JKB Steady Drip Thread 08

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Calling all punters, here is a thread that might interest you.

Here is the basic guidelines of the 'steady drip'

1. Open an account on Betfair

2. Decide an amount to start with

3. Bets must be on football

4. Best way to do it is to bet on small odds and build up (1 goal or more)

5. Decide a target for yourself

My target is going to be to raise enough money to buy the new Ipod Touch:

apple-ipod-touch.jpg

I'm starting with ?30.

Bet number 1 is:

Excelsior v Feyenoord - Over 1.5 goals @ 1.15

(This could very easily go tits up at the first hurdle)

Feel free to follow it or post your own bets!

I'll do an over 2 goals bet (normally around EVS).

I'll start with ?10 and aim to get ?1000. = 7 correct bets (although I may start taking the shorter odds near the end)

?10 on Birmingham v Chelsea +2 @ EVS = ?20.

I did this last season

Had about 6 winning bets on 1 goal or more, then a loser, so it doesn't really pay off

Switched to over 2.5 goals (3 or more) and it was pretty succesful. You get about evens for it, so split your bank in 2, and as long as 1 comes up you break even

Walked away with about ?150 quid off a 10er, from about Last December to the end of the season

Should say that I will probably be picking teams that I expect to win as well as 1 goal or more bets.

apple-ipod-touch.jpg

I'm starting with ?30.

Bet number 1 is:

The current score in this match is Excelsior 2 - 0 Feyenoord so first bet has been succesful.

Father Tiresias

apple-ipod-touch.jpg

I'm starting with ?30.

Bet number 1 is:

Nice win for you tonight.

Just remember, don't get too greedy.

Nice win for you tonight.

Just remember, don't get too greedy.

Brother, it's you I have copied the thread from my man!

You not fancy joining in?

I'm currently at ?35

Will post my next bet tomorrow.

Father Tiresias
Brother, it's you I have copied the thread from my man!

You not fancy joining in?

I'm currently at ?35

Will post my next bet tomorrow.

Yes, I think I might. I've not done a steady drip for a while and fancy a new set of irons for the new golf season!!

Two poor defences should make for a high scoring derby today!

Come on the Hearts!

Bet 1: Excelsior v Feyenoord - Over 1.5 goals @ 1.15 - WIN

Bet 2: Hearts v Hibs - Over 1.5 goals - ?35 @ 1.24

Yes, I think I might. I've not done a steady drip for a while and fancy a new set of irons for the new golf season!!

If you dont mind me asking mate, what did you get up to previously, think I lost track.

Father Tiresias

I put on my first be just before I left for the game today.....

Bet 1. Hearts v. Hibs ?50 @ 1.06 1 goal or more

Bank now ?52.80

Two poor defences should make for a high scoring derby today!

Come on the Hearts!

Bet 1: Excelsior v Feyenoord - Over 1.5 goals @ 1.15 - WIN

Bet 2: Hearts v Hibs - Over 1.5 goals - ?35 @ 1.24

Oh Dear!

All is not lost though, I stuck a tenner on Velicka first goal scorer @ 6/1 :)

Bet 1: Falkirk to beat Gretna - ?30 @ 1.9

Father Tiresias
Oh Dear!

All is not lost though, I stuck a tenner on Velicka first goal scorer @ 6/1 :)

Bet 1: Falkirk to beat Gretna - ?30 @ 1.9

Sure that's a steady drip bet??

Wee tip for Saturdays, bet "lay next goal" instead of "1 goal or more" because you get paid when the goal is scored, not at the end of the game. Means you can have a few bets, hopefully!! ;)

Sure that's a steady drip bet??

Wee tip for Saturdays, bet "lay next goal" instead of "1 goal or more" because you get paid when the goal is scored, not at the end of the game. Means you can have a few bets, hopefully!! ;)

I'm bending the rules a bit. ;)

I use that tip quite often mate, can result in a quick few quid earned!

Father Tiresias

Bet 1. Hearts v. Hibs 1 goal or more ?50 @ 1.06

Bet 2. Blackburn v. Middlesbrough 1 goal or more ?52.80 @ 1.1

Bank ?57.82

Bet 3. Newcastle v. Bolton 1 goal or more ?57.82 @ 1.08

Bet 1. Hearts v. Hibs 1 goal or more ?50 @ 1.06

Bet 2. Blackburn v. Middlesbrough 1 goal or more ?52.80 @ 1.1

Bank ?57.82

Bet 3. Newcastle v. Bolton 1 goal or more ?57.82 @ 1.08

And its over. Very difficult to do, I made it to ?100 but then put on stupid bets. Going to try again as I want to pay for a holiday, trip down south and a PS3. Start with ?20.

Father Tiresias
And its over. Very difficult to do, I made it to ?100 but then put on stupid bets. Going to try again as I want to pay for a holiday, trip down south and a PS3. Start with ?20.

Stupid bet, you've summed it up.

Newcastle/Bolton is a game I wouldn't have touched with a bargepole a week ago but with the Keegan effect, I thought there would be a few goals.

Lesson learned!! :)

Stupid bet, you've summed it up.

Newcastle/Bolton is a game I wouldn't have touched with a bargepole a week ago but with the Keegan effect, I thought there would be a few goals.

Lesson learned!! :)

I layed 2-1 Getafe Sevilla. Now just layed 1-0 Villareal Valencia

and i just put money in my bet fair account for the first time in ages.

do they do it on the mexican football later on tonight?

Wish I was 18. Easy money this betting business. Had a look at a slip today and done 5 games 2 goals or over.

Chose Arsenal, Blackburn, Man U, West Brom (3-3 cardiff) and ST Mirren.

If I had moeny on it sure it would have been about ?120 with a tenner on.

Wish I was 18. Easy money this betting business. Had a look at a slip today and done 5 games 2 goals or over.

Chose Arsenal, Blackburn, Man U, West Brom (3-3 cardiff) and ST Mirren.

If I had moeny on it sure it would have been about ?120 with a tenner on.

are you far off? im sure a brother/older mate would help you out.

i work in a bookies and the current tactic seems to be stand out side and ask random people until someone puts it on for you.

I'll do an over 2 goals bet (normally around EVS).

I'll start with ?10 and aim to get ?1000. = 7 correct bets (although I may start taking the shorter odds near the end)

?10 on Birmingham v Chelsea +2 @ EVS = ?20.

:mad:

Ah well, will try again midweek.

Maybe ?5 on a double 2.5+ = 3/1.

A horrific start from everyone on this thread!! :eek:

I'm going to have another crack at it, this time being a bit more sensible.

Bet 1: Namibia v Morocco - ?10 on 2 goals or more @ 1.39

are you far off? im sure a brother/older mate would help you out.

i work in a bookies and the current tactic seems to be stand out side and ask random people until someone puts it on for you.

17 on Thursday.

What bookies are you at. I could just come into there:D;)

I was asked to collect a bet on Saturday from a group of boys that looked about 14. I refused.

Should have and legged it.

A horrific start from everyone on this thread!! :eek:

I'm going to have another crack at it, this time being a bit more sensible.

Bet 1: Namibia v Morocco - ?10 on 2 goals or more @ 1.39

Speak for yourself mate.

After laying Getafe Sevilla and the other game I cannot remember but mentioned above I took real madrid and then barce so im up to ?90 for initial ?20. Think I may take my ?20 stake out tonight and continue betting. I fancy Liverpool to win, maybe a few quid on Torres to score first, or might just do one goal or more.

Another go at this.

?5 on;

Portsmouth v Plymouth 2.5+ @ 8/11

Watford v Wolves 2.5+ EVS

Hereford v Cardiff 2.5+ 4/5

?5 = ?31.09

Starting this today...

?30 Arsenal Liverpool over 1.5 goals... 1.24

If that comes in I'll prob do chelsea Wigan over 1.5 @ 1.38

then if that happens fingers crossed I'll be able to take the 19:30 African Nations over 1.5 game @ 1.14 or their abouts.

Any luck I'll be close to ?60 by tonight.

ThinkI'll start this too. Nice and stead pregross myself over the next wee while. Simple bets nothing 'out there'.

end of december I placed ?10 onto my Betfair account just through boredom on one of my days off. I now have ?70 in my acc. Along the way I have lost bets but I'm trying not to be stupid with the bets. I look at home and away form before backing and also try to look for team new and injuries. I'm normally daft with betfair and sometimes try to make too much money at one time and lose the bet. This is probably my highest balance on betfair but i'm just going to continue with the looking at decent bets and making profit because thats what its all about. Said I wanted to reach ?100 so nearer it soon and then I will bank the ?80 and start again.

Everybody loves Baz

Well done, & good luck with reaching your target.

This is the kind of thing i fancy doing but haven't got the time or know-how to sit through all the papers looking at form guides or trying to understand 1.5 @ 13/8 i've no idea what it all means ???

Well done, & good luck with reaching your target.

This is the kind of thing i fancy doing but haven't got the time or know-how to sit through all the papers looking at form guides or trying to understand 1.5 @ 13/8 i've no idea what it all means ???

I'll give you a quick lesson in the odds,

The 2 ways you have written it there are the 2 ways they are presented, 1.5 is more common with internet gambling odds, 13/8 is more the bookies style of writing.

1.5 means for every ?1 you bet, you get 1.5 times the amount back + your stake so = ?1.50 + ?1 stake = ?2.50. (1.5 is the same as 1/2 bookie style)

I find it easier to work out bookie style, to work out 13/8 I add up the 2 numbers = 21 then divide by the second number = 21/8= 2.625 (that is including stake so ?1 = ?2.63.

If you were doing a multiple bet, say odds of 13/8, 4/5 and 2/1, I'd multiply 21/8x9/5x3(/1 don't need to divide by 1) = 14.175 = ?14.18 for ?1 staked.

See, I have look at the form and stats etc and Morecambe (won 4 out of the last 5 home games) are playing Notts County (drawn 3 and lost 2 of last 5 away game). This is the type of game I'd back because of the odds. Now Morecambe are 2.06 to win which is an even money bet.

Obviously dont quote any bets that I say but I'm gonna back them for interest purposes.

Visit this website http://stats.football365.com/ and then select the drop down boxes foe certain divisions. Its a good tool for deciding against bets like Hearts today :)

We are 2nd bottom of the form guide in the last 8 games, Hibs are bottom!.

See, I have look at the form and stats etc and Morecambe (won 4 out of the last 5 home games) are playing Notts County (drawn 3 and lost 2 of last 5 away game). This is the type of game I'd back because of the odds. Now Morecambe are 2.06 to win which is an even money bet.

Obviously dont quote any bets that I say but I'm gonna back them for interest purposes.

Visit this website http://stats.football365.com/ and then select the drop down boxes foe certain divisions. Its a good tool for deciding against bets like Hearts today :)

We are 2nd bottom of the form guide in the last 8 games, Hibs are bottom!.

I was using that site regularly last season but I wasn't winning from it. How are games at the moment in terms of form (eg are the form teams winning?)

Not too bad. The key is looking at league position though and how that team has faired against either lower or higher league teams. Its been ok hence from ?10 to ?70. Have backed Boro on BBC1 the now but unsure of them to be honest.

Everybody loves Baz
I'll give you a quick lesson in the odds,

The 2 ways you have written it there are the 2 ways they are presented, 1.5 is more common with internet gambling odds, 13/8 is more the bookies style of writing.

1.5 means for every ?1 you bet, you get 1.5 times the amount back + your stake so = ?1.50 + ?1 stake = ?2.50. (1.5 is the same as 1/2 bookie style)

I find it easier to work out bookie style, to work out 13/8 I add up the 2 numbers = 21 then divide by the second number = 21/8= 2.625 (that is including stake so ?1 = ?2.63.

If you were doing a multiple bet, say odds of 13/8, 4/5 and 2/1, I'd multiply 21/8x9/5x3(/1 don't need to divide by 1) = 14.175 = ?14.18 for ?1 staked.

Now don't take this the wrong way mate, and i do appreciate the time and effort you've taken to try and explain it to an idiot which is myself.:confused:

But isn't this about the 4th steady drip thread you've started this season ??

And if so doesn't this mean that you've not been taking your own advice?? :ninja:

i should say that you've explained it clear enough for me but i'm not ready to take your tips if you see what i mean ?

Now don't take this the wrong way mate, and i do appreciate the time and effort you've taken to try and explain it to an idiot which is myself.:confused:

And if so doesn't this mean that you've not been taking your own advice?? :ninja:

i should say that you've explained it clear enough for me but i'm not ready to take your tips if you see what i mean ?

He hasn't given you any tips. Just explaine dhow bets work.

I've started the King of the Punters game, which is a bit different to this as you don't need to actually put money on, that is the only one I've started.

Talking of steady drip, I'm ignoring all that and going all out attack, 2.5+ goals in Hereford v Cardiff tomorrow and that is ?5 turning into ?30!!!:cool: P'rtsm'th v Plym'th and Watf'rd v Wolv's both gave me 3 or more today:)

That match has draw written all over it;)

Particularly since it's after the game and it finished 1-1:rolleyes:

Starting this today...

?30 Arsenal Liverpool over 1.5 goals... 1.24

If that comes in I'll prob do chelsea Wigan over 1.5 @ 1.38

then if that happens fingers crossed I'll be able to take the 19:30 African Nations over 1.5 game @ 1.14 or their abouts.

Any luck I'll be close to ?60 by tonight.

Thats me up to ?66.41

Withdrawing my stake and carrying on today.

Hereford v Cardiff finished 2-1, that is the 3 goals I needed for my 2.5+ treble, I now have a fine ?31.09, I'll bet half, possibly midweek.

I've stopped doing the drip for a while but will be back soon with a new attempt.

Have had a pretty successful betting weekend though and managed to withdraw ?100 on my Betfair account.

Thats me up to ?66.41

Withdrawing my stake and carrying on today.

Ended up backing nothing yesterday... feel I was luck on sat, will be back on it today I thinks.

Right ere goes.... back on tonight....

Withdrew my ?30 stake after a good weekend. was going to start again at the weekend but below is a stick on.... hopefully.

?36 on Man U - Portsmouth over 1.5 goals @ 1.23

Archived