Gards

Beardy Man Signs For Mcgoo [Merged]

Jamboy81

i`ll tell you what i will do i`ll loook at each situation as it happens and form an opinion when the facts are known. until then i won`t whine on like a broken record blaming the worlds troubles on vlad.

Neither will I, but I will blame most of the club's troubles on him, because he is crux of the problem, and I think most fans equipped with common sense have realised that. No matter how much you bury your head in the sand and stick your fingers in your ears, the problem is still there.

1874robbo

Did a quality player choose the sheep over us,yes or no?

Would he have chosen them over us if he hadn't been asked to make alleged Ricc 3 statement. YES OR NO?

johnjl

Did a quality player choose the sheep over us,yes or no?

aye your right rudi aberdeen can now attract a better player than us... based on ONE incident. typical vlad basher, focus on one thing and ignore the whole picture. much the type of behaviour you expect from a baby when it`s lost it`s dummy.

1874robbo

the black and white of it is as follows:

If it wasn't Paul Hartley i.e a player who wasn't on the naughty step with Vlad and he had two offers from Heartsand the sheep. He'd choose Hearts, that's it.

Hartley wanted to come here first I've no doubt about it but since he was messed about he signed for them.

How some people can't see that it's unreal :blink:

Spot on,hope Rudi reads this.

Sheepie

fair enough that`s your opinion however the guy`s arguement was that aberdeen can now attract a better class of player and he was basing this SOLELY on the hartley signing which is an utterly ridiculous arguement.

And that, I agree with.

It's simple, quality is (typically) directly related to salary, the better quality the higher the salary and, at present, Hearts pay a higher wage than Aberdeen. That, in turn, should result in Hearts attracting a higher quality player than Aberdeen. Simples as some migh say.

johnjl

Neither will I, but I will blame most of the club's troubles on him, because he is crux of the problem, and I think most fans equipped with common sense have realised that. No matter how much you bury your head in the sand and stick your fingers in your ears, the problem is still there.

it`s the vlad bashers that can`t face reality. he saved us from leaving tynecastle, he gave us the best team i have ever seen in maroon in 2005/06. we are among three clubs in the spl who are still bidding cash for players. yes there are lots of things he has done badly but if he was to walk out tomorrow we would be screwed, bust, moving to murrayfield or something similair. we have already signed two players this close season and made moves for dorman and bryson but naw.."we wanted hartley". well your not ****** getting him so stop whinging like a girl and lets crack on.

Sheiky Baby

And that, I agree with.

It's simple, quality is (typically) directly related to salary, the better quality the higher the salary and, at present, Hearts pay a higher wage than Aberdeen. That, in turn, should result in Hearts attracting a higher quality player than Aberdeen. Simples as some migh say.

Wrong again

Player A is offered ?1,000 a week from both Hearts and Aberdeen. He will choose Hearts

Strange fans the sheep have.

and that my friend is simples :thumbsup:

rudi

aye your right rudi aberdeen can now attract a better player than us... based on ONE incident. typical vlad basher, focus on one thing and ignore the whole picture. much the type of behaviour you expect from a baby when it`s lost it`s dummy.

THEY JUST HAVE FFS,IT'S FACT.

1874robbo

What an absolute plum you are!!!!

johnjl

is it just numbers you have a problem with? i even highlighted the ONE for you. aberdeen have attracted a better player to them on ONE occassion.

read the posts even the aberdeen fan doesn`t agree with your point.

Sheepie

Wrong again

Player A is offered ?1,000 a week from both Hearts and Aberdeen. He will choose Hearts

Strange fans the sheep have.

and that my friend is simples :thumbsup:

The facts in this case, as supported by direct quotes from plyer SPH in question, suggest otherwise.

ahm, jog on.

rudi

the black and white of it is as follows:

If it wasn't Paul Hartley i.e a player who wasn't on the naughty step with Vlad and he had two offers from Heartsand the sheep. He'd choose Hearts, that's it.

Hartley wanted to come here first I've no doubt about it but since he was messed about he signed for them.

How some people can't see that it's unreal :blink:

FFS man,who did Paul Hartley sign for Hearts or the sheep,it's simple.

Who signed a quality mid-fielder out of the two bidding for his signature?

At this moment in time the sheep can,and has just been proved,sign a better quality player than Hearts,regardless.

Now what if other players that were thinking of moving to Hearts see whats going on,again, and say "bugger that".

Sheiky Baby

The facts in this case, as supported by direct quotes from plyer SPH in question, suggest otherwise.

ahm, jog on.

HAHAHAHA so deluded...

If you could actually read the post before last I clearly stated why PH signed for you. I'm pretty sure you can read

Francis Albert

At this moment in time the sheep can,and has just been proved,sign a better quality player than Hearts,regardless.

Now what if other players that were thinking of moving to Hearts see whats going on,again, and say "bugger that".

It's now almost five years since people started saying "no self respecting British manager or player would join Hearts". I don't think one story in the SUN, unreported anywhere else, is going to make it any truer than it ever was.

Edited by Francis Albert

Sheepie

In this instance, Aberdeen have trumpted Hearts for a signature. Granted, no question.

Over the past wee while though, Hearts have been offering higher wages and attracted known better quality player as a result. As long as Hearts are paying higher wages, they will continue to attract known higher quality players than Aberdeen.

In no way would i say that the SPH transfer outcome can be used to demonstrate their is a shift happening. for long enough we've thgouht players might be put of Gorgie due to Vlad but whwn it comes down to it, money talks.

Sheepie

HAHAHAHA so deluded...

If you could actually read the post before last I clearly stated why PH signed for you. I'm pretty sure you can read

OK wee man.

I'll bow to what you think and your supperior intuition and ignore what has just happened. :rolleyes:

johnjl

your right rudi, hearts are now over as a force in scottish football all because, for whatever reason, paul hartley went to aberdeen instead of us. forget the fact that barr and kyle chose us and not them also put aside that hearts have a bigger budget than aberdeen so will be able to pay bigger wages. ignore the fact we have a bigger home support, finish on average in a higher league position, have appeared in more finals and won more trophies in the last 15 years, are more centrally based, appear in europe more often and have a better manager than the increasingly unpopular mcghee.

your right any player with half a brain cell will chooose aberdeen over hearts because paul hartley did and they won`t think to consider any other factors. great logic.

Edited by johnjl

rudi

It's now almost five years since people started saying "no self respecting British manager or player would join Hearts". I don't think one story in the SUN, unreported anywhere else, is going to make it any truer than it ever was.

Whats that got to do with the fact,right now,maybe not tomorrow,the sheep have managed to sign a better quality player over Hearts,jeeso you just bring things in to stir it up,no one has mentioned that till now.

Fact is Paul Hartley is now a sheep player,it was a two horse race he chose them over us.

CBjambo

Hartley wasn't wanted as much by Hearts as you seem to think...

I think the fact that he talked to Hearts FIRST then the sheep and plumped for them was largely down to where he saw himself in the setup with each team... at Hearts he'd be competing for a midfield berth and probably used sparingly, while at the sheep he was going to be made club captain and a regular starter... now for Billy Big Balls it was obvious that the sheep wanted him and needed him more (like he said in his interview) and so he went there.

Don't let the little Vlad side story corrupt your brain FFS... PH was always a fans 'want', not a JJ 'must have'!!!

You've let JKB ruin your brain.

Sheiky Baby

OK wee man.

I'll bow to what you think and your supperior intuition and ignore what has just happened. :rolleyes:

Wee man :lol: Some people when they have a keyboard in front of them :lol:

mis-accomp-delusion.gif

1874robbo

Whats that got to do with the fact,right now,maybe not tomorrow,the sheep have managed to sign a better quality player over Hearts,jeeso you just bring things in to stir it up,no one has mentioned that till now.

Fact is Paul Hartley is now a sheep player,it was a two horse race he chose them over us.

Can you explain without referring to Vlad or sergei why PH signed for them over us then.

I am eager to here your logic!!!

Tasavallan

Aberdeen can now attract a better quality player than Hearts,does that put it into perspective,man.

I'll break a rule and reply to a Rudi post.

Hartley chose Aberdeen - FACT. But Hartley did not choose Aberdeen over Hearts. Hearts was his first choice HOWEVER for whatever reason Hearts rejected Hartley. In the end he did not have a choice to make as the only offer on the table was Aberdeen's.

All things being equal, Aberdeen cannot attract better quality players than Hearts, the same way that Hearts cannot attract better quality players than the OF(GTF). However, if Hartley's desire was to return to the SPL and Rangers, Sellick & Hearts did not offer him a contract then Aberdeen would be the next club down the list.

Sheepie

Wee man :lol: Some people when they have a keyboard in front of them :lol:

mis-accomp-delusion.gif

I'm celebrating the FACT SPH has signed for us.

Your spouting pish and wind as to why he may not have signed for you.

I'll let you decide who the deluded one is........wee man.

Patrick Bateman
Sheepie

I'll break a rule and reply to a Rudi post.

Hartley chose Aberdeen - FACT. But Hartley did not choose Aberdeen over Hearts. Hearts was his first choice HOWEVER for whatever reason Hearts rejected Hartley. In the end he did not have a choice to make as the only offer on the table was Aberdeen's.

All things being equal, Aberdeen cannot attract better quality players than Hearts, the same way that Hearts cannot attract better quality players than the OF(GTF). However, if Hartley's desire was to return to the SPL and Rangers, Sellick & Hearts did not offer him a contract then Aberdeen would be the next club down the list.

This is contrary to what SPH has aid himself. Incase you've missed it...

"Both clubs were looking for my signature," Hartley told RedTV. "It (Hearts) was an option but as soon as I spoke to Mark and Willie I knew I was working with genuine people who really wanted to bring me to the club. They sold the club."

1874robbo

"Both clubs were looking for my signature," Hartley told RedTV. "It (Hearts) was an option but as soon as I spoke to Mark and Willie I knew I was working with genuine people who really wanted to bring me to the club. They sold the club."

What do you want him to say ffs.

I suppose it would go down well with the sheep fans if he had said "my first choice was hearts but after them trying to force me to make a statement against my wishes i chose Aberdeen"

Sheepie

What do you want him to say ffs.

I suppose it would go down well with the sheep fans if he had said "my first choice was hearts but after them trying to force me to make a statement against my wishes i chose Aberdeen"

but you say Hearts were not an option.

".. for whatever reason Hearts rejected Hartley. In the end he did not have a choice to make as the only offer on the table was Aberdeen's."

If that was the case, why say he hd an offer from both clubs?

Geoff Kilpatrick

Sheepie, there's a fine line between gloating and being on the wind-up.

kingantti1874

Don't think many other players would be asked to publicly apologise to our great leader before signing...as has been proven over the last 2 decades when hearts an Aberdeen target a signing in the majority of instances they come here... Paul Hartley is a one off, to all intents an purpose was a hearts player until this bizarre request...you have to take that into account.. For sure though hearts ate the losers in this situation ...

adam1998

The key thing was 'They were' but then cooled their interest for whatever reason, whilst we are not happy as fans - there is NO way if both clubs had the same offer on the table he would choose Aberdeen- 'It's Grim up North' and the fans still are living in the 80's

If you believe he chose your guys over Hearts- 'Dont Stop you're meds' :thumbsup:

Sheiky Baby

I'm celebrating the FACT SPH has signed for us.

Your spouting pish and wind as to why he may not have signed for you.

I'll let you decide who the deluded one is........wee man.

Keyboard warrior eh? Funny guy

If you honestly think PH signed for you as a first choice rather than us then away off back to gaga land with the rest of the sheep.

I could imagine PH saying how it was just after signing for your joke of a team

"Aye well eh what happened wis eh... Ah wanted to sign for the JT's like but Vlads a bawbag and didnae gimmie an offer. There wis nae chance ah wis signing fir the old firm so ah thought I'd take a chance wi the sheep ken. Hopefully we dinnae get relegated like"

GOOD YIN!!! :blink:

1874robbo

I believe Aberdeen have made a good signing in Paul Hartley Sheepie but seeing as you like to deal in facts here they are.

Paul Hartley had 2 clubs interested in his signature Hearts and Aberdeen FACT

Paul Hartleys 1st choice was Hearts FACT

He chose Aberdeen FACT

Due to behind the scenes interferene and not a footballing decision he declined Hearts offer FACT

Paul Hartley would rather be holding a Hearts scarf above his head than an Aberdeen one Fact

adam1998

".. for whatever reason Hearts rejected Hartley. In the end he did not have a choice to make as the only offer on the table was Aberdeen's."

Because unlike when McGhee signed and said 'Celtic made a mistake NOT choosing him' i.e Aberdeen were a backup plan, Hartley has more tact and wanted to get the fans on side i.e not saying Aberdeen were the only choice left although they probably were :whistling:

1874robbo

Where did i say hearts were not an option? oops i re read it,my mistake.

Edited by 1874robbo

Sheepie

I believe Aberdeen have made a good signing in Paul Hartley Sheepie but seeing as you like to deal in facts here they are.

Paul Hartleys 1st choice was Hearts FACT SPECULATION

He chose Aberdeen FACT

Due to behind the scenes interferene and not a footballing decision he declined Hearts offer FACT SPECULATION

Paul Hartley would rather be holding a Hearts scarf above his head than an Aberdeen one FACT SPECULATION

:thumbsup:

CBjambo

:thumbsup:

Now you've got old man hartley... are you going to stop singing about him getting a bj from Vlad?

Logic1874

Bit sad that Hartley didn't come to Hearts - but not surprised why he didn't,

Romanov built up the hype then came out with his hidden agenda,

Hats off to Hartley for telling him to GTF,

Good thing about him going to Aberdeen is McGhee going to play him in same position Celtic

did - which imo won't get best from him,

Hopefully on his return to play against Hearts he respects the fans and we do also in

return - there is only one Paul Hartley - but we got him at his best :thumbsup:

berrasbraw

Can someone put up PH radip interview of a few weeks back,and you will see what he thought of us,along the lines of 'I dont care what anyone says Hearts are the 3rd biggest club in Scotland' so if you think he chose you's over us you are deluded Sheepie. More like he never had an option.

Boomstick

Remember when Aberdeen beat us 3-0 last season?

Sheepie came on asking questions about the game and wasn't a dick.

What is different? Hmmmmm...

As for me, I'm blaming Aberdeen for this. You know when you're a kid and you want a certain toy for christmas, it's not a great toy but you want it. Your brother also wants it, even though he said it was shit a while back. Christmas morning comes around and your brother gets the toy and you don't. You don't blame your parents who should have got it for you. You blame your brother for being a smug *****.

**** Aberdeen. I genuinely hope they get relegated. Soon.

shaun.lawson

Remember when Aberdeen beat us 3-0 last season?

Sheepie came on asking questions about the game and wasn't a dick.

What is different? Hmmmmm...

As for me, I'm blaming Aberdeen for this. You know when you're a kid and you want a certain toy for christmas, it's not a great toy but you want it. Your brother also wants it, even though he said it was shit a while back. Christmas morning comes around and your brother gets the toy and you don't. You don't blame your parents who should have got it for you. You blame your brother for being a smug *****.

**** Aberdeen. I genuinely hope they get relegated. Soon.

Hmm. Isn't this rather like when a woman discovers her man's been cheating on her, but instead of confronting him, attacks the other woman instead? And she does this because she can't come to terms with the abusive relationship she's in, and can only cope through denial and blaming others. Funny, sounds vaguely familiar somehow...

It is curious, though, how Mark McGhee's been a central figure in both the largest threads ever on here, and to our dashed hopes in two of the last three summers. He must be loving this, the smarmy prick.

Edited by shaun.lawson

Don Juan

Paul Hartleys 1st choice was Hearts FACT

He chose Aberdeen FACT

Due to behind the scenes interferene and not a footballing decision he declined Hearts offer FACT

Paul Hartley would rather be holding a Hearts scarf above his head than an Aberdeen one Fact

Aberdeen = sh*thole, full of junkie vermin. FACT!

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Hmm. Isn't this rather like when a woman discovers her man's been cheating on her, but instead of confronting him, attacks the other woman instead? And she does this because she can't come to terms with the abusive relationship she's in, and can only cope through denial and blaming others. Funny, sounds vaguely familiar somehow...

It is curious, though, how Mark McGhee's been a central figure in both the largest threads ever on here, and to our dashed hopes in two of the last three summers. He must be loving this, the smarmy prick.

Clever analogy but... I have to say, would you or any other bloke not boot the living cr*p out of someone if they slept with your wife? :thumbsup:

Personaly i think that there was probably more to be gained in signing Hartley to ensure he was not at one of our rivals rather than because he was going to turn us into some kind of super-power. good player but anyone building their entire hopes for the future on him are crazy!

Other players out there, let's move on. :thumbsup:

As for The Sheepsfuhrer... Yes... Smarmy P***k... that just about covers it for me too. :yucky:

shaun.lawson

Clever analogy but... I have to say, would you or any other bloke not boot the living cr*p out of someone if they slept with your wife? :thumbsup:

Personaly i think that there was probably more to be gained in signing Hartley to ensure he was not at one of our rivals rather than because he was going to turn us into some kind of super-power. good player but anyone building their entire hopes for the future on him are crazy!

Other players out there, let's move on. :thumbsup:

As for The Sheepsfuhrer... Yes... Smarmy P***k... that just about covers it for me too. :yucky:

I don't think it's about that, mate. Not at all, in fact. If an opportunity presents itself on a thread, I'll expand on what I mean later: but suffice to say, people are hurting right now at how they as fans and Hartley himself have been treated. And they're entitled to be hurt too.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I don't think it's about that, mate. Not at all, in fact. If an opportunity presents itself on a thread, I'll expand on what I mean later: but suffice to say, people are hurting right now at how they as fans and Hartley himself have been treated. And they're entitled to be hurt too.

People should not throw all their entire hopes behind one possibility like that... what a terrible way to live one's life, you could become bipolar in months as a Hearts supporter that way.

People are more downbeat now that they thought he was coming but didn't than before we thought it was possible he was coming in the first place. Folk need to man up a wee bit and get over it IMO. I think that he would have done a good job without a doubt but if he had signed then i would not have been thinking "Yus, that's us right up there challenging now"... no way, i think it is more detrimental to us that he will have improved Aberdeen rather than he will not have improved us.

There are other players out there and I reckon some people just need to suck it up a wee bit and see what we have when the ball starts rolling against teh Saints.

Before Hartley signed for us noone was clamouring to bring him to Tynie, indeed when he got here I witnessed one bloke get up and storm off during a game saying "I do not pay my money to watch levein's crap tactics and the likes of Paul Hartley!" I chuckled then too.

I rather like to think that JJ and co are capable of finding the 'new Hartley' or 'Cameron' or whoever rather than greetin' over spilt milk and blowing the whole thing right out of proportion.

smartgair

ONE player for what ever reason is at aberdeen that does not mean aberdeen can attract a better player than hearts that means they did on ONE occasion. they wanted kyle he came to tynecastle or does that not suit your arguement?

get a grip we are all disappointed but the ridiculous over reaction is pitifull.

shaun.lawson

People should not throw all their entire hopes behind one possibility like that... what a terrible way to live one's life, you could become bipolar in months as a Hearts supporter that way.

People are more downbeat now that they thought he was coming but didn't than before we thought it was possible he was coming in the first place. Folk need to man up a wee bit and get over it IMO. I think that he would have done a good job without a doubt but if he had signed then i would not have been thinking "Yus, that's us right up there challenging now"... no way, i think it is more detrimental to us that he will have improved Aberdeen rather than he will not have improved us.

There are other players out there and I reckon some people just need to suck it up a wee bit and see what we have when the ball starts rolling against teh Saints.

Before Hartley signed for us noone was clamouring to bring him to Tynie, indeed when he got here I witnessed one bloke get up and storm off during a game saying "I do not pay my money to watch levein's crap tactics and the likes of Paul Hartley!" I chuckled then too.

I rather like to think that JJ and co are capable of finding the 'new Hartley' or 'Cameron' or whoever rather than greetin' over spilt milk and blowing the whole thing right out of proportion.

But that's not it either. You're not getting it, mate. It's not that he's not coming: Paul Hartley was hardly integral to the success of this season, was he? It's that the fans had him dangled in front of them, then suddenly whipped away; it's the complete lack of communication from the club, and cloak and dagger nature of the whole thing; it's the club's highly revealing failure to deny the story in the Sun, a story which, if true, is disgusting; and above all, it's a reminder of how the vindictive little prick in charge of this club treats people, even unimpeachable heroes.

People feel used, Mothy; and that Paul Hartley was used too. And the point is: if Romanov can do that to him - and by implication, to another club legend, Jim Jefferies, as well - he can do it to anyone. This whole thing's about basic common decency - and a further reminder that, when push comes to shove, we're all pawns in Vlad's little game.

Edited by shaun.lawson

Boomstick

I still blame Aberdeen.

They're past St. Mirren now in my league of teams I hate. They're only behind Rangers, Celtic and hibs...

Edited by Boomstick

Guest Bilel Mohsni

But that's not it either. You're not getting it, mate. It's not that he's not coming: Paul Hartley was hardly integral to the success of this season, was he? It's that the fans had him dangled in front of them, then suddenly whipped away; it's the complete lack of communication from the club, and cloak and dagger nature of the whole thing; it's the club's highly revealing failure to deny the story in the Sun, a story which, if true, is disgusting; and above all, it's a reminder of how the vindictive little prick in charge of this club treats people, even unimpeachable heroes.

People feel used, Mothy; and that Paul Hartley was used too. And the point is: if Romanov can do that to him - and by implication, to another club legend, Jim Jefferies, as well - he can do it to anyone. This whole thing's about basic common decency - and a further reminder that, when push comes to shove, we're all pawns in Vlad's little game.

Jeebus, someone's feeling a bit melodramatic the day are they no?

"... Paul Hartley was hardly integral to the success of this season, was he? It's that the fans had him dangled in front of them, then suddenly whipped away... "

If we are in agreement that he is not integral then having him dangled and then whipped (ooh-er by the way) is hardly the end of the world as far as I am concerned. Also it is worth noting that Paul hartley's comments after signing for them were: "... as soon as I spoke to Mark (McGhee) and Willie (Miller) I knew I was working with genuine people who really wanted to bring me to the club. They sold the club... "

Now you have as much right to speculate as to what happened as i do mate but from reading that, i think he is suggesting that Jim and Billy were not as desperate to sign him as the Sheepsfuhrer was and as a result he opted for the manager who seemed to want him the most. I think it was people other than JJ who initialy got the ball rolling in our attempt to sign him anyway and I think that probably came accross when he met with us and with The Dons, maybe JJ was not able to make him the sort of assurances that the Sheepsfuhrer was? You do not know any better than I do, unless you have managed to get a job at the Press and Journal in the last few hours.

I reckon there is still every chance that it was Vlad that wanted him signed in the first place and I reckon that the plug could have pulled by others at UBIG because he was not deemed a profitable gamble.

You are making far too many leaps to conclusions that are still to be verified for my liking mate. :rolleyes:

Edited by Mothy

shaun.lawson

Jeebus, someone's feeling a bit melodramatic the day are they no?

"... Paul Hartley was hardly integral to the success of this season, was he? It's that the fans had him dangled in front of them, then suddenly whipped away... "

If we are in agreement that he is not integral then having him dangled and then whipped (ooh-er by the way) is hardly the end of the world as far as I am concerned. Also it is worth noting that Paul hartley's comments after signing for them were: "... as soon as I spoke to Mark (McGhee) and Willie (Miller) I knew I was working with genuine people who really wanted to bring me to the club. They sold the club... "

Now you have as much right to speculate as to what happened as i do mate but from reading that, i think he is suggesting that Jim and Billy were not as desperate to sign him as the Sheepsfuhrer was and as a result he opted for the manager who seemed to want him the most. I think it was people other than JJ who initialy got the ball rolling in our attempt to sign him anyway and I think that probably came accross when he met with us and with The Dons, maybe JJ was not able to make him the sort of assurances that the Sheepsfuhrer was? You do not know any better than I do, unless you have managed to get a job at the Press and Journal in the last few hours.

I reckon there is still every chance that it was Vlad that wanted him signed in the first place and I reckon that the plug could have pulled by others at UBIG because he was not deemed a profitable gamble.

You are making far too many leaps to conclusions that are still to be verified for my liking mate. :rolleyes:

I think there are three key quotes in all of this:

1. "We are finalising the approval process for signing Paul Hartley so I hope that we will be able to sign the player in the near future... I think that, it the next day or two, this will be absolutely clear and we will be given the green light to go ahead with this signing, which I hope we will be able to make... I understand that he is very popular with the fans, but we still need to wait a little bit to find out the possibilities... Generally, amongst the board there is support for this move so we need to formalise a few things and wait a few days for a final decision". - Sergejus Fedotovas, last Friday.

2. "He was one of a number of players we were interested in. We have some inquiries going on elsewhere. The club made a decision and we just move on". - Jim Jefferies, on Tuesday.

3. "As soon as I spoke to Mark and Willie I knew I was working with genuine people who really wanted to bring me to the club". - Paul Hartley, yesterday.

Finalising the approval process. Generally, support amongst the board. The club made a decision. Genuine people. And given that HMFC didn't deny the Sun's extremely serious allegations, if you can't join the dots mate, you're in denial.

And no, he wasn't integral to the season ahead. So in your view, is anyone at Hearts or connected in some way to Hearts dispensable, or worthy of this sort of treatment? Lastly, on the melodrama comment: when the Sun's story first broke late on Sunday night, a highly respected, utterly sensible Kickbacker, who bleeds this club and couldn't be less known for melodrama, said a wee part of their heart had been broken. Were they guilty of melodrama too?

Edited by shaun.lawson

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I think there are three key quotes in all of this:

1. "We are finalising the approval process for signing Paul Hartley so I hope that we will be able to sign the player in the near future... I think that, it the next day or two, this will be absolutely clear and we will be given the green light to go ahead with this signing, which I hope we will be able to make... I understand that he is very popular with the fans, but we still need to wait a little bit to find out the possibilities... Generally, amongst the board there is support for this move so we need to formalise a few things and wait a few days for a final decision". - Sergejus Fedotovas, last Friday.

2. "He was one of a number of players we were interested in. We have some inquiries going on elsewhere. The club made a decision and we just move on". - Jim Jefferies, on Tuesday.

3. "As soon as I spoke to Mark and Willie I knew I was working with genuine people who really wanted to bring me to the club". - Paul Hartley, yesterday.

Finalising the approval process. Generally, support amongst the board. The club made a decision. Genuine people. And given that HMFC didn't deny the Sun's extremely serious allegations, if you can't join the dots mate, you're in denial.

And no, he wasn't integral to the season ahead. So in your view, is anyone at Hearts or connected in some way to Hearts dispensable, or worthy of this sort of treatment? Lastly, on the melodrama comment: when the Sun's story first broke late on Sunday night, a highly respected, utterly sensible Kickbacker, who bleeds this club and couldn't be less known for melodrama, said a wee part of their heart had been broken. Were they guilty of melodrama too?

Shauny-boy, please... Chill and keep some perspective here eh?

1 ): Vlad went on record ringing Hartley's praises before we were linked with him and while he was still a BC player... you cannot just take that completely out of the equation when you list your key points. "... Generally, amongst the board there is support for this move so we need to formalise a few things and wait a few days for a final decision... " I think to me it sounds as if the "general support among the board included uncle Vladimirus, but that he was maybe unable to convince the rest of the board that this was a sound financial move when Hearts are leaking money year on year and there are younger more profitable players around both at Hearts and as potential recruits.

2 ): This next bit was an answer from Jim after plenty media speculation and a subsequent question being put to him about the possibility of Paul signing for us: ".. He was one of a number of players we were interested in. We have some inquiries going on elsewhere. The club made a decision and we just move on.. ". Now if you interpret that as a ringing endorsment of Hartley and think those are the words of a manager who is going out of his way to try and woo a former club hero then fair enough... Needless to say i do not read that the same way as you do, it reads more like... Well yeah, Hartley, of course I would take him at Hearts but he is not exactly my priority just now, i have other targets that I feel are more pressing to us right now.

3 ): Already covered this bit in my last post, it sounds like Aberdeen -and more importantly The Sheepsfuhrer- were more desperate to bring him in than JJ.

Your next, synopsis type paragraph, rolling the whole thing up into a nice tight little ball...

"... Finalising the approval process. Generally, support amongst the board. The club made a decision. Genuine people.

Could just as easily be paraphrased thus...

"... I understand that he is very popular with the fans, but we still need to wait a little bit to find out the possibilities. We need to formalise a few things and wait a few days for a final decision. He was one of a number of players we were interested in. We have some inquiries going on elsewhere... "

Suddenly reads very different depending on which parts you decide to focus on most strongly. this next bit... "... And given that HMFC didn't deny the Sun's extremely serious allegations, if you can't join the dots mate, you're in denial... "

coupled with...

"... when the Sun's story first broke late on Sunday night, a highly respected, utterly sensible Kickbacker, who bleeds this club and couldn't be less known for melodrama, said a wee part of their heart had been broken. Were they guilty of melodrama too?... "

I have sympathy with, I was livid when i read the Sun's little piece and my melodramatic and angry posts on here in response to it were way over the top, I was getting very upset that there were quotes acredited to "a Hearts spokesman" I saw that as meaning that the paper (I use the term loosley) had contacted and received information from a club appointed spokesman, i was subsequently informed by a few people that this is not an official term and does not have to be a "Hearts" appointed "spokesperson"... that is the bit that got me so angry (I sympathise with this other poster you allude to as I know the feeling)... I never take the Sun seriously and all articles I read, I always look for the quotes and who they are acredited to, wheadling out all of the opinion and speculative spin, this one threw ma a curve-ball however as I thought that their terminology had to mean an official club spokesperson... Upon reflection, i was duped and hearts are probably looking into what grounds they have to dispute the term's use but they will probably reach the same conclusion... Anyone can be a hearts spokesman just by giving their opinions on Hearts.

Edited by Mothy