Zal Is Captain! (Merged)

stephs

Clerry Jambo

Not your biggest fan Marius but all the best and lead our team with honour and pride and some ability!

Not your biggest fan Marius but all the best and lead our team with honour and pride and some ability!

very decent of you clerry, you`re being awfully nice on here this week

Did Wallace and Jonsson get the chance to win the captaincy that JJ said they would ?

:whistling:You wouldn't be suggesting Vlad picked this would you?

scott herbertson

If that's the price for getting Elliot and Toto it's a bargain

Did Wallace and Jonsson get the chance to win the captaincy that JJ said they would ?

yeah, did jj not run it by you first then?

Drylaw Hearts

I was simply asking the question.

I distinctly recall JJ stating that all 3 would get the chance to prove themselves prior to the Blackburn match.

Clerry Jambo

very decent of you clerry, you`re being awfully nice on here this week

Good observation John, i have changed my ways after years of abuse on JKB and have now joined the believers and accept anything that may come along.

Vlad is the man :whistling:

I distinctly recall JJ stating that all 3 would get the chance to prove themselves prior to the Blackburn match.

Fair enough mate but i would assume JJ has watched them in training and in matches and decided that big Zal is more of a leader on and off the pitch.

I would like to think JJ had the only say in this and believe he did.

Good observation John, i have changed my ways after years of abuse on JKB and have now joined the believers and accept anything that may come along.

Vlad is the man :whistling:

as one of the, supposed, happy clappers myself welcome aboard.

rossthejambo

Before this turns into a bitch-fest, well done Zal.

Now just sign a new deal and lead us to cup glory and you'll be a hero. :thumbsup:

I dare say that any Vlad influence behind any decision relating to Big Zal will come to fruition if he fails to sign a contract extension.

If that's the price for getting Elliot and Toto it's a bargain

Interesting perspective on the subject and may well be true as dear old uncle Vlad did say a couple of years ago that Hearts would always have a Scottish Captain.

Drylaw Hearts

no idea DH, was just noising you up. don`t know who was captain in the english friendlies.

I think it was Zal.

I wonder why JJ changed his mind ? I wonder how Wallace and Jonsson feel about not getting the chance they were promised.

Oh well.

That aside......

It's a poor appointment imo as he's a poor player and finds it difficult to concentrate on his own game without thinking about the rest of the team.

Hopefully this will focus him and help him cut out his slackness. Would much have preferred wallace to be given it

marvelous news. a real double whammy of pleasant tidings.

zaliukas in the team every week...

a few torn faces gutted...

The Treasurer

as one of the, supposed, happy clappers myself welcome aboard.

I think I possibly come under that umbrella as well, so welcome CJ. I always knew you'd see the light in the end thumbsup.gif

Commander Harris

I think it was Zal.

I wonder why JJ changed his mind ? I wonder how Wallace and Jonsson feel about not getting the chance they were promised.

Oh well.

That aside......

It's a poor appointment imo as he's a poor player and finds it difficult to concentrate on his own game without thinking about the rest of the team.

who says JJ changed his mind? ?I don't recall the initial comments but if he said that they'd "get a chance to prove themselves" as you initially said it's a very narrow interpretation that reads that as "they'll get a chance to wear the armband in a pre-season game. "

I think it was Zal.

Oh well.

That aside......

it's almost comforting to see the players getting promised stuff and having it rammed up thum, as well as us fans.

spreading the misery around they are. you could be next.

Robbo-Jambo

Find the choice slightly strange as he is only contracted till December. Would have thought an extension would have been in place before giving him the captaincy. <_<

Clerry Jambo

marvelous news. a real double whammy of pleasant tidings.

zaliukas in the team every week...

a few torn faces gutted...

A few torn faces maybe gutted Vic, but at the end of the day lets hope the team/fans don't suffer :thumbsup:

Commander Harris

who says JJ changed his mind? ?I don't recall the initial comments but if he said that they'd "get a chance to prove themselves" as you initially said it's a very narrow interpretation that reads that as "they'll get a chance to wear the armband in a pre-season game. "

found the quote:

"He is a candidate as are two or three others, like Lee and Eggert. I'll look at it over pre-season.

"I might use different captains in the first two or three games against Dunfermline and down in England You're looking for somebody who plays all the time, who gets the respect of the staff and the players and who is 100 per cent behind everything."

"I might" - yup, sounds like a promise. ?Wallace and Johnson will be gutted at this betrayal..?

Drylaw Hearts

Find the choice slightly strange as he is only contracted till December. Would have thought an extension would have been in place before giving him the captaincy. <_<

A good point.

Clerry Jambo

I think I possibly come under that umbrella as well, so welcome CJ. I always knew you'd see the light in the end thumbsup.gif

Oh I am going to miss other little tiffs T :rolleyes:

A few torn faces maybe gutted Vic, but at the end of the day lets hope the team/fans don't suffer :thumbsup:

that's why i said it was a double whammy of good news CJ. zal in the team will benefit the team, therefore us.

further clarifications will be charged at a premium rate.

Drylaw Hearts

found the quote:

"He is a candidate as are two or three others, like Lee and Eggert. I'll look at it over pre-season.

"I might use different captains in the first two or three games against Dunfermline and down in England You're looking for somebody who plays all the time, who gets the respect of the staff and the players and who is 100 per cent behind everything."

"I might" - yup, sounds like a promise. ?Wallace and Johnson will be gutted at this betrayal..?

Thanks for that.

I can rest easy tonight now.

Commander Harris

Thanks for that.

I can rest easy tonight now.

Glad I could help. ? :thumbsup:

That'll be him offski in December then :whistling:

Not as daft as it sounds... trying to flog him off as a club captain might add a few extra quid to his value

Drylaw Hearts

Not as daft as it sounds... trying to flog him off as a club captain might add a few extra quid to his value

Which won't be much imo.

gorgie_rebel

Wouldn't have been my choice for several reasons...but

Well done Captain Zal.

Hope he can get into peoples ears on the pitch and push them on through games

First and foremost i hope this appointment works out for HMFC and he has a great season and as other posters point out JJ knows best,

But IMO the man is a total bomb scare and should be allowed to leave the club at Christmas

Glad to get that of my chest.

Cardiac Rucksack

Wrong choice but hardly a shock decision.

The only choice for me, Wallace Eggy and the like are too young. Zal is the most vocal member of players during a game. If he didnt have any bombscare moments then he wouldnt be playing with us imo.

The only choice for me, Wallace Eggy and the like are too young. Zal is the most vocal member of players during a game. If he didnt have any bombscare moments then he wouldnt be playing with us imo.

Maybe Wallace can take over on January when Zal's contract has ran out.

rudi must stay

Wrong choice but hardly a shock decision.

we'll see I suppose but I think he's the right choice.. When he was captain last season I don't think he did much wrong

Correct choice.

Got a little bit responsibility last season and handled it well. Changed his attitude and temprament. Not concerned over his depature or not in December. None of us know if he'll stay or go yet and Wallace is an able deputy.

Zal should've got it last year anyhow instead of Stewart.

NortonFightClub.jpg

I am Jacks complete lack of suprise!

A strange choice given the previous rumblings of the club when it comes to players and contract issues. Whilst I don't thikn he is the right choice I still hope it works out well for both Zal and Hearts.

Big Zal - Der Kaiser

I still remember the day he went back into defence. Away to Falkirk on a Wednesday night. The snake was faking an injury and Big Zal stepped in for him and has never looked back.

Archived