Jonny Wilkinson

Rawrrrrrrr

In the grand scheme of things, it's a mere bauble.

Scotland need to focus on the whole 6 Nations campaign, not get hyped up by racism and think that beating England is the ultimate prize.

Sadly to quite a few its the be all and end all.............:mw_rolleyes:

Say What Again
Did you just throw yourself into that genralisation there or are you admitting you love it when Scotland do poorly and don't support them?

Yes, of course i did.

I'm sure if you check back through this very tiresome thread, you'll find a post from me stating that I support Scotland in any international sport. Scotland is the country of my birth, why would I support anyone else? Clearly I missed the dual nationality ruling that gives me 'Scotland and anybody playing England at anything.'

I've watched the Scottish football team in Latvia and was in the stand in Estonia for the 'game that never was' (wondering how England were getting on :th_Yawn:)

But obviously I love it when Scotland 'do poorly'.

Can I ask hughesie, would it be acceptable if I rejoiced in England doing poorly? What about if Scotland do poorly but slightly better than England? A triumph?

As for your post overall, E- (must do (much) better)

As long as it's a better post than some England fan could make and all that though eh? :th_Yawn:

Gavin Hastings was a real legend. You never seen him moaning about his knee.... making stupid poses before he kicked the ball or most importantly crumpling under the pressure.

And Gavo broke a few records in his time as well.

Wilko is lame-o!

Gavin Hastings was a real legend. You never seen him moaning about his knee.... making stupid poses before he kicked the ball or most importantly crumpling under the pressure.

Wilko is lame-o!

LOL. What about his miss in front of the posts in the WC semi final v England. Talk about bottling it.

I've never seen him with a World Cup winners medal either. :)

Denny Crane
LOL. What about his miss in front of the posts in the WC semi final v England. Talk about bottling it.

Hmmm...showed plenty of bottle in the 1990 Grandslam decider. Stanger got the crucial try but it was Gav's creativity that made it. Had bottle aplenty to break our 26-year Parc de Princes hoodoo to score the winning try to beat France in the final seconds. 1989 Lions tour of Australia - showed nerves of steel (particularly as he was coming back from injury back then).

Denny Crane
I've never seen him with a World Cup winners medal either. :)

There's many a rugby player more worthy of legendary status than Wilkinson who doesn't have one of those. Serge Blanco, Frank Bunce, Naas Botha, Philippe Sella, Glenn Osbourne, Tana Umaga, Brian O'Driscoll.

And had the World Cup been around in the 70s - Gareth Edwards, Barry John, Phil Bennett, JPR Williams, Ray Gravell, Gerald Davies, JJ Williams et al may well have had more than one winner's medal to speak of.

There's many a rugby player more worthy of legendary status than Wilkinson who doesn't have one of those. Serge Blanco, Frank Bunce, Naas Botha, Philippe Sella, Glenn Osbourne, Tana Umaga, Brian O'Driscoll.

History will tell a different story. You kind of destroyed your own argument when you included O'Driscoll, one of the most over rated players ever, in your list.

And had the World Cup been around in the 70s - Gareth Edwards, Barry John, Phil Bennett, JPR Williams, Ray Gravell, Gerald Davies, JJ Williams et al may well have had more than one winner's medal to speak of.

Can't disagree with that, but I don't think anyone would argue those players weren't legends. They did everything that was expected of them at the time, and they can't do more than that.

Denny Crane

O'Driscoll is a better player then most give him credit for. On his day he's easily the best outside-centre playing today.

Hmmm...showed plenty of bottle in the 1990 Grandslam decider. Stanger got the crucial try but it was Gav's creativity that made it. Had bottle aplenty to break our 26-year Parc de Princes hoodoo to score the winning try to beat France in the final seconds. 1989 Lions tour of Australia - showed nerves of steel (particularly as he was coming back from injury back then).

Pity he showed he had no plums at all in the WC semi though..........:mw_rolleyes:

Denny Crane
Pity he showed he had no plums at all in the WC semi though..........:mw_rolleyes:

Take it you've played the game at the highest level then?

Besides, Hastings showed plenty of mettle to come back from that. There would have been those who would have crumpled and faded into obscurity.

Take it you've played the game at the highest level then?

Besides, Hastings showed plenty of mettle to come back from that. There would have been those who would have crumpled and faded into obscurity.

Oh diddums poor wee Gavin.

Denny Crane
Oh diddums poor wee Gavin.

Obviously you have personal issues with Mr Hastings regardless of the feats he achieved on the pitch.

Obviously you have personal issues with Mr Hastings regardless of the feats he achieved on the pitch.

Nah just find it hilarious how much you seem to love the guy.........

Archived