Will QPR Owner Do a Romanov?....

siegementality

siegementality

From the BBC website

QPR owner Flavio Briatore said he was part of Bernie Ecclestone's bid to buy Chelsea but missed out to Roman Abramovich. He now says he will take QPR into the Champions League in four years. (Daily Mail)

Interesting comparisions between him and Romanov. Let's see how Briatore gets on.

He has already given each player a ?3K watch, which they might have to give back. How long before he wants to be a football manager?.

QPR were always there for taking. In fact, I'm surprised it took so long for someone to come in to buy them.

The Shepherds Bush and Hammersmith area is not too unglamorous for any prospective club owner; and what he has is a quintessentially cool West London football club.

QPR aren?t a ?big? team. But they?re kind of nonchalant and a little bit hip, in my opinion.

Come on you mighty Rs!!

Buffalo Bill

To be fair, his estimation of CL football might not be that far off given the amount of cash they have between the lot of them. I'm sure that guy Mittal, who bought in with them, is in the top 5 richest people in the world?

Mittal is right up there in the richest people's list and Briatore runs the Renault Formula one team So there is definitely money there.

To be fair to Vlad, he actually did get us into the champions league it was just very briefly.

For QPR to get up there in four seasons they need to be promoted and then spend a sh*tload. They won't be promoted this season either as they are low down in the championship. Basically they will need to come 4th in their second/third premiership season. The big four clubs and Villa, Man City and to a lesser extent Everton are so far ahead that it will be difficult for QPR to get up and catch them up

KilbrideJambo
QPR were always there for taking. In fact, I'm surprised it took so long for someone to come in to buy them.

The Shepherds Bush and Hammersmith area is not too unglamorous for any prospective club owner; and what he has is a quintessentially cool West London football club.

QPR aren?t a ?big? team. But they?re kind of nonchalant and a little bit hip, in my opinion.

Come on you mighty Rs!!

Buffalo Bill

The Mighty Rs have become my London team. Working there midwek I try catch their home games and love Loftus Road as a throw back to what grounds should be like - really close to the pitch and can get a great atmosphere - like Tynie with the corners filled in! De Canio has got them climbing off the bottom of table and with the power of the owners and Board now it will be interesting to watch and compare to our own situation. They are "Rangers" but also sing about the Hoops and their favourite drinking establishments close to the ground on the Uxbridge Road are Irish QPR pubs - an eclectic mix!!

Come on you mighty Rs!!

Buffalo Bill

they're a lot bigger team than us, or any other scottish outfit outside the gruesome twosome.

i agree with the buff.

the mighty R's have a ground the size of hearts and a massive catchment area. with the right marketing they can bring in new generations of fans and build up that fan base to a decent number.

biggest problem down there is the lack of space to rebuild Loftus Road.

they will be like us - struggling to get the space.

think i read somewhere that there is pretty much nae spare land in that end of London too.

MKK008_QPR.jpg

Archived