Golf Game

jamborich

8 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Do you mean the little inset window that shows your last shot? It can be turned off in-game by going to Menu->Options->Display->Scrolling down to Tee Shot Data and setting it to Off. I think. Try that though. Else I used to just manually click the X in the corner to close it out.

Yes.

I've been looking for that since...forever! Yes - the manual clicking closed was available but what a pain in the erse to do it every time.

I don't know if you're a WGT legend yet but for that answer alone you're a JKB Golf Game legend :D 

Had an email today saying that they are missing me and there's a pack of free balls if I sign in.

Signed in - nothing 🙁

Edited by graygo

9 minutes ago, graygo said:

Had an email today saying that they are missing me and there's a pack of free balls if I sign in.

Signed in - nothing 🙁

Maybe an infinite-sized pack of starter balls 😂😂

Can barely get used to those slower greens in the inter-club competitions.

2 hours ago, Boof said:

Maybe an infinite-sized pack of starter balls 😂😂

Can barely get used to those slower greens in the inter-club competitions.

It's weird 'cause in the previous country club tournaments the greens could be as high as 13! No idea why they're 9 this time.

1 hour ago, Justin Z said:

It's weird 'cause in the previous country club tournaments the greens could be as high as 13! No idea why they're 9 this time.

Previous tournaments that I've set up have allowed me to choose tournament or championship greens - or any speed, as far as I can recall.

This seems to be a default setting.

8 hours ago, Boof said:

Previous tournaments that I've set up have allowed me to choose tournament or championship greens - or any speed, as far as I can recall.

This seems to be a default setting.

Yeah WGT always vary the country club clash settings, so I guess this time they just chose green speed of 9 and moderate winds.

When you set them up yourself, yeah, that's sensible that they let you choose. 

• 2 months later...

Anyone fancy a quick round?

And by quick I mean less than 20 minutes between shots (for those who can remember my desperately slow internet back in the day :lol: ) - actually, I can finish a round in 20 minutes now.

25 minutes ago, Boof said:

Anyone fancy a quick round?

And by quick I mean less than 20 minutes between shots (for those who can remember my desperately slow internet back in the day :lol: ) - actually, I can finish a round in 20 minutes now.

Actually rage quit this a few weeks ago :lol: Tired of the poor programming, the inconsistencies, the pay-to-win model . . . wish there were an alternative as I do enjoy a good golf game.

Just now, Justin Z said:

Actually rage quit this a few weeks ago :lol: Tired of the poor programming, the inconsistencies, the pay-to-win model . . . wish there were an alternative as I do enjoy a good golf game.

Aw, man!

It's the only game I'll actually put some £ towards so I justify it to myself on those grounds. And then  it's only about £20 every 3-4 months when I need new balls - now that I've got clubs I'm reasonably happy with.

I just don't bother with pay-to-play tournaments or courses. Wish I could sink a few longer putts though :lol: 

• 5 months later...

Anybody played this lately?

If there's better (free) versions available I'd give them a go but quite content with this one.

What are you's playing this on? I'm playing on my phone. I'm still rubbish at it but getting better, it's miles better than golf clash though. If anyone wants a wee game add me Cruyff1874. 👍 

Love pissing around with Golf Clash when I'm supposed to be working. :D

Sod spending any money on the balls/club upgrades though. Always a seethe when you come up against someone who's splashed cash on pay-to-win-balls giving them mega spin control and yardage. Very pleasing when you beat them though.

7 hours ago, Cruyff said:

What are you's playing this on? I'm playing on my phone. I'm still rubbish at it but getting better, it's miles better than golf clash though. If anyone wants a wee game add me Cruyff1874. 👍 

Laptop or PC. Couldn't even imagine trying it on a phone!

@ArmiyaRomanova is the country club host for invitations.

7 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

Love pissing around with Golf Clash when I'm supposed to be working. :D

Sod spending any money on the balls/club upgrades though. Always a seethe when you come up against someone who's splashed cash on pay-to-win-balls giving them mega spin control and yardage. Very pleasing when you beat them though.

Never tried Golf Clash.

Free balls and clubs on WGT just made my meter too fast - far too frustrating for me :lol: 

On 20/06/2020 at 05:31, Boof said:

Anybody played this lately?

If there's better (free) versions available I'd give them a go but quite content with this one.

I completely rage quit this a few months ago. Just had enough with it I think, honestly

• 1 year later...
26 minutes ago, Boof said:

And 18 months later...anybody played this recently?

Managed a 59 - Ranked - around St Andrews last night. 

I play it all the time mate. Level 91 Tour Master. 

:smugger:

5 hours ago, weegranty said:

Not played in years,rather play actual golf now.

Would love a game of actual golf but I can't even hit the baw. :sob:

Edited by Cruyff

• 6 months later...

So 6 months after the last comment on this game..

I think i joined up for this game when this thread first kicked off over a decade ago.. Anyway I finally got into in over the last few months..

Have some decent clubs now, I'm level 84 - Master..

The question I have is about apparel.. I currently wear the C&M stuff for all 5 items (which i think gives a bonus).. looks shit but seems to help me with the distance of my irons.. Anyone got any good feedback about what I should be wearing to maximise my game.. also is it worthwhile to pay the 500 credits to just wear whatever you want?

If i get a reply to that question I have another about balls but that can wait to see if there are any responses..

• 2 weeks later...

image.thumb.png.35f0016f715687a4f8d00ff6935013bc.png

This is what I'm currently wearing. Upon looking at it I discovered that bonuses apply (either I never knew or I'd forgotten!) so I upgraded the glove and shirt. I'm hoping it makes no difference being a bursd and a righty.
I just chose that for shits 'n' giggles when we were playing against each other much more often. We even had a Ryder Cup team tournament on here (won by Edinburgh residents, I seem to recall).

I've not long progressed to level 91 so seem to be playing off the back-est tees for ranked rounds and it's fecking hard!!!

A slower meter would do me the world of good!

On 23/03/2011 at 08:07, Juanimator said:

CONGRATULATIONS TEAM 2

Well done R0880 - PJ - hmfc21 - Sosweb - Jamie - Sean - Dunks and myself...... :clap:

I'm sure everyone will agree it's been a great wee competition, loads of fun, excitement, sweaty palms

and copious amounts of erse twitching at times . . . :D

On behalf of Team 2 captain R0880, I'd like to say a special thanks to Team 1 for turning up, coz

without you guys we wouldnae have been able to kick your butts . . .:buttkick: (his words no mine) :whistling:

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t179/epogs/Kickbackers.jpg

Inaugural winners :lol: 

1 hour ago, Bigsmak said:

Is there still a country club for us? 

I think so but don't know what it does for us!

• 1 year later...

Not played for a while but would be up for a game/tourney.
For any of the original gang - my broadband speed has improved significantly :lol: 

I'm sure the period between shots gave Donny plenty of time to work on his designs.

Edited by Boof

1 hour ago, Boof said:

Not played for a while but would be up for a game/tourney.
For any of the original gang - my broadband speed has improved significantly :lol: 

I'm sure the period between shots gave Donny plenty of time to work on his designs.

Haha, do remember it being a pain! Forgot how much fun it is to play and have already got decent at tee to green again but putting is leaving a lot to be desired! 

47 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

Haha, do remember it being a pain! Forgot how much fun it is to play and have already got decent at tee to green again but putting is leaving a lot to be desired! 

Around St Andrews in 32 minutes for a 74.

Tee to green and putting the only areas that need a bit of WD40 to remove the rustiness. :lol: 

56 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

I've set up a wee practice tournament around St Andrews for those that are up for it. Should find it in the country club

What's the club called?