?450,000 Turned Down For Bryson

CJGJ

who,

bryson or sicknote.

Whilst I believe you are a Hearts fan Winston-you have to be one of the most negative posters ever on JKB. Dont get me wrong -there are a lot of things that annoy me about our team/players but i dont get the point of being ultra negative like you-(There are a few other posters like this too so you are not alone :whistling: ). BTW there also is someone who panders across on docksiders.net who sucks up to them with your username-surely it isn't you is it?

Never understand why people suck on either site but whatever floats your boat :rolleyes: Apologies if it isn't you- certainly giving you a bad name if it isn't you

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tommy Wiseau

nope you're wrong.

you tried being a smart arse when i said i hope we don't end up with egg on our face like we did with jose.

you came back with the once in a life time craig gordon deal.

i said nade.

i am going out to take the wee man for his golf lesson so i'll leave you with a few others to think about.

pinilla

kingston

and the likes of mole,elliot ect with 5 year deals.

:laugh:

You're such a clever cookie you can't even read back a few posts to get the correct starting point of our discussion. Enjoy your golf, and remember to start on the first tee.

ToadKiller Dog

People getting players worth mixed up with the players Transfer value .

Drivers talents have been noticed down south so far our knowledge points to this not being the case for Bryson .

In Bryson's case so far we seem to be the only club interested in him ,we are in the Scottish market where ?450,000 is a spectacular price as i said earlier a top price in the scottish market out with what maybe celtic could offer at this time .

Now if a championship team wanted him clealry Killie could expect a price relevant to that market possibly ?1m plus

as of now nobody has offered ?3.5m for Driver from that market think it was ?2.5m or around that from Burnley .

You can not compare the two on values set in different markets .

The two players relative worth is a differing matter clealry Driver is not 8x better than Bryson but i think he is a better talent all things being equal.

Clearly if we were to try to punt Driver in Scotland nobody would offer near ?3.5m .

. BTW there also is someone who panders across on docksiders.net who sucks up to them with your username-surely it isn't you is it?

Trust me, Winston would be the last person to do that.

Drivers talents have been noticed down south so far our knowledge points to this not being the case for Bryson .

In Bryson's case so far we seem to be the only club interested in him ,we are in the Scottish market where ?450,000 is a spectacular price as i said earlier a top price in the scottish market out with what maybe celtic could offer at this time .

Now if a championship team wanted him clealry Killie could expect a price relevant to that market possibly ?1m plus

as of now nobody has offered ?3.5m for Driver from that market think it was ?2.5m or around that from Burnley .

The two players relative worth is a differing matter clealry Driver is not 8x better than Bryson but i think he is a better talent all things being equal.

Clearly if we were to try to punt Driver in Scotland nobody would offer near ?3.5m .

Couldnt put it any better.

Cardiac Rucksack

Where did the Driver is injury prone pi?h come from? He had a poor season last year with injury, but his other seasons he played alot of games. Sounds like too many folk are listening to flumps over on Iwishdeekwouldimpregnateme.net

Where did the Driver is injury prone pi?h come from? He had a poor season last year with injury, but his other seasons he played alot of games. Sounds like too many folk are listening to flumps over on Iwishdeekwouldimpregnateme.net

Not really the thread for it, but, Driver has had injury problems most of his Hearts career, ie his whole career.

Andrew Driver is injury prone.

kennyblack'sshot

so the injury prone/when will he kick a ball this season driver.

is worth 6/7/8 times bryson.

How good Driver is can be seen from how much we missed him last season. He's had one season with a bad injury, having played a lot of games for such a young player. He's still only 22 and has played almost 90 times. He didn't look out of place for England U-21s against a German U-21s team containing the likes of Ozil and Boateng (who you might recognise from the WC this year) and he's a shoe-in for a Scotland cap as soon as he's fit. His goals to games ratio is about as good as ?8m rated Aiden McGeady.

And left-sided wide midfielders/wingers attract a premium by the way as there are very few decent ones - just look at who England have been forced to cap in that position in the past. Alan Thomson! Steve Guppy! Driver is easily worth ?3.5m. What Hearts are trying to avoid by holding out for a higher fee is the Stephen Fletcher scenario - after just one season in England all of a sudden he's suddenly a 6.5m player.

Johanes de Silentio

According to the Scotsman, Killi want ?450k for Bryson, it doesn't say we've offered that.

This - if we offer any more than 250k for Bryson in the current economic climate, then we're stupid - if Kille turn down 250k for Bryson in the current climate, especially given the financial mess they're in, then they're stupid!

I was actually quite glad when it was posted last night that we had given up on Bryson, and that the deal was dead - not because Bryson's a bad player, but because Kilie are playing funny buggers - **** them!

Posted before on another Bryson thread - from what I hear the Killie Chariman will not do business with JJ at all - thus effectively Hearts. If they have turned down ?450k for Bryson then he is off his head. The player clearly wants to come to Hearts.

Johanes de Silentio

Not really the thread for it, but, Driver has had injury problems most of his Hearts career, ie his whole career.

I've always been told that he'd struggle to pass a rigorous medical, but that's just what I've been told - no great source!

Isn't it the case, though, that the operation Driver has just had, is meant to be a long term solution to his persistent problems?

Fat Striker

Posted before on another Bryson thread - from what I hear the Killie Chariman will not do business with JJ at all - thus effectively Hearts. If they have turned down ?450k for Bryson then he is off his head. The player clearly wants to come to Hearts.

If this deal is truly dead then I'm wondering what the plan B is?

If we potentially have that kind of cash to bargain with surely we can pick up someone half decent.

Jefferies has often spoke of having several targets but we have no real evidence who else he is after.

Robbo-Jambo

Unless the Bank force him to do business at that price. <_<

Trust me, Winston would be the last person to do that.

Cool m8, someone with the same username had started a thread on Driver which read like it was being typed by one of them.

Glad to be wrong-apologies the real Winston :)

Cardiac Rucksack

Im not sure he is as injury prone as some would have us think. He got rushed back by Csaba a few times last season which did not help.

jamboinglasgow

Good post, as you say people get too mixed up with what a player is worth and what a transfer value is. If a Championship club came in you could argue he could go for up to a million but then again if you compare him with Arfield, who is younger and a U21 Scottish internationalist who plays a similar position, Arfield went to Huddersfield for only ?400k so a lower team in Scotland doesn't have the same ability to grab big money transfers, even James MacArthur who was originally seen as going for over a million is not look as likely to go for that much.

I've always been told that he'd struggle to pass a rigorous medical, but that's just what I've been told - no great source!

Isn't it the case, though, that the operation Driver has just had, is meant to be a long term solution to his persistent problems?

I have no idea. However, it would obviously be the best news for Hearts and for Driver.

Im not sure he is as injury prone as some would have us think. He got rushed back by Csaba a few times last season which did not help.

As for Laszlo, that would only account for last season. I cannot be bothered doing it again, but the last time somebody mentioned this I checked out the stats and it was something like 20 games a season (guess obviously) he was missing through injury.

Cardiac Rucksack

I have no idea. However, it would obviously be the best news for Hearts and for Driver.

As for Laszlo, that would only account for last season. I cannot be bothered doing it again, but the last time somebody mentioned this I checked out the stats and it was something like 20 games a season (guess obviously) he was missing through injury.

I cant be bothered either but I dont think it can be anything like 20 games. We are a better side with him in the team of that there is no doubt.

The Mighty Thor

This saga must be coming to a head one way or the other now surely?

?450,000 is a whole lot of money in today's market and particularly when we are carrying the debt we are. Bryson has looked OK in the times i've seen him play but that's about it, no more than OK.

If Killie won't deal then maybe we just crack on with looking elsewhere and get someone in before the season is upon us.

portobellojambo1

Agree with this, don't think he is injury prone at all. He has one specific injury which has kept him out of the side for a lengthy spell, and was probably aggravated by continually being rushed back into the side too quickly by the previous management. His recent exclusion from the side has created an average of around 11 games per season missed since making his first team d?but,

But most of the games missed have actually been as a result of this one injury, which even stretching the imagination to the limit, couldn't be remotely termed as constantly prone to injury.

Unlucky in this one instance is more accurate.

I cant be bothered either but I dont think it can be anything like 20 games. We are a better side with him in the team of that there is no doubt.

Well, my recollection wasn't far off. Last season we played 44 games, Driver managed 14. Ignoring that from the debate though, lets look at the previous years....

2008/2009 League 29, Scottish Cup 2

Hearts played 41 games that year.

2007/2008 League 23(2) Scottish Cup 1, League Cup 2(1)

Hearts played 44 games that year.

2006/2007 League 17 (3) Scottish Cup 2

Hearts played 48 games that year.

That works out at an average of 17 games.

I am afraid, Andrew Driver = Injury prone.

linkin- hearts

Well, my recollection wasn't far off. Last season we played 44 games, Driver managed 14. Ignoring that from the debate though, lets look at the previous years....

Wasn't that the reason for his operation, to cure this long term injury he's had?

jamboinglasgow

Well first of all, you cant use 2006/7 seasons games as he wasn't actually an established player that season, yes he played 20 games but does that mean that he didn't play in the other 18 league games because of injury?

kennyblack'sshot

Appearances don't tell the whole story. Are you sure he missed those games through injury? Young players tend to be in and out of the team at first and can be inconsistent. Look at Lee Wallace - about the same age and with similar stats for those three seasons. Is he also injury prone?

He broke into the team at 19(?) so that seems like a good number of appearances for someone that young to me. And how many changes of manager did we have during that time? 2? 3? He has had one major injury and a few of the usual niggles.

Cardiac Rucksack

I dont for a second think he missed all of the games through injuries, he is after all only 23, and wasnt a first pick from after his first game. This has snowballed, fueled by the flumps.

As much as I want Bryson here I would now rather we went after other targets and put Bryson on the back burner for the time being.

Absolutely,nothing against Bryson,............but there are as good, if not better Bosmans out there right now.

Bryson would be a good signing, but it's worth remembering that lots of teams did better than Killie last season without him.

If thats' the money Vlad is considering spending, it could be used more wisely IMHO.

Ibrahim Tall

players from kidderminster harriers /portvale and arsenals youth teams have been capped at under 21 level.

jamie the mole and silky suso have played in europe.does that mean they are worth more than bryson.

Who?

Well first of all, you cant use 2006/7 seasons games as he wasn't actually an established player that season, yes he played 20 games but does that mean that he didn't play in the other 18 league games because of injury?

Andrew Driver started our pre-season that year and was expected to be a first pick following the departure of you know who. He got injured during our first pre season game and missed a few months. IIRC, that was the season he fell out with VR and missed two or three games, being restored immediately after signing his deal.

Appearances don't tell the whole story. Are you sure he missed those games through injury? Young players tend to be in and out of the team at first and can be inconsistent. Look at Lee Wallace - about the same age and with similar stats for those three seasons. Is he also injury prone?

He broke into the team at 19(?) so that seems like a good number of appearances for someone that young to me. And how many changes of manager did we have during that time? 2? 3? He has had one major injury and a few of the usual niggles.

Actually, you are not far off. Pity that one major injury has been blighting him for so long.

I dont for a second think he missed all of the games through injuries, he is after all only 23, and wasnt a first pick from after his first game. This has snowballed, fueled by the flumps.

Ever since Andrew Driver made his first appearances for the club, he pretty much immediately became first choice. Instead of floundering, you should just admit you got it wrong, none of us are perfect.

Cardiac Rucksack

Andrew Driver started our pre-season that year and was expected to be a first pick following the departure of you know who. He got injured during our first pre season game and missed a few months. IIRC, that was the season he fell out with VR and missed two or three games, being restored immediately after signing his deal.

Actually, you are not far off. Pity that one major injury has been blighting him for so long.

Ever since Andrew Driver made his first appearances for the club, he pretty much immediately became first choice. Instead of floundering, you should just admit you got it wrong, none of us are perfect.

I dont agree that he is injury prone. We are both allowed our opinions.

jamboinglasgow

except he didn't miss a few months in his first season from pre-season, he made his debut at the end of August scoring a cracking goal in the 4-1 victory over ICT.

shaun.lawson

I dont agree that he is injury prone. We are both allowed our opinions.

Seriously? I think BH is spot on to be honest.

Andrew Driver has masses of potential - and when he plays well, Hearts tend to do likewise. Fingers crossed his surgery has made the difference. But so far, he's often been erratic, and certainly injury prone. As others have said, I also think it's obvious Laszlo rushed him back far too fast last season. There were threads on here castigating his performances, but he was playing with an injury throughout. I think it's appalling that Laszlo did that.

Cardiac Rucksack

If he spends this season like he did the last then I will agree with BH right at this moment I dont.

Johanes de Silentio

Wasn't that the reason for his operation, to cure this long term injury he's had?

Yes.

If he spends this season like he did the last then I will agree with BH right at this moment I dont.

I've had this discussion with BH before, I didn't think he was injury prone either

Michael Owen however, played more games in his career than Driver in his first 4 or 5 seasons and he was definitely considered injury prone

Like you said though, this season is make or break for him to get as much of the season as possible and justify/improve his transfer fee

Sorry for going back to the topic of the thread :thumbsup:

450k for bryson is the max we should offer in fact for that money I would rather we brought in 2-3 players or someone like the lad fyvie at aberdeen that looks a much better prospect at only 17!

Andrew Driver has masses of potential - and when he plays well, Hearts tend to do likewise. Fingers crossed his surgery has made the difference. But so far, he's often been erratic, and certainly injury prone. As others have said, I also think it's obvious Laszlo rushed him back far too fast last season. There were threads on here castigating his performances, but he was playing with an injury throughout. I think it's appalling that Laszlo did that.

Can Laszlo really be blamed for that? You can only go on what your doctors, physios and other medical staff are telling you. He wasn't the expert, they're meant to know what they're doing though...

Robbo-Jambo

Just read on BBC teletext that fat Mixu says that our offer for Bryson is WAY,WAY BELOW what Killie value him at. Make of that what you will. :huh::huh:

Robbo-Jambo

We either offered a lot less than the reported ?450k or they value him a hell of a lot more than that. <_<

CavySlaveJambo

ok from The BBC. I think this is what Robertson-hearts is referring to.

Also Kilmarnock have no money. They also don't even have a complete 1st team squad. In those terms can they actually afford to loose bryson so therefore setting the price artifically high, as if to say, we need him "PAWS (HANDS) OFF"

Robbo-Jambo

ok from The BBC. I think this is what Robertson-hearts is referring to

Hopeless with these link things. :unsure: Cheers Helen. :thumbsup:

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

JJ did the exact same thing in the semi against St Bribery. Think the medical staff were to blame for this one and I know for a fact he was reluctant to be rushed back. Seems he was right.

If ?450,000 was really turned down, then we walk away.

I know JJ rates Bryson, but I'm sure he can find someone better for the kind of money we'd need to spend to sign this guy.

So Hearts are being asked to pay more for Bryson than the Huns did for Boyd ?

In the middle of a recession in which Killie are all but bankrupt ?

Maybe Vlad should leave them his number and get them to call back when they stop sniffing the laughing gas.

If Killie have turned down ?450k, I think we should look elsewhere as you could buy considerably better with that kind of money.

An SPL player with no international caps, playing for a club who have been in the relegation zone for the last few years, cannot be valued at or above that price.

How much did we pay for Colin Cameron 10-15 years ago? About 400k + John MIllar? Maybe 450k for Bryson is a good deal - but if they're trying to negotiate with Romanov they're messed.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Watching a team of wage thieves since 2006 (to be changed following the long overdue departure of Kingston , Nade , etc ).

Ahem. :thumbsup:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/2009/07/28/hearts-star-andrew-driver-an-injury-doubt-for-season-opener-86908-21553171/

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/2010/04/14/hearts-ace-andrew-driver-hit-with-fresh-injury-blow-86908-22185642/

i am not having a go at driver.

i am having a go at posters who are making him out as some kind of world beater.

the boy has/had injury problems.

can anybody in the know tell us if/when he will be fit again?

i'll say it again,in my opinion he is worth(if fit)2 million.

i hope the deal we turned down from burnley does not come back and take a chunk out our bottoms.

didn`t you also say we should bite burnleys hands off (or something similar) when they offered just 1.5 million?

just as well nobody shared that opinion.

i`m just glad craig levein, csaba, jj, brian laws and the huge majority of hearts supporters recognise real class when they see it.

as i said before he will go for 3 million plus when he does go.

If the story is true that we have offered 450 grand for Bryson and Killie have knocked it back this should be the end of our interest in Bryson. Having watch Killie against us for the last few seasons i have not even noticed Bryson and i would have expected him to stand out if he was any good. If we have this kind of money to spend there must be better options available.

If the story is true that we have offered 450 grand for Bryson and Killie have knocked it back this should be the end of our interest in Bryson. Having watch Killie against us for the last few seasons i have not even noticed Bryson and i would have expected him to stand out if he was any good. If we have this kind of money to spend there must be better options available.

You dont think JJ might know him a wee bit better

You dont think JJ might know him a wee bit better

I am sure he does but 450 grand is a huge amount of money to bid for a player from Killie who does not seem to be on the radar of any other club. I just think there must be better options available if we have this kind of money to spend. I do not think we should be going any higher than about 200 grand for Bryson. Rangers only paid about 400 grand for Boyd when there was much more money kicking about in football so how can Killie expect more from us for a player who has achieved far less than Boyd had prior to his move.

Archived