?450,000 Turned Down For Bryson

CJGJ

I am sure he does but 450 grand is a huge amount of money to bid for a player from Killie who does not seem to be on the radar of any other club. I just think there must be better options available if we have this kind of money to spend. I do not think we should be going any higher than about 200 grand for Bryson. Rangers only paid about 400 grand for Boyd when there was much more money kicking about in football so how can Killie expect more from us for a player who has achieved far less than Boyd had prior to his move.

Rangers payed Kilmarnock ?400k for Boyd in the January transfer window a deal Kilmarnock where happy with, He was out of contract at the end of the season and could have left for nothing.

Bryson contracted till 2013, a bit different

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still think we'll get Bryson in a cash plus player deal.

not sure about the player bit but i think we will still sign him as well. killie will accept an offer close to the transfer deadline is my guess.

Hi guys I've been reading the Bryson stories on here for a while now I can hopfully clear up a couple of things now that the bid has become public. Firstly, I'm related to Bryson's agent (through marriage) so I ask him every now and then whats going on. Apparently we have made a couple of offers to killie one around 250k and one around 375k. Both have been rejected by the Killie chairman who values Bryson at 750K+. As far as the valuation goes the bank support this figure and would not be happy to allow him to be sold for less. There is interest from the championship and apparently a couple of clubs have indictaed they may match killies valuation. I've asked about Brysons state of mind regarding the transfer, apparently he isn't fussed either way. if a bid is accepted he will begin talks wiht us but if it doesn't happen then he's happy to continue at Killie. Apparently he's geting on well with Mixu. Wage wise - I asked how much he is on, he wouldnt tell me but said he is on top tier at killie which can be anything from 1500 per week up to 2,500. Considering he signed his contract extension a couple of summers ago when it was thought extra setanta money was coming in i suspect he's sitting around the 2,000 mark. On a related point apparently the wages at Killie are nowhere near as bad as the press suggests and that in actual fact they pay around the 7th highest in the league at the moment. Since the last bid was rejected there has been no further contact from ourselves and im guessing it was at this point we stepped up our interest in Hartley.

Hi guys I've been reading the Bryson stories on here for a while now I can hopfully clear up a couple of things now that the bid has become public. Firstly, I'm related to Bryson's agent (through marriage) so I ask him every now and then whats going on. Apparently we have made a couple of offers to killie one around 250k and one around 375k. Both have been rejected by the Killie chairman who values Bryson at 750K+. As far as the valuation goes the bank support this figure and would not be happy to allow him to be sold for less. There is interest from the championship and apparently a couple of clubs have indictaed they may match killies valuation. I've asked about Brysons state of mind regarding the transfer, apparently he isn't fussed either way. if a bid is accepted he will begin talks wiht us but if it doesn't happen then he's happy to continue at Killie. Apparently he's geting on well with Mixu. Wage wise - I asked how much he is on, he wouldnt tell me but said he is on top tier at killie which can be anything from 1500 per week up to 2,500. Considering he signed his contract extension a couple of summers ago when it was thought extra setanta money was coming in i suspect he's sitting around the 2,000 mark. On a related point apparently the wages at Killie are nowhere near as bad as the press suggests and that in actual fact they pay around the 7th highest in the league at the moment. Since the last bid was rejected there has been no further contact from ourselves and im guessing it was at this point we stepped up our interest in Hartley.

Cheers - very interesting.

I was told that the bid for Bryson was dead and this to me confirms it.

Let's get a striker now......

rossthejambo

No big loss IMO if we sign Hartley. Stevenson, IMO, could be the answer to the attacking midfielder role that we're looking for.

A new striker would certainly be a better option. Let's hope we can get someone in.

good post,hopefully we can all move on, lets get Hartley signed, and bring in a striker who will get us goals, Clarkson or Giffiths would do, TBH i think Griffiths would be more suited to playing alongside Kyle

hoofhearted

I have been told that the fat fin will get a players budget of around 250000 pounds by next week and that's why they are dragging this out there has been interest in two other killie players from other spl clubs and from the lower divsions in England. they hope to get at least 1 million in from combined transfers and other savings. From what I have been told they will have at least six loan players and two will be young finish players who might be here till Christmas if good enough to be put straight into the first team frame.

Any idea when Hearts are going to confirm the signing of Hartley PTBCAL?

HillmanHearts

good post,hopefully we can all move on, lets get Hartley signed, and bring in a striker who will get us goals, Clarkson or Giffiths would do, TBH i think Griffiths would be more suited to playing alongside Kyle

Not desperately gutted about Bryson as TBH do not remember too much from his performances at Tynie or on TV.

Hartley & Clarkson would be cracking.

Think Clarkson would be too dear tho. Did he not cost ?800k not long ago ?

Alternatively It would be good if JJ could get a quality forward in from left field.

And it would be great to be done without the weeks of pesh & speculation that we normally have to suffer !

You know just do a fecken deal & then get him here with a fecken scarf above the head.

Hearts transfer sagas are bloody painful !!!!

Archived