell are 3/1 to lift the Cup mate. I would bet that instead of draws or Motherwell in 90 mins.

?20 on that would guarantee you ?60 profit if Well won the Cup, and ?72 if Celtic do.

Or if you strongly fancy Celtic, just have a tenner on Well to lift the Cup. ?30 profit to soften the blow.

Motherwell are 3/1 to lift the Cup mate. I would bet that instead of draws or Motherwell in 90 mins.

?20 on that would guarantee you ?60 profit if Well won the Cup, and ?72 if Celtic do.

Or if you strongly fancy Celtic, just have a tenner on Well to lift the Cup. ?30 profit to soften the blow.

If Celtic win the cup in extra time he'd lose the lot though.

Say What Again

If Celtic win the cup in extra time he'd lose the lot though.

:facepalm:

of course he would. Ignore me. :lol:

billyboy38

What would you do?? I have a twelve team accumulator and eleven have won :) just waiting on the Tic to win the cup..returns ?92 if Celtic win. Would you stick money on a draw or well win to cover your bet or let it all run on smeltic winning???

Draw 3/1 and well 7/1 bb :thumbsup:

I just let the bet run so happy days :) nice we return...

billyboy38

1 Man City @ 4/6

2 Chelsea @ 11/8

3 Arsenal @ 10/11

4 Man Utd @ 1/2

5 Tottenham @ 8/15

16/1

x ?10 :thumbsup:

No Nonsense

Notice Paddy Power are refunding all losing bets on certain markets (1st Goalscorer/scorecast etc)if Barca win on Saturday. Seems like a decent offer if you ask me.

Archived