Oxgangs

Hound

I have just done a 'tour' of oxgangs (the place where I grew up) and what a shithole.I aint been in about 4years but surly things can't be that bad it makes where I stay now look posh.I always thought oxgangs was one of edinburgh awright scummy areas broomhouse looks better IMO.Any kickbackers have the misfortune of staying in oxgangs

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Governor Tarkin

• The Real Maroonblood

• jake

Craigieboy

I was brought up in Colinton Mains & Dreghorn but I always 'mucked aboot' in Oxgangs. Had loads of mates there.

It is a bit grotty these days but it really depends on the part you are in. I must admit that Colinton Mains has went really downhill. Loved that place as well & always fancied bringing my own family up there.

I was brought up in Colinton Mains & Dreghorn but I always 'mucked aboot' in Oxgangs. Had loads of mates there.

It is a bit grotty these days but it really depends on the part you are in. I must admit that Colinton Mains has went really downhill. Loved that place as well & always fancied bringing my own family up there.

I stayed there aswell near the shops it was nice.(This was 15years+ ago).I stayed on oxgangs avenue I am bloody glad I moved from there.They are mostly inbreeds anyway IMO

heartsfc_fan

I was brought up about 10 mins away in swanston/fairmilehead (the nice areas :whistling:)

Never really minded oxgangs that much. It's just one of those areas with council housing (that 70's style "grey" look) that folk live in. One or two jakeys but the area looks a tad better with no high rise flats.

Edited by heartsfc_fan

I stayed there aswell near the shops it was nice.(This was 15years+ ago).I stayed on oxgangs avenue I am bloody glad I moved from there.They are mostly inbreeds anyway IMO

oh hound you are a silly mutt. too transparent by half.

poor attempt to goad/wind-up a kickbacker you know to reside in the oxgangs area type thread IMO.

just tell us who it is and call him a ****** and be done with it.

oh hound you are a silly mutt. too transparent by half.

poor attempt to goad/wind-up a kickbacker you know to reside in the oxgangs area type thread IMO.

just tell us who it is and call him a ****** and be done with it.

I dont think anyone on kickback is a ****** :whistling:

Ratboy 1874

I stay in Oxgangs and i see nothing wrong with it.

It is just peoples usual stereo typical views of things.

loveofthegame

I know of some particular scumbags that spend their horrible, little scummy lives in Oxgangs and would not step foot in the area if you paid me. Sure like most 'dodgy' areas there are more nice people than bad eggs but these particular bad eggs terrify the life out of me. vermin of the highest order who would stab you before looking at you

vermin of the highest order who would stab you before looking at you

Surely a good chance they would miss their intended target then?

ps - I haven't a chuffing clue where Oxgangs is :D

J.T.F.Robertson

Up until a few years ago, I would stay at my cousin's place in Oxgangs when I was back on holiday. (they emigrated to Rockingham, W.A.) They had a lovely place there. Oxgangs Loan, the last house at the top of the steps.

I was brought up in oxgangs and to say it is worse than broomhoose aye right. Sill regularly visit my mother and ile give you the middle bit is looking a bit old but colinton mains bottom end and the top half oxgangs bank onwards are still nice places to stay.

Still go up the GOODIES every now and then and find the area on the whole filled with genuine down to earth people,so sorry op a think yer talkin pap.

Commander Harris

I had a good friend who lived in Oxgangs so I used to spend a lot of time up there. ?Never had any problems there and didn't feel unsafe walking about there at night. ?I'm not naive enough to think it doesn't have its problems, I've seen them first hand, but there are definitely worse areas and, as has been said above, on the whole most folk are a decent sort. ?

I know of some particular scumbags that spend their horrible, little scummy lives in Oxgangs and would not step foot in the area if you paid me. Sure like most 'dodgy' areas there are more nice people than bad eggs but these particular bad eggs terrify the life out of me. vermin of the highest order who would stab you before looking at you

Oxgangs a dodgy area......you having a laugh.

Born and bred in Oxgangs and still have family and many friends there and it has not changed much since I was young apart from the flats not be there now.

And anyone thinking Broomhouse is a better place than Oxgangs to live then you need help.

Jambojohnnyboy

Born and bred in Oxgangs and still have family and many friends there and it has not changed much since I was young apart from the flats not be there now.

And anyone thinking Broomhouse is a better place than Oxgangs to live then you need help.

I was brought up in the area as well and am always more than happy to head back up.

There is nothing going on in Oxgangs that isn't happening elsewhere in the city and don't kid yourself that 'wealthier' areas don't see their fair share of issues. Knob ends aren't restricted by postcode.

Think it comes down to personal opinion and making a judgement based on what you see.

My gran has stay's in broomhouse and I used to spend every weekend down there.I never got any hassel or even a sarky comment thrown at me from the neds.The area might look like shitbut it is not as bad as people make out.Oxgangs however had hassel with BAR OX :lol:.Some of them had the cheek to say we were outsiders because we moved there when I was 6.Some of the people in oxgangs are ok but alot of them are just lowlife vermin.

Governor Tarkin

I'm from those parts too and the folks still live there. Apart from a few knobs (the likes of which can be found anywhere) it's not a bad spot. Broomie by comparison resembles satan's arse.

I'm from those parts too and the folks still live there. Apart from a few knobs (the likes of which can be found anywhere) it's not a bad spot. Broomie by comparison resembles satan's arse.

Do the neds still hang around the chip inn :lol:

Broomhouse is really quite now IMO

Governor Tarkin

Do the neds still hang around the chip inn laugh.gif

Arf, that was my manor once upon a time (20 years ago).

Dunno mate, probably though.

Satans Arse with Piles. :thumbsup:

Edited by davjambo

The Real Maroonblood

THIS :thumbsup:

I remember when you come in to Oxgangs from the Greenbank end the first house on the left had Bar Ox daubed on the wall.

It made you feel so proud.

:rolleyes:

Didnae realise kickback had such a big Y.M.B.O. team . :whistling:

It's no surprise when I was a kid it was full of Jambos.

The Real Maroonblood

It's no surprise when I was a kid it was full of Jambos.

It was at least 10-1 in our favour and I am being quite generous.

I grew up in Oxgangs as well and Mum still lives there. Seems to be quite quiet now up there is anything. Good Jambo area so not surprised there are so many on Kickback.

Worst thing about Oxgangs is the number 4 bus, dreadful service (or it was back when I lived there)!

I grew up in Oxgangs as well and Mum still lives there. Seems to be quite quiet now up there is anything. Good Jambo area so not surprised there are so many on Kickback.

Worst thing about Oxgangs is the number 4 bus, dreadful service (or it was back when I lived there)!

the old number 32/52 was worse

Guest Ash Cloud

Do the neds still hang around the chip inn :lol:

Still a shithole tho always has been ..

Guest Ash Cloud

YMBO !!!thumbsup.gif

What does the M stand for ? am thinking along the lines of mindless moronic or something like that ..

What does the M stand for ? am thinking along the lines of mindless moronic or something like that ..

YOUNG.MENTAL.BAR.- OX IS THE PROPER SUNDAY NAME. :thumbsup:

Brought up in Oxgangs, nothing but good memories. I used to get a shilling on a Saturday morning and head down to the Broadway. I would get 2 packets of salted peanuts and 2 caramac bars at threepence each. Heaven!! :thumbsup:

:teehee:

Nah definatly not although there is a bit of a dhims corner but a pretty mixed boozer. D,ont know why there was a goodies hibs banner at fester road a few years back think it was done as a wind up.

Craigieboy

Nah definatly not although there is a bit of a dhims corner but a pretty mixed boozer. D,ont know why there was a goodies hibs banner at fester road a few years back think it was done as a wind up.

Their nearest shithole in the area is the Pavillion which I stopped frequenting when the staff refered to me as a 'Hearts b***ard' while talking to one of their regulars.

Classy.

Edited by Craigieboy

• 9 years later...

Kick start this thread. By the looks of it, no comments from anyone of note. 

Bar ox, ymbo where and always wlll be a top mob. 

Hobos, hearts whatever the Ox came first. 

Ftb

7 hours ago, stew mc said:

Ftb

:cornette::cornette:

Were you someone of "note"?

Governor Tarkin
14 hours ago, stew mc said:

Ftb

Correct.

7 hours ago, Herbert said:

:cornette::cornette:

Were you someone of "note"?

Meet him round the back of the Wheatfield and find out.