GOOD LUCK LIVERPOOL

Remnants of Standards

Remnants of Standards

Just like to say good luck to the famous Reds tonight - i'm sure you will all heartily concur, no(?!)

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate Liverpool more than I hate Italian football.

3-0 Inter, please.

(Can't see it though)

No Nonsense

Not that I hate Liverpool or anything but the numerous occassions I have watched them this season, they have bored me to tears (save Torres who is the damage). Even the first leg was pretty dire up until the last 10 mins... dont care who wins just hope its a good game. Saying that it will only be a good game if Inter score first.

Don't like Inter, but it's better they go through than have 4 English teams!

Liverpool are also just about the worst team in the world to watch, so the sooner they get emptied the better!

chester copperpot
hope liverpool get stuffed,scouse barstewards are worse than weegies.

C'mon ye reds, though I have Inter on ma coupon for 113 quid.

Not just that result though unfortunately.

I hate Liverpool more than I hate Italian football.

3-0 Inter, please.

(Can't see it though)

:thumb:

edit - why stop at 3?

543,232 - 0 Inter please :)

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Liverpool should start selling their DVD's and advertise them as a cure for insomnia.

Deans Jambo

And some feel they'd rather watch an Italian team in the nxt round. Even more booooooring! l/pool to win, bound to score on the break in this 2nd half.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Liverpool should start selling their DVD's and advertise them as a cure for insomnia.

You have some hatred for Liverpool lad!

The Old Tolbooth
Inter down to 10.

Liverpool get the rub of the green yet again.

Game over.

Oh you Toffee's are bitter bitter people, it's about as close as you can get to being a hobo, always in the big team of the citys shadow :D

The Old Tolbooth
Both ties ruined by the ref.

Inter have been screwed.

Diddums, come on the mighty reds!!!!! ;)

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

What a player Torres is.

What the feck is he doing at Liverpool though!

Bindy Badgy
Diddums, come on the mighty reds!!!!! ;)

I don't particularly care but if I was an Inter fan I would be rageing.

HMFCjamieHMFC
What a player Torres is.

were the only club who made a bid recently who didn't play in spain and hes a liverpool fan

What a player Torres is.

WHAT A GOAL !

They don't deserve it at all, inter have come out and played some really good stuff and those schemies have just sat in for the whole game !

i hope all the liverpool players have hired security guarding their houses while they are away,if not they will most likely be robbed,scousers are vermin.

HMFCjamieHMFC

but inter did cheat to win there champions leagues so i guess every thing levels out

Bindy Badgy

Interest had dried up in him before he went to Liverpool.

Bet there are a few clubs wishing they had made a bid now.

HMFCjamieHMFC
WHAT A GOAL !

They don't deserve it at all, inter have come out and played some really good stuff and those schemies have just sat in for the whole game !

its because benitez is one of the most boring tactile in history but it works so why not do it

its because benitez is one of the most boring tactile in history but it works so why not do it

Far enough if you are a small team to play like this but the amount of money that tool has spend since he has being there is out of this world, its over 150 million pounds ! compare that to what wenger has spent and how his team play ! And it is obvious that his style is not working because he has still not won the league ! Yes i know he won the big cup where you are right the style of football suited him.

HMFCjamieHMFC
Far enough if you are a small team to play like this but the amount of money that tool has spend since he has being there is out of this world, its over 150 million pounds ! compare that to what wenger has spent and how his team play ! And it is obvious that his style is not working because he has still not won the league ! Yes i know he won the big cup where you are right the style of football suited him.

thats why i want him to leave

The Old Tolbooth
D-McG

Johnmitchell's still bitter about the pie mate.

Call yersel a Liverpool fan? Hmmpphhhh!

Canny believe yer sticking up for the Toffees ya traitor :D

Goldstone Wonder

Can confirm that Interista is raging. Inter have been robbed in both games.

Even the Sky commentators conceded that.

The tie was won by Liverpool the minute Materazzi was sent off.

The sending off tonight was even more ludicrous.

The Scousers have been lining the pockets of UEFA officialdom to get the decisions like they did in the tie. Both refs won them both matches for three of the worst decisions you're ever likely to see in top class football.

Not even bribery will save them in the next round though.

Scallies!

shaun.lawson
Can confirm that Interista is raging. Inter have been robbed in both games.

Even the Sky commentators conceded that.

The tie was won by Liverpool the minute Materazzi was sent off.

The sending off tonight was even more ludicrous.

Even allowing for that though, there's a growing pattern here: Inter always seem to blow it, whatever the reasons might be. Truth is, I don't think they're that good, and on what I've seen, would fancy all four of England's representatives against them.

If Interista's raging, maybe he'd like to read this?

http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/sport/2008/03/11/all_too_easy_for_liverpool.html

Bear in mind that Rob Smyth is a fanatical Man Utd fan: praising Liverpool doesn't come naturally to him, to say the least...

Zali Cinnamon

The grannystabbers are gonna bore their way to another European Cup final by the looks of it. Two absolutely ludicrous sendings off over the two games as well.

Lucky teams > Good teams.

chester copperpot
The grannystabbers are gonna bore their way to another European Cup final by the looks of it. Two absolutely ludicrous sendings off over the two games as well.

Lucky teams > Good teams.

:77_77:

My feelings towards an English team are the Red Devils, but if Manu are beaten it doesn't ruin my night, if Liverpool, Chelsea, Aresenal win, similarly.

Priaise to Liverpool, especially Torres, but once again a potentially really exciting game of football ruined by a combination of a referee's performance and stupid guidelines they are given.

Was there ever at any point during that game a real cynical challenge meriting even a booking?

When is this madness going to stop?

The Old Tolbooth
The Scousers have been lining the pockets of UEFA officialdom to get the decisions like they did in the tie. Both refs won them both matches for three of the worst decisions you're ever likely to see in top class football.

Not even bribery will save them in the next round though.

Scallies!

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Are you Celtic in disguise?

:sobored:

Both ties ruined by the ref.

Inter have been screwed.

Didn't play that well anyway but bang on.

It was always unlikely that we'd win with a referee from Norway a hotbed of scouse sc?m support.

Even allowing for that though, there's a growing pattern here: Inter always seem to blow it, whatever the reasons might be. Truth is, I don't think they're that good, and on what I've seen, would fancy all four of England's representatives against them.

If Interista's raging, maybe he'd like to read this?

http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/sport/2008/03/11/all_too_easy_for_liverpool.html

Bear in mind that Rob Smyth is a fanatical Man Utd fan: praising Liverpool doesn't come naturally to him, to say the least...

I won't bother reading some vacuous pesh linked by you thanks. We always "blow it"? We've only been involved in the Champions League seven times so I don't see it as that dramatic.

At least we didn't feck it up against your Norwich diddies in 1993/94.

Well played to my English team Stoke City too.

shaun.lawson
I won't bother reading some vacuous pesh linked by you thanks. We always "blow it"? We've only been involved in the Champions League seven times so I don't see it as that dramatic.

LOL! I'm reeling here: how can I possibly come back from that? Not only did Stoke hoof their way to a defeat of 17th placed Norwich, but Inter even beat the mighty Canaries fifteen years ago. All hail both!

You clearly have magic powers: being able to dismiss an article as 'vacuous' without even bothering to read it doesn't come naturally to the rest of us mere mortals. Unfortunately, such powers do not appear to extend to your team. Question: what do the following clubs have in common?

Milan, Barcelona, Liverpool, Porto, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, Manchester United, Borussia Dortmund, Juventus, Ajax, Marseille, Red Star Belgrade, PSV, Steaua Bucharest, Hamburg, Aston Villa, Nottingham Forest, Feyenoord, Celtic.

That's right folks: they've all won the European Cup since Inter last managed it! And if Inter want to rid themselves of the jibes that they're chokers (seven Champions League appearances, one measly semi-final reached), that Serie A clearly isn't up to much at the moment, and that the reason they've not been Champions of Europe since 1965 (!) probably owes something to not being able to buy the referee (as they notoriously did during their 'golden era'), they need to win this competition - but in reality, they seem as far away as ever. Who knows: maybe that'll change once Mancini leaves in the summer - but there's a reason one of the golden rules of the betting fraternity is never to risk anything on Inter. They'll always find a way of letting you down.

Didn't play that well anyway but bang on.

It was always unlikely that we'd win with a referee from Norway a hotbed of scouse sc?m support.

the fact that you're rubbish and have a crap manager doesnt help either

Dusk_Till_Dawn
LOL! I'm reeling here: how can I possibly come back from that? Not only did Stoke hoof their way to a defeat of 17th placed Norwich, but Inter even beat the mighty Canaries fifteen years ago. All hail both!

You clearly have magic powers: being able to dismiss an article as 'vacuous' without even bothering to read it doesn't come naturally to the rest of us mere mortals. Unfortunately, such powers do not appear to extend to your team. Question: what do the following clubs have in common?

Milan, Barcelona, Liverpool, Porto, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, Manchester United, Borussia Dortmund, Juventus, Ajax, Marseille, Red Star Belgrade, PSV, Steaua Bucharest, Hamburg, Aston Villa, Nottingham Forest, Feyenoord, Celtic.

That's right folks: they've all won the European Cup since Inter last managed it! And if Inter want to rid themselves of the jibes that they're chokers (seven Champions League appearances, one measly semi-final reached), that Serie A clearly isn't up to much at the moment, and that the reason they've not been Champions of Europe since 1965 (!) probably owes something to not being able to buy the referee (as they notoriously did during their 'golden era'), they need to win this competition - but in reality, they seem as far away as ever. Who knows: maybe that'll change once Mancini leaves in the summer - but there's a reason one of the golden rules of the betting fraternity is never to risk anything on Inter. They'll always find a way of letting you down.

It's like betting on Liverpool to win the Premier League. A free glass of champagne for your chosen bookmaker.

I actual remember that game, bergkamp and souna up front for you lot. It was a joy to watch but i remember it was on something like 3 o'clock on a week day! When bergkamp signed for arsenal i was over the ****ing moon ! Most of my mates had never heard of him!

Back to inter being chokes, then this is true, defo in the last 15 years. With all that money that they threw at the team it has taken ages for you guys to get it right. I thought now after last year you boys would go on and had turned the corner but the seeds of self doubt are still there. I do reckon you boys were very unlike in both legs but i'm i right in saying that you could break the points record in seria a this year ?

shaun.lawson
I actual remember that game, bergkamp and souna up front for you lot. It was a joy to watch but i remember it was on something like 3 o'clock on a week day! When bergkamp signed for arsenal i was over the ****ing moon ! Most of my mates had never heard of him!

Back to inter being chokes, then this is true, defo in the last 15 years. With all that money that they threw at the team it has taken ages for you guys to get it right. I thought now after last year you boys would go on and had turned the corner but the seeds of self doubt are still there. I do reckon you boys were very unlike in both legs but i'm i right in saying that you could break the points record in seria a this year ?

My greatest memory as a Norwich fan, that. I thought we were better against Inter than we'd been in knocking out Bayern Munich: we had a ridiculously depleted, makeshift team out there in the Giuseppe Meazza (featuring one Gary Megson as sweeper!), but we played magnificently, took the game to them, and if Sutton and Ekoku hadn't squandered several great chances... ah well. Even the Inter officials described us as the best team they'd faced in years - plus, this was at a time when England had just failed to qualify for USA 94, and long ball football was all the rage.

Within months, that whole experience seemed like a dream: it's sad knowing I'll surely never see Norwich play on a similar stage again, but that's the reality now. Inter, meanwhile, were absolutely weird that season: they had a number of top, top players, went on to win the trophy, but in Serie A, ended up 13th, after flirting with relegation! Bergkamp never really did himself justice there, but old shaduw spitz was always likely to do the business for someone: one of the top three signings of the Premier League era, I'd say.

Archived